Burge Weddings Reviews

Burge Weddings 3
Burge Weddings 4
Burge Weddings 5

Molly · Married on 10/04/2014

The Burge was the perfect spot for our rehearsal dinner. The location is beautiful and Dawn went above and beyond in her responsiveness and attention to detail. All of our guests are still raving about what a great night it was at the Burge!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2014

We hosted an engagement party for our Godchild and we wanted everything to be perfect for her opening to the wedding season parties. Dawn made every detail smooth and effortless--and beautiful. Andrew made the most delicious food, and our co-hosts are still talking about how wonderful it was. We had the party off-site at our farm--the staff came over the day before and moved furniture and set up all the tables and flowers. When the party was over, they clean up and put everything back. How easy as that? Fabulous fabulous fabulous! Thank you, Dawn and Andrew and all your Burge staff.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

We are on the second day of our honeymoon and cannot stop talking about how perfect our wedding was, so I had to write a review and take this time to thank each and every person at Burge Plantation that made our wedding everything we could dream of and more! Starting with Dawn Leonetti, literally the best wedding planner I could have asked for. From day one, she was there to help plan and share ideas with me. My family and I were able to attend a tasting at the venue, and let me just say the food provided at Burge is absolutely delicious!! We chose the Italian themed buffet, and my friends and family raved about how good everything was. I definitely caught a few going for seconds ;). The grounds are absolutely beautiful and there are so many options of how you can set up your dream wedding. The day of the wedding, Dawn kept things running so smoothly and I can say with absolute truth the wedding went by EXACTLY as planned! I cannot say enough about this venue, and Dawn, and we are so truly grateful for the care, consideration and detail that you all provided for us. I have shared and recommended Burge Plantation to all of our family and friends and hope to visit again soon to experience the magic all over again! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2014

As for the rehearsal dinner... I had people saying they wanted to lick their plates! Burge grows almost all of their own veggies, herbs etc. on the plantation grounds. Our dinner was plated and everyone of the 25 in the party had a HOT meal placed in front of them. The staff was most polite and very efficient! The Plantation can suggest meals and have some you can pick from but in my case I wanted a certain mixture of things... Chef Andrew accommodated MY own ideas and wishes for the rehearsal party. I was so glad I decided NOT to go anywhere else... they just made it easy! It was set up when I arrived. I put out a few candles and my own minimal touches and we were ready for fun and great food! Don't waste time going to other places and getting less than the best! Your kids and guests deserve it! **Of course Dawn coordinated all of this part too!

Sent on 10/08/2014

George · Married on 09/27/2014

As the father of the groom, I let my wife plan our part of the rehearsal party. At first she worried a lot about all the details etc. After meeting with Dawn, the wedding planner at Burge, she came home very pleased with the way she and the staff had guided her in the planning portion of our rehearsal duties. My wife has her own ideas about what she wants and how things should be. We arrived and the entire venue we were using was prepared to the final detail! We had gone to a food tasting earlier and that allowed my wife to plan the dinner SHE wanted... even though the plantation has meals from which you can pick. We basically showed up, rehearsed, ate a fabulous meal and partied then left. It took so much headache out of the whole day! Thanks Dawn for taking the stress away from my wife and allowing all of us to have a great time!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

This was the most perfect venue!!! From the awesome wedding coordinator who covered everything from head to toe to the fantastic food and actual location. I could have never imagined a more perfect day and I could have never done it by myself!! Dawn is so genuine and on top of it and gets back to you so quick with answers to any questions you may have in a jiffy. The food was tremendous, chef Andrew is amazing, everyone was talking about how yummy all of the food was. Needless to say I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! We loved it and we love dawn!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Tam · Married on 09/20/2014

My son was married at Burge Plantation on September 20, 2014. We had the rehearsal dinner there the night before. I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience! Dawn Leonetti was awesome. From start to finish she was always there to help or answer any questions. She even had suggestions that I had not even thought of. The food was wonderful! The Chef knows what he's doing for sure. The staff was so so nice and helpful too. I have to applaud Dawn! She had a broken ankle and wore a boot the whole weekend. It did not stop her one bit! She was always where she needed to be and doing everything she needed to do! That says a lot! As far as the wedding.....it was a dream! A day I will never forget. Everything went flawlessly and again, I have to thank the staff at Burge Plantation and most of all Dawn Leoetti.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Skyler · Married on 09/06/2014

We got married at Burge on September 6th and it was better than we could've ever dreamed of! We are very familiar with Burge and spent time there on some of our first dates- we both knew immediately we wanted to get married there when we got engaged. The entire staff is beyond incredible and accommodating, especially Dawn. Dawn was there every step of the way helping us to coordinate and recommending different vendors in the area. Most of the vendors out in Mansfield are friends with one another and the staff at Burge, so they are very trustworthy and reliable. Burge is an incredibly beautiful property and makes for an incredible setting! The food is beyond amazing...our friends are still talking about it. Chef Andrew is amazing, you have to have the macaroni. It is really nice that Burge does the catering and can supply all tables, linens, etc. You can absolutely make it a country wedding or a black tie event at Burge like we did. It lends itself to all styles. We really wouldn't change one thing about our wedding and owe Dawn majorly for making our day perfect!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Cheryl · Married on 09/06/2014

Burge Plantation had it all. The venue was spectacularly beautiful, the food was incredible, and the staff was the best I have worked with. This is my third child's wedding, so I know how tough it is to get such a perfect place.. I did not know it was humanly possible to be this great!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Amy · Married on 08/24/2014

The Burge plantation went over and beyond for my wedding day! The food was delicious,the property was gorgeous,everything was perfect! I would like to say mostly the coordinator Dawn was the best part! Anything I needed,wanted everything and so much more she did! The Burge defently is the place to have your wedding and any other event!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2014

So I intentionally delayed writing this review for a bit so that the emotions of the day not would cause me to be a little biased. We could not have have had a more stress free, enjoyable wedding, attributed all to Burge and Dawn for all the professionalism and therapeutic skills!

While Burge it isn't inside the perimeter, it isn't far away, and its charm easily outweighs a bit longer drive. It is a classic old south setting, with the white buildings, sprawling lawns and old shade trees. The history of the place is very interesting as well. You get the option of where you'd like to have the wedding and reception, which is nice. I chose to get married on the steps of the main house with the reception at the conservatory.

Dawn had everything during the planning phase running like a well oiled machine, despite our growing guest list. She would tell us everything was under control, and we placed our full faith in her. And even the hottest day of the summer did not phase the burge crew in the least. They seemed to be everywhere readying the place for the event yet never seeming underfoot, no stress on our part at all. If something was needed to be done, it was as if they read our minds and it appeared.

Moving to the reception,170 hot, thirsty and hungry people were served in a timely fashion. The line for beer was initially long but that was no big deal after the rush. The food was amazing! Six weeks after, I still have people complimenting us on the food. I highly suggest the veal meatloaf.

The service staff was the A Team. And of course Dawn was omnipresent making sure the event kept rolling on without a hiccup. I have no doubt that there are a lot of facilities out there that can do a good job on a wedding, but I can not see how a venue can provide a setting with the ambiance and service that Burge provided us. We got more than our money's worth on the whole thing, and my wedding day was far better than I could have dreamed.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/09/2014

Our day was absolutely perfect! The Burge is a beautiful venue and offers everything I was looking for. Our guests have gone on and on about how much they loved everything about the wedding and about how amazing the food was! Dawn (Burge wedding coordinator) made my day completely stress free. She was incredible at making sure everything was set just how we wanted it (before) and that everything went well the day of. I highly recommend the Burge to anyone looking for an outdoor venue and values affordability and a venue that includes a coordinator, rentals (tables, chairs, flatware, linens, plates, etc), and has an onsite chef. We had an absolute picture perfect day and I couldn't thank Dawn and the Burge enough!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Beth · Married on 06/21/2014

The Burge Plantation was a beautiful place for a wedding and Dawn Leonetti, Event Coordinator; Chef Andrew, and the entire staff worked to make Sheridan and Miles' wedding day perfect. They were married in the garden and the Conservatory where the reception was held was lovely. The food was delicious-our guests raved about the shrimp and grits, and kale salad. The wedding started right on time, the dinner was served in a timely manner, and cake cutting and other wedding happenings took place as planned thanks to the management of Dawn. She was responsive to any requests and made the bride and groom and all their guests feel so important. Sheridan was beautiful and Miles was handsome and they made the Burge Plantation glow with their love. Thank you, Burge, for making my memories of their wedding so sweet.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Gina · Married on 05/17/2014

The Burge Plantation was a wonderful place for my daughters wedding. Everything was perfect. Dawn Leonetti, the wedding planner, had everything just like my daughter wanted it. No worries!! The venue was beautiful. Dawn recommended Kaci for the flowers and they were perfect also. Couldn't have been happier. RE the food, YUM is the only word to describe it!! If you want to have a beautiful wedding and be able to enjoy it....go to the Burge and talk with Dawn. I don't know how she does it but she does!!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jillian · Married on 05/17/2014

I could not have dreamed of a more perfect place for my wedding. First, the venue is absolutely breathtaking and can be made more rustic, casual or more elegant and formal. The possibilities to see your vision here are never ending. On top of that, I felt like the staff at the Burge were part of my wedding party. They truly cared about my event. They were there to make sure that it was everything that I could have hoped for and more. To know that the people you are working with TRULY care, helps alleviate some of the anxiety on whether things will be done as you hoped. Dawn Leonetti is a tremendous wedding planner and director. She will provide you with ideas, make sure everything is done to a t, keep you on track, and above all - provide you with peace of mind! The food was fantastic and I keep hearing my guests rave on all parts of the menu. Finally, after it is all over...to hear continuously how "beautiful" and "wonderful" everything was...is music to my ears. It keeps letting me relive what was truly a fantastic day thanks in part to the Burge. Love love love this place and all of the staff.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Todd · Married on 05/11/2014

This is without a doubt the best venue and value to have a wedding. The food and service are impeccable. You get to preview and taste all food choices before choosing the menu!!!! The setting is fairy tale like and should you choose, you can have the bride arrive to the aisle by horse and buggy!! Dawn, our wedding planner was absolutely amazing. She was there to meet with us whenever we had questions and on the day of the wedding she made SURE everything was perfect! She was friendly and knowlegable and was pretty much perfect!! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to ANYONE getting married. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/14/2014

We had our wedding here in May. It was absolutely beautiful. The coordinator was extremely helpful in making sure everything went off without a hitch. Perfect. Also, the food was spectacular. All of our guests will be talking about how great everything was for years to come. Thanks!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Joanna · Married on 05/03/2014

My husband and I were married at Burge on May 3rd, 2014 and could not have asked for a better venue! The wedding coordinator Dawn was so helpful. She went out of her way to make all my dreams come true for our special day. She was easy to get in touch with throughout the planning process and decorated the reception space beautifully! The venue was beautiful and the staff was excellent. I can't recommend this place enough for brides-to-be!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Lucy · Married on 04/12/2014

Burge Event Professionals:

Incredible venue…incredible service…creating a memorable evening! What else can we say - your attention to the details for our engagement party event was spot on…creating a beautiful "over the top" evening for our friends and family. Thank you so very much for helping us a create this special affair…we will be back! Lucy and John Heagy

Sent on 10/12/2014

Emily · Married on 03/29/2014

Firstly, you should know that I'm definitely not the type of person who writes reviews, and certainly not the type who gives all 5's… but my experience at Burge was so EXCEPTIONAL, I thought it was worthy of a RAVE review! Here's what I loved most about having our wedding at Burge:
    (1) Customer Service - My fiancé and I received unparalleled customer service from Dawn (Burge's on-site wedding coordinator) and the entire Burge team. Chef Andrew created a customized gluten-free menu to accommodate family food allergies. The #1 compliment we received from guests was that the food was really relish and not like "typical wedding food"! Dawn responded to all of my questions, emails, and texts within a matter of hours. On the day of our wedding, Dawn tried up until 1/2 hour before the ceremony to keep it outside as we'd wanted (despite rainy / drizzling conditions). And, when a family emergency arose a week prior to the wedding, Dawn handled the issue with sympathy and kindness. Simply put - these are GREAT people! An excellent team that will treat you with dignity and personal touches.
    (2) Beauty of the Grounds - I looked at SEVERAL other garden-type facilities for an outdoor wedding around Atlanta, and can safely say that BURGE is the best for two reasons. Firstly, the grounds are immaculate. Dawn ensures fresh flowers are planted and blooming for your ceremony, and the lawn is pristinely manicured. Also - the rain-plan location (the conservatory) is a lovely indoor/space which feels open and airy. Definitely the most-gorgeous spot in my search!
    My fiancé and I were married at Burge on March 29th, 2014 in what felt like a total fairytale evening. Thank you, Burge, for making our night so incredibly special!

Sent on 04/06/2014

Christie · Married on 10/12/2013

Burge was the perfect place for my son and his new bride's wedding. Everything was so well organized. Traveling from another state, we had to put a lot of trust in Dawn and she did not dissapoint. Dawn was amazing and I feel like I have a new friend in her. She was there every step of the way and made sure that everything was going as planned. The place was absolutely gorgeous and the reception was so much fun. Everything was well planned and spaced out and no one had to wait in long lines to eat. The food was delicious. Paula's Porch was the most quaint place to have a rehearsal dinner and the bar-b-que themed dinner was awesome!! The cabins on the property were very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. There is nothing I would change about the weekend -- I truly think it was the perfect wedding and I would recommend Burge to all brides!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Erin · Married on 10/12/2013

My daughter's wedding at Burge Plantation could not have been more perfect! Dawn and her staff were professional from start to finish and were so easy to work with. Chef Andrew's food would rival that of any chef in Atlanta. Our guest RAVED about the food and the amazing beauty of the venue. Everything could not have run more smoothly. If you are looking for an outdoor venue near Atlanta. Burge is DEFINITELY the way to go! You will NOT be disappointed. And parents of the bride....more importantly...it wont' cost you a fortune!! :)

Sent on 12/29/2013

Barbara · Married on 09/21/2013

Burge was beautiful and so very accommodating. We had my son and daughter in law's wedding here a couple of weeks ago and despite the downpour it was a wonderful day. Chef Andrew customized a menu for us to support our Asian infused southern theme. From what I heard the food was great. I somehow missed eating all that much....but that is what happens when everyone is having such a great time. Dawn and the rest of the staff were so great in making sure things ran smoothly. The last minute change in the weather did not dampen our spirits. It brought character to an already amazing time. Thanks to Burge my daughter in law's vision came to life! We would do it all over again!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Kaci · Married on 09/20/2013

I have done several wedding at Burge Plantation, because I am a florist. I absolutely love the venue and there staff. It is an awesome place to have your wedding with a beautiful view. Thank you , Burge for everything you do for me and our clients.

Kaci Marks

Sent on 10/01/2013

Crystal · Married on 08/24/2013

My husband and I were got married at Burge Plantation back in August of 2013 and I have to say it was everything I could have ever wanted! The place itself is BEAUTIFUL, not to mention all of the staff was so nice and helpful. Dawn Leonetti, the wedding coordinator, is AWESOME! She kept me on task along the way and made sure every single detail was taken care of. The food was absolutely AMAZING. All of my guests raved about how good the food was for weeks after the wedding. The price was competitive, if not better, than most all of the other places we looked into and you get SO much more for your money. There are 2 separate ADORABLE cabins for the wedding party (guys/girls) to get ready in the day of wedding and plenty of gorgeous places to take pictures. My hubby and I stayed there in a cabin that night after the wedding also. I cannot say enough about happy we were with our experience at Burge. I highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Sent on 02/04/2014