Burge Weddings Reviews

Burge Weddings 4
Burge Weddings 5
  • Z

Zack · Married on 09/17/2016

What a magical most perfect weekend our wedding was! Thank you for all of your hard work, phone calls, emails, planning meetings, etc. Your talent was seen throughout the weekend. It's evident that you love your job as you run aound with a huge smile on your face making sure all "demands" as met...and there were lots of them. From the elegant outdoor luncheon to the hayride, from delicious brunches to a successful ceremony and even more success party, I can't say thank you enough! It was even better than what I've dreamed of since age 4. It was a perfect weekend from beginning to end. Thank you for ALL you did for us. I wish we could hit replay and do it all over again. I guess we'll have to renew our vows one day....or maybe a baby shower at Burge. We'll see!
    With gratitude, Mary Catherine and Zack

Sent on 10/26/2016

Bill · Married on 08/20/2016

We need to tell Dawn and her staff directly how much you all contributed to the success of our 50th anniversary party. Many of our guests have raved about the food, the service, and the attractiveness of the venue at Burge. You helped so much in planning and execution. It was a perfect evening for us and all of our guests. For sure we will call on Burge for future events of ours and recommend Burge to our friends and associates. Sincerely and best wishes, Bill and Diane

Sent on 09/20/2016

Allen · Married on 08/06/2016

Such a beautiful venue for our 50th anniversary celebration! We could not have envisioned such a wonderful party. Everyone enjoyed the food, fellowship, music, and the total Burge experience. Thanks for all you did to make this milestone so memorable.

Sent on 09/08/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Burge Plantation, Dawn, and her entire staff! Dawn, the wedding coordinator at Burge, was beyond amazing. She took care of every last detail, was extremely easy to work with, and made our special day stress-free. We had a plated meal for our rehearsal dinner at Paula’s Porch and a buffet-style dinner for the wedding reception, and all of the food was delicious! We had Drive Time, a Covington-based group, as our wedding band and they were fantastic. The grounds at Burge Plantation are breathtaking and we really could not have asked for a better wedding experience. I highly recommend Burge Plantation, Dawn, and her entire staff for any future weddings!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Not only is Burge beautiful, their staff is awesome and so easy to work with! Our early Spring wedding was perfect and everything went smoothly thanks to their wonderful wedding director, Dawn. The food is delicious and the catering staff is great. We couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding and we are so glad we chose Burge Plantation as our venue!

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • W

Wanda · Married on 04/09/2016

My son and his bride were married at Burge Plantation on April 9, 2016. We were very impressed with the level of service and professionalism provided by Dawn Leonetti and the entire Burge staff! The food for the rehearsal dinner was delicious, the setting was beautiful and all of the wedding day details were taken care of to the letter. We used their on-site accommodations as well and it made it easy for our out-of-town guests to feel a part of all of the activities! Thank you Burge for everything! You made our son's wedding a day to remember!

Mother of the Groom

Sent on 04/26/2016

Burge Plantation is a beautiful place for a wedding and reception with Southern charm. The staff provided the ability for the bride and mother of the bride to enjoy the moment knowing that even the smallest detail would be carried out to perfection. The food was beyond outstanding. From beginning to end, the staff was welcoming, friendly, professional, and sincere in making our event all that we wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 10/29/2015

My daughter just got married at Burge Plantation 4 days ago. I cannot say how very happy and satisfied her father and I were the entire staff and property. Dawn, the event coordinator, was wonderful and did everything to make or daughter's dream wedding come true. I really like how the staff set up and cleaned up after the wedding had to end. I like that there were many choices the ceremony could take place. Parking for the guest was so easy and the grounds are beautiful. The list of vendors provided by Dawn made choosing cake, DJ,, photographer, and flowers so much easier. Thank you Burge Planation for such a beautiful event in our family's history.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Samantha & Jake · Married on 10/16/2015

The Burge Plantation was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding!! From the moment we walked onto the grounds and saw all of the beautiful trees, reception hall, and cottages we knew this was the place we wanted to get married. My husband is an arborist and we got married in front of the main house under two Post Oak trees. The Burge Plantation even let him climb the trees the morning of our wedding to hang lanterns for our ceremony. The wedding planner Dawn is amazing! She is absolutely on top of everything 100%. We currently live in Ohio but are both from Georgia so we had to plan our wedding from out of state. I sent many emails back and forth to Dawn and she always responded quickly and was very thorough. We were able to taste most of our food before hand at the food tasting in January and there we met our photographer, florist, and minister. All of whom are excellent!!! From the flowers to music and food everything was just the way we wanted. The Burge also provides two cottages during the day for the bridal party to hang out and get ready. This was perfect for us because we had several relatives from out of state who we able to come early and spend time with us during the day. The girls cottage also becomes the honeymoon suite at night, so my husband and I didn't have to drive anywhere and we woke up to the gorgeous scenery of the Burge Plantation. Our wedding day was the best day so far and we are so unbelievably happy to have chosen the Burge Planation as our venue. We hope to return through out the years and continue to have wonderful memories there. Thank you to the entire staff at the Burge and Dawn for making our wedding day magical!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Ashlyn · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married at Burge on October 10, and had been planning our wedding there for over a year and a half. While the property itself is worth every penny, Dawn, the wedding coordinator, was by far the best part of our decision to have our wedding at Burge. She ensures that everything is exactly how you want it and is sure to let you know of all of your options along the wedding planning process. Even with it raining twenty minutes before my outdoor ceremony, Dawn never appeared flustered, which helped me stay calm; she knew I wanted an outdoor wedding, and despite the rain, when the time came, she was able to give me a beautiful outdoor wedding that went flawlessly. With Dawn, along with the renowned food, florist, and staff, a wedding at Burge could be nothing less than perfection.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Darcy · Married on 10/04/2015

I cannot recommend Burge highly enough. When I first met with Dawn Leonetti at Burge, she asked me what I wanted for my wedding day (a variation on the "what is your VISION for your wedding day?" question that almost every single vendor we spoke with asked). I told her I wanted to show up, get married, have a fun party with great food, and to not have to worry about ANY of the details. Dawn and the Burge staff provided all that, and more.
    In the three weeks leading up to the wedding, when our plans were changing almost by the hour due to last minute RSVPs, wedding party indecisiveness, and various wedding-related freak outs, Dawn calmly incorporated the changes without batting an eye. On the day of our wedding, despite bad weather, an unprepared DJ, a bride who was running late, a florist who was out of contact, and other such challenges, Dawn and her staff had everything under control. I didn't have to worry about anything other than walking down the aisle (which was beautiful and made for gorgeous pictures).
    When we got to the reception, Dawn had already snagged a plate of appetizers just for us, as our guests were devouring the appetizers (which were AMAZING) at an awe-inspiring rate. She made sure my husband and I had a plate of Chef Andrew's delicious food before the buffet line was open (and again, before the guests descended on the delectable food like a chocoholic at the Ghiradelli factory), and even had plates of food and wedding cupcakes waiting for us in our cabin after the reception ended. We were able to focus on the excitement of getting married, dancing, and spending time with friends and family and NOT worrying about details!
    Burge is a beautiful location with fabulous food (seriously, the shrimp and grits are to die for), but there are lots of beautiful locations. What set it apart from all the other venues was Dawn and her staff-they made our wedding day as easy and stress-free as possible.

Sent on 10/10/2015

sue · Married on 10/04/2015

Burge Plantation is a lovely venue. The wedding coordinator, Dawn, was excellent. She was organized, available, professional, and kept everyone moving in a timely manner, while not being pushy. Their chef prepared marvelous-tasting food, and presented it beautifully. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/11/2015

My daughter was married last weekend at Burge Plantation. Even though mother nature chose not to cooperate the wedding could not have been more beautiful. Dawn was absolutely amazing. Every detail was taken care of to perfection. I could not have asked for someone more delightful to work with. I would definitely recommend this venue and Dawn to all.

Joyce and Lawrence · Married on 10/03/2015

All events at the Burge Plantation were well planned, organized and prepared for unexpected weather

circumstances. The grounds were immaculate! Wedding guests commented on the beauty of the

plantation.

Cabin accommodations were wonderful. The room amenities were absolutely outstanding. Quiet and

very restful surroundings provided for a restful haven.

Set up for the rehearsal dinner was outstanding. The food preparations of Chef Andrew were delicious.

Well prepared and presentation was superb. Service providers were very polite and professional.

Wedding Event planner, Dawn Leonetti, provided flawless procedures beyond expectations. The setting

was absolutely beautiful.

An absolutely lovely weekend and a forever memory.

Joyce and Lawrence Keith

alison · Married on 10/03/2015

I can not say enough how great Dawn and everyone at Burge were on my sister in laws wedding. Dawn was there every step of the way, some things needed to be changed the day of the wedding and it was so smooth the bride or mother had no worry at all. Dawn is awesome at was she does. Food was excellent everything was awesome. Dawn was so flexible with things. We could not ask for anything better that the service we received. I would recommend anybody looking to have a wedding or just a celebration to use the Burge Plantation.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Erin · Married on 10/03/2015

I could not be happier that we chose Burge Plantation for our wedding. The venue is unbelievably gorgeous and the food is absolutely to die for. Chef Andrew is extremely talented. The coordinator, Dawn Leonetti went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was everything we had ever dreamed of - even when we had to revert to plan B due to weather conditions. We had so much fun and the day went absolutely flawlessly. Dawn did a wonderful job communicating with our other vendors. She also did a great job orchestrating our family and friends during the rehearsal and ceremony. We added several personalized details to our wedding and Dawn ensured that everything went smoothly with those as well. I highly recommend Burge to any bride, Dawn will literally make your dreams come true!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Paula · Married on 09/26/2015

Love love love love this place! Our wedding day was perfect and we are so happy we chose Burge! Dawn and her staff are top notch, the food here is so delicious, grounds are beautiful, and the staff is just amazing. Everyone was always so helpful and they were all such a joy to work with.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Julia · Married on 09/26/2015

Tom and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Dawn Leonetti of Burge Plantation, Mansfield, Georgia for the Rehearsal Dinner of our son and daughter-in-law on September 25, 2015. The event was a “Low Country Boil” at the picturesque Hunting Lodge and Open Air Barn, part of the Burge Plantation Hunt Club . Dawn and her team were exceptionally personable, professional and talented, provided quality customer service, and went above and beyond the call of duty. It's because of Dawn and the Burge Plantation Team that the Rehearsal Dinner was such a celebration for our many out of state guests to not only rave about, but everyone was enveloped in the pleasant atmosphere created by the event planners from the organic flowers/decorations/favors to the lighting and outdoor pit fires. . We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on how lovely, professional, and creative the decorations were. My husband also officiated the wedding ceremony (September 26, 2015) and thoroughly enjoyed Dawn and her team in their able assistance and suggestions for a fluid and lovely wedding processional and ceremony on the Burge Plantation Home site. The wedding and reception were magnificent in every detail, and compliments were made by all on the choice of venue. Most importantly, Dawn and the Burge Team made us feel apart of their family, and made sure we were taken care of in every way. We have already recommended Burge Plantation to our friends!

Sincere thanks and gratitude, Tom and Julia (9/26/2015, Madison, Georgia)

Sent on 10/02/2015

Lori · Married on 09/26/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better day! From the venue, to the staff, to the food- we're still getting great comments from our friends and family. Thank you Dawn and everyone else involved for making this an unforgettable event on our lives!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/26/2015

My Mom and I had been searching online and through friend's recommendations for quite some time for the perfect venue. I had an image in my mind of getting married in a beautiful outdoor setting surrounded by my family and friends. We found the website for Burge, headed out there that same day and didn't look any further. Dawn, Burge's wedding coordinator, made my Mom and I feel so comfortable from the start. I'm the first in my family to get married so literally everything was a new experience. We had lots of questions that first day and they were all answered in such a way that we knew we could handle this journey! Our ceremony was held under a big oak tree and even though we had 170 guests it felt very close and intimate. My new husband's relatives and mine are all from the Midwest and to see their faces as they attended a wedding at a true Southern plantation was priceless! The food was so much above the class of 'wedding food'. 2 weeks after the wedding we are still receiving compliments on the menu! Dawn was everywhere that day. Next to the food and the beauty of the location everyone was amazed at how smoothly the whole day went. From the seating of the guests to the 'sparkler' send-off it was a fun, amazing, unforgettable experience. I would recommend Burge and it's caring, top-notch staff to everyone! I know that as I celebrate each and every anniversary I will remember this day that far exceeded my dreams of a perfect start to my married life.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Mary Catherine · Married on 08/01/2015

Burge plantation was phenomenal! We loved every moment of our special day because we were in such a beautiful setting. Dawn is the wedding coordinator and she took care of so many of the small and big details which made it much easier on me! We enjoyed everything about BURGE. We decided to have the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception all on the property. In different areas but all at the same 1,000 acre location. Dawn took care of each event and took the lead! I would suggest a wedding planner and she is the one you want!! The setting is superb, the food is to die for and there are many areas and options on the property that you can choose to get married on. It is truly a day we will never forget!!! Thank you Dawn and Burge!!

Mary Catherine Lewis

Sent on 08/19/2015

Deborah · Married on 07/11/2015

My daughter's wedding was magical, majestic, and more than the wedding of her dreams. Dawn Leonetti, our coordinator went above and beyond what was expected of a wedding coordinator. The staff was professional and amazing. The wedding was perfect from the outdoor ceremony to the reception and can I mention the amazing food. Our families continue to talk about our event of the year for our families. The wonderful food was a topic of conversation starting with the shrimp & grits and the amazing meatloaf sliders. The setting for our wedding pictures were breathtaking and sealed the perfect day that we always dreamed and hope for in our daughters special wedding day. All I can say is Way Over Wonderful!!! WOW!!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2015

Staff is extremely flexible and will do everything they can to make your wedding day everything you ever dreamed. Dawn is a tremendous wedding planner, whose services are included in the price of the venue. Many of our guests commented on the food being the best they've ever had at a wedding. The menu is diverse and offers everybody a taste of just what they want. The grounds produced unbelievable pictures and offers several different spots for a ceremony/reception. We highly recommend The Burge for anybody. A true hidden gem when looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Penny · Married on 06/14/2015

My wedding at Burge Plantation could not have been anymore perfect! Dawn and everyone at Burge went above any beyond to make our day memorable. We told Dawn what we wanted and she made it happen. We had our ceremony under a gorgeous oak tree and our reception at the Oak Hill Wedding Barn. The whole property is beautiful. We can not thank everyone at Burge enough for making our special day so special! We highly recommend Burge Plantation to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Inside, outside, garden, barn...Burge has it all!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jane · Married on 06/06/2015

My son and new daughter-in-law had their wedding at the beautiful Burge Plantation 2 weeks ago. It was a wonderful venue and all had a fantastic time at this wedding! I would recommend it to all. The food was excellent and Dawn Leonetti was the perfect wedding coordinator. She is so easy to work with; accessible and a most organized and thoughtful planner. She takes care of any issue without fanfare--just fixes it. She is unflappable no matter what happens--just the type of person the families need. Everything was well thought out and looked elegant. As parents of the groom, we did not have too many responsibilities. We hosted the rehearsal dinner at Burge Plantation--Farmhouse at Oakhill (also part of the property). It was absolutely perfect as well. Excellent food, wonderful servers, and reasonable prices and all was arranged for us. We just arrived and hosted the party. What a delight.
    Jane Brannan