Bula Akamu Reviews

Bula Akamu 7
  • Sandy

Sandy · Married on 09/30/2019

Amazing musician

My husband hired Bula through our resort for our wedding. He was an amazing artist with a wonderful voice. We are so glad we went with him!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Michael Sloyer · Married on 09/26/2019

A dream come true

Bula's music was incredibly soulful and a dream come true for our Big Island Hawaiian wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Samuel

Samuel Duimovich · Married on 09/07/2019

Bula is the real deal

Bula added the little extra that our wedding needed -- live, local music that engaged our guests and made our day extra special. Not only did he play before and after our ceremony, but Bula was able to provide amplification for our ceremony, saving us money and allowing all guests to hear our vow. On top of that, Bula was on time, played without needing direction, and did not take any administration to perform. I couldn't recommend Bula enough for any gathering.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Nick

Nick Scholten · Married on 08/10/2019

Fantastic Music for our Ceremony and Reception

We kept Bula plenty busy at our wedding - playing solo at our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as with his band for our reception - and we couldn't be happier! His solo ukulele and guitar playing was perfect for making our ceremony really feel like a Hawaiian wedding, and his band was so much fun keeping everybody dancing all night. The hotel had a power outage during a part of our reception, and the band didn't miss a beat making sure everybody still had a great time in a blackout dance party (major shout out to the saxophone player and drummer who killed it while the keyboard was out and Bula was switching over to his acoustic guitar!). We got so many compliments from our guests about how great Bula and his band were. Bula even went out of his way to record our first dance song a few weeks prior to the wedding, so that we could practice dancing to the actual version that he would play. We definitely recommend Bula to anybody getting married in Hawaii!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Bula Akamu 8

Bridget Sagun · Married on 08/08/2019

His voice is so beautiful!!!

My then fiancé found Bula Akamu while searching on YouTube for local artists that played for weddings on the Hawaiian Islands. And low and behold he just happened to sing our TWO favorite songs we chose to walk down the aisle to. His voice just gave us chills, goosebumps and made me cry. Every time I listened to his version of Elvis Presley’s, “Cant help falling in love” and “Marry Me” by Train, i cried a lot!! That’s when we knew, he would be the one to grace our friends and family during our wedding ceremony as we walked down the aisle. His voice and stage presence was everything and more. Our guests couldn’t stop praising and complimenting his performance. “Who was that?!” Everyone just loved him!! As I presented myself at the tops of the stairs at the Royal Hawaiian Coconut Grove, his voice just echoed. I stopped, looked up to thank GOD for that very moment, and I proceeded to walk down. All eyes on me, but my eyes on my husband. I listened to the words carefully, and I knew that the walk down the aisle was longer than any normal walk down the aisle, but Bula made sure it flowed. And it flowed perfectly. It was also a pleasure communicating with his wife as well as meeting her. She came by to say hello to me and my girls as we gathered behind the scenes right before the big moment. So sweet and beautiful. We cannot thank Bula Akamu enough for his beautiful performance. Wished we could have spent more time with them. Mahalo with all my heart!!

Sent on 11/06/2019
    Bula Akamu 16
    Bula Akamu 17
  • Atoosa

Atoosa · Married on 05/27/2019

Bula won’t disappoint you! He is the most amazing life musician that I had in my wedding! We couldn’t be happier!

Bula Akamu and his wife Ash Lee gave my wife and me the best wedding gift we could have asked for: true Hawaiian aloha. From our first contact with Bula and Ash Lee, we felt that they treated us like family. Every time we communicated with them pre-wedding, we became more excited to meet them and to listen to Bula’s amazing voice at our wedding. They were professional, organized, incredibly kind, and calming to speak to during the pre-wedding craziness. We never did meet Ash Lee in person, but we hope to some day. On our actual wedding day at the Fairmont Orchid, Bula showed up early and already knew everybody at the Fairmont and our other vendors. He helped us with some microphones needs for our vendors, came up and introduced himself to me before the ceremony started, and gave me a quick almost older-brotherly pep talk, which I really appreciated. It felt like I had known him for years. when Bula finally started to play the guitar and sing for us on the beach, you could see every guest turn to see where this beautiful music was coming from. Bula’s stage presence is playful but also extremely cool and professional. He is equally skilled on the ukulele and guitar, and you will want him to keep playing forever. He emcee’d our entire day from the ceremony to cocktail hour and dinner and sang everything from Bob Marley to Brudda Iz to Elvis Presley to the Beatles. He even sang a gorgeous impromptu duet with my younger sister, which really meant a lot to our family. I have no doubt we will see Bula again, and wish him and his wife and son nothing but success and happiness. What a wonderful family, and we feel very blessed to have had them play such a special role in our wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Bula Akamu 18
    Bula Akamu 19

Adan Valdez · Married on 05/06/2019

Sounds of Everlasting Memories

Bula was amazing at our wedding this past week! Added a piece of smooth and soulful sound to our waterfront wedding that everyone enjoyed! He even learned a song from scratch that we requested and absolutely nailed it! Just seeing my wife walk down the aisle as our favorite song came on made it a moment I will never forget!

Thank You Bula!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Ivonne

Ivonne Valdez · Married on 05/06/2019

Bula is the best!

Bula is an amazing musician!
    He learned our processional song "Not so bad at all" by Wax, and killed it!🔥🔥🔥
    I requested too many songs and asked him to just go with the flow. When I looked around people were singing along, swaying side to side, and most importantly having a good time! If you want to have great music on your perfect day, choose Bula!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Ashley · Married on 03/07/2019

He is amazing!

Bula did an amazing job and all my guests raved about him! We used him for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. While it seemed expensive beforehand and I wasn't sure if I really needed it, I’m really glad we went with him. It was money well spent. If you’re considering him, go for it! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • analisa

analisa · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing...and truly talented

Bula is so incredibly talented and added such a special touch to our wedding. He performed during our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner and everyone could not stop talking about the “amazing” music!
    When my husband and I first met Bula, we knew right away his “aloha spirit” was just what we were looking for to help create the vision we had for our wedding. Bula is very personable and had some great words of wisdom, that we carried with us on our wedding day. His passion and enthusiasm for music comes through with each song that he sings. It was such a pleasure to work with him and Ash Lee as we planned our songs and our vision for our wedding. We cannot thank you enough for being part of our wedding day and making it so extra special and memorable.
    Mahalo,
    XOXO – Analisa and Jason Olson

Sent on 03/31/2019

Kelsey Smith · Married on 01/22/2019

Wish we could have had him play all night!

Bula played ukulele at our wedding at the Royal Kona Resort and we feel very honored to have had him there! Our guests absolutely loved his music and I loved his ability to improvise when things ran shorter or longer than planned. Thank you, Bula, your music made our day extra special.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Norton · Married on 01/19/2019

This guy is simply incredible!

We absolutely loved having Bula as our ceremony and cocktail hour musician for our Hawaii destination wedding. He played beautifully, was very entertaining, and had an incredible voice. He helped us bring a real Hawaiian feeling to our wedding and I could not have imagined having a better musician be apart of our special day!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Anna Mcauliffe · Married on 01/14/2019

Excellent!

Bula Akamu is a talented singer and songwriter. He recently played at a 60th birthday luau and was loved by our youngest and oldest ohana and everyone in between. He had such a kind and humble presence and an incredible voice. He made the luau complete! We feel blessed to have met him and would have him again and again! Mahalo Bula!!

-Anna McAuliffe
    Kailua-Kona

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Bula Akamu 20
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing Musician, Wonderful person

We brought Bula to our Maui venue wedding. He was the first person I saw at the venue on wedding day and greeted me like an old friend. He learned a song for the processional and played it to perfection, seamlessly transition to canon in D as the bride walked down the aisle. The wedding and reception was perfect, with traditional Hawaiian music during the dinner as background. Bula sent us a version of our first dance song so we could practice our first dance the recreated it live, perfectly. He livened up the reception and the created one of the most memorable moments on the dance floor with our friends and family circling us. We'll never forget it. Bula even got out there, at the end of the evening and did the Wobble with everybody. He's like family now. We could not have had a more talented musician or a better person.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Katrina

Katrina Powell · Married on 11/09/2018

The BEST musician for our Hawaiian wedding

Bula was incredibly friendly from start to finish. His voice was soothing and beautiful which created an ambiance of tranquilty and peace. He arrived on time, with a bright smile, and worked with our wedding planner directly, which allowed us to enjoy our day stress free. Bula is so talented and played everything with ease, making our visitors (and us!) feel welcomed to the ceremony.

Bula is professional and was able to help us with music choices when we needed it, but also was chill and sat back once we had everything decided.

Bula Music was an honor to work with, and we strongly recommend him and his company should you want live entertainment. Bula helped create the lasting memory of our wedding that we will hold in our hearts for the rest of our lives. For this, we are forever grateful for Bula Music and the services he offers.

Mahalo,

Bula Akamu 22
    Bula Akamu 23

Rama Myers · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly recommend

Bula was great on our special day. He performed our requested songs very well, and was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2018

Bula is amazing!

Bula was the hit of our daughters wedding! He is amazing and talented musician, our guests raved about him, said he was magical. It was important that we had live music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We listened to his You tube videos and knew he would be perfect and exactly what we wanted and he delivered! We still talk about how much our guests enjoyed listening to his beautiful voice and when it came to dancing, he continued to deliver. Our guests were definitely dancers and he kicked up the pace to accommodate our guests. We had the best time and we owe it to Bula. We wanted to give our guests a memorable experience and having Bula made the night so personable. We also hired through Bula a hula dancer for the cocktail hour and fire knife dancers for the reception. They were all the best entertainers!

We highly recommend Bula! He is so friendly, professional, and most of all the best musician. We can’t thank him enough for making our daughters wedding more than we could have ever imagined. Thank you Bula for giving us the most memorable evening that we will always cherish!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Brittany Bader · Married on 06/13/2018

Amazing - Couldn't have asked for better!

Bula is so incredibly talented. We are so fortunate that we were able to have him as a musician at our wedding in June 2018. We couldn't have asked for a better musician. He not only is a talented musician (great voice and ability on multiple instruments), but my husband and I really appreciated his stage presence and how he addressed our wedding guests while he was on stage. We appreciated how he helped to "lead" the evening through his music and introductions. He helped us transition from music into speeches, speeches into games, and also led a really thoughtful rendition of "What a Wonderful World" at the very end of the night (his idea), where our whole family danced and sang around my husband and I. It was a a very special moment that I will never forget. His music was amazing from start to finish and we cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 03/09/2019
  • Cheryl

C · Married on 05/17/2018

Bula's music is breathtaking ~ Best decision we made for our wedding!

I hired Bula for our wedding on the Big Island in May 2018, after my husband and I stumbled upon one of his shows at Huggo's in Kona in 2014. His voice is just incredible and he always puts his own style into the songs that he covers...I think I might even prefer his version to the originals! As soon as I started walking down the aisle and heard him sing, it brought tears to my eyes!!

Aside from his voice, Bula is incredibly responsive over email, so warm and friendly, and was super helpful when I needed a recommendation for an officiant (who we also ended up hiring). On the day of, things went so smoothly - I didn't have a wedding planner or day-of coordinator, but he worked so well with the officiant and timed the music perfectly. We also had him play during the first hour of our wedding reception and he was the perfect entertainer.

We also rented his sound equipment and microphone from him so that we could use it for the remainder of the reception for speeches. It was easy to use and drop-off to him the next morning was smooth.

I can't say enough about Bula - best decision you can ever make to hire him for your wedding!! Don't question it - just book the best!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Bula Akamu 24
    Bula Akamu 25
    Bula Akamu 26
    Bula Akamu 27
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 04/16/2018

We were super happy that we hired Bula to play ukulele during our wedding ceremony. He was the perfect musician and person! He had a large selection of songs from which to choose. Time flew by for us during the ceremony but his timing was impeccable. Listen to him play Somewhere Over The Rainbow along with his originals on utube and you too will be sold!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/31/2018

We can't talk enough about how much we loved this guy! So friendly and accommodating! We had him for an hour, but wished we could have had him here all night serenading us!!! Our wedding music was perfect, Over the Rainbow for a processional and Ho Hey for a recessional, along with a first dance of Thinking Out Loud. He was super professional and very helpful with our event in general, I couldn't recommend him more!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Jimmy · Married on 03/17/2018

Highly recommended. Everyone at our wedding really enjoyed the entertainment and experience. It all went as planned, Perfect!!! Bula is brilliant.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 02/21/2018

Bula was super helpful in working with us to refine our music selections. We really wanted traditional Hawaiian and island type vibe for the ceremony and it was exactly what we had envisioned. We received so many compliments from our guests on his amazing performance. He has a wonderful talent and helped set the perfect tone for our ceremony. He also worked with us to purchase cd's that we could provide to family as a memento of our wedding day. We highly recommend if you are looking for a musician!

Sent on 03/24/2018

Dawn · Married on 01/27/2018

My husband and I couldn't have been happier to have Bula serenade our wedding guests. He really has unbelievable talent and gives an absolutely phenomenal performance! I would highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Lazia · Married on 01/20/2018

Bula is an amazing & talented musician! My husband and I definitely wanted live music for our wedding. Since we were planning a destination wedding it was important for us to do our research. We listened to him on YouTube and immediately knew we had to have him! Fast forward to our wedding day – right before walking down the aisle, I heard him start singing our chosen song “Can’t help falling in love” by Elvis Presley, and I immediately felt a flurry of emotions. His voice and instrumental playing perfected the ambiance, and made my walk down the aisle forever a beautiful moment. All the songs we chose for him to perform were amazing, and we could not have hoped for a better musician that met all our expectations. He continued to play during our cocktail hour, our guests enjoyed him greatly, and even after our big day he is still talked about. Without a doubt we recommend Bula – thank you so much for adding your talent to our special day!

Sent on 02/02/2018