Bukhara Grill Reviews

53 | New York, NY

53 Reviews for Bukhara Grill

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Priyanka · Married on 07/14/2018

Choose Bukhara – you will not go wrong!!

Right off the bat we can say choosing Bukhara to cater our wedding was the BEST (and easiest!) decision we made! To this day, our guests are still RAVING about the food! Vicky Vij was exceptional to work with from start to finish (by far one of our favorite vendors!!) and catered our every need (literally!) – he did an amazing job in helping us create a menu (for our Gujarati/Guyanese wedding) that pleased all (550+) of our guests! Not only did Vicky and his team go above and beyond on our wedding day, but he came in person and stayed the entire day to ensure everything went as we had discussed. He treated us like family and delivered on everything he promised and more! You WILL certainly get the BEST bang for your buck, service, and food (especially when compared to other top-tired caterers in the area) with Bukhara! To all future brides, grooms, and parents – choose Bukhara (and Vicky Vij!) to cater your wedding; you will not go wrong!!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Deepa · Married on 03/10/2018

Best. Food. Ever.

Hands down, the BEST caterer I have ever worked with. I got married in Philadelphia, PA in October 2018 and Bukhara Grill catered food for my Sangeet and Reception (~320 people at each event). Guests are still reaching out to us to say how INCREDIBLY delicious the food was. We had an all vegetarian menu which is sometimes a challenge for caterers to really WOW people with, but Bukhara did exactly that. We had unique dishes (fried dosa balls!) that kept everyone excited and the staff and management team were a joy to work with. Vicky in particular was so helpful throughout the process. He made several trips to Philadelphia to really understand the layout of the venues, and he even helped me negotiate with the venues on certain kitchen items that needed to be purchased or rented to accommodate an event of this size. All in all, I highly recommend Bukhara Grill weddings and large events. Your guests will love the food and you will love the ease of the experience!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Arjun · Married on 02/10/2018

We were very happy with Bukhara’s food at our wedding and so were our guests. Bukhara provided a fine fusion mix of Indian, American/Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner. Very flexible with the menu and fantastic service. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Neetu · Married on 10/01/2017

I had a mixed wedding. I was the Indian bride and my husband is Peruvian. Bukhara went above and beyond to provide an amazing selection of food for my reception. All my guests (most of which were not Indian) were raving about the food and saying it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. It really is a no brainer to go with Bukhara Grill for your catering. My suggestion is to book them early because they are considered the best in the tri-state area for good reason! You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 11/28/2017
  • Rupal

Rupal · Married on 09/01/2017

Bukhara catered our daughters wedding at the Venetian recently. We recieved RAVE reviews on the food such as ' Excellent; Never to be forgotten". when was the last time you went to a wedding where people talked about how great the food was? Raja - Bukhara partner EXCELLED in customer service, listened with patience and treated our wedding as his very own daughters wedding. If you are in for excellence in food quality, service & price they truly are the ONLY game in town. They made my daughters wedding. We are indebted to them.

Sent on 09/26/2017

S.P. · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a wedding reception of 300 and this team delivered big time. We had bits and pieces of different styles of food from noodles to pasta as well as a full range of Indian items; each one was perfect . This team is thoughtful, their quality of food and service are unparalleled. There were some surprises for our guests like multiple live stations throughout the night and it was a huge hit. I even requested a special drink for each guest; they accommodated beautifully. Each guest was raving about the food. Look no further.

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Amrita

Amrita · Married on 05/27/2017

When I ask our guests what stood out the most for them during our wedding - the answer has been unanimously the food. As one friend put it "the entire wedding was lovely, but I just can't get over how AMAZING the food was!". Bukhara catered all three days of our fusion Indian/Egyptian wedding, creating dishes that appeased to everyone's taste and spice tolerance. They changed the menu each day to feature a different region of India so that there were no overlaps in what was served. During the reception, they included some Middle eastern and Italian options as well. Their staff was incredibly professional and timely. The only regret my husband and I have from our wedding is that we didn't spend more time enjoying the food - which is only amplified by how our guests are still talking about how amazing it tasted 2 months later.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Rupali · Married on 09/04/2016

All our guests couldn't stop raving about the food and let's face it, food and music are the two most important things guests care about. They catered both Indian and Peruvian food and they nailed it! Lots of our guests asked for their contact info to have them cater their future parties. They are the best in town - highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Neha · Married on 08/27/2016

Bukhara grill is very well-known for their amazing Indian food. Everyone was wowed by the delicious (and plentiful) food, gorgeous presentation, and top-notch catering services. My husband and I received our very own platter in our bridal suite during cocktail hour, however, the guests could not stop raving about the cocktail hour, the food and the special desserts! Tiramisu in edible chocolate cups! Incredible. Vicky is such a pleasure to work with, as was his entire team.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Shaweta · Married on 08/20/2016

Bukhara was the caterer for my wedding and reception. Overall we had a very positive experienece and we recieved many compliments from our guests saying how delicious the food was. I would highly recommend this caterer to anyone looking for quality indian food catering.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Tanvi · Married on 06/18/2016

Amazing food! Excellent set up and display

Sent on 12/31/2016

Natasha · Married on 11/29/2015

Absolutely amazing. All our guests loved the food at both of our events. They were extremely flexible with us in building a menu as well. Before you cater, check out their restaurant to try their food. Guarantee the food catered at your event will be better than that. Very professional, high-quality catering. Highly recommend to anyone looking to serve the best Indian food, South or North cuisine at your event.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Purnimaa · Married on 11/28/2015

Bukhara grill was the caterer for 5 of my wedding events and I could NOT be happier. The food was on point for every single event and all of our guests were very happy! I didn't hear a single complaint from anyone. Both my husband and I were able to eat at our reception and we loved everything that we had. The entire Bukhara team is incredible to work with and they truly know how to appease to so many different palates.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Gauri · Married on 09/12/2015

For the team of Bukhara Grill!
    Thank you so much for the delicious food, beautiful presentation and the wonderful service for our reception dinner. You and your team surpassed all of our expectations and our guests still rave about the food. Our only disappointment was not getting to eat more of the delicious food. Since we started planning our wedding, we knew we didn’t even want to look for other caterers. Bukhara has been our favorite since our first visit to your restaurant. The servers were very attentive to the needs of the guests, friendly, and very professional. The food was delicious and we got numerous compliments from all our guests. Thank you so much for working hard to make our wedding a success. We would recommend Bukhara Grill to everyone looking for a delicious and elegant meal for their wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2015

We had excellent and professional customer service, and the food was absolutely amazing. All of our guests loved it and went back for seconds and thirds. We had personal service from the owner, Vicky, and he was very attentive to all our needs.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Deven · Married on 05/30/2015

Our guests enjoyed the food so much!!! For ever meal!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Best in NY or NJ. Vicki is professional, and attentive to detail. The food is hands down the best in the northeast, no exception.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Bansi · Married on 08/30/2014

Vicky and Bukhara did an excellent job catering our Sangeet and Wedding Reception. Vicky was an integral part of planning the menu for both events. The food turned out perfectly and the presentation was on point. We would highly recommend Vicky to anyone and we will definitely be using Bukhara in the future!

Everyone is still talking about the fresh Jalebi! :)

Sent on 09/08/2014

Ami · Married on 05/03/2014

Raja and Vicky made sure that they worked with my budget and really went above and beyond for the food to be perfect. Raja also came to my venue to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. All of my guests still talk about how good the food was at my wedding and how they would only use Bukhara Grill for their future events.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Hemali · Married on 08/02/2013

We were so fortunate for all our amazing vendors that night, but my guests could not stop raving about the catering. First off, Raja from Bukhara Grill is very professional and knowledgeable. The first time we met with him, we could tell we would be in very good hands. He is very responsive, patient and will answer any questions we had. He also makes great suggestions for any work arounds, if needed. At the tasting, we were blown away by the quality and variety of the food! Right when we left the tasting, we knew immediately that we wanted to book, not only would they provide great service, but they were all great people. Throughout the process, Raja was very easy to work with and responded very quickly through email/phone. At the wedding, the food was a hit amongst all. The best part was that even our parents and elder relatives were raving about the food.

Thank you again Bukhara Grill for all your services.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Sajani · Married on 06/29/2013

The word AMAZING is quite the understatement. Your wedding is only as good as the food that's served and Bukhara Grill is hands down, the best Indian restaurant and catering company out there. If you live in the tri-state area, you're even more lucky as you can even frequent their restaurant which is conveniently tucked away on 49th Street.

My main contact was Raja Jhanjee and from the instant we met, till present day, we had/have an amazing relationship. Like most brides & grooms, my fiancé (at the time) and I questioned everything - and trust was a big issue. Raja calmed our nerves, was super helpful with all of his suggestions and promised me that he himself would attend our event to ensure everything ran smoothly. We met a couple of times at his restaurant in NY and he even accommodated another tasting with our big family, which was a plus for us as it helped everyone on both sides feel involved. He was patient and kind and did I mention patient? We're so lucky to have had Bukhara Grill cater as the food, till this day, is the main thing people rant and rave about regarding our wedding. He made our wedding event extraordinary with delightful offerings from apps to dessert - everyone left full and satisfied - not to mention, happy.

If I could rewind the hands in time and I'd go back to our wedding day so I could work with the most pleasant vendor. But with his new endeavor minutes away from my parents house in NJ, I’m sure I will be experiencing Bukhara Grill delights time and time again in the near future.

If you're looking for the best of the best indian caterer, look no further.

Raja and Bukhara - I simply cannot thank you enough.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Sangeeta · Married on 06/29/2013

Once again, Bukhara Grill did the catering for us and it was superb! This time it was the most important event for us so far...our son's engagement party in CT.
    Raja and Vicky were reliable, cheerful and available to make it a truly memorable experience. The staff that was there for catering was polite, professional and made our guests very comfortable. So many of our guests remarked how much they enjoyed the presentation and the caring services provided by you that day. Many of them had Indian food for the first time and fell in love with the cuisine! I know it takes a whole lot of team play and hard work to make it "Just Perfect" and you did it again. Please extend our thanks to the whole team and THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Beena · Married on 09/23/2012

Bukhara Grill was the BEST! We worked with Raja Jhanjee and he accommodated all of our needs. Our original caterer tried to dissuade us from a Family Style reception dinner which we were intent on. We decided to change our caterer 10 days prior to the wedding. When we spoke to Raja he was confident, professional and gave us a lot of options. On the day of the wedding he was present at the event and in total control. The ceremony ended a bit early and we asked him to start the cocktail hour early which he did immediately. He texted my husband during the cocktail hour with photos of the party to assure us that everyone was eating well and enjoying themselves. All of our guests loved the food especially the cocktail hour. The presentation was classy and the staff looked sharp in their uniforms. The traditional Indian copper bowls for family style dinner added a nice touch. We received many compliments from our guests about the food and the family style arrangement. Execution was perfect.

Sent on 01/19/2013

Rakesh · Married on 08/04/2012

The BEST caterer of Indian food. We dealt with Raja who was professional and courteous. The food was delicious and the service was great. The country club staff was full of praise as this was the first Indian wedding they had hosted. The guests too were full of praise.

If you are looking for an Indian caterer, look no further.

Thank you.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Pooja · Married on 07/29/2012

A wedding is only as good as the food served and lucky for us that we had the best! Vicky helped us create a dinner menu that had the guests going through the buffet line more than once! Guests still are raving about the appetizers during the cocktail hour especially the tandoori pickled mushrooms and kati roll station. Vicky also created a specialty drink for us..lychee juice that was the perfect touch to a warm summer night wedding! We feel extremely fortunate to have met Vicky who was very easy to work with and whose food you can trust to be of the highest quality and freshest ingredients. We would highly recommend Bukhara Grill for weddings and special events!

Sent on 09/13/2012