Buffalo Trace Distillery Reviews

Buffalo Trace Distillery 2
  • Btbride

Samya · Married on 08/04/2019

8.4.19 Wedding

Buffalo Trace was such a perfect venue! We had an incredible wedding there and the staff were so responsive during the planning process and so accommodating on the day. Our guests loved the distillery tour and the grounds are SO beautiful. We were lucky with great weather so we got to enjoy both a lawn ceremony and the beautiful indoor clubhouse space for our reception. I would recommend them any day!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thanks Samya! Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting this special day for you and Chase! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Cheers! - The Buffalo Trace Distillery Events Team

Courtney · Married on 01/20/2019

Highly Recommend!

Buffalo Trace was FANTASTIC for our big day! The staff was so, so nice and easy to work with (we worked mostly with Sarah and Rebecca). The venue was absolutely beautiful. We had both the ceremony and reception in the top floor of the clubhouse. The guests were able to sit at the round tables to watch the ceremony and before the reception they had the option to go on the tour of the distillery (with a free tasting at the end), making it very easy to transition from ceremony to reception in the same space. The fireplace was a beautiful backdrop for family photos and the ceremony and the stage made a perfect place for our sweetheart table. We got so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved the location (and the tasting!).

Sent on 02/03/2019

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thanks Courtney! We are so glad that your big day was exactly what you wanted and your guests enjoyed their time here at BTD. We wish you and Ben a lifetime of love and happiness. Cheers! - The Buffalo Trace Distillery Events Team
  • Melvin

Melvin Vinson · Married on 07/12/2018

The best time of my life

Went with some friends. Had the best time! Definitely will be going again and recommend to more friends and family. Also have a question if someone would be able to give me am answer. Does buffalo trace service gay weddings? If anyone knows please contact me at lamarvinson92@gmail.com. thank you.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Christie · Married on 10/21/2017

My girls wedding was at the Buffalo Trace Club House 21 Oct 17 and it was beautiful. Sarah and her staff brought the bridal couples vision to life. The staff’s coordination with all the other vendors made it possible for us to just walk in and enjoy it as if we were the invited guest. The photographer got some stunning pictures and everyone had such a good time.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Buffalo Trace Distillery 3
    Buffalo Trace Distillery 4

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2017

Buffalo Trace was an exceptional wedding venue! Sarah was so easy to work with with and when it got down to the last week, she was beyond helpful! We loved this rustic venue and it will always be special to us!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Veronica · Married on 06/22/2017

I cannot say enough great things about the experience I had here! I worked mostly with Emily, but also with Sarah too and they both were amazing!! The staff at Buffalo Trace went ABOVE (maintenance literally helping with a lighting issue they totally didn't have to even too) and BEYOND (Emily ensuring my fiance and I get to a nice photo location without being drenched by rain)! Sarah helped talk me off a ledge several times with a calm and friendly demeanor, she had an eye for the clubhouse that was nothing short of amazing. We'd ask her something and she'd point and plan, I'd look over and just see it all in my head. She calmed my nerves at least twenty times wedding week!
    We had to make the backup plan because of rain and everyone worked so hard and quick to make it absolutely beautiful!) Brides the rain was not the end of the world, I woke up that day and cried over the rain but it was still the #BestDayEver. They have a beautiful backup plan. Don't worry!!) I had totally forgotten that entire aspect of the pack up that evening with everything else going on. DO NOT forget that you aren't allowed to leave anything at the venue overnight and PLAN for this or it will be pure chaos at the end of the evening! There was amazing support that came along with booking with you Buffalo Trace. I'd do it a million times again! I could cry with happiness over how supportive and friendly everyone was at Buffalo Trace.
    My friends really enjoyed the tour between the reception and ceremony and everything was so affordable! The timing of the tour got a little thrown off because of all the rain and changing of location for ceremony, so they were still tasting when we made our grand entrance, but they could run out of the little side room if they wanted to check out the action. MAKE SURE to plan and pay attention to this aspect. I regret that a few friendse missed this but it was my schedule of events that got out of wack. Tell the tour guide when you want them back!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Veronica- Thank you for such a sweet review- we are blushing! We are thrilled that you had a great experience. I'm sorry that you had a rainy wedding day, but you know that sends good luck your way! Congrats on your marriage! Lucy, Sarah, & Emily

Charity · Married on 05/27/2017

As a local wedding photographer, this place is near and dear to my heart. I absolutely love shooting here! The people are so nice and accommodating, it's an absolutely gorgeous place to get married! I highly recommend this place, spring, summer, fall, winter!
    -Charity Hedges Photography of Frankfort

Sent on 05/24/2017

Megan · Married on 05/21/2017

We had many personal reasons for booking Buffalo Trace, but the history and beauty of the grounds were definitely some of the most memorable for our guests. Sarah and her team were so accommodating and we are still hearing such wonderful feedback from our guests on how much they enjoyed themselves. The tours were a huge hit and everyone we crossed paths with was super friendly. We booked two wedding events at BT because we found them to be so easy to work with, especially for us planning a wedding from halfway across the country where we relied heavily on their recommendations. I know they have a ton of events every day of the week at BT but we were impressed with how well Sarah kept all of our details straight. She was very helpful to bounce logistical ideas off and help us think through the flow and how to use chair setup in a unique way. We loved every minute!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Megan- Thank you for the aweseome feedback. We really appreciate you having both of your events here and we hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Best Wishes, Lucy, Sarah, and Emily

Mariah · Married on 01/14/2017

Amazing! All my guests were blown away by how gorgeous it was!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thanks, Mariah! We do our best to keep the property looking good- I'll be sure to share this with the Homeplace Team who keeps our grounds and Clubhouse in top shape!
    Best, Lucy

Hillary · Married on 11/12/2016

We could not have picked a better venue for our November wedding. We were an out of town couple looking for a unique wedding venue. We were sold as soon as we saw the distillery and met with Sarah. We had looked at other venues near our hometown but nothing compared to Buffalo Trace. Sarah was great to work with and helped us by giving recommendations on local wedding vendors. We had 120 guests and everyone loved the venue and historical charm of the distillery. They provided a tour for the guests which gave them the opportunity to see the distillery while we took pictures. There are so many cool aspects and areas at the distillery which makes for great pictures. All of the staff was extremely nice and helpful! I would highly recommend Buffalo Trace for your wedding

Sent on 02/26/2017

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Hi Hillary- Thank you for writing. We are so glad you had a great experience here at the Distillery for your wedding and we hope you come back to see us again soon.
    Lucy, Sarah, and Emily

Mindy · Married on 10/09/2016

The entire facility was beautiful! The staff was incredible to work with. The tours gave our guests something to do while we had our photo session between the ceremony and the reception. My only tip would be for all interested parties to bear in mind that the facility is still fully open for all business during normal business hours, including weekends.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Hi Mindy!
    Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to pass this along to Emily and Sarah. I'm glad you had a good experience working with them on your wedding here at BT.
    Lucy
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 09/30/2016

AMAZING venue! All of our guests commented on how naturally beautiful the surrounding and reception area were. They also provided a distillery tour for our guests while we took pictures and everyone enjoyed it! Sarah was super helpful in making sure every detail was taken care of!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Hi Alicia- Thanks so much for your review! We are thrilled to have been a part of your wedding day. Please come back to see us again soon!

Coleen · Married on 09/23/2016

This wedding backdrop was perfect. We didn't want a stuffy, traditional wedding and this perfectly suited us. Sarah and Emily were amazing to work with. 80 of us traveled from all over the country and everyone can't stop talking about what a wonderful time they had. Can't wait to visit again!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Hi Coleen-
    Thanks for your review. We are so happy that you had a great experience here at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Come back and see us sometime soon!
    Lucy, Sarah, and Emily

KATIE · Married on 09/12/2016

Buffalo Trace is gorgeous! We live in Chicago and work in the bar/spirit/cocktail industry, and on a tour of BT we learned that they have an event space. A lightbulb went off for us and we booked them for our wedding, and we couldn't be happier! There is so much beautiful outdoor space, areas full of nature and areas that feel more industrial...and the reception space is cozy (not small: love infused!) and full of warmth and hardwood and stone, with all the necessary amenities like AC and nice restrooms! :) Sarah, their Events Associate, helped us every step of the way and was exceedingly lovely, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and helpful- she was truly a lifesaver for us. Buffalo Trace was such a unique and special venue for us, and it fit us to a tee. I definitely recommend going for a tour, tasting some bourbon, and seeing for yourself! Bonus: the entire place smells delicious. Mmm bourbon. :) Thank you Sarah and everyone at Buffalo Trace!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Katie- Thank you for your awesome review and for having your wedding at Buffalo Trace Distillery. I've made sure to share this with Sarah and the rest of our team. Please come back and visit us again soon!
    Lucy

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Beautiful vendor, fantastic experience! They provided tables, chairs, an on sight coordinator, and a tour for the guests. Accessible and easy to work with, I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thanks so much, Jessica! We appreciate your review.

Leeza · Married on 04/08/2016

We loved having our Wedding and Reception at Buffalo Trace! It was an absolutely beautiful venue! Sarah was so wonderful to work with! It was great that they provided all the tables and chairs in the price! We also were able to have our rehearsal there as well, and that was super helpful! We hosted our wedding outside in early April and had the reception inside, and it was really great! We had so many compliments on the venue! It was wonderful to be able to use the whole place all day, including the kitchen! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review!

Katy · Married on 03/26/2016

Buffalo Trace was the perfect venue for our wedding and our guests loved it! Sarah and the events staff are very responsive and accommodating of visits and planning. We were able to visit several months ahead of time to see the space. There is a ton of room with the upstairs, downstairs (where we put the buffet), and a separate (beautiful) bar area! And it is such an amazing value for the money, especially considering that they have an open catering policy, they provide you with tables and chairs, and they will take your guests on a tour of the distillery with a tasting for free after your ceremony! Which our guests absolutely loved. We had our ceremony out front of the clubhouse under a beautiful flowering tree. There are so many great places to take pictures around the property, from beautiful green lawns and flower beds to awesome industrial area and brick buildings. The reception area also hardly needs decorating as it carries its own unique charm. We have no regrets about our venue choice and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/29/2016

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled that you had a great experience. Please come back and see us again soon!
  • User6205208 · 2+ years ago

Venue was perfect for the my son & daughter-in-law's wedding. Staff was very accommodating and the setting was just what the bridal couple wanted. It was magical!!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Thank you! Please come back and see us again soon. -Lucy & Sarah

Nancy · Married on 08/15/2015

My daughter and her fiance visited Buffalo Trace about a year before their wedding and knew right away it was the place for their big event. I did not see the site until the day before the wedding, because I live in a different state. The venue exceeded my expectations in terms of charm and beauty. Sarah Webb guided us throughout the planning process via email and phone, and everything went smoothly with no surprises. The grounds throughout the site are spectacular, between beautiful grassy and garden areas and charming buildings related to the functioning distillery. The Elmer T Lee Clubhouse was much more beautiful than the photos I'd seen - they don't quite do it justice. It was roomy, rustic yet elegant, and the perfect size for our event. The wedding ceremony was on the lawn outside, very picturesque. The entry points for the groomsmen and the bridesmaids were on stone walkways that included little stone bridges. It was a charming way to have the parties enter the area. Everyone at Buffalo Trace provided us with great service and attention, and I only wish I lived closer so that I could visit again.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Thank you, Nancy!

This venue was perfect for our special day. Sarah Webb was great to work with and always available for questions and visits. The guests enjoyed getting to tour the distillery and sample bourbons while they were there.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Thank you for leaving your great review! Please come back to visit soon. Congratulations! Lucy

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2015

We had been searching for almost a year for a venue that we both loved. We went to Buffalo Trace on a tour and were so happy to hear that they did weddings! Not only are they incredibly affordable, but people can not compliment us enough on how beautiful our venue was. It is so simple and beautiful and really just has something for everyone. You can keep your decorating to a minimum because the distillery is gorgeous. They keep the grounds in great shape and there was not a single place that I didn't want people to see. The staff was wonderful all the way through the planning process. Sarah Webb dealt well with our changing dates, the security guards always let us back to see the reception hall for planning, and the staff the day of was so nice! We would highly recommend Buffalo Trace for any wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Ashley- Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you had a great experience. Come back and visit any time!
    Lucy Gardner

Stephanie · Married on 04/04/2015

We, as well as our guests, loved Buffalo Trace Distillery as our venue! Sarah was great to work with! For the price it cannot be beat! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and there are many different ways to arrange your ceremony - outside and inside options. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Thanks, Stephanie!

Monica · Married on 10/11/2014

WE LOVED OUR VENUE - so beautiful, the grounds are meticulously kept so our day turned out beautiful. The lodge is spacious and was plenty of room for our 140 guests. We had the buffet set up downstairs but all the tables, bar and dancing was upstairs. The rustic feel of the place was perfect for our wedding style and we loved that they allowed us to bring our own food and alcohol in. Sarah Webb with the events staff is also a wonderful person to work with, she answered all the crazy bride questions I had throughout my year of planning and was always prompt, friendly and helpful. Will definitely use it again for future events - great deal!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

We can't wait to see you back here- let us know when you want to have another event- we will be ready! Best, Lucy

I cannot express enough how absolutely incredible this venue was. It was by far the best decision we made with regard to our wedding. Sarah Webb (responsible for event coordinating at buffalo trace) was the most helpful, sincere, amazing, and wonderful person we have ever come across. From the first day we checked out buffalo trace as a potential venue she went above and beyond to show us the best of buffalo trace. It was a no brainer to pick buffalo trace as a venue because it has so many stunning locations on its property, the value was beyond amazing (we had our wedding on a weekday), and the venue was perfect. Even after we picked this place as our venue Sarah was the most incredible and helpful person we have ever met. We wanted to take engagement pictures at buffalo trace and Sarah made this not only possible, but helped us out with anything we needed during this process! We even had to come back for a second time and again she was amazingly helpful!! Sarah always answered every email and every single question I had (which were a ton!!) promptly and thoroughly. If there was ever a question or problem she offered numerous suggestions and always gave advice on how to make our dreams come true. This venue was beyond amazing. Again, the price was an extreme value, the location has gobs of beautiful sites to choose from for a ceremony and/or reception. Additionally if you choose to have the reception at buffalo trace along with the ceremony (it's included in the rental!) you will not be disappointed because it is huge, air conditioned, there is a fireplace, beautiful bar area, huge bathrooms and the possibilities for decorating are endless. Even though this venue was everything we wanted and more it was made a thousand times better because of Sarah Webb. I cannot stress enough how AMAZING this girl is. She not only made me 120% certain that choosing buffalo trace for my wedding was the perfect choice but she also made my husband and I buffalo trace fans forever!!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Buffalo Trace Distillery's reply:

Hello- Thank you for the great review- and yes, Sarah is pretty amazing! Please come back and visit us again, soon!

Sara · Married on 06/07/2014

Buffalo Trace is a beautiful wedding venue. Grounds are immaculate and staff is amazing.

Sent on 06/30/2014