Buffalo Launch Club Reviews

50 | Grand Island, NY

50 Reviews for Buffalo Launch Club

• User4089490 · event on: 05/03/2014

What a great place to have a party! Facility is beautiful, service was impeccable and food was fantastic! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Robert · event on: 12/05/2013

Everything was excellent! Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs.

• User4089527 · event on: 10/27/2013

I had thrown a baby shower for my sister there and they could not have been more accommodating. I was extremely pleased with how everything went, how it was set up and how helpful everyone was.

Marta · event on: 10/26/2013

I use this venue every year for a private halloween party and they go above and beyond my expectations every time. Starting with the beautiful setting to the great food and wonderful staff.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Christina · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything about this venue was perfect! The room looked stunning, the food was fabulous, and the service was unbelievable!! I can't thank the Buffalo Launch Club, and Sigmund (event manager) enough for making my wedding such an amazing day! Everyone had a great time! I highly recommend this venue for any wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, or other event!

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 10/27/2012

The Launch club was absolutely amazing! During the time that we booked our reception the head manager left the company. The prices that we were promised were kept, and all the extras the previous manager gave us were kept as well.. even though the launch club had set their prices higher. Sigmond head of banquets was absolutely wonderful. He was very professional, organized and really crafted our vision of a beautiful reception. Sigmond made a floor plan chart of a layout and timing schedule of our whole reception and followed it to a tee. At the reception, Sigmond even went to all of the tables to check on guests to see if everything was to their liking. Besides outstanding service, the food was absolutely scrumptious! I don't think i found one plate that had food left over when my husband and i were visiting with the guests. The staff did such a wonderful job decorating the place too. Beforehand, we were provided decor from the launch club that we could play with to make sure the decor was to our liking. When we were set on our table decor, we took a a picture and sent the photo to Sigmond to pass on to the staff. The launch club staff decorated the tables just beautifully, and followed our table design perfectly. The staff were also very helpful during clean up.

Our folks arranged for my husband and i to be presented with Kimchi prior to dinner. (we taught in Korea the year prior) Sigmond handed the kimchi to the chef and he cooked up an authentic Korean dish. It was a very special touch to our wedding that was presented beautifully.

We had the whole reception space to ourselves (minus the restaurant for launch club members) and were able to stay as late as we wanted. My husband and i left earlier of course, but the party went to 2am.

I can not recommend the Buffalo Launch Club enough! Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Sent on 11/23/2012

The whole night was perfect. The food was great, the staff was wonderful and helpful. We loved the atmosphere inside. I love the setup they have for the entrance, dance floor, bar, and seating area for dinner. Everything was well organized, couldn't have asked for a better location and service.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/09/2012

I am beyond thrilled that I was able to have my reception at this venue. When I walked in it was absolutely beautiful. The staff had gone above and beyond to make my dreams come true. I even asked for hanging lights and they did them for me! The view is BEYOND AMAZING. The boats at night on the water were breathtaking and there are windows all along the dining room. perfect. The staff served dinner timely and I didn't even notice them cleaning up until it was done! The bar staff were so nice and i was only drinking water because i was dancing so much and they had a glass of water waiting for me whenever i came over. great space!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Jackie · Married on 05/26/2017

The Buffalo Launch Club was a great place for our ceremony and reception. Catherine was great to work with, and very reasonable in terms of what they charged compared to what other places wanted to charge us. In terms of responsiveness, she would get back to us within 2 business days of any questions we had, and was willing to let us walk the grounds a couple of times in order to get a sense of what was needed. I would definitely recommend to any bride and groom!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Sharon · event on: 07/17/2014

The Buffalo Launch Club was fantastic! This was the rehearsal dinner for my sons wedding. The food was delicious, the service wad great and the cost was better than expected! Plus you can't beat the view!!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • hillibean

Hilary · Married on 08/29/2008

The Buffalo Launch Club was the greatest choice of all. They were soo accomedating and anything I needed they were right there to help. It was beautiful outside and the grounds are great for pictures! They had one rate to have the ceremony and reception on grounds and it was very reasonable!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Cassie · Married on 08/28/2016

Catherine and the Buffalo Launch Club staff were extremely accommodating. She was willing to customize our package to best fit the need of our guests and made sure to catch all the details/ take care of set up for our entire day. All of the food provided was delicious, warm and served at a timely manner. The ceremony by the lighthouse was beautiful and the reception ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this Venue and Catherine!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Kate · Married on 10/04/2014

We worked with Timothy and Katie for our wedding reception. Katie was by far the best person to handle our wedding and she kept everything running smoothly during the night. Tim was also there and kept a watchful eye on all events. We were very happy with BLC service and would absolutely recommend this location to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2014
  • User4338064 · event on: 08/08/2014

The Buffalo Launch Club is a beautiful facility. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I've held two events at this venue and both have been very nice. The food is very good.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Maureen · event on: 06/15/2014

The Launch Club was very easy to work with and provided excellent service,food and beverages. I would highly recommend them to my friend and associates

Sent on 06/18/2014

Kurt · event on: 05/31/2014

The service was excellent and elegant. My food could have been warmer but the quality was great.

Sent on 06/15/2014

After a few turnovers and a little worry, I began to work with Sig! He was great, made sure the wedding was awesome and made sure our guests were enjoying themselves. The venue was so beautiful and I was super happy with them :)

Sent on 07/22/2012

Julienne · Married on 08/19/2011

We were SO happy with the Buffalo Launch Club! We were married outside by the lighthouse and had dinner inside for 180 people. Lisa & Jim are very helpful - although (caveat!) each time we went (tours, tasting) they had another party or bride to attend to. This meant that we were not given undivided attention, but all things considered - we were very happy!

The ceremony site was flawlessly beautiful. Inside, we were able to work with them on placements for everything (gift table, etc). When we were shopping for venues, we found that some places are not flexible on this. It was a comfort to know that we could have it "just so."

The food was spectacular. I'm a vegetarian (as are some of our friends/family) and they let us have a tofu meal option. As a 13-year veteran, I'll tell you that it was the best tofu I have ever eaten! The fact that they were so flexible and creative with the food really made me feel "at home" on my wedding day. That feeling was priceless. Our family and friends loved the other meal options (salmon, chicken, and steak) and, for what you got, everything was really affordable. Not to mention - the servers were very fast, professional, and helpful.

Even though it was raining in the AM on our wedding day, Jim had people outside wiping down the chairs - so we still had our beautiful wedding. It was absolutely perfect and a lovely end to a stressful year of balancing work, grad school, and wedding planning! The staff at the BLC were really key in pulling everything off.

Little tip - you might want to consider doing something we did with our photographer. The BLC is on East River Road and a cross street on East River is "Love Rd." We took our photographer down the road (right after the ceremony) and took some shots of just the two of us under the "Love Road" sign. We just pulled over on the side of the road - so you should be mindful of the cars! :) The Grand Island bridge is in the background, the sun was shining, and the photos look really hip & modern. Just a thought. :)

Sent on 09/19/2011

Stephanie · Married on 11/13/2010

The Buffalo Launch Club was wonderful and I am so happy with the choice to have my reception there. They listened to everything I wanted and made the place look even more beautiful than I could have asked for. Jim was so accommodating and easy going and Lisa put everything together wonderfully. Very good food and service!

Sent on 12/05/2010

Deena · Married on 09/30/2017

I didn't originally book here but when I got bumped from my original venue just 16 days before the wedding the Launch Club really stepped up. They did their best to try to match the prices of my original venue and offer similar things. The staff was so prepared and professional - everything they did was gorgeous and they thought of everything. The food was absolutely delicious, I have received so many compliments on it. Also Megan the wedding coordinator was very responsive and flexible. You will have a beautiful wedding if you book here.

Sent on 10/05/2017
  • User4338412 · event on: 08/10/2014

Would have preferred to have staff organized and set-up done prior to guests arriving. However, they did do a terrific job!

Sent on 08/20/2014
  • User4175844 · event on: 05/26/2014

Event went very well and attention to detail was excellent

Sent on 06/15/2014

Debbie · Married on 08/30/2014

I would like to thank Tim Pike and his staff for a wonderful experience. The food was awesome and the atmosphere was beautiful. Thank you for such a memorable night.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Ron · event on: 10/12/2013

They accomdated us on short notice, lset up everything we needed and the room was nice.

teriangely · Married on 06/16/2017

3.6
      3.5
      3.0
      3.5

Everything was sooo beautiful. I couldn't ask for more. I't was just a wowww. Definitely worth it all. These people did an awesome job, will totally recommend it to anyone. Very happy with our choice of venue!!!

Sent on 07/07/2017