bud Floral Design Reviews

16 | Germantown, MD

16 Reviews for bud Floral Design

Monica did an amazing job doing the flowers for my wedding. She did the bouquets for myself and 7 bridesmaids, the corsages for the mothers and grandmas, the boutonnieres for the guys, all the flowers for the ceremony sight including an arch of flowers and draping around a gazebo, cocktail tables, tables inside the mansion and on all the tables for the tented reception and EVERYTHING came out perfect! There wasn't a week floral arrangement in the bunch! She exceeded my expectations all while staying in my budget! She was SUPER patient as we changed things, even when we went from one round centerpiece to bud vases on long tables. Her work is amazing and if you live in the DMV, she is the best choice you can make for a florist!

Sent on 01/04/2016

NaTonya · Married on 04/11/2015

I was referred by my sister who used Bud Floral about 5 years ago for her renewal. I was really impressed with Monica's responsiveness, professionalism and most of all flexibility. She came to our house on each occasion for initial consultation. Every email that an anxious bride would send she responded right away, she was flexible with changes I made, which happened almost every week. Although I was not at the church when she delivered the flowers, I was told by my coordinators that she was on time and very professional. When I arrived at the church I was speechless. And my bouquet was the prettiest bouquet I had ever seen. I was sooooooo happy. I will continue to use her and recommend to all my family and friends.

Sent on 04/30/2015
  • bittsey

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2013

I really can't say enough nice things about bud Floral Design! Monica was so nice to work with - she is kind, flexible, and creates absolutely beautiful flowers!

Sent on 07/29/2013

After contacting several florists, I went with Monica based on many factors. Her work looked great, she was excellent at communicating with me and discussing design options (both drawing from my examples and providing examples of her own), and she was very affordable. Her pricing was also very clear, including delivery. I got exactly the lovely arrangements that I wanted for a good price. Thank you, bud Floral Design!

Sent on 06/10/2013
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 05/04/2013

Monica did an excellent job! I came to her with a few photos and some rough ideas and she turned them into a beautiful reality. She made suggestions for flower types, sent me sketches and photos of different options for church flowers, bouquets, and centerpieces. The proposal was very clear and easy to understand. I really appreciated having several design and price options based on my budget. Monica was very helpful to incorporate some lace trim from my mom's veil in the bouquet wrapping at the last minute. On the day of the wedding I was extremely happy with all of the flowers - they were fresh and colorful. My 'theme' was eggplant & lilac, with bright spring flowers. The flowers were stunning and even more beautiful than I had imagined! Excellent, excellent, excellent! Everything was delivered on time, and I even had the option to rent the vases for the reception. Monica was professional, responsive, and helped make our wedding day special. LOVED my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, church flowers, and centerpieces! Would highly recommend using Bud Floral for your wedding!

Sent on 05/11/2013
  • FallBride

FallBride · Married on 10/12/2012

We were all in love with the flowers!!!
    Monica did an amazing job with personal, ceremony, and reception flowers. We met in person with her once and communicated through emails after that. She was very responsive, had great attention to detail, and gave us many suggestions and options. The prices were reasonable and I felt relaxed during the entire planning process.
    On wedding day, when we saw the personal flowers, we couldn't believe how pretty they were. My bouquet was perfect, it was exactly what I had in mind. The ceremony and reception flowers were gorgeous. We received so many compliments. I highly recommend Monica from bud floral designs. She is so helpful and the best :D

Sent on 11/10/2012

I just cannot say enough good things about working with Monica. She was incredibly patient, extremely creative and knowledgeable, and helped walk me through the whole process of what exactly I wanted for the flowers for my ceremony & reception. She listened to all my thoughts and helped me brainstorm, found me pictures of flower and feather ideas, drew and sent me sketches, and came up with ways to help me save money while still having all the things I hoped for. She not only found the ways to make my ideas come to life, but she helped to shape those ideas into realities that were even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I had hoped she could incorporate into the bouquets some buttons and jewelry that have been in my family for generations, as well as some feathers and other fun bits, and when I got to the venue and saw everything she had come up with it brought tears to my eyes they were so perfect. The table arrangements were a spectacular mix of elegance and vintage-y fun, and the bouquets and boutonnieres were beautiful and appointed with just the right amount of jewelry & bits. My bouquet was the most exquisite and stunning thing I have ever seen—I still cannot believe how absolutely Perfect it was. I had hoped for something fun and elegant and antique feeling that included some of my family’s history, and she made it happen in a way that was perfectly me, and utterly gorgeous. It took my breath away when I saw it, and still does, every time I think about it. And the cake top—she made an elegant arrangement that beautifully complemented the cake with a few more pieces of family history, and it tied the whole evening together perfectly. There simply are not enough words to say how happy I am with what Monica did for our wedding, or how thankful I am to her for it. She helped so much to make it the absolutely perfect evening that it was, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

Of all the florists in the DC/MD area, I decided to go with Bud Floral Design after meeting with Monica, the owner. She is so knowledgeable, professional and creative. She was extremely understanding of my budget and needs. She was also great about making suggestions to cut costs yet make sure that the design of the flowers matched my wedding and looked as best as possible.

On the day of my wedding, 8/4/12, my bouquet and those for the bridesmaids and attendants arrived on time and were perfection. My flowers were absolutely beautiful, in fact, the first time I saw my bouquet, I became so emotional that I teared up :) Monica added personal touches, such as pearl pins inside the bouquet to match my dress. It was so unexpected and sweet.

She created such beautiful centerpieces that everyone wanted to take home the pieces after the wedding. The rest of the decor for the church and the reception were completely beyond my expectations. My guests are still talking about the flowers and the arrangements.

Overall, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND, Bud Floral Designs to any bride planning their wedding or event. Monica made choosing wedding flowers a breeze and my wedding was beautiful because of her.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Sandra · Married on 06/23/2012

Finally a florist that sees the brides vision and makes it come to life. My flowers and center pieces were PERFECT for our wedding day. I described my vision and she made it come to life. She took the time to get to know me and what my wants and dreams were for my wedding day and then the day of when I saw it, all of them were so much better then I could have ever imagined. Thanks for making my dreams come true with the beauty of God's creation in our flowers!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Beth · Married on 05/26/2012

Our flowers were just beautiful. Monica was wonderful throughout the planning process -- She was always quick to respond to email and phone calls. The best part is that Monica just got it – we met once and talked over email (mostly over what I did not want) and she nailed it! Monica was so dedicated – she even put together some bouquets and centerpieces with me in mind for a floral show months before our wedding. She set up (and picked up!) with plenty of time before the ceremony and reception – so dependable. I will absolutely use her for my floral needs in the future and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Natasha · Married on 04/28/2012

All around perfect service, the flowers came out beautiful

Sent on 05/17/2012

Jean · Married on 06/19/2010

Everything was perfect.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Jackie · Married on 12/06/2009

Our organization was absolutely thrilled with the centerpieces at our holiday-themed charity event. Bud worked with our venue- the color, decor, and lighting- to create pieces that lived up to our expectations and more. Creative enough to stand out and make an impression, classy enough to appropriately adorn our traditional gala.

Sent on 08/21/2010
  • Fricka

Fricka · Married on 09/04/2011

Working with Monica from bud Floral was really easy and stress-free. Both of us had half-baked ideas about what our flowers would look like for the day of and Monica was always ready with ideas and suggestions based on what we liked and told her about the look and theme we were trying to create. She was able to take those half-baked ideas and transform them into beautiful and lovely accents to carry throughout the outdoor garden party wedding that we had.

The flowers all arrived on the day of, promptly, and even before our caterer arrived on-site! Because it happened to be super humid that day, by the time of the ceremony, some of the flowers looked more wilted than we would have liked (minus a half star), but I'm not sure what could have been done to prevent that. They are cut flowers, after all!

Overall, Monica was always super responsive, really patient and accommodating (even when we changed our mind a couple times), professional and gave us many options which allowed us to stay within our budget. We highly recommend bud Floral!

Sent on 12/11/2011

Monica provided excellent service for our event. Her creativity and knowledge helped us define our ideas and she delivered perfectly.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Aimee · Married on 09/14/2013

3.5

From start to finish, Monica was great. We weren't sure what we wanted (just had an idea of colors) and she helped us narrow down flower types and combinations until we had just what we wanted. She also offered suggestions and was extremely amenable to making adjustments when we changed our mind or needed something to fit our budget better. Our arrangements were simple but still felt grand enough for the occasion and fit the tone of our wedding perfectly. She even let us rent 2 empty vases for our decor and was super nice about it when we accidentally broke one of our other vases. Lastly, she arranged delivery and pickup so we wouldn't have to worry about transporting them or keeping them safe. If you are in the DC Metro area, you will enjoy working with this local vendor.

Sent on 09/29/2013