Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar Reviews

26 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

26 Reviews for Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar

Kristin · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our open air reception at Bud & Alley's and it was absolutely amazing. The food was outstanding and so many people came up to me telling me how good it was. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/13/2017

We just got married in May 2016 here and working at the venue with Rachel and Kathryn - (Bud and Alley's event planners) was outstanding. The word "NO" was basically not in their vocabulary, and they were incredibly responsive, professional, and graceful to work with. Not to mention they went above and beyond in the "helping decorate" category the day of the wedding. Highly recommend a wedding here, but recommend it even more if you can work with them.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Pamela · Married on 05/14/2016

Bud and Alley's was the absolute best and Kathryn was a dream to work with for my daughter's wedding reception! As a regular patron of Bud and Alley's I was very familiar with the menus at both their restaurant and the Pizza Bar and when we made special requests to switch an ingredient or include an item outside of the catering menu they were very accommodating. The chef even allowed me to bring a basket of fresh Chilton County, Alabama peaches for him to add to our salad! I could not have asked for a better experience and I am looking forward to working with them again soon for my son's rehearsal dinner...can't wait!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Jae Claire · Married on 04/16/2016

Absolutely love Kathryn at Bud & Alleys! She helped me throughout the whole wedding process and it couldn't have been more perfect! The food was great and everyone loved it. I couldn't have asked for a better restaurant to cater my wedding reception!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Manny · Married on 03/06/2016

Kathryn is great to work with! The food is fantastic. The atmosphere was perfect. Lots of options, all delicious. She helped build a custom menu based on our likes and preferences. The process was very smooth. Book early as this venue will be gone if you don't take advantage of it. My wife and I felt like a king and queen during the rehearsal dinner. The staff was impeccable. They were on top of everything. Our experience was wonderful and the guests experience was great as well. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Much thanks to Bud & Alley's for helping us start our wedding festivities with a bang!!!! Great job all around. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/17/2015

Bud & Alleys was the location that I used for a large group dinner. Rachel Forman was the Event Coordinator. I can't say enough great things about Rachel and Bud & Alleys. I had to make so many changes leading up to the dinner and Rachel was always accommodating. The food was incredible and the outdoor seating was just perfect. I would highly recommend using this place for any events that you might have. I was completely satisfied with the entire experience.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Bud & Alley's was a great place to hold our reception for the yearly fall conference for our organization. Very professional and delicious food.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Cody · Married on 10/24/2015

I cannot say enough about my wonderful experience with using Bud & Alley's as my wedding reception venue. Kathryn and Rachel are the event coordinators and are the absolute best to work with. They are extremely attentive, organized, and quick to respond to any question, comment, concern I ever had, and as a bride I had countless questions for them almost every day. On top of all of this, I've never had better food in the world than at Bud & Alley's. At first I was skeptical of what to choose for the menu because wedding food tends to be...well, typical wedding food. But the meal on the night of my wedding (and all of the other many visits to Bud & Alley's just for fun) was nothing less than gourmet and absolutely delicious! If you want a wedding reception that is in a fun and laid back atmosphere, but also capable of making it and decorating it to however you dream, and the added bonus of gourmet food that will give you chills...look no further than Bud & Alley's! Unforgettable experience!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Bud & Alley's was the perfect place for our son's October rehearsal dinner! The location on the beach, the covered gazebo and dining area were wonderful. It was absolutely gorgeous at sunset. Everyone told us that they had so much fun and that the food was delicious...We totally agreed! Rachel and Kathryn, the special event coordinators, were fantastic to work with from the first time we met until the close of the evening!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/19/2015

From the initial meeting to the reception itself, I couldn't have asked for better service, advice or quality in all aspects. Kathryn and Rachel at Bud and Alley's worked closely with our other vendors to ensure that every detail was properly handled. My daughter's reception was absolutely gorgeous, and all I (MOB) had to do was relax and enjoy. All the service throughout the reception was awesome, especially the bartenders, who were very efficient and made sure there was very little wait time for drinks.

The most surprising thing to me was the quality of the food. I knew B&A's had great food, but I wondered if the quality could be duplicated on a large scale, especially served buffet style. Yes, it could! The food was every bit as delicious and well-prepared as if we had sat down at a table and ordered off the menu. I couldn't get over how good it was and had many, many guests tell me it was by far the best wedding reception food they had ever eaten.

I am so happy we chose B&A's to host our reception. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Molly · Married on 08/29/2015

Excellent venue with the best ambience! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect rehearsal dinner. The food was delightful and the staff was beyond amazing.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Theresa · Married on 08/22/2015

Everyone at the event had rave reviews regarding Bud & Alley's including, but not limited to, excellent service, food, and great venue. The compliments were abundant and we will have our next event at Bud & Alleys and would recommend them highly. I would also recommend working with Rachel as she is very knowledgeable, helpful, responsive and a true pleasure to deal with. She made the event a great success and took any worries we might have had on her own shoulders away and excelled!

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • F

Farron · Married on 05/01/2015

It's hard to believe over 6 months has gone by since our wedding weekend, I can't say enough about the event team at Bud & Alley's. My husbands parents hosted an amazing rehearsal dinner party at Bud & Alley's this past May. We selected Bud & Alley's Restaurant after our decision to hire them for our outdoor reception on Lyceum lawn because we were so impressed with how accommodating and helpful they were in helping us customize a menu for our reception. I can't say enough about the experience we had at the restaurant. The service was excellent and we still have guests who talk about how great the food was even to this day. A HUGE thank you to Rachel and Kathryn for helping us create such a beautiful event. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/20/2015

anna · Married on 04/18/2015

Had my wedding reception at Bud & Alley's and am so glad I did! It was perfect and our guests just loved the location right on the beach! Can't beat the view! Their event coordinator, Rachel, was a pleasure to work with. She made the planning and food/drink decisions so easy, and was very responsive via email and phone (since we were planning from out of town). We took a lot of her recommendations and were pleased with each one. B&A has an extensive list of food/drink items to choose from - I don't think you can go wrong with anything. She helped us pick out those that were popular with guests (based on her past experience) and made sure we had a variety of options and the right quantity based on our guests. Our guests RAVED about the food (everything was WOW so delicious!), and we got several positive comments on the flow and layout of the reception. We also were able to use their chairs and table linens (instead of renting them elsewhere) which was a huge plus and saved us money. Wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • User4502080 · 2+ years ago

We recently had a perfect wedding at Bud & Alley's gazebo and herb garden. Many of our guests said it was by far their favorite wedding they have ever attended. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding, and the outdoor venue by the water was perfect. They repainted the gazebo that week and recently installed additional outdoor lighting that makes the space come alive. The wait staff went out of their way to take care of our guests, ensuring all kids had meals within a few minutes and that adults never had empty glasses. Their estimate they provided in advance was very accurate. We would highly recommend Bud & Alley's to anyone considering their venue!

Sent on 10/25/2014

LeAnn · Married on 09/06/2014

LOVE Bud and Alley's. We had the wedding reception there. Everything was so perfect! The food looked beautiful and tasted excellent. We did a raw bar with shrimp, crab and oyster on ice, grilled veggies, crab cakes, flat breads and taco bar..excellent food. Open bar. The Staff could not have been more kind and professional. Kendyl, the event planner was there that evening and attended to our every need. It was a perfect evening and the beach being right there.. couldn't ask for a more perfect location.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Arielle · Married on 05/17/2014

I am so grateful to Bud & Alley's for our wonderful wedding weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Bud & Alley's Pizza Bar on Friday and then our reception at Bud & Alley's Restaurant on Saturday. Both of the events went off without a hitch. From the wine and drinks to the food - it was all perfect. It's our favorite restaurant in Seaside and we are so happy to have memories of our wedding day there. The food was exquisite, the pizza, salads, and pasta were all freshly made and well presented at the rehearsal dinner. At the reception, we had everything from various seafood appetizers to steak, shrimp and grits and blackened grouper. All of the food was incredible. Everyone kept saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The best part was that Kendyl was willing to be flexible with us on our wine and beer menu. We were able to have our choice of favorite wines and our very own customized beer list. The biggest hits were the 30A Beach Blonde and Sweetwater Blue. I was so happy with every single aspect of the 2 events and would highly recommend B&A for any event, big or small. They can comfortably accommodate 100 people and the ocean view and breeze really make the entire night so picturesque. They have great relationships with many FL vendors and coordinators and worked seamlessly with our photographer, florist, and wedding planner. Overall, the pricing was competitive and everything was custom. I was very happy with the customer service throughout the entire year of planning. I truly recommend B&A, don't wait, they book up fast!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • User4265450 · event on: 05/05/2014

The Bud & Alley's team was most helpful in making our son's Christening lunch ever so special. They went above and beyond to create exactly the look & feel we wanted - everything from the cake to the flowers were perfectly coordinated and fitting for a little boy and the Mediterranean-like surroundings. The atmosphere of the Pizza Bar porch was just perfect for an intimate gathering that invited our guests to relax, mingle and be amongst friends. And the food was, as always, delicious! The service provided by the staff and most especially Kendyl was most appreciated. Thank you for making our son's special day such a delight for our friends and family. We indeed had good food, good people, and good times!!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 09/22/2012

Toni Ferguson at Bud & Alley's is amazing! She is so kind, helpful and professional! And the restaurant's food is soooooooo good! We had our wedding reception here. Such a beautiful night--we couldn't have asked for better weather, better friends and more beautiful decor! My husband and I love the laid-back atmosphere here. We had a great party with a tasty, unique menu, some amazing cocktails including a blue electric lemonade (our signature cocktail) and a beautiful view/access to the beach. Our reception kicked ass--more so than any other wedding reception we've ever been to--and we'd never do it anywhere else but here! All our friends and friends of our parents are still raving about how much fun they had and how great the food & drinks were! Thanks Toni & Bud & Alley's!

We also love eating lunch and dinner here on a normal day!!! The drinks rock and getting wasted here is a lot of fun too.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Leah · Married on 08/06/2011

Toni and Kim helped me plan my reception at Bud & Alley's for my August 6th wedding, and they did a stellar job! Throughout the planning process, they kept me updated on changes to the menu and restaurant policies. At the wedding, Toni always made sure that my husband and I had a drink, so I never had to go to the bar. She kept things running smoothly during the event from the wait staff to the presentation of the cake to informing my father of the bar tab! The food (as always!) was amazing! To this day, my family and friends still rave about the food. We had a seated salad and buffet entrees (scallops, grilled chicken, and filet). I've never had a good buffet meal until my wedding!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Karen · Married on 05/01/2010

Bud & Alley's was the perfect spot for my wedding reception! The back Herb Garden and Gazebo looked fabulous all decorated and tented. The food and appetizers were awesome - they photographed well too! I felt like we got a great spread of options for dinner for the per head price that we paid. I would recommend a wedding reception at Bud & Alley's to anyone wanting a fun outdoor atmosphere!

Sent on 05/25/2010

karen · Married on 04/15/2016

3.5

Rachel and her team were excellent! They exceeded our expectations! Our Rehearsal Dinner was fabulous! I only gave 41/2 stars for value because it was pricey, but we are in Seaside, so it is expected. I would highly recommend Bud and Alley's for any event!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Susan · Married on 10/03/2015

3.5

Dinner and service were excellent however did not appreciate large booking fee.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/07/2016

Kathryn at Bud and Alley's was great to work with. She was very helpful and answered any questions I had. Everything we wanted for our reception was set up perfectly.

I would recommend taking the tent down for an outside reception and having the lights put up.

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • User4273737 · event on: 05/16/2014

2.6
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Unfortunately the restaurant had their events person leave unexpectedly, so there were problems with communication at the outset. My initial interactions with Kendyl were good and she seemed perky and willing to be flexible. However, at the event there were problems with Kendyl being wrong about the time of the event (she thought it was 11 am and e-mails clearly said 11:30 and the number of people, and when the bill came, it did not reflect the deposit that had been made by my sister-in-law. I had to go inside to find Kendyl to report the problem and she assured me the amount was correct, even though I had a print-out of the cost of the luncheon that she sent me, clearly indicating the deposit that had been made. I had to get my sister-in-law and she offered to go online and show Kendyl the receipt for the deposit that had been made. Other than my unpleasant experience with the initial lack of communication, the errors that were made as to time of event, number of people there, and cost, and then the embarrassment of getting the bride's mother involved in confirming what I had been saying all along about the bill, it was a very pleasant experience. I believe the issue is personnel, and hopefully that is being resolved.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar's reply:

Good Afternoon,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with Bud & Alley's was not what you had expected it to be. It was unfortunate to loose an Event Coordinator during the process of booking your event. We sincerely apologize for the lack of response from our previous coordinator and for the lack of information that we were left with. We also apologize for the mix up in the time and the guest count. Based on our documentation we are positive that the event took place at the correct time & the appropriate amount of food was served to the amount of guests attending. We apologize for the confusion with the deposit and felt that as soon as it was brought to our attention, we took the necessary steps to remedy the situation in a timely fashion. We are so happy to hear that despite the communication errors during the coordinator transition, the event was a pleasant experience for you.

We would be happy to discuss this further with you to better enhance your experience. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Event Coordination