67 Reviews for Buckeye Sounds

Uplighting (11)
Sound/PA System (10)
Flat Screen (5)
Photobooth (4)

Rod was absolutely amazing! While planning our wedding he was great to communicate with - we set up a video chat meeting and got to know him and talked through our entire vision for our big day! We had a large reception with a variety of ages and Rod was able to play a wide variety of songs that kept everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When my (now) husband and I started planning our wedding, we knew that there were 3 key elements to throwing an incredible party: food, booze, and music. We also wanted a mix of EDM, 90s hip-hop/R&B, top 40s, oldies, and Sinatra for a range of generations among our guests. So we weren't playing around when it came to finding a DJ for our big day!

We’ve seen tons of DJs at weddings in the Columbus area and other areas, and Buckeye Sounds is in a league of its own. Make sure to book well in advance, given their how popular they are!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The most important thing for us and our wedding was to make sure everyone had fun. Rod and his team at Buckeye Sounds definitely helped make that happen! Rod was very responsive to my endless list of questions and concerns. We were able to meet with him once before the wedding. I also exchanged several emails and phone calls with him leading up to the wedding. Rod had every detail and technicality covered. I had a very specific playlist that I wanted and several songs that I definitely did NOT want to hear at my reception. Rod made sure that all my playlist songs were played! I received so many compliments on how fun our wedding was. Several people went as far as to say it was the best/most-fun wedding they had ever been to! I owe a lot of that credit to Rod and his team! I would definitely recommend Buckeye Sounds and would even book them again if I could!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/26/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Rod and his team did an amazing job for us. We had a beautiful ceremony, followed by a classy and elegant cocktail hour / dinner, and finally a lively dance party at the Hilton. Everything was seamless and when it was time to dance and party the whole crowd was up it was like a dancing lightswitch went off (even the older / shy relatives I didn't expect to dance were dancing). He also did a really good job of taking requests while filling out the party with creative choices that kept the party going. In every category he met and exceeded our best expectations.

Profile Picture Belinda, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

So I did lots of research before booking Buckeye Sounds and it was the best decision I made through the planning process! They made sure that our wedding was not like any other wedding - from the lighting to the music to the actual event. The dance floor was packed from the minute he began playing music until the last song! I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married, I promise you will not regret your decision!

Profile Picture donna, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We live in California so we were not able to meet with Buckeye Sounds before our reception. You can only imagine how stressful that is - to put blind faith into someone to run your reception and to understand our vision. So we had to do everything over email and a few phone calls. Rod (the DJ) and Renee (photo booth) treated us like family and you can see that they love what they do! The dance floor was full and our guests really enjoyed the photo booth! They ended up being the best decision we made for our reception! I had never meet them before and id didn't even matter it was like we had known them for years.

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

All in all I cannot say enough great things about this business! They went above and beyond my expectations! It was a very last minute wedding so everything was planned in two months. Rod took the time out of his busy schedule, answered all of my phone calls and every email without hesitation! The reception they put on was absolutely a blast! Between the very entertaining Photo Booth, the great music, and the wonderful lighting, it was better than we ever thought possible! As a bride to be we worry about our guests enjoying the reception so much. We worry weather or not they will like the feel, the music, get up and dance or feel entertained. I can promise you that ours had a great time and they are still talking about it weeks later! To top it off, their website to organize your playlist is very user friendly and you are able to do it from your smart phone without a problem! This made the the stress from the wedding a lot easier to handle being as though we live on the road for our carrier! He played every song we asked and then worked with what we liked and incorporated some that were similar! They were so good with working with the guests by playing great requests, and entertaining everyone with their fun photo booth! They really work with the flow of the event and keeps the energy going at the rate it needs to be! I cannot say enough good things about Buckeye Sounds! If you are looking for a DJ or Photo Booth for your event, look no further! Thank you again for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Maura, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I don't think 5 stars does much justice to show how amazing Rod is. Rod deejayed our wedding reception and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Rod was very professional, very responsive and a joy to work with. He gave great tips and helped me think and plan my wedding day through for every single moment and detail that I wanted music to. He was very informative and very engaging during the reception re: the various events and the guests really appreciated and loved it that they knew what was going on and where. GREAT to work with and was one of my favorite vendors to work with. Most importantly he had the entire wedding on the dance floor the whole night! Which was exactly what we requested - and I can assure you he goes out of his way to really understand what "type" of wedding you would like to have.

Profile Picture Gabby, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Rod did a great job keeping all of our guests on the dance floor making the special occasion memorable!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I have mixed feeling about Buckeye Sounds. In the end everything turned out wonderfully, but there was a lot of stress in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We planned our wedding in just two months and Rod happened to have one spot on our date. We went to the initial consultation and immediately after were ready to sign the contract. Unfortunately Rod was no where to be found. Repeated e-mails and calls went without answer. Finally a week after the consultation, I was able to get a hold of Rod who assured me he'd send me a contract that night. Then nothing. If my bridal consultant hadn't convinced me that Rod would come through we would have booked someone else. I think we got down to 3 weeks before the wedding and we finally signed the contract. Based on all his other reviews, it seems like our experience was an anomaly based on some extenuating circumstances. Rod was accommodating to allow us customize a package for what we needed and we ended up getting the ceremony package, up-lighting, and 6 hours at the reception. I never actually got to meet our DJ, Aaron, since we were so busy chatting with guests. He did a good job though keeping the dance floor packed and even the waitstaff commented on how great the music was. The up-lighting was well worth the money. It totally transforms the room.

Profile Picture Susan, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We saw Rod at another reception and it was so much fun and everyone was dancing. So we wanted that for our reception. We got that AND more! We wish we could give them 10 stars!

Profile Picture Kat, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

BuckeyeSounds was the best DJ/MC we could have asked for. They were incredibly organized and made our reception unique. Our friends are still talking about how much fun they had. Definitely recommend the LOVE letters and dancing in the cloud! They have a variety of fun photobooths to choose from as well. They take your music tastes/requests seriously and package everything together perfectly. You won't regret it if you go with them.

Profile Picture Leah, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had to plan our wedding very quickly So when it came to the details we were kind of all over the place. We didn't give Rod too much to work with but he made is so easy for us. I'm a total music lover so the song choices were very important to me, and Rod nailed it. I told him that my #1 priority was to play whatever kept the crowd dancing, and that what he did, but also worked in all my favorite songs.

Profile Picture Ronny, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

For our wedding, we thought that the DJ would be the most important vendor. I'm really picky when it comes to the music. We wanted all our guests to have a great time and to have the perfect music selection for each part of the wedding.

We spent our whole reception with a full dance floor. It was so much fun.

Profile Picture Belinda, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rod was fantastic from start to finish. He was extremely flexible and he made helpful suggestions. Most importantly he really listened to what we had to say and what we wanted at our wedding, even when we weren't entirely sure what we wanted that to be.

He was very aware of the mood of my wedding guests and played the correct music to compliment that. He was also very good at keeping everything on schedule and playing up certain things that we wanted people to pay attention to.

My only regret was that I did not hire him to play later than 11PM. Our reception would have gone a couple more hours on the dance floor. He really knew how to keep the crowd happy with his music choices.

Everyone loved our DJ and that's one main things people will remember about a wedding day. How the ceremony went, the food, and the entertainment/DJ!!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

It was perfect! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture natalie, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great service and professionalism! Their years of experience expertly gauged the musical tastes of our guests and kept them dancing all night long! The reception flowed seamlessly and all of our guests had a wonderful time.

Profile Picture Jordan, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Finding a good wedding dj can be difficult. Finding a DJ who wants to make your reception as much fun as you do is even harder. And Buckeye Sounds completely worked with us to make our reception the best we've ever been to. We've been to many receptions were there are large amounts of time with nothing happening and no one dancing. We had to avoid that, and we are still getting comments on how great our reception was!

We had heard about them from our venue and we were so glad that we did. There is a reason they keep referring them to so many of their brides.

They were a bit more expensive then some of the other DJs that we looked at, but it was completely worth it at the end of the night. In the end they had totally met (and exceeded) our vision for our day. What more can you ask for?

Profile Picture Connie, 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

My wife and I were given a lot of advice on how to pick a DJ and we met with quite a few, but none of them really seemed to connect with us like Rod did. The DJ may be the most important aspect of your reception. He controls the entire flow of the night and determines whether guests at your wedding have fun or not. I have been to a lot of weddings and seen lot of DJ's and Rod is by far the best. It was a cause of anxiety for my wife and I that people wouldn't dance at the wedding and leave early and that was the opposite of reality. Rod moved about the reception with a sense of urgency that I have never seen from a DJ. Rod seamlessly made the reception flow perfectly and kept people on the dance floor until they turned the lights on and had to kick us out. Rod's talents are not just limited to the reception. His advice and scheduling of the reception are truly priceless. There is a lot of overwhelming planning when it comes to a wedding and my wife and I knew that by choosing Buckeye Sounds the reception was one part that we didn't have to worry about. We used his uplight and bubble package and they are both WELL worth it! It is hard to make the Westin ballroom more beautiful than it already is but Rod did just that with his lighting. Don't think twice about any other DJ and don't skimp. Our reception would not have been the same if it were not for Buckeye Sounds. Thank you Rod!

Profile Picture Jon, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Rod is truly the best. One of our family members pointed out that the music seemed to appeal to everyone from our six year old nephew to our 73 year old aunt. We were really ill-prepared for all of our meetings with Rod (who knew we needed to decide on so many songs?!) and he was patient and helpful. From my weird indie tastes to my husband's (slightly inebriated) request for "family friendly Drake," Rod managed to satisfy all. I would definitely use Buckeye Sounds for future celebrations!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Rod is fantastic. We have eclectic taste in music and he was really helpful in reigning in our ideas and providing suggestions to improve the flow. We have seen some terrible, cheesy wedding DJs and Rod is the antithesis of that. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Buckeye Sounds to anyone for any occasion.

Profile Picture Kim, 10/29/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We had kind of a hard time finding a DJ for our wedding. We were planning way ahead of time but we knew a good DJ was worth finding, someone who did it casually was not what we were looking for. We contacted Rod and went and met him at his office in Gahanna where he showed us all of his equipment, showed us reviews from other weddings and some videos of weddings he had done. It was very professional. He then asked what we were looking for with our wedding and nailed down some particulars. The next day we got an email with a few quotes. There was never any question that we were going with him.

The day of our wedding Rod was great, our guests have commented how friendly he was and how smoothly everything ran, thanks in large part to Rod. We also opted to use the monitors to display some pictures during cocktail hour and some of the dances and our guests loved that as well. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/22/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Flat Screen, Microphones

If you want your wedding to be great and worry free then you have to hire Buckeye Sounds!

You will find that they’re fun professionals who take their job of your entertainment very seriously. Everything we wanted coordinated worked out just as we wanted. They are an experienced DJ who provides you great advice in planning but doesn't pressure you into anything.

And most importantly, they provided the sound system, microphones, and music for our ceremony itself. We put a LOT of thought into our ceremony, and it was a relief to know that we wouldn't have to worry one bit about the audio. All our guests were able to hear our vows which was very important to us.

Profile Picture Miranda, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Buckeye Sounds was the best company from start to finish that I worked with my wedding! Unlike most DJs (and other vendors) they took some time to get to know us and what we were wanting. When we met with them they explained to us how the flow of the evening, our music selections, and of course the entertainment could be made just a little bit better to create the fun reception that we really wanted.

During the very last song of the night, I looked around and saw a packed dance floor with tons of smiling faces. At that moment, I got emotional and felt all the crazy planning was worth it. The people I love most in the world were having a ton of fun, and didn’t want the night to end. I almost wish I could do it again!

One last tip for future brides reading this. We almost didn’t get décor lighting, and I’m so glad that we did. On the day of the wedding, I could not believe how they had transformed the venue space... it literally took my breath away. It made a beautiful, yet standard hotel ballroom our very own unique space.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I cannot thank Buckeye Sounds, Joe, and Renee enough for our reception. It was absolutely amazing, truly the night we dreamed of. I looked around couldn't believe how many people were dancing. The floor was packed. I should've asked for a bigger floor, but I never thought so many people would dance. Joe kept the night rolling from the second we came through the door. There was no sense of down time at all which was wonderful. I don't like to feel like the night is dragging. If anything, the night flew by.

Profile Picture User5230936, 2+ years ago, 1 Review