Bubbly Events Reviews

53 | Wilmington, NC

53 Reviews for Bubbly Events

Cynthia · Married on 04/28/2018

Mother of the Bride

Katie, what in the world can we say to the super human that planned our daughter's wedding not once but twice ( thanks COVID). We definitely couldn't have done it without you, nor would we have wanted too. if you are looking for a wedding planner that will literally think of EVERYTHING this is your person. She is extremely organized, professional, and responsive. Book Bubbly events you will be thrilled you did!

Sent on 12/22/2020

Kim · Married on 03/24/2018

Katie is seriously THE BEST! From our first meeting I felt so comfortable that she would be able to make my ideas come to life and keep me organized. She was very responsive over emails or texts when I had questions. She took care of EVERYTHING the day of so all I had to worry about was getting ready with my bridesmaids. I highly recommend her planning services and I'm so happy I got to work with her!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Hollie · Married on 11/05/2017

Katie was amazing to work with! We hired her for month of coordination and she exceeded my expectations. She kept track of everything throughout the entire planning process and met with me a few times before the month of when I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed. She would constantly tell me that I was on top of my planning and that everything would be fine and to not stress. And she was right, the day of, I was not stressed about anything, I was actually able to enjoy the whole day. She coordinated all of my vendors when she took over the last month, made sure that we had reserved everything, and even flipped our ceremony room into our reception room. She took my vision and made my wedding absolutely beautiful, better than I could have dreamt. Katie was so organized, paid attention to the details, she listened and fulfilled my every request, and overall was fantastic to work with!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Alessandra · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Katie for partial planning and day of coordination services right after we booked our venue (Brick Landing in Ocean Isle Beach). We could NOT have made a better decision! Katie kept us organized, helped make important decisions, and made sure we were hitting the milestones we needed to be throughout the planning process. Her greatest value, however, was the day of the wedding when – you guessed it – it rained right before I was supposed to walk across the boardwalk to our outdoor ceremony. Katie and her assistant gathered the guests to help them get quickly out of the rain, kept me calm, and then convinced me to stick it out so we could have my dream outdoor ceremony. She worked with the venue to open the bar early (easing my biggest fears of inconveniencing our guests!), got hair dryers for the moms, and made sure everyone was comfortable while we waited out our slight rain delay. And it was so worth it! Everything the rest of the day went smoothly and we got back on schedule quickly with Katie leading the way. My husband and I didn’t worry about a thing on our wedding day and we have Bubbly Events to thank for that! Katie’s professionalism is unmatched and we were so happy to have her throughout the planning process and on our wedding day.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Heather · Married on 09/03/2017

Katie was wonderful to work with! She was always on top of everything, checked in periodically, kept me on time with what I need to get done and made sure our wedding went absolutely perfect!! Our venue required brides to have a coordinator (which I wasn't thrilled with at all) but after all was said and done even my parents said something about how hard Katie andher crew worked and what an amazing job they did and how it was worth every penny and more!! I could try to mention everything little thing Katie did but I would ramble on for an entire page! Bubbly Events pricing cannot be beat. The only thing you will regret is not hiring Bubbly Events to help coordinate your most important day!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Emily · Married on 08/26/2017

I hired Katie to be my "day-of coordinator." She outdid herself. We talked multiple times before her "hired time." She scheduled monthly calls with me to ensure she got a sense for who I was and what I was envisioning for the day. I had no worries the day of, she gets things handled. If something went wrong the day of I had no idea, she made sure my day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Taylor · Married on 08/05/2017

Thank goodness for Katie and her team!!!!!!!! They saved the day on MULTIPLE occasions... My sister was being "funny" and bent over and her dress ripped all the way up the back... Her whole backside was showing right before we were all announced... Katie's team fixed the problem. My dress was stepped on and ripped (during the dancing part of the night)... Katie fixed it... I missed my favorite song and Katie had the DJ play it again... I mean, she was a life saver for me the whole day & night. She kept us on schedule and made sure we got some beautiful pictures. She was FANTASTIC!!! She kept me calm and did not let me get stressed out over anything. If I knew of anyone getting married in the area, I would highly, highly recommend her. She is the best there is! The whole venue was set up beautifully. She took my vision and brought it to life and exceeded my expectations. She explained everything to us and guided us through the whole day -- especially helpful for the cake cutting... which was interesting... Before the wedding she used my husbands notes & ideas to completely rearrange the whole seating chart. She made notes on who to keep away from who and truly was the most helpful person to have assisting me the day of my wedding. She had a lot of tricks and ideas to help us while we were away (in Canada). I am so thankful for her and her team. I could not have enjoyed my wedding day without her. There are not enough good things to say about her & her team. She was reachable, understanding, helpful, compassionate, flexible, professional, and truly was there for the BRIDE & GROOM. Thank you, Katie!!!

Sent on 02/07/2018

MK · Married on 08/04/2017

Where to begin?! We have NO idea what we would have done on our wedding day without Katie Lange. Katie simply exceeded all of our expectations. She was organized, supportive, detail-oriented, and communicative. She helped bring my wedding vision to life and provided awesome recommendations along the way. She was also extremely responsive and comforting in times of need. If we had to do it all over, we would hire Katie again in a heartbeat. Do yourself a favor and do the same! Thank you, Katie!!!

Many thanks,
    MK & Greg

Sent on 09/19/2017

Corinne · Married on 07/22/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Bubbly Events! Katie and her team were phenomenal! I hired her as a day of coordinator and that was one of the best decisions I made concerning my wedding. I met with her a few times in the months leading up to my wedding and I always left the meetings feeling confident about all the wedding planning. When my wedding day finally arrived, she made sure everything went perfectly! I honestly thought I would be stressed on my wedding day but Katie was so on top of everything that there was nothing to worry about. She was always there when I needed her and she made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be at the right time. I couldn’t be happier with her services. I absolutely recommend using Bubbly Events for your wedding. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2017

I cannot say enough about Katie and her team!!! I had such an amazing wedding day, and Katie was a huge part of that! I am an extremely organized person, so I was on the fence about hiring a day of coordinator. I can honestly say that the best decision I made was hiring a day of coordinator. I did not have to do anything the day of the wedding. Katie made sure that everything was perfect and the venue looked beautiful!!! I swear every time I needed something, I turned around and there she was with my bouquet, or telling me when to go, and even showing us how to cut the cake when we were clueless!! She handled everything and everyone like a pro and so many of my guests told me how sweet she was and how well she handled the day. If anything went wrong the day of my wedding, I had no idea, which is exactly what I wanted! I was not stressed at all (which is pretty unusual for me haha) and I had an amazing night. I highly recommend Bubbly Events!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Katie at Bubbly Events was one of the best parts about my wedding! She was extremely helpful in the months leading up to the wedding and keeping me on track. She executed the perfect day for us flawlessly! Bubbly Events was extremely easy to work with and very quick to respond to any emails/texts/calls I had leading up to the big day.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

Katie and her team are absolutely AMAZING! She was so patient and attentive to all of my needs and questions through out the entire coordination process! Our day was absolutely perfect thanks to Katie! Everything went as planned and she keeps everything in line and organized, I didn't have to life a finger on my wedding day! Her prices are reasonable and she goes above and beyond to make sure her brides are happy and their day is flawless! We can't thank you enough Bubbly Events, y'all rock!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 04/29/2017

Katie is awesome! She definitely puts the 'bubbly' in "Bubbly Events". She is the sweetest. We used her for "Month-Of" coordinating for our April 2017 wedding (late review!), but she seriously will help you keep your wedding in line well before then. She asked about details that I didn't think about, and made sure I had my stuff together. She was very organized, professional, and so kind. I seriously felt like she was a friend from the moment I met her. On the day of the wedding, she set up all of the decor (which she allowed us to bring to her house 2 days in advance!), managed all of the vendors, and made sure the day ran smoothly. It was so funny to hear my husband and his groomsmen yell her name before and after the reception over and over, and she was there to help and answer questions for them -- and everyone else -- every time! She even pulled the microphone away from our drunk best man when he talked nonsense for 5 minutes straight during his toast -and she handled it with class! She made sure that me and my husband always had our drink of choice in our hand, and made sure that the caterers took care of us and treated us like a king and queen. She also cleaned up at the end of the night and made sure our vendors were paid and our rentals got back to where they needed to be.

My family loved her so much, that my sister is using her in her upcoming May wedding!! I can't wait to hang with Katie and her team again soon :-)

Sent on 01/08/2018

Amy · Married on 02/25/2017

My sister used Katie for her wedding a year and a half ago and choosing her to do mine was a no brainer. In fact, we chose our date based on her availability--she's that good! She is so easy and fun to work with and made the planning process as stress-free as possible, which is big because we planned it all in under 7 months! She kept me right on track the whole time and was always available to offer help or suggestions. The process would not have been as smooth or fun without her! Highly, highly recommend; she won't disappoint!!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Kara · Married on 12/30/2016

Katie made our wedding day perfect. I was so afraid of hiring a planner, but have thanked my husband endlessly because it was the best decision we made for the day! Her team took care of any problem that arose and as a bride I was able to just enjoy every amazing moment. Bubble Events made sure the entire day was a dream and was able to troubleshoot any problems that arose. Thank you!!!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/19/2016

Words cannot adequately describe how wonderful Katie (and her team) are. I went back and forth on whether to hire a wedding planner because I wanted to be frugal. There are two people I could not have gotten married without: my groom, and KATIE. Hiring Bubbly Events was the best thing I did during the planning process. Everyone tells you things will go wrong on your wedding day...not with Katie in charge. Even if there are small hiccups, you don't know about them until well after the wedding is over, you've had the perfect night, and you can just laugh at the small things that went "wrong." I could type a book about how wonderful she is to work with. My entire bridal party raved about her. She is sweet, BUBBLY, efficient, and quite possibly the most organized person I've ever met. I had my fairy tale wedding and I owe it all to her. She made my vision turn into a reality better than I could have ever imagined and dealt with all of the vendors so I wasn't stressed at all on my big day. If you are a bride in the NC/SC area, hire Katie. Do it now. You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 11/12/2016

Katie is the best!!! She really cares what your vision is for your wedding, and she brings it to life. She goes above and beyond, not on,y the day of the wedding but also the months leading up to it. Katie was always there for any question or request I had. Her services allow you to really focus on what you should that day - marrying the love of your life and celebrating. She handles the details so that you are able to enjoy every minute. Professional, friendly, caring, and simply a joy to work with are just a few ways I would describe her !

Sent on 12/15/2016

Tanner · Married on 11/05/2016

Katie is the BEST! When my husband and I first got engaged we already had a vision of what we wanted for our wedding and we thought it would be easy to go the DIY route. Well, Katie ended up being one of the best wedding decisions we made! We hired her as a "month of" planner but she started working with us right away. We were able to call/text her for questions and we also met with her a few times leading up to the wedding (not just the month of). She helped us with seating arrangements, the order of events for the ceremony and reception, the layout of the venue (a neighborhood park) and SO much more. Every time we met with Katie to talk about the wedding I would get SO excited.
    One of the things I am most grateful for is having Katie the day before the wedding and the day of the wedding. My mom is a very big DIY person and she wanted to do a lot for the wedding. One of my biggest fears was that my mom was going to have to much on her plate and miss out on spending the day with me while I was getting ready for the biggest day of my life. That didn't happen! Katie was at our house/venue the day before the wedding and the whole day of the wedding. We got married in the neighborhood park at Autumn Hall so we had to provide everything! Katie came over Friday and helped set up and shuttle boxes of stuff to the park. The day of the wedding we didn't have to think or worry about ONE thing. Katie was at the park helping the vendors set up and making sure everything was on schedule and where it needed to be. She never called/texted my mom or I, she wanted us to be able to relax and get ready for the big day. If she did need something or had a question she contacted my maid of honor and I never even knew about it! When I showed up to the venue I was in shock... every little detail was perfection. Katie knew exactly what we wanted and made our wedding day a dream come true! We can't thank Katie enough for everything she did for us!!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie helped my husband and me plan our wedding in Asheville, NC at a distance from Wilmington, NC over an 11 month period. It was a medium sized wedding that presented some challenges being planned from a distance. Katie rose to the occasion, tackling every obstacle as it came. Aside from being an incredible value in terms of price, it's clear that Katie is passionate about weddings and making your wedding the most special day it can possibly be. That passion translates flawlessly in her attention to detail from day one. Working with Katie means working with a friend who tirelessly answers your calls and texts, fleshing out every detail with complete honesty in terms of feasibility. Her desire is truly to bring your vision to fruition. Katie can be both a compassionate partner in the planning process and a candid voice of reason. She takes great pride in the work she does and the reflection it has on her business, and she will go to great lengths to be sure that your event reflects both you and her in the best way possible. You can't ask for more from a vendor than for them to treat your event with the same precision that they would treat their own. You simply will not find a wedding planner as kind, patient and attentive as Katie. And on top of that, she's sure to share in your excitement and enthusiasm for your event! She is sure to make the planning process enjoyable and as low-stress as it can be, and be the proverbial "backbone" of the entire event-keeping things running as smoothly as possible. On the day of our wedding, Katie worked without pause from sun up until the very end of the night, never allowing a single detail to go without attention. In the simplest of terms, Katie makes it fun. And in the most precise terms, Katie is truly exceptional. You cannot go wrong in choosing Bubbly Events!

Sent on 10/30/2016

It was not in our plans to hire a wedding planner but we decided to after the event coordinator at our venue changed. Katie was highly recommended from our previous coordinator and she did an excellent job. She was very flexible in meeting me in Raleigh, Wilmington, Ocean Isle Beach, wherever we needed her, she was there. She was hired for us as a month of planner but we started communicating and planning before the "month of". She took care of the timelines for the vendors and made sure everything was like we wanted it. She also had an assistant the day of to help make sure we were all in place and ready to go, on schedule! It was a great day and I was so glad that I, the bride, had nothing to worry about!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Ashton · Married on 05/21/2016

I would recommend using Katie as a wedding coordinator/planner 100%. She is always on the ball, very professional and approachable, and so pleasant to work with. It is so worth the money - she made my life and wedding planning SO much easier. She is a kind person and a complete sweetheart. I felt comfortable going to her with any problems or questions that I had, and she was always prompt with responding. Overall, working with Katie was a complete positive experience!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/07/2016

If I wrote down every wonderful thing about Katie, I would be here for days! Everything was amazing. Katie kept me on track throughout the planning process. She had the perfect amount of involvement. There were tasks I completed on my own and then things she handled to take it off my plate. She was extremely flexible and down to do more or less, whatever worked for me. She is so informed about venues, vendors, etiquette, wedding "rules", etc... No exaggeration, my wedding would not have happened without her. The day of was so organized and perfect. Nothing went wrong and if it did, Katie had a backup plan. It is even possible something did go wrong but I didn't know because Katie handled it! She was so in tune with my needs, wants and dislikes. She also kept a close watch on me throughout the reception and rescued me from certain guests when needed! You are wasting your time and money if you choose anyone else to plan your event!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Since I had planned most of our wedding myself and I was going the DIY-route on many things, I originally hadn't planned to hire a wedding coordinator. I thought between myself, my bridesmaids, and a couple family members, I could get everything set up and broken down--no problem. The site coordinator at The Terraces on Sir Tyler strongly encouraged me (more like persisted, but I'm glad she did) that I hire a coordinator. That's when I found Katie. I felt immediately at ease just speaking with Katie over the phone for the first time. She's quite, well, bubbly, which is why her event planning name is perfectly suited! Our first meeting covered everything I had planned and still needed to plan. She wanted to have access to all of my wedding-related Pinterest boards so she could get a perfect idea of what I had in mind for the wedding. We met a few different times up until the wedding over the course of 4 months. I thought I had most of my wedding details worked out by the time we hired Katie, but she reminded me of the multitude of details I hadn't even thought about. She was so meticulously organized, sweet, encouraging, and offered amazing solutions to issues, such as booking a Uhaul to park at the venue that could hold all of our decor and stuff after the wedding instead of having family or friends drive it all back to our house afterwards.

The day of went flawlessly! It was everything I had dreamed of. Everything was perfect. Katie had an extremely detailed itinerary and made sure Lucas and I stuck to it with gentle reminders of what's next, etc. She was absolutely phenomenal.

I wholeheartedly recommend Katie and her team at Bubbly Events as a wedding coordinator. She was seriously the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I felt so relieved after booking Bubbly Events knowing that she had everything under control. It is such an amazing feeling knowing that your day will go flawlessly because of her!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Hiring Katie of Bubbly Events was the best decision I made in my planning process! I hired her as a "day-of" coordinator, but she starting working on my wedding more than a month beforehand. She took over dealing with vendors, which was a huge burden off my shoulders, and was even in contact with my mom in Pittsburgh, who was doing our flower design. She was quick to respond to emails and texts, and met with us in person a few times before the wedding. On our wedding day, Katie (and her assistant) were calm, which kept me calm, and on top of every detail. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything, and the night was perfect! I received so many comments from guests about how sweet and professional she was.
    You NEED a wedding coordinator, and if you're in the Wilmington area, you NEED Katie!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Working with Bubbly Events was the best decision we made when it came to choosing vendors for our wedding. Katie is incredibly kind, friendly, and great at her job. My husband and I got engaged December 2015 and decided to work with Katie in January. Since then, we met with her in person multiple times and she was always willing to talk via email, call or text. There were many times throughout the wedding planning process that people (vendors, parents, etc) would put their input in and although helpful, it can be overwhelming when you are dealing with pushy people. Katie had a wonderful way of knowing what I wanted and politely talking to vendors, parents, and others to help achieve it.
    Katie and her team were perfect the day of the event. They left nothing for us to do (even put the gifts in the car) and were constantly checking in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend working with Bubbly Events and I will be sure to contact them if i ever plan to host another party!

Sent on 02/07/2016