Bryon Rickard Catering Reviews

38 | Pelham, AL

38 Reviews for Bryon Rickard Catering

38 Bryon Rickard Catering Reviews

Patti · Married on 01/20/2018

Bryon did an excellent job at our couples shower. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Guests were very complimentary of the food and how beautifully the food was displayed. Bryon was easy to work with and helped us to chose the right foods to serve. I would highly recommend him for any event. He truly is a great caterer.

Jerica · Married on 10/14/2017

Delicious food and outstanding service!

Emily · Married on 06/17/2017

Bryon is amazing! The food at our wedding was delicious and everyone still talks about it. He was great at recommending different options to serve and was always available when we had a question. The food portions were huge for a wedding and the quality was even better. Bryon and his team were extremely professional wedding day. The set up for the food looked first class and his staff were so kind to the guest. Bryon made sure that we(bride and groom) ate and that people gave us space to eat, which we could never thank him enough for! We would choose Bryon again if given the choice!

Jennifer · Married on 04/08/2017

Bryon was wonderful! His food was excellent, his staff was friendly, he had everything prepared & ready to go for the rehearsal & our wedding reception. I would definitely use him again! Thank you Bryon & to your staff for all the hard work in helping being a part of making this day very special in every way!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Bryon Rickard Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed serving you and wish you blessings in the future. Chef B

Sally · Married on 03/25/2017

Chef Bryon and Bryon Rickard Catering was the perfect choice for our wedding reception meal! From the time we had our first phone call with Chef Bryon, we knew that he was the perfect fit! He helped us plan a delicious menu for our 600+ guests and allowed us to taste everything before hand. He treated me and my husband like we were celebrities, giving us a private meal time during our first few moments of marriage! Truly thankful that we chose Bryon Rickard Catering and will definitely be using his team for business events in the future!

Cindy · Married on 03/25/2017

This caterer is by far the best we have ever used for any event, wedding or otherwise. The food was exceptional. The price was lower than many lesser quality catering services we have used in the past for events. We highly recommend Bryon Rickard Catering.

• WhitneyYvonne

Whitney · Married on 01/21/2017

Wow what an amazing catering company!! Not only was the food delicious but Bryon and his staff are so willing to serve!! They really do know what it means to be in the service business!! And seriously the good was so amazing!! Everyone at our reception couldn't stop talking about it!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Bryon Rickard Catering's reply:

It was such a pleasure being part of your amazing day. Thanks for allowing us to share in the memory with you. I'll expect to hear from you again for a Baby Shower!! :) Best Wishes, -Chef Bryon

Julie · Married on 12/02/2016

Chef Bryon and his staff are fantastic. We originally used his services for a pre-wedding event. We were so delighted with everything that we decided to hire him for our main event. The food was phenomenal, the service and extra personal service was unexpected, thoughtful and greatly appreciated!

• User7445790 · 1+ year ago

I’ve never done this before so I wasn’t sure what to expect. What I did encounter was a caterer that really cares about what they do. I consider myself a Foodie and was skeptical about “wedding food” being worthy. I was proven wrong by Bryon Rickard Catering. Their food was presented so cleverly and everything was so delicious. We went with Rickard Catering based on a reference from a friend of mine that just raved about Chef Bryon. We used him for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception. He amazed us at both making sure the food menus were unique and creative. The thing I think I like the most was the level of service. They even plated food and served my grandfather who was not able to easily stand in line at the buffet. I was touched by that and realized that this guy has a real servants heart. This caterer is the real deal and worth whatever you have to pay to get him. Don’t settle!

• User7439855 · 1+ year ago

BRC is AMAZING!!! We first met at a coffee shop to discuss my wedding and chef Bryon was so relaxed and so personable it took all the pressure off. I felt like I was working with a friend, not a vendor. My mother and I shared our vision and chef Bryon asked all the right questions and really helped guide us to the perfect Catering plan.
    He really exceeded all expectations with the food and service. His food was beautifully presented and tasted like food from a high end restaurant. His staff is so courteous and willing to go the extra mile to please.
    We were so impressed with them that we have already booked them again for a holiday party!!
    BOOK THIS CATERER!!!!

DOROTHY · Married on 10/22/2016

I could not say enough positive things about Bryon and his crew. The food was a HUGE hit will all my wedding guest and trust me you will not find this quality and amount of food anywhere else for the price they do it for. They arrived on time, kept my guest happy, cleaned up and snuck right out without ever disrupting the ongoing party. I will definitely use them again in the future!

Trish · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding was held on a private family farm and we needed a caterer that could cover many facets of our event. Upon our first meeting with Bryon I knew he was the man for the job. He was very enthusiastic and willing to help meet all our needs. There wasn't an idea that was turned down... Everything was doable in his eyes. We custom built a menu to our liking and all the food was amazing and easy for people to eat. His staff was very friendly and attentive to the guest needs. For the quality and the value Bryon cant be beat. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing catering needs.

Kurt · Married on 09/03/2016

I do not understand any of the bad reviews on here. Frankly, I do not believe them, and, even more importantly as you look for your own wedding caterer, neither should you. I can only assume that those reviewers do not know how to make and spend within a budget, and, therefore, because they overspent on the wedding and did not have enough monetary gifts come in like they hoped (due to them being miserable people in the first place), they must be trying to extort extra cash from Bryon with their lying reviews.

Because the truth is this: if you are looking for a five-star caterer on a one-star budget, you are done with your search. You found Bryon Rickard Catering. Book Bryon now before it is too late.

BEST VALUE
    In my mind, the foundation of your entire catering decision is not the price. Is is the value, what you get versus what you pay. And, looking at the value, Bryon is simply the best. No other caterers even came close to the scrumptious food offered compared to what he charged. On top of that, every extraneous detail we wanted was never used an excuse to overcharge; Bryon worked to keep it all extremely affordable. If you receive a quote from Bryon and still believe you want a more economical option, I hope your guests enjoy their Subway BLTs.

AMAZING TASTE
    Bryon's food all tasted delicious. From the appetizers to the desserts, my taste buds watered almost as much as the guests' eyes when my bride walked down the aisle.

BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION
    Once the food is confirmed to taste great, presentation is just as important, and Bryon passed with flying colors in this regard. His spreads were equally as impressive on the groom's table as they were on the main table.

PLENTY OF FOOD
    No shortcuts by Bryon's team here. Bryon made more than enough food for all of the 300 guests, and nobody was left wanting at all.

PROFESSIONAL YET PERSONAL TOUCH
    Bryon set us up with an amazing personal table and left a wonderful gift basket.

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2016

I can't recommend Bryon enough! He is hands down my favorite out of all of my wedding vendors. He is extremely easy to work with and incredibly personable. In my experience, the wedding industry can be kind of stuffy and frankly, overpriced- but not with Bryon! He will completely take away the burden and stress of worrying about food. He and his staff will show up and do whatever needs to be done! There is no need to hand hold him or stay on top of him to get what you need. He works very hard and truly aims to please. He is super easy to reach via email, text or phone.

His prices are very reasonable and he will work with you on it. Also, his price per head includes everything (cake cutting, bar service if needed, plates, cups, tip, etc). And of course, the food is phenomenal and he truly loves food! He gets excited every time he describes what goes into each dish.

I decided to use him for my rehearsal dinner as well as my wedding because no other cater compares to his level of service for such a great price. Worth every penny! You will be very happy!

Give him a call! He is fun to talk to!

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 07/02/2016

We met Chef Bryon at the August wedding show in Birmingham. We already had a date and a venue when we met him. Within one month, we had a tasting set up in a very professional way. Since we had encountered other venues/caterers before getting to this point, I was thrilled to have a tasting. Most of the others we had contacted did not make a tasting available. This was a huge red flag!! Chef Bryon even served us in stages at our tasting!!! IMPRESSIVE!!!
    My daughter had specifics of what she wanted and he met every single request. We signed the contract that night. We had an original number of guests that we were expecting but had to change it due to an overwhelming RSVP response. When discussing the change with him, he was very reassuring, confident, and professional. We changed our number by about 60 and he was very reassuring that we would NOT run out of food. My daughter also had a specific setup she wanted for the food and he was willing to work with what she wanted even though it was not what was easiest for him and his staff. He provided the bartender, cake cutters, and clean up crew. The menu was PERFECT and exactly what the bride and groom wanted - Biscuit Bar with meats, jellies, jams; Chicken and Waffle sliders; Shrimp/Grits; Macaroni and Cheese; Mini Quiche; and much more!!! It was a southern comfort food delight!!! He responded to my emails, texts, and phone calls and was extremely easy to deal with.

On a side note: My daughter and her now husband had been to a wedding in May where they served a Biscuit Bar (NOT served by Chef Bryon). I reached out to Chef Bryon with her concerns that the biscuits not be hard when served. He assured me that the biscuits would be moist and perfect --- AND THEY WERE!!! My husband and I would LOVE to have his recipe because the biscuits were top-notch for sure!!!

Chef Bryon knows what he is doing!!! Thanks for helping make our perfect day even more perfect!!!

Bryon was so easy to work with! He had a lot of great food ideas and helped me customize my menu until it was exactly what I wanted! Bryon's team was amazing and the food at the reception was both beautiful and delicious! I would highly recommend his services!

Sue · Married on 07/25/2015

Bryon Rickard was a delight to work with during our daughter's wedding. He is very friendly and made sure I was taken care of at the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception. His food was great for both events. Bryon met with us before we decided to use him at his kitchen for a food tasting. He had us taste each item and went over a menu for the reception. Our son-in-law liked him so much, he recommended him to his parents for the Rehearsal Dinner. Highly recommend Bryon for your event!

Natasha · Married on 05/30/2015

Bryon is THE caterer to have at your event. He was so easy to work with and I felt very comfortable with him from the moment we began working together. As a bride, it is easy (very easy) to get stressed out about the food because you know the food is one of the most important parts of the reception. Bryon is an amazing chef. EVERYTHING tasted amazing. He designed our menu to have variety, taste, and beauty. Everything was delicious and looked great on the buffet table. He was fun to work with, quick to answer emails/messages, and handled every detail with professionalism. I didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to the catering on the big day. He follows up with you throughout the event process and makes sure you are good with everything. I wouldn't have any other caterer for any event. He is THE ONE to book!

Anna · Married on 05/23/2015

Bryon and his team did a great job catering my wedding and my guests absolutely loved the food! The price was great with excellent menu options. They were flexible, gave us undivided attention, and were happy to help us an any way they could. I would absolutely recommend Bryon Rickard to a friend!

Rainie · Married on 05/16/2015

Bryon and his team were absolutely wonderful to work with! He is easily accessible via text, email, and phone, and prompt in his response time. Amazing food that our wedding guests (200) continue to rave about. (plus, affordable!) He was open to ideas and had great suggestions in food and drinks. He and his team handled everything! They provided tables and linens for their setup, prepared and served all food, provided bar tenders, cut the cake, took out the trash, and much more. They left a clean venue behind as well. I can't recommend them enough. We loved them!

Shawna · Married on 04/04/2015

Chef Bryon is extremely flexible and texts which is so much easier for a busy bride trying to plan everything all alone. The servers were sweet and attentive. The food was so great that I had bridesmaids fighting over the leftovers!! The bacon Mac n Cheese and raspberry lemonade are absolutely fantastic! Two thumbs way up for Bryon Rickard Catering!

Linda · Married on 03/28/2015

I had an incredible experience with Chef Bryon and his staff at my wedding this past weekend. Not once did I have to look over my shoulder to make sure everything was being taken care of. The food was even better than at the tasting. I found the menu to be creative, attractive and very delicious. My guests were impressed and many asked for cards. The shooter desserts were incredibly clever. My husband loved having them on his very own table. I’ll use him again and again.

The food was terrific! The caterer went above and beyond to accommodate a lot of guests that weren't planned for. They were gracious in a very unorganized environment doing their best to please. The Sweet Potato/Sausage Skewers were the bomb! I was amazed at the personal service with each and every guest. I would highly recommend this caterer for your next event. I have already booked them for my upcoming wedding in the fall.

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2014

Great service! Tons of menu options to choose from and the food is amazing. Very affordable and flexible. Would definitely recommend, you will not be disappointed with the great food and service!

Madison · Married on 04/26/2014

Words cannot explain how amazing Mr.Rickard is. His food is exceptional. He met me where it was convenient for ME. He TEXTS. which is rare to find with any vendor!!
    His promise to me was that my big day would be all about me and he would take care of everything. And he followed through 100%. I had NO worries about the catering that day. He even helped decorate my cake table. He also packed us a bride and groom basket filled with our favorite goodies and he made sure I sat down and had a chance to eat!!
    We hired him for my bridal shower as well and my guests were blown away. His presentation and care that goes into his work is phenomenal. He is a genuine person that actually cares about his clients and his work. 5 stars. Would not have chosen anyone else and we intend on using him in the future for his private dinner events.