Bryan George Music Reviews

Bryan George Music 5
Bryan George Music 6
Bryan George Music 7

Copeland · Married on 12/09/2017

Bryan was excellent to work with throughout our wedding planning process, and he exceeded expectations on our wedding day! Bryan was professional, responsive, and he paid attention to every detail. He put together a perfectly-ordered playlist based on our requests for open dancing, and the dance floor was full throughout the entire night! I highly recommend Bryan George Music.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Jeffrey · Married on 10/14/2017

Like everyone else has said--working with Bryan George Music was amazing. Unlike some of the other DJ's we met with in planning, Bryan George Music really understood who we were. Bryan was never pushy and we were super impressed with his professionalism through the entire process. This was the first time my husband and I have ever worked with a professional DJ before, so we really had no idea what the process or timelines should look like. Bryan and his team were great, providing education when needed, coaching us through each of the steps, yet also being incredibly patient to allow us to work on our timeline.

Wedding Details: Gay wedding with outdoor ceremony and reception, indoor seated dinner. Total guests: 94

On the actual day of the wedding, Ray arrived exactly on time and was cool, calm, collected and professional--exactly what we needed! He set up quickly and actively participated in the dry run of the evening, he even somehow collaborated with my husband to surprise me with a special song!

Doing an outdoor wedding in an urban environment could be challenging, but Ray set up the system perfectly. The speakers filled the area, and the wireless mics picked up every part of the ceremony. That special music my husband sang for me was one of the best-balanced audio setups I've heard in a long time--so much so that many of the guests thought it was a recording at first!

When we moved indoors for the dinner and toast, Ray had another great setup which balanced perfectly in the room--loud enough everyone could hear music, but quiet enough even those with hearing aids could have quiet conversations. Ray was present but unobtrusive, allowing him to actively help move the evening along while always be in the background.

We cannot thank Ray and Bryan George Music enough for helping to make our wedding an incredible day in our lives! We wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Bryan George Music 8
    Bryan George Music 9
    Bryan George Music 10
    Bryan George Music 11

Bryan George Music's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! You were a pleasure to work with and it's really an honor to have been entrusted in playing a role in your special day. Best of luck with everything! Sincerely, Ray & Bryan

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2017

Bryan George did an absolutely spectacular job with our wedding! Bryan was wonderful to work with from the very first contact. We spoke on the phone to get a sense for his style and approach, and once we hired him, he was extremely responsive and answered our questions within a day or two. He was detail oriented and really helped us plan out the schedule for our reception based on his extensive experience. The day of the wedding, Bryan did everything exactly the way we had discussed, and our reception was a blast. People were up and dancing all night and commented afterwards how much fun it was and that the music was wonderful. We were lucky enough to work with Bryan directly, and I would highly recommend him to anyone for any event. If you want a fun party and an experienced DJ, he is your guy!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Daniel · Married on 09/16/2017

Bryan was an amazing DJ, a pleasure to work with, and the most helpful person we could have asked for during the entire process. From the very beginning, all the way up to the week of the wedding, Bryan was always available to help us plan the entire wedding soundtrack. He was even better the day of. Our wedding was 90 minutes outside of DC, and he still arrived with plenty of time to spare to set up. He prepared a great mix for cocktail hour and once the party really started, Bryan kept all our guests on the dance floor for over five hours. Seriously, the dance floor was never empty for five hours. We could not be happier with Bryan’s services, his professionalism, and his overall great attitude that truly separates him from other DJs. My wife and I would recommend him to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

We've deejayed a countless number of weddings, but I don't ever remember one with so much dance time (over 5 hours!!). What a party!! Thank you for the kind words - the pleasure was all mine.

Brock · Married on 09/03/2017

Bryan was great. He worked with us from start to finish and made it a great evening. I strongly recommend him!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Bryan was the DJ at our wedding on August 5, 2017 and he was nothing short of fabulous. More than anything else, we were intent on having a fun celebration where people danced all night. Aside from our first dance, mother/son, and father/daughter dances, we left the music selections to Bryan and he did not disappoint. In the month since the wedding, people have continued to comment to us that they have never attended a wedding where the dance floor was packed all night long--everyone had fun. Bryan read the crowd well and picked songs that kept the party lively until the very end. Our nieces, our friends, and our older relatives all felt like the music was chosen just for them.

Not only was Bryan great at the wedding, however, he was also instrumental in setting up the most perfect party. He was incredibly responsive via email and, when asked for input on the flow of the night, he provided excellent feedback based on his experience. He helped set the timeline for the night, which helped with the flow of the evening and maximized time for dancing. Bryan was exceptionally professional and helpful in every way he could be. We were grateful that Bryan also provided uplighting in our venue so we did not have to hire an additional vendor. Hiring Bryan was an outstanding decision and we cannot thank him enough for helping to create the most memorable party.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Erin, thank you for the kind words! You guys had an amazing group of guests - I had a blast! Take care!

Caitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Bryan was great! The online interface to plan the wedding ceremony and reception were easy to use. He also had multiple pages of song recommendation to help you get inspired. Bryan was extremely responsive and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. The music at our wedding was FANTASTIC! All of our must plays were heard. Everyone was up and dancing the entire time. It was hard to sit down to take a break because each song that was played was a jam! We requested that only clean versions of songs be played due to the ages of some of our guests, and Bryan complied. Everything went off without any problems. All names were pronounced correctly. The timing off all of the songs during the ceremony were on point. Bryan even cut songs and faded them out exactly when my husband and I wanted. Bryan also provided uplighting for our event in an amber color. It was beautiful and really helped with the overall feel of the decor for the wedding. I would highly recommend Bryan to everyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Caitlin, you and Ryan were an absolute pleasure to work with! And your crowd was great! I had an amazing time being a part of your wedding. Best of luck with everything!!

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Bryan was a fantastic DJ for our wedding. We were very nervous about picking the right DJ, as the DJ can really make or break a wedding reception! Bryan was very attentive, professional, responsive, and respectful. He made some great suggestions that improved the overall flow of the ceremony/reception. The day of the wedding, he was very unobtrusive; his introductions and announcements were perfect and were not over the top. His music selection was great; the dance floor was packed and full of energy through the whole reception (many of our our guests sent along compliments for Bryan as well!). Overall, we would definitely recommend Bryan George and were very happy with our choice of DJ!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Michael · Married on 06/04/2017

Bryan did an awesome job DJing our wedding. He was communicative and receptive to our ideas and questions from the start and helped balance our enthusiasm with his experience for how to get the most out of our reception. He was extremely reliable and professional and I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Pedro · Married on 04/22/2017

What a wonderful wedding party that made so memorable by Ramses, Bryan George music DJ.
    Over a five hour period, Ramses provided our guests a trip down memory lane with music sounds from the 60s to our current era. We have received so many compliments from our guests who loved the dance music. We deeply appreciated Ramses attention to our music requests and his professional service. Their service from start to finish demonstrates excellent customer support and attention to client needs.

We highly recommend Ramses and Bryan George Music for future events; he will make your gathering a memorable time for everyone.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Thanks for lettings us know Pedro! We're happy you're happy :) Ramses is the best!

Erin · Married on 03/18/2017

Bryan helped plan our reception and also DJd the evening of, as well as did the uplighting in the ballroom. What can I say other than he was exceptional? I gave him a lot of liberty to play what he felt was good in the moment, he incorporated my must play songs seamlessly, and he kept the dancing going ALL NIGHT with a group of people I never expected to dance. He coordinated all the speeches and special events in the evening and made our day so special. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Hi Erin! Thanks so much for the kind words. It was an honor to play a part in your wedding day, and you all were a pleasure to work with!

I recently was married in Frederick, MD on New Year's Eve. I originally wanted a band for the event but I couldn't find anything that didn't cost an arm and a leg :-) Bryan George Music was the next best choice. He DJ'd our friend's wedding a few years back so we knew he was great from the beginning!
    Throughout the planning phase, he was always responsive and very helpful. I have a very specific taste in music and came prepared with a list of songs that I wanted to play (100+ songs). Bryan very professionally and politely explained to me why some of my choices weren't best for the overall crowd as they wouldn't promote a dancing environment :-) I'm a tough person to convince but he definitely explained to me why my choices wouldn't work. Basically, he knows what he is doing and wanted to make sure my guests enjoyed themselves. Which was very important becuase our reception ran from 8:00 - 12:30 am! Bryan's music choices were great and kept everyone entertained throughout the night.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/19/2016

Amazing! Bryan walked me through the entire thing. I didn't have a wedding planner or anything so I wasn't exactly sure on what wedding receptions timelines were suppose to look like and he 100% made everything smooth transition from the beginning to end. We did not have Bryan DJ our wedding but we had Ramses (pretty sure that was his name) DJ our wedding. Bryan runs a really well tailored business. He responds immediately to emails, takes time to call you to get extra details and is there with you the entire way. You don't have to worry about any details falling through the cracks with him! HIGHLY recommend him! Also, everyone raved about the music Ramses played (based off of my music selection) and I was a little picky about what I wanted played. It was the perfect mix of old and new music for my mixed age group of guests!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Thank you Jessica! The pleasure was all ours!

DJ Bryan is AWESOME!! Our November 2016 wedding went off without a hitch, and we really have Bryan to thank for that. He worked with us to perfectly execute our vision and made sure the whole evening came together seamlessly. He's also just a pleasure to work with and has great taste in music--every song was better than the last, and all our guests, young and old, had a blast on the dance floor! Thanks, Bryan!!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

Bryan was the perfect DJ and uplighting provider for our 150-ish guest wedding at the Old Ebbitt Grill. The atrium at Old Ebbitt has tough acoustics, and we wanted someone who was experienced with that venue and could pull it off. Bryan knew exactly how to set up the room so the sound would be flawless. Also, his company provided uplighting as the atrium gets dark when the sun goes down; the lighting was perfect and a real value!

During the planning process, Bryan was patient and meticulous. He explained his approach and how he would read the crowd, and he did just that. He also offered helpful suggestions on our must play list -- one of the songs had lyrics we didn't realize were so offputting, so we happily cut it from our list. He was helpful but not overbearing. He also had a great method for toasts where each toast giver introduced the next person; that went flawlessly and saved time, and everyone was prepared. If you want a DJ that keeps your guests dancing all night but is not in your face and isn't over the top, go with Bryan!! He kept the party going all night and was amazing at reading the crowd. Thanks again, Bryan!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Maya · Married on 10/29/2016

We found Bryan George Music through our wedding venue (Rock Creek Mansion) and we’re so glad we did. We filled out very thorough online forms and had a phone consultation with Bryan George a few weeks before the wedding. We were having a Halloween wedding and don’t really like the popular music played on the radio, so our list of “play” and “do not play” was pretty specific. We were assigned DJ Craig and he was awesome! The sound quality was excellent and he understood our musical preferences very well. We loved the jazz standards he played during the cocktail and dinner times, and he did a great job of mixing the Halloween music with other danceable music. One thing that we really liked is that he kept the commentary to a minimum (except for necessary announcements) - he just let the music flow! We got a lot of compliments on the music from our guests and we would highly recommend Bryan George Music as a DJ for any event!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2016

Bryan was the DJ for our fall wedding in Bethesda this past weekend. Due to the size of our reception venue, we were unable to have a band, but we knew we made a great choice from the moment we booked Bryan online. He was friendly and accommodating through the entire planning process, providing suggestions for our song list and making sure we got all of our favorites in his rotation. He happened to have worked with our caterers several times before, so he was able to coordinate with them to make the reception flow seamlessly, and provided suggestions on how to tweak our reception plan based on his experience with our venue. Our guests did NOT stop dancing--we all had a blast and were sorry to see 9:30 PM roll around for the last dance!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Matt · Married on 10/15/2016

Bryan George Music is outstanding. We highly recommend them for any wedding.
    From the initial stages of wedding planning through the end of the reception, Bryan George Music provided an exceptional experience. Bryan’s responsiveness and flexibility made for any easy, convenient setup. He clearly understood our approach and theme for the wedding and made sure everything came through.

Our DJ, Ramses, could not have been better. From showing up early to help coordinate with the event staff to setting up equipment on two floor to keeping the mood and tone of the wedding going with the exact music we wanted to hear – Ramses was all around excellent. Thanks to him, the dance floor was non-stop full throughout the reception.

The fact that our guests continue to complement the music is a testament to Bryan George Music.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Tara · Married on 10/08/2016

Bryan was amazing, and patient, and had a very calming energy about him during all of the wedding madness. He listened to all of our requests and helped to make our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sam · Married on 10/08/2016

We booked Bryan George Music for our wedding. Our DJ, Christian, was great. We worked with Christian via email and over the phone to finalize our playlist. He even helped us track down some special songs and cut them together for our wedding. Christian did a good job keeping the dance floor full, MCing the evening when needed and keeping the energy going. He was humble and as a result, great to work with. He was willing to step up and help with the microphone or step aside, it was really up to us. He was a true professional. He even made sure to get name pronunciations correct and also, always got the appropriate introductions. He is clearly skilled at running events and avoiding any sensitivities your family may have. He even indulged our guests with several extra songs that were past our ending hour.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Bryan George Music's reply:

Thanks so much for your feedback Sam. It was our pleasure! Best of luck with everything!

Lindsay · Married on 09/24/2016

Bryan George Music is the best!! We hired the string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour music, and DJ services for our wedding reception. The string quartet musicians were amazing, and performed all of the songs we wanted beautifully. Our DJ, Ray, called us the week before the wedding to discuss music, which we appreciated. Bryan was also very accommodating when we realized we would need a microphone and speakers for our outdoor ceremony, two days before the wedding. He was able to send out someone to provide sound, without charging the ridiculous fee our venue would have! Overall highly recommended.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Bryan George Music was incredible to work with from beginning to end. Bryan himself DJed for our wedding. He was punctual, polite, and very professional. He kept our guests dancing until the end of the night! He also supplied uplighting for our reception and a sound system for our ceremony/cocktail hour which added an extra special touch of ambiance. I highly recommend Bryan and his company!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Christina · Married on 09/04/2016

We chose Bryan George after hearing him at another friend's wedding and are so happy we did! Bryan is extremely professional and organized and did an amazing job at our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Everyone raved about the music at the wedding and he kept to the timeline and made sure everything was on track. If you are looking for an amazing DJ who will work with your musical vision Bryan is your guy!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Chris · Married on 08/13/2016

When it came to selecting a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I went through quite a few different options. Having owned a small DJ business in the past, I had a decent idea of what needed to go into our special day. Bryan made things exceptionally easy, from the planning phase through the end of the night. We made some adjustments on the fly, and he was able to switch gears with little to no effort to support our needs. I can’t even begin to count the amount of folks that made a point of telling me what a phenomenal job he did keeping the dance floor packed! His equipment is unobtrusive and powerful, handled our outdoor ceremony and large dinner area with ease. The lighting and main dance floor setup really rocked the house. Bryan George Music should be on every engaged couples’ list for their wedding!

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • Stephen

Stephen · Married on 07/30/2016

We didn’t realize just how much were getting - Bryan George was not only the music DJ. He also made all of the announcements and provided amplification for the ceremony officiant as well for speeches during the reception.

Bryan is also really nice - he has a very warm persona that came across both in his announcements, as well as just beforehand when we were planning with him.

For ceremony, cocktail hour and reception… He had lists of hundreds of great songs for each event at the wedding. We simply circled some songs we really liked and he took care of filling in the rest with other great music. We also had some very distinct ethnic music requests, which he was happy to purchase and play on our behalf such as Lebanese Dabke music.

He helped us come up with a full gameplan for the timing of reception events, but told us things never run on time but not to worry; he was completely adaptable when some events ran longer than expected and found a way to help get us back on track so that guests didn’t lose time on the dance floor!

So many of our guests told us after the wedding how much they loved the dance music. They also commented on the very classy music played at the cocktail hour - Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck ... Bryan knows his stuff!

We were extremely pleased with how our reception went, and we feel that huge credit for that is due to the phenomenal job by Bryan George. Thank you, Bryan! You made our day perfect!

Sent on 09/10/2016