Brown Sugar Custom Cakes Reviews

41 Reviews for Brown Sugar Custom Cakes

1 User photo

Brown Sugar Custom Cakes 1

Natalie · Married on 06/09/2018

Courtney was so amazing to work with! From hosting a tasting session to find the right flavor and icing to adjust our final order only a few days out due to a guest count increase, she went above and beyond for the perfect cake for our special day! My family and I happily enjoyed it for days following the wedding, and can't wait to dig into the top layer one year later when we celebrate our anniversary. I would highly recommend Courtney to any couple looking for a delicious and beautiful cake for their wedding.

THANK YOU, Courtney!
    -Natalie & Ryan

Sherri · Married on 10/17/2017

Courtney created the perfect wedding cake for us! During our taste testing, my husband and I loved everything we sampled! We couldn't decide which was our favorite, so Courtney made each layer a different flavor. It was absolutely delicious!

Brown Sugar Custom Cakes 2

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

We used Brown Sugar for our wedding on 8/19 and courtney did not disappoint! We are not from the area and we were unable to do a tasting, so we had no clue how our cupcakes would taste. Everyone from our wedding was raving about them and how delicious they were! We got the Oreo, peanut butter, and key lime and they were delicious. Every single one was ate and not one went to waste (we even made sure we ordered plenty extra). The presentation was perfect and service was great. Couldn't have asked for better Cupcakes! Thanks! My only regret was not saving our small cake! (We didn't get to eat much)!

• Jaime

Jaime · Married on 06/18/2017

Courtney is awesome! The cake was literally the most delicious cake I had ever tasted. My only regret is not being able to eat even more of it! :D She's super responsive to emails, and that white chocolate pound cake/salted caramel buttercream combo is to die for!

Samantha · Married on 11/26/2016

Beautiful cake! I ordered a two tier cake and small cupcakes in mason jars and they turned out beautifully. I showed her photos of what I wanted off Pinterest and everything was just perfect. I went to the tasting, which there was a fee, but if you book her that money is placed towards your balance. It is essentially free because you should use her! :)

KateLynn · Married on 11/12/2016

Courtney was super easy to work with and all of her flavors wer amazing it was hard to choose just one. She set it all up for us the day of and we were so thankful for her!

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

We planned our wedding from out-of town. Courtney was very accommodating when trying to fit us in for a cake tasting, as we only visited Beaufort once time prior to the wedding. We didn't really know what we wanted the cake to look like at the time of the tasting. Courtney did an amazing job at making suggestions and helping us to create the perfect cake. The cake was delivered on time and the appearance was exactly as we had discussed. The cake was also to die for! 5 stars all around. Great vendor!

Laura · Married on 11/07/2015

I loved the variety that Brown Sugar offered us. Courtney is so incredibly talented and she really worked with us to make our desserts special. We had a two tiered cake plus tons of mini mason jar "cupcakes." Everything was absolutely decadent. The bacon maple was so out of this world. I wanted to eat all of them just by myself. All of my guests were so impressed by the beauty and uniqueness of the cakes as well.

Stephanie · Married on 10/24/2015

So happy we went with Brown Sugar Custom Cakes for our wedding. From start to finish we enjoyed our cake tasting and even had difficulty picking which flavor we liked most. We opted to do alternating layers of chocolate and vanilla cake with salted caramel filling and buttercream frosting. I remember cutting into our cake on the wedding day and the first taste of the buttercream was amazing! Also a true statement to the quality of work was that when we mentioned who was proving our cake and the other vendor's provided rave reviews for Brown Sugar Custom Cakes. We will be ordering an anniversary cake next year so we can enjoy a fresh cake on our first anniversary!

Jordan · Married on 10/23/2015

We booked Brown Sugar at the last minute, after our original vendor fell through. Courtney was incredibly responsive & flexible. Don't know what we would have done without her!

Erica · Married on 10/10/2015

Courtney at Brown Sugar Custom Cakes came highly recommended! Every vendor we visited (florist, wedding planner, reception venue) raved about her cakes, so we just had to try her out! Because we had already booked our wedding cake vendor, we decided to contract her services for the Groom’s cake for the rehearsal dinner. My husband is a Michael Jackson fanatic, so it was only fitting that his cake be done in true MJ style. After talking with Courtney and communicating this vision, she outdid herself! She exceeded expectations by constructing the cake in the shape of Michael Jackson’s jacket from his Thriller video and hat and glove from the Smooth Criminal video. It was AMAZING!!!! The cake was delicious. We still had the hat when we returned home from the wedding. I expected the hat to be made out of fondant which I’m typically not a huge fan. All I know is that when I bit into that delicious goodness (the hat), I was pleasantly surprised to learn that underneath the frosting/fondant (whatever the beautiful creation that hat was made from) was a rice krispy treat. I was like a little kid in a candy store. Courtney was great, her creation was unmatched, and I’m happy that she’s states away so that I don’t have the opportunity to eat her wonderful treats on a regular basis! As a side note, she was also very professional, easy to work with, and always returned phone calls and emails swiftly. Definitely will use her services again when I return to Beaufort!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Brown Sugar Custom Cakes's reply:

Your review is just too sweet! I was so glad to do the groom's cake for you, and glad you enjoyed everything!

chelsea · Married on 10/02/2015

Delicious!! They made the best cake and cupcakes ever! We didn't even save the top of our cake for next year...we indulged after the wedding haha. The quality was definitely there and they were very helpful with making sure we had everything we needed for a beautiful display.

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2015

Brown Sugar delivered a beautiful and absolutely delicious cake for our daughter's wedding reception! It was exactly as we requested down to each little detail. They did a wonderful job and I highly recommend them!

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/12/2015

Our cutting cake and mini cupcakes were exactly what we wanted for out wedding – beautiful and delicious! The detail was amazing and everyone loved the flavors of the cupcakes. Easy to work with and schedule a tasting even while planning long distance. We would highly recommend Brown Sugar Custom Cakes for your wedding!

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2015

Brown Sugar Custom Cakes was great for my beach wedding! She designed my cake topper with ideas on how to theme it with my colors, and the mini cupcakes we had were a huge hit with our guests! The cake was so good, we ate it after our honeymoon, couldn't wait for the one year mark! Brown Sugar delivered right to my venue and had everything set up beautifully for my reception. Definitely recommend!

Abigail · Married on 10/26/2014

Courtney's cakes speak for themselves -- we had trouble picking because we enjoyed all that we tasted! Our only complaint is that everyone at the wedding enjoyed the cake so much that we didn't have much left to enjoy after the wedding! We wished we had ordered a bigger cake!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2014

Courtney is super talented and great to work with. As soon as I tasted her cake, I knew we had to book her. My vision for my bridal cake was very simple, but I wanted the inside to be a little different. We went with a lemon cake and raspberry filling. Omg, yum. My only regret is not eating more of it at the wedding! My husband, though, had to be difficult and have an intricate design as a nod to his military service. I don't know how she did it, but she replicated a Navy Surface Warfare pin perfectly. Plus, the cake was made of white chocolate pound cake and peanut butter cream. Again...I wanted to dive head first into it! Wedding cake is always dry to me, but Courtney's cakes are moist and not too sweet. She is simply the best in Beaufort!!!

Joan Day · Married on 07/19/2014

Your cakes are as tasty as they are beautiful! Thank you for paying such close attention to detail and helping us with Rachel and Todd's wedding.

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2014

Our wedding cake was amazing thanks to Courtney. Her professionalism, skill, and artistic eye were all deeply appreciated. We had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding cake. She was incredibly responsive and pleasant to work with from the early planning stage to the very end. Our cake was both beautiful and delicious and she arranged the fresh flowers exactly how we imaged. We highly recommended her and can’t wait to hire her again for a future celebration.

Stefanie · Married on 05/24/2014

I asked Courtney if she could create a Delorean cake (Back to the Future car) something which I did not think was going to be an easy task. Everyone was amazed with the result! It looked so great and tasted amazing. My husband was so excited and grateful. I would recommend Brown Sugar Custom Cakes to anyone looking for a specialty cake.

Molly · Married on 05/24/2014

I chose Brown Sugar Custom cakes based on the fantastic reviews I found while planning my destination wedding. They were on point!! Courtney was such a pleasure to work with during the whole planning process and we really enjoyed coming to her bakery for the cake tasting. We had a wedding cake and a grooms cake and they both turned out exactly as we hoped - the design and taste were amazing!! Thank you for helping making my wedding day wonderful!

Rebecca · Married on 05/19/2014

For our destination wedding - we chose Brown Sugar Custom Cakes. We decided to go with cupcakes instead of a cake and we're so happy with our choice! We had three delicious flavors that everyone raved about! We had a Monday wedding, and Brown Sugar is usually closed on Mondays. But she baked our cupcakes that morning and we were able to pick them up at her house so they were nice and fresh! Brown Sugar was easy to work with and we're so glad we found them!

Nina · Married on 09/21/2013

There were three things I was most excited about as far as the vendors for my Wedding. The photographer, the florist, and my baker! Courtney did an amazing job. She was flexible with us, My husband and I went to her shop and tried out everything even though I didn't need to because it was all delicious. We received so many compliments from the guests on the maple bacon cupcakes. I even asked Courtney to make a special Bride and Groom Togo cupcake plate so we could eat them on our honeymoon and boy did we, I think I ate all 6 of them within 2 days. I would totally suggest her services, and I would love to use her again for any event. Oh and she did this awesome peach ombre ruffled cake that I saw on Pinterest and it was just beautiful!

Joanna · Married on 09/14/2013

One word: DELICIOUS!
    I'm so glad I chose Brown Sugar to make my wedding cake. My cake was a white chocolate pound cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and a salted caramel drizzle. YUM!

Crystal · Married on 09/14/2013

Courtney I can't say thank you enough for going above and beyond for making my day so very special. Everything was picture perfect. The cake tasted awesome. My husband and I was worried because everyone was saying that fondant cakes had a unique taste. But you was correct it was wonderful and everyone loved it.