Brown Deer Golf Club Reviews

Coralville, IA
Rating 4.9 out of 5, 7 Reviews
View more information

Stephanie Married on 07/16/2016
    The Brown Deer was such a great venue. We had our ceremony at our church and the reception at the Brown Deer. The food was great and the look of the the venue was just what we wanted. Being that its on a golf course it also provides a great place for amazing pictures. Every time I contact someone prior to the wedding they responded right away and were accommodated all my requests. The day of the wedding they set up and the place looked perfect. I'm so glad I chose to have our reception at the Brown Deer.
  • User2499443 2+ years ago
    Great place for a wedding reception. The venue itself is beautiful with interesting architecture, stunning views, and a fantastic outdoor area for guests who want a break from dancing. What really made our wedding though was the excellent service we received both in planning and the day of the wedding. The staff was professional and flexible - helping to set up the sound system and even hand-washing my grandmother's platters that we used for desserts. Our coordinator, Katelynn, was also great to work with - professional, responsive, and upfront about all costs. When we were initially looking into reception venues we thought Brown Deer was more expensive than other Iowa City options, but after adding in linens, cake cutting, etc. we calculated that Brown Deer is similar to all of the other venues we visited, just more upfront about the cost. We highly recommend Brown Deer for any couple looking to have a beautiful and low-stress wedding.
    Renee Married on 09/20/2014
    Brown Deer was a beautiful setting for our rehearsal dinner! The venue is just breathtaking- especially during sunset, when we were there. We were in the banquet hall upstairs which has a porch that wraps around looking out onto the golf course. The food (which was actually from the Marriott I believe) was delicious and the service was great too!
    Erinn Married on 06/05/2008
    The reception space at Brown Deer is really beautiful. It features two walls of windows overlooking the course and a huge wrap around deck outside the space. The staff there is very helpful and friendly and the bartender remembered which specific wine I was drinking all night no matter who got my drink for me!
    Maria Married on 11/19/2011
    Brown Deer Golf Club was a little pricey, but I found them to be a wonderful service to assist us in planning our wedding reception. Our requests for 1) the cash bar to be set outside the reception room, in the lobby 2) an Italian soda station and 3) the stereo system to be able to be hooked up to a computer (as opposed to bringing in a hired DJ) were all perfectly met and required little to no hassles. I was overall extremely pleased to work with Brown Deer/Coralville Marriott hotel (its caterer).
    Julie Married on 09/03/2016
    Brown Deer offers probably the best view and sunset around. Well maintained space and Amazing food by the Marriott. They were very accommodating and let us set up early for the event which gave us a lot of piece of mind the day of our wedding. Our guests loved the venue, location and ease. The service staff was wonderful and easy to work with. Not the least expensive place, food and beverage added up but everyone was very pleased with the menu and drinks. They are familiar with most vendors which makes everything a smooth process. Clean up was also quick and easy. Wish we could do it all over again. I would pick Brown Deer the 2nd time around.
  • McKenna
    Mckenna Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful venue, little pricey

We used Brown Deer for our ceremony venue and it was GORGEOUS. Didn't have our reception here though because the inside venue space was too small and the food is catered through the Marriott and WAY out of our budget. But our outdoor wedding there went off without a hitch, and the staff was so great to work with.

Our only issue was that our day-of coordinator was slightly hard to reach. I couldn't get in contact with her the whole 2 weeks before our wedding and finally got a phone call the Thursday before we got married, and she didn't come to the site until an hour before the ceremony, but that was our only hiccup.

Also its good to know that it's a flat rate of $2000 to rent the event space regardless if you use it ALL day or just for the ceremony in the afternoon, but there were still golfers driving while our ceremony was happening so its not like you buy out the whole golf course. So ya, it was pricey, but I still think it was worth it to get the golf course's beauty, you can take pictures all over the course, and there's a built-in contingency ceremony space inside in case it rained!

Overall, very happy with this venue.