Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex Reviews

Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 7
  • Lithia

lithia Scarangello · Getting married on 04/24/2020

Toured venue

When I met with Rich and toured the venue he was very thorough and informative. I left feeling secure and confident that this was a no brainer and there was no need to search any further. I am very excited for my wedding day at the church!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Asia

Asia Buss · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Friendly and Professional service

Richard is very accommodating and goes above and beyond what other venues have offered. We can’t wait to celebrate our wedding next year in this beautiful location.

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Haley

Haley Morrison · Getting married on 09/27/2019

Incredible Tour of Brooklyn Arts Center

Rich was absolutely amazing from the very first phone call of inquiry about the Brooklyn Arts Center, through the tour of the venue, and is actively helping me prepare of my wedding that's happening very soon! The venue is gorgeous, but Rich really takes the time to make sure you fully envision what YOUR wedding will be like in his venue. We have booked both the Church and the Annex and I have no doubt that my wedding is going to be everything I could have ever wanted and dreamt for.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing historic church that is hands down one of the best venues in Wilmington

The Brooklyn Arts Center church is where we got married. We felt very welcomed there from the get go. Rich was very helpful and really took his time making sure we got the full tour and low down. We were sold from the very beginning and even my now husband was head over heels for it. He isn't very excited about much but he was PUMPED to book this venue. With his interest and mine I knew this was the place to be! Everyone could not stop talking about our wedding and still do to this day. It was the perfect space. The ceremony flipped to the reception went flawlessly. The only thing I did not like and the reason I didn't give excellent on all aspects was the way some of my wedding party was treated at the end of the night. They were pretty much shoved out. Right at 9:30, the end of our festivities, we were given no time to get our stuff gathered. When we booked we were told we had it until midnight, which did not prove to be the case. Other than the treatment to my family and friends at the end, the day could not have been ANY more perfect!!! I will always recommend the Brooklyn Arts Center!!!

Sent on 08/31/2019
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 8
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

When we were searching for wedding venues, we never imagined we would find one so wonderful. We owe so much to Rich, the director. He knows all the great vendors in the area and was always available and happy to answer questions and help with recommendations.

We had our ceremony and reception in the Church, and cocktail hour in the courtyard. The bridal party had the Manse next door to the Church for the entire day to get ready. It was fantastic. The Church is also set up to host concerts, so our band sounded amazing on stage! We got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, not to mention the great location in the Brooklyn Arts District in downtown Wilmington. We are beyond happy that we chose BAC for our special day. Thank you, Rich and BAC team!!!

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 13
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

Dream come true!

When we saw the pictures to this place we knew we had to see it. When we went to see it I wanted to hate it because the pictures are just like the venue! We fell in love with BAC from the moment we saw it. Rich showed us both locations and spoke to us about how it all works. We picked the church {and had our cocktail hour at the 1st fl of Annex}. Rich was awesome he met us and told exactly who we needed to hire as our vendors and man was he right, we got the dream team! Love this venue, loved getting ready at the house, tons of room 6 bm, 1 jr bm, 2 flower girls, 2 moms, and 1 sis in law. I had two hair dressers and 1 mua and we were all pretty comfortable. I recommend this place to everyone.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 14
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 15
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 16
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 17
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 18
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 03/30/2019

The Annex is a dream come true

From the moment we saw it we knew we'd get married at The Annex. Rich was warm and welcoming and spent hours with us showing us around and telling us about the history of the venue. It's a true Wilmington treasure and so beautiful and charming, and busting at the seams with love! The flexibility of having the space all day made getting ready and staying on track so easy. Whenever we'd ask a question about something we wanted to do Rich would say, "whatever you want, it's your special day!" Before our wedding we came by a few times with family and our coordinator and the doors were always open to us. We truly felt like royalty at The Annex. We even arrived extra early the morning of the wedding and had a special yoga class before things got started. Our guests can't stop saying what a lovely space it was. If you're looking for a charming, exquisite and intimate setting look no further.

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 19
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 20
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 21
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 22
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 23

Katy · Married on 01/12/2019

Beautiful venue

I toured a handful of venues in downtown Wilmington before make my last stop at the Annex and Brooklyn Art Center. As soon as I met Rich and saw the Annex, I knew that I had hit the jackpot. None of the other venues that I had seen brought forth the emotional connection and sentiment that I felt as I walked through the space. The Annex is a beautiful venue- it is an old Sunday schoolhouse that has been restored, with all of its historic charm still present. I will say that the main reason that I booked the Annex was because of Rich. His kindness, passion, and confidence was reassuring to us, as we were slightly lost with the whole wedding planning process. He took the time to not only explain the venue, but to give us tips and help us envision how our wedding day would be and the planning process. I did not receive that same treatment from most of the other venues that I visited. He gave us a list of his preferred vendors and it is evident that he built strong relationships with them. While speaking with my vendors while planning, all of them had great things to say about Rich and the Annex. We felt comfortable knowing how sure he was that our wedding day would be the best day ever and would run smoothly, and he was right. The whole day was perfect—he worked with my wedding planner to run the day smoothly. He has created a bridal suite that includes a kitchen for use up until the caterer arrives. He has a whole system in place for how it will be organized, and knows what layouts look best, etc. Most importantly though, he is so thoughtful and cares about his brides. I had to reschedule my wedding due to Hurricane Florence (my wedding was scheduled for the weekend after it hit), which I anticipated, given the amount of damage that Wilmington had. Rich called me promptly after he got to the venue and saw how much damage they had. He gave me a list of all of the new dates available for 2019, and with the help of my wedding planner, I was able to rebook for January with all of my vendors. Rich was kind, patient, and encouraging through the whole process. As I previously mentioned, our wedding day was perfect and I don’t think I could have found a better venue.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Bea Coffey · Married on 01/05/2019

Breathtaking

We recently had our wedding at the BAC! It was absolutely perfect! Everyone worked hard to make our day so special and it was beautiful! Rich is amazing and will make you feel so loved and so special on your wedding day. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone. I LOVED IT!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Love love love the Annex!!!

My husband and I knew we wanted to get married in the beautiful city of Wilmington. Specifically, we were looking for a venue that captured Wilmingtons beauty along with its unique culture. We toured several venues at the beach and downtown, but instantly fell in love with the Annex and it’s Director Rich. Within the first few minutes of speaking with Rich it was clear his intention was not to rack up the cost of an already expensive event, but to make sure our wedding day went as smooth as humanly possible. With The Annex we had a 15 hour time block, a bridal and grooms suite, as well as the freedom to bring in our own alcohol which was HUGE. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and Rich gives you the freedom to make your special day a dream come true. The vendors he partners with helped to ensure things went off without a hitch and everyone had an amazing time. Highly recommend the Annex and Brooklyn Arts Center!!!!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 24
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 25
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 26
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 27
  • Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 11/16/2018

Venue for the flexible wedding!

The BAC is absolutely stunning and they offer different venue spaces depending on your needs. What sold us about the BAC is that they were very upfront about all their policies and there is only one fee for the entire day rental. Many other venues in downtown Wilmington we saw set time parameters and if your event exceeds x amount of hours, they begin charging extra fees. Also Rich and the BAC allow you to bring your own beer and wine and if you get a liquor license from the state, then you can also serve spirits. We really appreciated this as many other venues had very strict and expensive parameters on what kind of alcohol, how much you can have and would charge you even if you have some guests that don't drink. We are also a Mexican couple that really loves and values our heritage so we extremely appreciated that since their only approved vendors don't have Mexican food packages - we were allowed to bring our own authentic Mexican food which was cooked by our parents and added such a special touch to our day. No other venues we looked at were nearly as understanding about how important our culture was to incorporate in our wedding day and it felt like everyone else was just trying to make the most money out of us instead of help us host our families to celebrate our love. Thanks BAC and Rich!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 28
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 29
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 30
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 31
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 32

Malari Himmeger · Married on 11/10/2018

Dream Wedding

Our wedding was last fall in The Annex. We had approximately 100 guests. It was the perfect size to give us the intimate feel we wanted and not be over crowded. There are two reasons we chose The Annex over many other venues in Wilmington. 1. The venue is historic and has a charm you can't find in most places. It's absolutely beautiful dressed up or down. It gave us the church feel we wanted without being in a church. 2. Rich. He's the most attentive person I know. If I wanted it, he wanted it. He cares 150% about his brides and that they get the day they want. He was always quick to reply to every question I had. He hosted multiple tours for me when family came to town and for my wedding planner. If you're looking for more than just a venue, this is the place to be. Rich makes this place. Our day was absolutely beautiful and every detail seemed to be perfect. We are still receiving compliments about our wedding. If I had to do this all over again, I would still choose The Annex, Rich and his team over all the other venues we visited in and around Wilmington!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Alexandria · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding

It so beautiful we adored the rustic vibe truly a dream and since our previous venue had got destroyed 2 weeks prior to our date
    The staff were so accommodating and helpful

Sent on 10/30/2018

giselle · Married on 06/16/2018

We had our perfect wedding here this June- Thanks Rich!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Lori · Married on 05/18/2018

If you want a “Downtown Wilmington Wedding” this is the place to be! Our daughter chose the Brooklyn Arts Center for her May 2018 wedding due to her love of what this venue had to offer, most importantly its historic beginnings of being a church and the beautiful renovation that showcased the vintage architecture. It was an outstanding experience and a day that our memories will never forget! Rich Leder (Executive Director) and Charyl Williams (Social Butterfly) promised it would be a beautiful, magical setting and they lived up to their word! The set up for the ceremony was perfect; we were able to highlight the religious significance of marriage as there was no doubt we were in a church! Then amazingly the transformation for reception and accommodations for a live band was above and beyond what we expected…the wow factor was there! Our desire to have “outdoor time” was planned around a courtyard cocktail hour, however the weather prediction was not in our favor. The thoughts of having a tent with fans was not exactly what we envisioned. Rich and Charyl came to the rescue and cocktail hour was moved to the Annex. It was an absolutely gorgeous place with the stained glass windows and beautiful woodwork! We were blessed to have had this whole venue! If possible, we highly recommend securing the Annex for cocktail hour, photos and extra room for event needs. We are grateful that BAC also included the “Bridal House”! To be able to have a low key bridesmaid gathering in such an accommodating and relaxing area sets this venue a notch above others! It was awesome to have a room specifically designed for hair and make-up artists, a large table for spreading out food and snacks and a refrigerator for drinks (especially mimosas). Wow, what a lovely place with every convenience! We were especially impressed with Rich Leder’s kind words, day of wedding advice actions that showed how much he cares about the bride's experience. Unique venue for a special wedding day!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Sue · Married on 04/21/2018

Our daughter and now son-in-law used the Annex for their wedding in April 2018. It was the perfect setting. As we lived out of state, the staff was responsive and helpful in every way as we helped with the planning. The staff covered every detail and made this wedding day stress free. What a beautiful experience!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2018

We're not even sure where to begin with the Brooklyn Arts Center - nothing but wedding greatness!!! Rich is by far the best wedding venue director in Wilmington, hands down. Super professional, responsive, and can answer any question. Highly, highly recommend the Brooklyn Arts Center for any event. He made our wedding day beyond special - he made it perfect. We had a night wedding at the BAC & it couldn't have been a more perfect choice - it's absolutely gorgeous at night with lit candles, so romantic!!! So magical. Thank you so much for making our day incredibly memorable. -Elizabeth & Harrison

Sent on 04/06/2018
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 33

Ashton · Married on 10/06/2017

Brooklyn Arts Center was the perfect place for our wedding! My husband and I have gone there for various events and always thought it was a beautiful space. We had spent so much time there over the years that when it came time to choose a venue, there was no question. We got married in the courtyard out back and had gorgeous weather and then had the reception inside. Not a lot of decor was needed because it’s already such a beautiful building. Rich Leder, the Executive Director of the Brooklyn Arts Center is wonderful to work with! We are so happy we chose the Brooklyn Arts Center for our venue!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/21/2017

3.5

A very beautiful venue and was such a great experience!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Carynne · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing venue, service and Rich is awesome. Just know you have to rent everything but he has incredible tips and pictures for you to go off of when planning. It was my dream wedding in an old church!! Remember to ask for your reimbursement if you didn't get charged for cleaning after the event, it takes a few weeks to get back!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Jordan · Married on 06/24/2017

There are not enough words for how amazing this venue is! I literally had the most beautiful wedding thanks to the staff at the BAC and the amazing venue! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you Rich for giving us the best service and making this the best day of our lives. We loved everything about the old Charm, vaulted ceilings, large windows (beautiful for pictures) and the carriage house that the girls used to get ready in the day of the wedding! You must get married here. Thank you again for everything BAC!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

4.2

Beautiful venue! We got so many compliments, as a lot of our guests were our of town guests and had never been to the venue before! It doesn't include any rentals or coordination, which is the only downside considering the price, but you do get a 16 hour rental plus the side house to get ready in. They allow you to use almost any vendor you wish, the owner is pretty flexible with out of town vendors with prior approval.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

The Brooklyn Arts Center is BEAUTIFUL. We loved the original church but after seeing the Annex, we fell in love with the more intimate space. Rich Leder, the owner, could not have been kinder or more helpful in helping us setting a date (not easy when you have a sick dad!) and making sure everything was perfect/organized/smooth on the day of the wedding. He even let us use the space in the church - with the gorgeous windows - to take pictures (as there was no event in that portion of the building that day), despite the fact that we were using the Annex and NOT the church. It was the PERFECT choice for our perfect day.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Kristina · Married on 11/12/2016

We toured the Annex when it was still under construction, and even though it was the first venue we toured, I knew from the first step in the doors that it could not be beat. Included in the venue is an amazing Bridal Suite downstairs where I was able to spend the morning getting ready with my girls at the venue. It was so nice to not have to run around the day of the wedding, and the setup was perfect for hair/makeup and mimosas! We had our ceremony upstairs with about 60 people standing against the gorgeous stained glass backdrop. Cocktail hour on the main floor was incredible. We hired an acoustic guitarist who played on the perfect wood stage. That, paired with a beautifully designed bar, ...I could have stayed at cocktail hour all night. We transitioned back upstairs for the reception and our guests were blown away with the transformation. Logistically, it was a breeze. I cannot tell you how convenient it was to have everything in the same location. If I could give this venue 10 stars I would. Amazing historical details and built in decor, perfect size for an intimate wedding, and RICH (who was a dream to work with!) We received compliments from everyone who attended the wedding, and for good reason. Absolutely perfect venue.

Sent on 12/06/2016