Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex Reviews

Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 5
Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 6
Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 7

Corey · Married on 05/19/2013

The venue was amazing! Richard made things so easy for us. We were able to have both the wedding and the reception here using the courtyard outside and then going inside for the reception. He gave us a list of vendors that he recommended to contact, and from that list we got almost all of our vendors!
    Having the manse for the day to get ready and relax before the ceremony was phenomenal! We were able to bring everything in, including lunch, and get dressed and ready without feeling rushed.
    I just can't say enough good things about our experience here!

Sent on 05/24/2013

I felt extremely welcomed as soon as I stepped foot into the Brooklyn Arts Center. The event coordinator, Richard, is the most precious man. He is extremely enthusiastic and is constantly saying how it's all about the bride. The BAC owns a house that you get to use for 12 hours, and it has the most beautiful interior. It is very vintage and antique like, which I love. The house is all yours. You get ready there, and they turn one room into a salon for you and your bridal party. However, the wedding and reception is hosted at the old church that has become renovated as the BAC. I personally did not like the inside of the church. It was very dark, and the floor was like a red clay color. However, it is a huge space that can accomodate many people which is nice. Personally, I realized that I had fallen in love with the house and how awesome Richard was; but when it came to the BAC as the place to hold my reception, it just wasn't for me. I think it is overpriced, you have to pay $3,000 to simply rent it. However, no decorations or tables or chairs are included. You have to completly decorate the venue yourself. This can get expensive quickly.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Heidi · Married on 11/11/2012

I love this place!!!! My husband and I went to a bridal show here and knew we needed to find out how to have our wedding there. It was amazing. The building is gorgeous, there was much needed for decor. Rich is amazing to deal with. He was always accommodating and easy to get in touch with. He was good to recommend all of our vendors making our evening a success as all of them worked so well together!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Shana · Married on 10/22/2011

Rich at Brooklyn Arts Center is AMAZING!! He really made my now husband and I feel like it was our, and only ours, day!! He made sure we were taken care of, that things were going well before the wedding, the day of the wedding and after the wedding!!

Sent on 05/30/2012

sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

Amazing place to have our reception. The atmosphere everything made for an amazing party.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Sue · Married on 04/21/2018

Our daughter and now son-in-law used the Annex for their wedding in April 2018. It was the perfect setting. As we lived out of state, the staff was responsive and helpful in every way as we helped with the planning. The staff covered every detail and made this wedding day stress free. What a beautiful experience!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Carynne · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing venue, service and Rich is awesome. Just know you have to rent everything but he has incredible tips and pictures for you to go off of when planning. It was my dream wedding in an old church!! Remember to ask for your reimbursement if you didn't get charged for cleaning after the event, it takes a few weeks to get back!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 08/30/2014

We could not have asked for a better venue or staff! Top notch professional in every way. We loved everything about this venue!! Cannot say enough great things!

Sent on 09/16/2014
  • Lithia

lithia Scarangello · Getting married on 04/24/2020

Toured venue

When I met with Rich and toured the venue he was very thorough and informative. I left feeling secure and confident that this was a no brainer and there was no need to search any further. I am very excited for my wedding day at the church!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Asha · Married on 09/17/2011

The absolute most gorgeous wedding venue in Wilmington... and maybe in the entire country! :) The owners did a fabulous job taking a rundown building and giving it new life. The preserved the history and made it modern, everything from the changeable lights to the draped ceiling... and that arch, WOW! It was the perfect backdrop to our vintage and timeless wedding. The only slight disadvantage is that you have to rent tables, chairs, linens, etc. But on the other hand, it is an empty shell that can changed to fit your individual style!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Kristin · Married on 09/21/2017

3.5

A very beautiful venue and was such a great experience!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/22/2014

My daughter had her wedding and reception here. It is a wonderful place for that. The wedding was beautiful and everything my daughter dreamed it would be. The only minuses of this venue is nothing is provided when you rent the. venue so you have to rent everything... Chairs, tables , dishes, utensils.... etc, and the venue is very popular so it makes it hard to have rehearsals as well as get everything cleaned up before you leave because there are people booked before you and after you. Overall this is a great venue.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Anna · Married on 10/24/2015

Brooklyn Arts Center is a beautiful venue with so much character and history. One of my favorite things about it, and one of the key reasons we chose it for our wedding, is that you get a huge amount of versatile space and you literally have full access to it all day long. There is an outdoor courtyard (where we had our ceremony), a huge indoor space that is perfect for a big reception, and a house next door where the wedding party can get ready. Most of the venues I looked at had very strict time constraints and would charge you by the hour if you went over your alotted time in any direction. But at the BAC the place is all yours literally ALL day. The only (very slight) drawback is that when you rent the space you are ONLY renting the space. In other words, you are responsible for renting outside chairs, tables, linens, etc. from an outside source. But this didn't prove to be much of a hurdle at all. When you rent the venue, you also get the priceless bonus of getting to work with Rich. Rich may be the nicest human being I have ever met and will do anything in his power to help make your wedding perfect. He is sincerely ecstatic to be a part of people's weddings, and it shows through his demeanor every time that you see him. We both have nothing but good things to say about this venue, and everyone who works there and is committed to making it run flawlessly.

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • Alejandra

Alejandra · Married on 11/16/2018

Venue for the flexible wedding!

The BAC is absolutely stunning and they offer different venue spaces depending on your needs. What sold us about the BAC is that they were very upfront about all their policies and there is only one fee for the entire day rental. Many other venues in downtown Wilmington we saw set time parameters and if your event exceeds x amount of hours, they begin charging extra fees. Also Rich and the BAC allow you to bring your own beer and wine and if you get a liquor license from the state, then you can also serve spirits. We really appreciated this as many other venues had very strict and expensive parameters on what kind of alcohol, how much you can have and would charge you even if you have some guests that don't drink. We are also a Mexican couple that really loves and values our heritage so we extremely appreciated that since their only approved vendors don't have Mexican food packages - we were allowed to bring our own authentic Mexican food which was cooked by our parents and added such a special touch to our day. No other venues we looked at were nearly as understanding about how important our culture was to incorporate in our wedding day and it felt like everyone else was just trying to make the most money out of us instead of help us host our families to celebrate our love. Thanks BAC and Rich!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 8
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 9
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 10
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 11
    Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 12

Alexandria · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding

It so beautiful we adored the rustic vibe truly a dream and since our previous venue had got destroyed 2 weeks prior to our date
    The staff were so accommodating and helpful

Sent on 10/30/2018

Emily · Married on 09/24/2011

I only had my ceremony there. It was a perfect compromise for my mom and I as she wanted a church and I wanted somewhere historic. The exposed brick is beautiful and the flowing ceiling fabric is very pretty. I am sure at night with the ceiling lit any color you want it is amazing. Rich was always very prompt to respond to any emails or phone calls.

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was my rehearsal. I had set this up a month or two in advance and when we got there, it was completely filled with chairs for another event. They did offer us the back up plan of practicing outside but I felt it would have been better for everyone to practice going up and down the stairs. Overall a beautiful venue!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Jenni · Married on 09/26/2015

4.2
      3.5
      3.0

Yes, this venue is amazing. The building and connecting house have been completely restored. The attention to detail is visually delightful. Rich, the manager and "key master" treats his brides like the princess of the castle. Love him for that. You do have to rent all the chairs, tables, linens, etc. but this allows you to personalize for the wedding. My daughters wedding was simply beautiful and the ambiance of this venue was the foundation for this memorable event. A big thank you to Rich Leder for your hard work and support.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

4.2

Beautiful venue! We got so many compliments, as a lot of our guests were our of town guests and had never been to the venue before! It doesn't include any rentals or coordination, which is the only downside considering the price, but you do get a 16 hour rental plus the side house to get ready in. They allow you to use almost any vendor you wish, the owner is pretty flexible with out of town vendors with prior approval.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

Make sure you can use the venue to your needs. Personnel was rude to my family and friends and talked down to them. They felt they knew more about what we needed than we did. While I did not hire who they thought I should have they stayed in the middle of my business. I explained to them I had experience in wedding planning but because I wasn't on their list I wasn't good enough. It took 7 weeks to get my deposit back. Nothing was broken or undone when I left that night. I asked before I left if anything else needed to be done. Nice building but the window sills and windows were dirty. Their view of cleaning was cleaning floor and bath rooms. No deep cleaning. I had to dust where the bride sat for pictures. I did like the fact that everything was in one place. The biggest thing is once I rent the building it should be mine. If I or my help is doing something wrong then tell me. We pulled up and unloaded ice on the back area and you would have thought the building had caught on fire. There was no sign that said you could not back up to the door to unload. Then the management thought they should meet my GUEST and tell us when to eat. NOTE nothing in the contract said they would be so involved in my event. I rented the building not their opinion. I would not rent from them again.

Sent on 08/06/2016