Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex Reviews

Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 5
Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 6
Brooklyn Arts Center and The Annex 7

April · Married on 04/23/2016

In addition to this venue being historic, spacious, and beautiful, its biggest asset is its event director, Rich Leder. He knows weddings and he knows how to get it done so that every couple has their perfect day. My husband and I visited several lovely venues in and around Wilmington, but as soon as we met Rich and visited the BAC, we knew it was perfect for us. I particularly enjoy that there are no time constraints for your event and that for weddings, the ladies have the entire first floor of the manse all day in which to get ready. And with its new annex, the BAC can now accommodate both large and small gatherings! The BAC is definitely worth checking out. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Jen · Married on 03/19/2016

This venue is amazing! So beautiful, the house is available for the bridal party to get ready. Their are multiple size spaces to accommodate different size events. Perfect setup if you are considering a band. The main area has a beautiful balcony overlooking the main area. Rich is the best, he really makes every bride and groom feel extra special.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/21/2015

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue for my wedding! BAC is absolutely gorgeous on its own but add some flowers, lights, and decor and the place transforms into any bride's fantasy venue. Rich was always very prompt and professional in my endless emails and questions; he even made a suggestion for my layout that made my wedding very unique! His motto is, "This is your perfect day!", and it absolutely was!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/13/2015

This is an amazing venue! Rich is extremely professional and helpful with everything I need. I couldn't ask for a better experience with a reception venue!

Sent on 09/06/2015
  • Lannin

Lannin · Married on 10/17/2015

Gorgeous venue and Rich is beyond amazing and helpful. It was the perfect place for our perfect wedding! The venue speaks for itself and the architecture and beauty of the building is in a category all by itself. It will fit any theme...whether you are the romantic bride with lots of flowers and soft colors, a modern bride with sleek lines and bold or no color, or my type of bride the rustic chic! With farm tables, burlap runners, and soft candle light...this is the venue for you! http://www.eventwire.com/vendors/cf23e5380e50425f/reviews/new

Sent on 03/10/2016

Anna · Married on 10/10/2015

We had the absolute best wedding at the BAC! The venue alone is gorgeous with the exposed brick and wood details. The owner, Rich, is a delight to work with. He made us feel so special from the moment we first met him and throughout the whole planning process. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Rich and the Brooklyn Arts Center! It is a great place to celebrate your wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Jason · Married on 10/10/2015

From the moment we walked into this beautiful venue, as well as meeting Rich for the first time, we knew that this was the perfect wedding venue for us. From day one, Rich made his venue into a place that felt like home. Him and his staff were committed to making our day one that we would never forget, and they accomplished that feat. BAC is absolutely beautiful, and they were able to accommodate any little details that we requested of them in order to make that space our own. All of our guests continue to rave about BAC as one of the best wedding venues they've ever seen, and we hope that Rich and his team continue the wonderful work that they do.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Crystal · Married on 08/01/2015

Absolutely blown away by the venue and by our wonderful wedding day. Rich is wonderful to work with and makes you feel as though the venue truly is YOURS for the day and that was a wonderful feeling. Rich was so open to all of our questions and responded quickly. BAC is a truly beautiful venue and we had such a wonderful wedding day! Thank You Rich!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Peiwen · Married on 07/31/2015

Rich was responsive and a pleasure to work with. He gave good recommendations on vendors before we had a planner, and provided good suggestions for the wedding. We chose BAC as the venue because we were able to have both the ceremony and reception in one place. Having the manse to get ready right next door was a big plus too. And most importantly, our two dogs were able to participate in the ceremony as flower girls.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Not only is this venue amazing but the staff is equally amazing. Richard makes sure you get everything you want!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Jenna · Married on 02/15/2015

This place is gorgeous! It was so nice to have a place to get ready on site. Rich made everything even better. He made sure our event was exactly as we wanted it. He even bought heaters since it was a rare super cold day!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Ken · Married on 02/15/2015

Rich went out of his way for us every step of the way. Our wedding was on the coldest day of the year in NC and Rich was doing everything in his power to include renting indoor heaters to make sure that the place was warm enough for us. Awesome venue!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Allison · Married on 10/12/2014

After an extensive search my husband and I fell in love with the BAC. The space has so many different unique features you can highlight. The unexpected beauty of the courtyard and the worlds most perfect aisle complete with a back porch to walk down was completed nicely with the blank gorgeous space of the church. We knew we could make our mark on it and make it uniquely ours. I also knew that if it happened to rain on my wedding day, the option of getting to say my vows up on the beautiful stage in the church was a mind setting back up plan. The third part of the amazing location is this gorgeous historical house that as a bride you get to get ready in with all of your friends and family. It also ment day of I was there overseeing the whole decorating process and enjoying qt with my girls. And then to top it off there is Richard. He is just wonderful. I will be completely honest and say I don't think anyone else during the whole wedding planning experience made me feel so much like a bride a Richard did. Right away he told me anything I wanted he would do his best to make it happen for me, throughout the whole process he came through completely on that promise. There is also a great team working with Richard who are equally as amazing. Artie helped with the heavy lifting decor work. Because of his exposure he had some awesome ideas of what to do with the spaces during the planning process. Susan upkeeps the beautiful landscaping of the property. She was there beautifying (and subsequently lowering my florist cost) throughout the process, even agreeing to my moms request of keeping the flower pots full of white flowers for our day. Overall the day of results were spectacular. The BAC was a perfect backdrop to make my wedding day completely magical. I wouldn't of wanted to get married anywhere else in the whole world, it was perfect. Word to the wise it books up fast so check it out asap if you're interested.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Mallory · Married on 10/05/2014

Rich at the Brooklyn Arts Center was amazing! From the first day we toured the venue to the day of the wedding! He answered every question we had promptly and was very helpful in suggesting other vendors to work with.
    He makes the bride feel like the center of the universe from the very beginning. Showers you with comliments and makes sure everything is running smoothly and the way you want it to. The best part about this venue is that it comes with a bridal suite right next door with a kitchen, bathroom, and plenty of space for even the biggest bridal party to get ready! There is also no time limits! We arrived at the bridal suite and 8 am and left the venue close to 1 am!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Joanna · Married on 08/23/2014

My husband and I got married at the Brooklyn Arts Center and had the most beautiful wedding! From the beginning to end Rich was wonderful to work with. The venue was full of character and offered things other venues would not ie. unlimited time limit, able to use your own vendors, provide your own alcohol. Our guests couldn't believe how beautiful the venue was and had the time of they're lives.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Emily · Married on 07/05/2014

This was the perfect place for us to get married because we could have everything in one location. We really didn't want to make our guests travel from location to location, and the BAC had enough space that it was possible to do the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same compound! Rich and Artie were awesome to work with and made our wedding day fabulous.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Briana · Married on 06/27/2014

Rich was amazing to work with... I couldn't imagine a better place to have gotten married

Sent on 07/01/2014

Kathryn · Married on 05/31/2014

The Brooklyn Arts Center is the most breathtaking venue I have ever seen. My fiancé and I knew it was the place for us when we first stepped through the door. It is beautiful, spacious and the location is perfect. The team there (especially Rich!) is AMAZING. Rich spent so much time with us answering all of our questions, promptly responded to any email I sent him and made me feel like I was his only bride (even though there were plenty more brides to worry about!) throughout the whole wedding planning process! I loved that my guests could stay in one place for the ceremony, cocktail hour & reception and we had the venue for as long as we wanted! You do not find that at other venues in Wilmington! We got to bring in our own rentals, food, decor - which is what made it special for us. I loved our venue and the crew here that made our dream wedding come true! Highly recommend the Brooklyn Arts Center!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Denver · Married on 05/17/2014

Rich was great to work with! The Brooklyn Arts Center is incredibly beautiful. We had so many compliments on it, including some extra picky guests about the acoustics of the venue. There's so much character to the BAC, yet so much left to personalize to make your wedding unique. I highly recommend a wedding at the BAC. Thanks for everything Rich. It was perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/12/2014

We couldn't have imagined a more amazing venue than the Brooklyn Arts Center! We have had so many comments from our guests saying how impressed they were with everything. And Rich is absolutely amazing! From day 1, he has been so helpful along the way. The day of he constantly checked in on me to make sure I was doing ok and I had everything I needed. He oversaw the complete set up of the reception and ceremony as well. There is also not a cut off time at the venue so we had the venue as long as we wanted! The house on site was my favorite. It is a huge space that allowed me and my bridal party to get ready in all day. We were able to bring in food and whatever drinks we wanted. It gave us a relaxed feel knowing that once we were there we did not have to leave all day. And it helped because it was Azalea weekend! I would definitely recommend this venue and Rich is the perfect person for the job. Everything was amazing and we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Sharon · Married on 04/12/2014

Rich and his staff were nothing short of perfect, they took care of everything. The venue was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding.

Sent on 04/21/2014

LOVE the BAC at St. Andrews. The venue is absolutely beautiful!! It's historic with exposed brick, large windows, and lots of dark wood. It was the perfect back drop for our wedding day. The venue is large enough to fit a large guest count, but small enough to make 70 people feel cozy. Also, the size was perfect because it allowed us flexibility when it rained on our big day. We were able to move everything inside without any problems and still had plenty of room. Rich and the BAC staff were all great! Can't wait to go back there for one of their many events!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Veronica · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband and I had been trying to figure out where to get married. When one of my coworkers told me about the BAC I thought...I'll check it out online. What I found was the PERFECT place to have a wedding. It has history, charm, romance, spirit and beauty all wrapped up in an amazing package. Richard is the director of the BAC and he knows everything you'll need, want, and hadn't even thought about. He made the whole experience at the BAC a wonderful one. If, or should I say "when" you choose the BAC, sit back, relax, and know you're in the best hands :)

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • F

forrest · Married on 08/24/2013

the venue is absolutely stunning. if you have any doubts, see rich.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 08/24/2013

Love every. little. thing about the BAC. The space itself is stunning and when filled with special details such as lighting and decor, can be shaped into a truly unique,amazing space that you cannot get anywhere else in town. Rich is one-of-a kind. He takes your wedding, your family, your overall day so seriously, it makes you feel extremely special as a bride.

Sent on 01/08/2014