Brooklake Country Club Reviews

Brooklake Country Club 3
Brooklake Country Club 4
Brooklake Country Club 5

lisa · Married on 06/17/2011

We had our fairy tale wedding at Brooklake Country Club. Everything was perfect. Peter and Maury made sure that the entire night ran smoothly and Stanley and Carol were always available to answer questions while planning the wedding.
    Our guests couldn't stop raving about the cocktail hour food, the selection of alcohol at the bar, and the beautiful view of the golf course.
    Our ceremony was supposed to be outside and ten minutes before the start time- there was a huge thunderstorm :( I was so nervous that the inside ceremony wouldn't be set up in time. To my pleasant surprise- the room was set up in less then ten minutes and it looked perfect.

I would recommend Brooklake Country Club to anyone that wants an elegant wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2011
  • W

Wenny · Married on 06/11/2011

We are so happy that we chose the Brooklake Country Club for our wedding ceremony and venue. Brooklake CC was the perfect place for what we wanted in our wedding that includes a great outdoor setting with very a professional and trustworthy staff. We had 200+ guests and the ballroom and cocktail area fit our guests comfortably. Unfortunately, we weren't able to have our ceremony outside due to the rain but my ceremony still looked beautiful with all those windows overlooking the golfcourse. The staff at Brooklake particularly Stanley, Carol, and Bea went above and beyond for us and our family. Stanley and Carol were responsive in all my questions and will do anything they can to make your wedding planning less stressful. They also fulfilled every request that my family and I had for our wedding. Bea is a wonderful bridal attendant and will do anything to fulfull your request and make sure that you enjoy your wedding. My tailor had added on a piece of detail to my dress that somehow came off during the ceremony and Bea was quick to get a staff member to sew the piece back on. My wedding was also a Saturday day time wedding and they never rushed us out to go on to the next event. My guests had a great time and we received many compliments about Brooklake. Hopefully I can return to Brookake as a guest.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Debra · Married on 04/16/2011

Brooklake CC made our wedding spectacular! They were very responsive and accommodating beforehand and on the day of the wedding they made sure that everything was perfect. The bridal attendant was great - she was very organized and made sure everything was just as it should be. I can honestly say that the people are Brooklake know how to do weddings - they are not cheap but you get a lot for your money!

Sent on 10/08/2011

Debbie · Married on 03/19/2011

Stanley and the Brooklake Country Club staff made our wedding a day we'll always look back on and cherish. From the moment we walked into Brooklake, we knew it was the perfect place to exchange our nuptials. From the main lobby area to the cocktail room to the ballroom, a feeling of comfort and wamth overwhelmed us. In planning our wedding, Stanley, Carol, and Peter were extremely organized, easy going, and accomodating. They were always in constant communication with us to ensure everything would be perfect for our special day. On the day of our wedding, we were welcomed as family, and walked into our bridal suite and groom's room filled with lunch and beverages for our wedding party. Our bridal attendant, Bea, was with us every step of the way and we couldn't be more appreciative. During our ceremony and reception, the Brooklake staff were extremely accomodating to all our guests and vendors. Stanley ensured that every aspect of our wedding was taken care of and ran smoothly, which it did. Cocktail hour was filled guests ooohhing and ahhhing over the food and presentation and the reception food was absolutely delicious and raved about by our guests! All of the servers were professional and accomodating to our guests and us. The staff constantly checked in on us to ensure we were enjoying our special day. We truly cannot thank the staff at Brooklake enough for all of their hard work and dedication to making our wedding a day we can look back on a remember forever.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Tara · Married on 10/29/2010

I absolutely loved the Brooklake! Great food and great service at a great price! I've gotten so many compliments on what a first class place it is!

Sent on 12/29/2010
  • JenniferC

Jennifer · Married on 09/11/2010

Brooklake Country Club was everything we were promised and then some! Our guests absolutely loved the food and raved about the service. We felt we were treated very well by the staff, especially Bea, our bridal attendant. She was the standout and took care of every detail, from putting together our rehearsal to making sure my husband and I always had a full drink. I absolutely loved her, she made the experience very enjoyable for us!

Everything went off without a hitch & we couldn't have been happier with our ceremony and reception!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Leah · Married on 07/10/2010

Brooklake was absolutley amazing. They provided us with non stop service from start to finish. Anything we wanted- they did. The price was very reasonable and Stanley was great to work with.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Michele · Married on 09/06/2008

They made this day the best it could have ever been! Everyone was super friendly and helpful. They took care of every detail, even ones I never would have thought of!!

Sent on 09/22/2008

Debra · Married on 08/01/2008

They were amazing! The whole staff, before the day and on the day, were
    incredibly helpful, attentive, cooperative, patient, understanding and treated
    us like family! They would go out of the their way to help us in anyway and
    made everything so easy and not once did we have to worry about anything.
    They made the wedding day go smoothly and we could not have been
    happier with our decision having our wedding at Brooklake!

Sent on 08/22/2008

Andrea · Married on 07/04/2008

We are very happy that we decided to book the Brooklake Country Club as the venue for our wedding. The place did such an outstanding job. Everything fell into place and the staff was amazing. From the panoramic views . . . to the food . . . to the lighting and atmosphere . . . everything turned out to be perfect. I wish we could do it all over again.

Sent on 07/22/2008

Ami · Married on 11/09/2014

Peter was absolutely amazing to work with. He was so quick to answer all emails and phone calls (we definitely had a lot of communication). He was patient with us and did everything he could to make our day beautiful! We had two amazing ceremonies (one in the grand ballroom and the other in the waterfords restaurant). They were nothing short of perfection. The views were breath taking and the service was perfect (not only for our guests but also for us). Thank you Brooklake for a day we will never forget!!

Sent on 11/17/2014

sonia · Married on 05/26/2012

Great venue! We received a ton of compliments on the food and how beautiful the venue was. Stanley was amazing to work with, very responsive and always ready to answer our questions!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Christa · Married on 07/24/2010

I got married at the Brooklake in July. It was a wonderful day! I worked with Stanley and he made sure everything was perfect for my special day! He would periodically check in at my reception to make sure everything was running smoothly. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! I had read a few reviews about the bridal attendant which made me nervous, however she also did an amazing job. I didn't find her bossy or pushy at all. She was there at every step of the way to make sure I was enjoying myself. She got my everything I needed and wanted. My only complaint was the floor manager Phil. I felt he wasn't polished very nicely considering the way the other staff members looked and he set one of our tables wrong. In fact, it was the bridal attendant that made sure my guest got a dinner and not Phil (despite me telling him). My husband and I hope we can go to the Brooklake again as a guest to really enjoy everything!

Sent on 08/13/2010

Diana · Married on 07/10/2009

The Brooklake CC was amazing! The day of the wedding the venue looked gorgeous and they were attentive to everything that I wanted. The food was also great! Dealing with Carol was wonderful as was Stanley who booked the wedding. I would've given the Brooklake a 5 for everything had it not been for the Bridal Attendant who managed to be the only person to give me grief the day of my wedding. I highly recommend the Brooklake Country Club

Sent on 08/05/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2010

3.5

My husband and I were married at the beautiful Brooklake in June. It was absolutely amazing. Michael is fantastic!!! It was everything I pictured and more for our June wedding and outdoor ceremony. The only negative comment I have is also about the bridal attendant. I agree with the previous bride's review. She is extremely bossy and kept coming to me with various issues and problems. It was definitely not something that ruined the night, but certainly could have done without. Otherwise I give Michael and the Brooklake a 5/5.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Christopher · Married on 10/16/2016

Working with Peter was a pleasure; no detail was omitted. Outdoor patio is amazing and adds the extra value for our cocktail hour.

Sent on 10/31/2016

The wedding was absolutely beautiful thank in large part to the fantastic setting of BCC. The food was fantastic and the lay out of the room is fabulous. Everyone was helpful and truly wanted to make the day special. I wouldnt hesitate the recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful venue in Northern NJ!

Sent on 08/23/2013
  • ARodrigues

ana · Married on 08/21/2010

This was an amazing day! My Guests were in awe f how perfect everything was. I was also actually able to enjoy the wedding. There is only one complaint. The bridal assistant i had that day was very very pushy and she was the only reason why i couldnt enjoy the day more. SHe would follow me everywhere and as i was gretting guests at there table she would tell me i would have to leave to go eat. If i'm paying all that money i should be able to do as i wanted. When it was time for cocktail hour i wanted to mingle with guests and she sat us in a room alone and seperate from everyone else. Other than that the location is breathtaking, food was scrumptious.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

3.5

The Country Club is a little old school but Peter, the General Manager is a sweetheart. They are much better in-person than over email and phone. The food was great and the venue was gorgeous and clean. It was more modern than most of the venues we visited.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Alyssa · Married on 03/22/2009

4.2

I was overall happy with them. There was a slight hiccup when they gave me a different menu to choose from than I was given the year before, but as soon as I asked, they had no problem changing it. The entire day went off without a hitch. We had the ceremoy and reception there. If anything went wrong, I certainly had no idea.

Sent on 11/13/2009

Dana · Married on 09/23/2006

4.2
      3.0

The Brooklake Country Club was absolutely beautiful! The service was wonderful, everything from the bar staff to the waiters for each table, and I especially enjoyed having a woman assigned to me all night to make sure I had a drink at all times and that I took a minute to eat. They put on a very elegant wedding. Our only issue was that after paying a somewhat expensive bill which included a 20% gratuity, the maitre d expected quite a lot more than the additional tip we gave him. It left an awkward feeling at the end of our amazing night.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Jody · Married on 09/25/2009

3.0
      3.5

We just had our wedding at the Brooklake Country Club. Everything came together great. The place was wonderful, the food was great, and everyone had a great time. Carol, Stanley, and Phil were fantastic to work with. The only problem I had was with the Bridal Attendant. She felt as if it was her job to order me around the entire night and put a huge damper on the night. If it wasn't for her, I would have rated them with a perfect score. She was the worst part about our entire wedding. The were also a little picky about where we were allowed to take pictures, however the entire place is georgous and the pictures have turned out great. I would highly recommend the Brooklake but would recommend requesting no bridal assistant.

Sent on 10/01/2009

Melinda · Married on 03/11/2007

3.8
      2.5

Aside from the gorgeous views and large windows, the best things was the way that they staff helped us out. There was one price negotiated up front, and it included all the little extras we needed. They were more than accomodating at working with us and our other vendors to make the space look its best, though given that much of it had been recently renovated it didn't take much.

They do many events including weddings, so it was not a wedding factory. It was classic and beautiful but low on glitz. There were a couple of different spaces where people could be, from the lobby to the cocktail area to a side room and a main room. The y provided the bride with her own personal assistant for the day which was more than helpful on a few occasions.

They have such experience that at times it can seem like they are being lax about things, but they know how to make it all come together. That was our biggest stress.

Sent on 01/28/2008

3.8
      3.5

I attended a friends wedding here and they did a terrific job! She was very happy!

Sent on 10/16/2012