Brooklake Country Club Reviews

Brooklake Country Club 3
Brooklake Country Club 4
Brooklake Country Club 5

Christina · Married on 06/08/2013

Peter and the staff at the Brooklake Country Club made our wedding a day we will never forget. Everything was absolutely perfect and professionally done. I enjoyed working with Peter on all the preparations and he went above and beyond to ensure every detail was perfect. My guests are still raving about how great the food was and how amazing the venue was overall. Everyone had a great time and I highly recommend the Brooklake for anyone's wedding or party.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Peter · Married on 05/26/2013

After we got engaged we visited and reviewed about 30 or so venues. We were really looking for that country/vintage look so our first idea was to find a place who possibly had a barn on site. Well in NJ that was nearly impossible. Once we started expanding our views and looking at other possibilities we visited Brooklake Country Club and sat with Peter Mitsaelides who was extremely courteous and professional. He convinced us that while they weren't a country/vintage place we'd be allowed to decorate and personalize the place to our liking. This was surely a factor in picking this place but what sealed the deal was everything they had to offer us. Their menu was amazing with many options and their view outside was breathtaking. Their staff treated us like royalty and because they care our wedding turned out to be the best ever. We will certainly always remember the amazing time there and our guests will never stop talking about Brooklake Country Club. To Brooklake Country Club and the staff there, thank you for the best wedding ever. We will never forget and hope to be a part of someone elses wedding there. We highly reccomend Brooklake Country Club for everyone's wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Erin · Married on 05/04/2013

Stanley & Peter were wonderful to work with. They were extremely accomodating and made us feel as if our wedding was the most important thing on their mind. The whole staff at Brooklake are also just as warm and friendly.
    The food (especially cocktail hour) is top notch. The setting and ambiance that the place provides between indoors and out makes for a remarkable backdrop in all pictures.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • User2852061 · 2+ years ago

I was very nervous about wedding planning, and the second I walked into BCC, all my anxiety was eased. Peter was beyond accommodating and was a pleasure to work with. Every step of the way, he made sure that me, my husband and my family were well taken care of and that we got exactly what we wanted. We even asked for a special cocktail hour station that they didn't have on their menu, and he made it happen. The bridal attendant was also very nice to work with. A piece of my hair had fallen out, and I had forgotten to pack hair pins, and she was right there with plenty of pins. People raved about how great the cocktail hour was, and how delicious the food was. We made a great choice having our wedding there, and I always felt that my wedding was in the best hands with Peter. I cannot say enough about how great he was. I felt like my wedding was being planned by a close uncle, who truly cared about what I wanted and what was important to me.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Meredith · Married on 11/04/2012

Brooklake Country Club is one of the most beautiful settings anyone could have their wedding at. The second I walked into Brooklake and met Peter I knew this was the place I wanted to get married at. Peter was so amazing to work with. He was extremely helpful and gave us extras in order to make our wedding more beautiful. I cannot put into words how wonderful it was working with Peter!!

Our wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Sandy and there was a short period of time where we did not know if we would be able to have our wedding at Brooklake due to the fact that there was no power and they did not know if they could get the gas for the generators. We are so lucky that they got the gas (the power actually came back on after our ceremony).

I can't tell you how many guests told us that our wedding was one of the nicest or the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Everyone loved the food and you would never have known there was a hurricane that had hit just a week before our wedding.

Maury was our Major D and he ran the wedding smoothly and was helpful. Many guests commented on how great and attentive the waiters and waitresses were and this is due to how well Maury ran things that day.

Bee was my bridal attendant and she was amazing. My bridesmaids still talk about her and how great she was. She made sure that people left us alone and allowed us to eat. She got us anything and everything we could need and helped make our day perfect.

I would not hesitate to recommend having any event at Brooklake and if you are lucky enough to work with Peter and Bee you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2012

Thanks to Peter, Bea, Maury, Stanley and all of the amazing staff at Brooklake we had our dream wedding the weekend after Hurricane Sandy. I spent the beginning of the week in tears assuming that there was no way that my wedding was going to take place due to the Hurricane. Then I got the call from Peter assuring me that everything would go on as planned. And that it did!! The grounds of the country club were immaculate, our cocktail hour was amazing, every little detail was executed exactly as we had discussed – all with smiles and professionalism from a team of individuals who had no power at home but came to work anyways. We continue to hear stories from our guests that make us smile and we know that we made the best decision ever when we chose BCC. ALL of our guests felt like VIP, we had a guest that is a professional bartender who commented that he’s never seen a bar run so smoothly and all of our vendors commented on how well executed the evening was. I highly recommend booking your wedding here!!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

The Brooklake Country Club is truly the most amazing wedding venue & we cant say enough nice things about it! Everything from the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the location...it is all just simply incredible!! When searching for venues, we visited a few before finding the Brooklake and when we visited with Peter, we just knew right away that this was the perfect place for our reception! Peter was so welcoming, professional and friendly~we knew that he (along with everyone else) would meet our every expectation and they did not disappoint! Besides everything being pure perfection, we got married the week of Hurricane Sandy, and while at the Brooklake you wouldn't even know there was a hurricane 3 days prior. THANK god they had a generator is all I have to say!! I heard so many sad stories of brides who had to cancel their weddings b/c their venue did not have power or a generator due to this horrible storm. Well, the Brooklake has an impressive generator b/c nobody even knew it was running on generators until they asked. My guests and ourselves were AMAZED, saying how when driving to the BCC they noticed many homes on the street had no power but when they pulled into the BCC every single twinkling light was on..it was so beautiful!! Now, almost 2 months after my wedding, everyone is still raving at how delicious the food was and what an impressive job they did with everything, given the power situation!! Bee, the bridal assistant, is so sweet and was by our sides all night, getting us drinks/food and whatever we needed! If we could do it all over again, we would pick the BCC in a heartbeat!! Highly recommended!! Thank You to the Brooklake for an unforgettable wedding!! ~Kaitlin & Sean S

Sent on 01/06/2013

Betty · event on: 10/06/2012

Dear Peter:

I just wanted to write this not to send you our most sincere thanks to you and the staff at the Brooklake Country Club for all of the help you gave us in order to have an unforgettable 50th birthday celebration.

It really takes someone with extensive experience, patience and a professional demeanor to be able to adequately manage such a beautiful venue as is the BCC. The service was excellent and the food was fantastic! In short, the entire evening was just what my husband and I had hoped for on such a special night for us. This will stay in our memories as one of the most amazing nights of our lives. This was our second time celebrating at the Brooklake Country Club and we hope to continue to celebrate all of our events here in the near future.

Again thank you very much to you and your staff.

Sincerely,

Betty and Jorge
    Livingston, New Jersey
    50th Birthday Celebration - October 6, 2012

Sent on 01/29/2013

Kim · Married on 09/23/2012

What a beautiful place to have a wedding!!! I could not have been happier. My guests RAVED about the food - from the cocktail hour to the sit down meal, I heard nothing but how great it was. Working with Peter was wonderful, he made the whole experience very comfortable for us. The day of the wedding, Beau was assigned to attend to my needs and that she did. (Although my only regret is I didn't listen to her - she kept telling me to eat and I was too busy running around talking to everyone - totally my fault.) My pic are already up on facebook and people cannot believe how pretty my venue was. If you are in the North Jersey area definitely go to Brooklake.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Danielle and Brendan · Married on 09/15/2012

Wow is an understatement for this venue! Amazing is an understatement as well! There is only one word to describe the Brooklake, PERFECT! I work in customer service; for me to say this means a lot. Peter was the main reason we booked the Brooklake. He not only sells you on the venue; he sells you on himself. He was amazing.

I read a lot of posts criticizing B, the bridal attendant. They are all wrong! Would you go to an mechanic and tell him how to fix your car? Would you go to a doctor and tell him how to treat your illness? The answer is no. Yes, B definitely insists that you eat, and thank God she does! The most common mistake made by brides and grooms is not eating. Because B insisted we eat, we were able to enjoy our entire wedding without the threat of hunger or drunkeness. She is no different than the mechanic or doctor. She knows her business!

I had multple guests tell me that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. I have to agree.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/06/2012

Brooklake CC was such a great venue. We had been looking for a while at different venues since my now husband works in the hospitality industry (country club) in NJ. He knows what to look for and what is worth the money. We worked with Stanley mostly to book our date and everyone in that office made sure that what we needed for the day was ready and set up ahead of time. We were able to try some of the food about a month or 2 before the wedding and the service/ food was great. The cake is provided from a bakery they work with which we ended up going to visit. We wanted to be able to taste the cake and pick out the different layers. It turned out beautiful. Overall, great food (which everyone is still talking about today), great employees, and awesome experience. Our band made the night especially amazing and fun!

I have to say that the spread & passed food during the cocktail hour was most talked about. It was great to have so many options to choose from.
    It went by so fast but we truly loved every minute of our evening at Brooklake CC!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Andrea · Married on 05/27/2012

it was perfect!!!! the staff was amazing!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Alison · Married on 11/12/2011

Brooklake Country Club sells itself, attend a wedding at this venue or speak to someone who chose to celebrate there and you will only hear fantastic comments. We were married in November, which brings darker skies, but Stanley made sure we knew the exact moment for a sunset picture, in case we were able to make it to their lovely grounds. We were still driving from the church at this time, however this is just a single example of their attention to detail. We were looking for an elegant and understated venue with fantastic food, and that is exactly what we found. The cocktail hour was like none I have ever seen in my life, not just the quantity, but the quality of the food. I was as impressed as my guests but I had to pretend that this is what I had expected! One of the reasons why we chose Brooklake was the nice flow between the rooms. From the entrance with the piano, where I had a pianst for an hour as guests arrived, where they served cocktails for early arrivals. Moving on up the stairs, which they allowed us to decorate in tulle, to an expansive cocktail hour with a very pretty dark bar and lots of windows. And then moving seamlessly into the grand ballroom, with lots of windows and space to move about. The dance floor was great, we loved the built in wood floor, a lot of places put wood down or this plastic that kills your legs by the end of night so we really like that. Although our guests were not able to view the grounds, Brooklake had beautiful outdoor lighting to enhance and show off what you could see. Dinner was awesome, my dress was quite fitted, but I managed to eat my entire meal and we ordered up the venetian dessert which was a lot of fun. I have never seen so much dessert in my life. We ordered our wedding cake through Brooklake's vendor and after visiting their bake shop we understood why they were Brooklake's choice. This vendor even said that their favorite client is Brooklake, not just becuase of the business, but by the clientle they bring to their shop and Brooklakes level of professionalism. I saw some comments about the bridal attendant on the site, and she was there when i needed her. My bustle busted while my husband did our little lift on the dance floor and I was not aware that it had fallen. Within a few minutes they shuffled me off, the attendant found a seamstress, I am not kidding, and they had that thing sewed up in minutes. In a day where things can go wrong, they proved time and time again to smooth everything over. I had people helping out with a sister in laws baby downstairs, and they brought them entire meals in one of the side rooms. My point is that they treated every person that attended our wedding with such fantastic hospitality. For as much as it is your day, it is a day to celebrate with your guests, and knowing that they were in good hands allowed me to relax and enjoy my day and I never had to worry about my dress dragging on the floor :) Five Stars all the way. I still have people telling me this was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Jenna · Married on 09/10/2011

Booking our wedding at the Brooklake Country Club was one of the best decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding. The venue is absolutely beautiful, from the piano when you walk in, to the amazing views of the golf course. We worked with Stanley, who was incredibly accommodating, and there every step of the way. I will always remember how great he was, and how excited he was for us on our wedding day. The food was amazing, particularly the cocktail hour selection. After our wedding, so many of our guests came up to us and asked how we found such a beautiful venue. I can't recommend this place enough to all brides and grooms to be. The Brooklake truly made our special day more perfect than I could have imagined =)

Sent on 09/29/2011

Steph · Married on 08/19/2011

Brooklake country club was phenomenal. The food was awesome - all of our guests still talk about how great the food was. Stanley was really responsive - emails & phone calls. The venue is beautiful. Unfortunately we had a huge thunderstorm during cocktail hour so we couldn't go outside, but you could still see the wonderful view of the golf course. Our guests had a great time at Brooklake. Food was worth every penny! I had my steak entree packed (bc I was so full after cocktail hour).. ate it a few days later & it was still super tasty. Brooklake was the best choice for our wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Renee · Married on 07/24/2011

We were looking for a venue for our July wedding reception. We knew what we wanted: an open feeling (i.e., no windowless hotel ballroom), elegant, tasteful, memorable, and comfortable (not corporate, not generic). The kicker: 300 guests. BCC delivered. Pulling off a 300-person wedding reception is no small feat. Peter was professional, reliable, and on top of everything. Carol was so helpful and responsive. The waiters were great. The price was comparable too (I looked at 20+ venues in the area). I liked that they do only one event per day. The view out the window is gorgeous and unforgettable. It was important to me that the live band and other professionals I hired be treated with the utmost respect and they were. I highly recommend BCC.

Sent on 12/28/2011

lisa · Married on 06/17/2011

We had our fairy tale wedding at Brooklake Country Club. Everything was perfect. Peter and Maury made sure that the entire night ran smoothly and Stanley and Carol were always available to answer questions while planning the wedding.
    Our guests couldn't stop raving about the cocktail hour food, the selection of alcohol at the bar, and the beautiful view of the golf course.
    Our ceremony was supposed to be outside and ten minutes before the start time- there was a huge thunderstorm :( I was so nervous that the inside ceremony wouldn't be set up in time. To my pleasant surprise- the room was set up in less then ten minutes and it looked perfect.

I would recommend Brooklake Country Club to anyone that wants an elegant wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2011
  • W

Wenny · Married on 06/11/2011

We are so happy that we chose the Brooklake Country Club for our wedding ceremony and venue. Brooklake CC was the perfect place for what we wanted in our wedding that includes a great outdoor setting with very a professional and trustworthy staff. We had 200+ guests and the ballroom and cocktail area fit our guests comfortably. Unfortunately, we weren't able to have our ceremony outside due to the rain but my ceremony still looked beautiful with all those windows overlooking the golfcourse. The staff at Brooklake particularly Stanley, Carol, and Bea went above and beyond for us and our family. Stanley and Carol were responsive in all my questions and will do anything they can to make your wedding planning less stressful. They also fulfilled every request that my family and I had for our wedding. Bea is a wonderful bridal attendant and will do anything to fulfull your request and make sure that you enjoy your wedding. My tailor had added on a piece of detail to my dress that somehow came off during the ceremony and Bea was quick to get a staff member to sew the piece back on. My wedding was also a Saturday day time wedding and they never rushed us out to go on to the next event. My guests had a great time and we received many compliments about Brooklake. Hopefully I can return to Brookake as a guest.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Debra · Married on 04/16/2011

Brooklake CC made our wedding spectacular! They were very responsive and accommodating beforehand and on the day of the wedding they made sure that everything was perfect. The bridal attendant was great - she was very organized and made sure everything was just as it should be. I can honestly say that the people are Brooklake know how to do weddings - they are not cheap but you get a lot for your money!

Sent on 10/08/2011

Debbie · Married on 03/19/2011

Stanley and the Brooklake Country Club staff made our wedding a day we'll always look back on and cherish. From the moment we walked into Brooklake, we knew it was the perfect place to exchange our nuptials. From the main lobby area to the cocktail room to the ballroom, a feeling of comfort and wamth overwhelmed us. In planning our wedding, Stanley, Carol, and Peter were extremely organized, easy going, and accomodating. They were always in constant communication with us to ensure everything would be perfect for our special day. On the day of our wedding, we were welcomed as family, and walked into our bridal suite and groom's room filled with lunch and beverages for our wedding party. Our bridal attendant, Bea, was with us every step of the way and we couldn't be more appreciative. During our ceremony and reception, the Brooklake staff were extremely accomodating to all our guests and vendors. Stanley ensured that every aspect of our wedding was taken care of and ran smoothly, which it did. Cocktail hour was filled guests ooohhing and ahhhing over the food and presentation and the reception food was absolutely delicious and raved about by our guests! All of the servers were professional and accomodating to our guests and us. The staff constantly checked in on us to ensure we were enjoying our special day. We truly cannot thank the staff at Brooklake enough for all of their hard work and dedication to making our wedding a day we can look back on a remember forever.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Tara · Married on 10/29/2010

I absolutely loved the Brooklake! Great food and great service at a great price! I've gotten so many compliments on what a first class place it is!

Sent on 12/29/2010
  • JenniferC

Jennifer · Married on 09/11/2010

Brooklake Country Club was everything we were promised and then some! Our guests absolutely loved the food and raved about the service. We felt we were treated very well by the staff, especially Bea, our bridal attendant. She was the standout and took care of every detail, from putting together our rehearsal to making sure my husband and I always had a full drink. I absolutely loved her, she made the experience very enjoyable for us!

Everything went off without a hitch & we couldn't have been happier with our ceremony and reception!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Leah · Married on 07/10/2010

Brooklake was absolutley amazing. They provided us with non stop service from start to finish. Anything we wanted- they did. The price was very reasonable and Stanley was great to work with.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Michele · Married on 09/06/2008

They made this day the best it could have ever been! Everyone was super friendly and helpful. They took care of every detail, even ones I never would have thought of!!

Sent on 09/22/2008

Debra · Married on 08/01/2008

They were amazing! The whole staff, before the day and on the day, were
    incredibly helpful, attentive, cooperative, patient, understanding and treated
    us like family! They would go out of the their way to help us in anyway and
    made everything so easy and not once did we have to worry about anything.
    They made the wedding day go smoothly and we could not have been
    happier with our decision having our wedding at Brooklake!

Sent on 08/22/2008