Brooklake Country Club Reviews

Brooklake Country Club 3
Brooklake Country Club 4
Brooklake Country Club 5

S.P. · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a wedding reception of about 300 and it was worth every penny. The view is unparalleled, the staff is impeccable in their service, and we would love to do another event here. Each guest was attended to and left feeling as though it was truly a magical night. I opted not to have a wedding planner; this staff helped me execute my vision perfectly. They work hard, are very kind, and leave you feeling so grateful for their service.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/06/2017

Looking for a venue for a small wedding for a Saturday in New Jersey is very challenging. We found our options to be so limited and were beginning to feel discouraged. That soon changed after I called Brooklake Country Club to find out if there was a minimum guest requirement and I was told that in addition to their ballroom, they had their Waterfords room that was open to the public for events the first weekend of every month. We scheduled an appointment and it was love at first sight all over again. The grounds and building are so beautiful and well-kept and the staff is amazing. Its actually hard for me to put into words how incredibly happy I was to have my wedding here, but I can tell you that from beginning to end, I had the best experience and even with a small wedding (70 guests) I was given as much attention and appreciation as if I were hosting a 250+ person wedding that so many of these other venues wanted from me.
    In many of these reviews you’ll find the name Peter mentioned and I must say that none of these reviews, not even my own, will be able to truly describe how wonderful this man is. He is so knowledgeable, patient, kind and clearly loves what he does. He helped us plan our reception exactly as we had hoped it to be and he and his team executed flawlessly. He was responsive and honest and made us feel so important even when we knew he was busy. You can put every ounce of trust you have into Peter, he will create your dream wedding. Nelly was our bridal attendant and Natasha our captain, and from beginning to end they were incredible. It’s obvious that each employee takes service very seriously.
    The food and drinks were incredible. We expected no less, but after our tasting we could not wait for the wedding day. Every bite from cocktail hour to dinner was delicious and there was more than enough for everyone, no matter their food preference. Every guest raved about the food and no one left hungry.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Sara · Married on 12/31/2016

My sister and her husband were married at Brooklake 6 months before us, so we had an idea of how our wedding would be. After seeing how great Brooklake was during her wedding, we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. Six months later, we were blown away at how everything went off without a hitch. From removing items in the lobby to changing the layout of the cocktail hour room and everything in between, Peter and his staff were amazing. We met with Peter 2 or 3 times before the big day, and trust me when I say, you will never find another event manager who is more organized than Peter. If you tell him something the first time you meet, he will remember it on your wedding day. We loved working with him and his staff and are looking forward to the next event we attend at Brooklake.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Suzanne · Married on 07/23/2016

We had our wedding reception at Brooklake this past July and could not have even imagined a better event. From our very first meeting, Peter was accessible and helpful as we agreed a date between the venue and church. From there he was incredibly organized and detail oriented, providing us with all the information we needed and keeping us on schedule. He always answered all our questions and offered suggestions as we completed our planning. We always felt like we were the only couple working with Brooklake. Hearing from other brides dealing with other venues, I am so appreciative of the experience we had with Peter! Closer to the wedding, he helped us craft the cocktail hour and reception menus and schedules exactly as we wanted them, offering suggestions that were spot on.

When it came to the actual day, the staff at Brooklake executed perfectly! The room was decorated beautifully and they had displayed our items we had brought exactly as we had discussed. The vendors (cake, DJ, florist, photographer) had no issues setting up on time. The service we received was impeccable -- both from Bea our attendant, and also from the rest of the staff for all of our guests. Bea made sure my husband and I were well taken care of and brought everything we needed - food, drinks, and she even gave us cake to-go so we could enjoy it later on! We still have guests raving about our wedding months later - from the cocktail hour, to the food, to the view, to the fact that the bartender already had their drink ready as they approached.

It’s easy to think that your wedding was the best, but it’s really special when people go out of their way to tell you yours was the best wedding they had ever been to. Peter and his team created a truly magical evening for us and our guests, and I don’t think anyone will ever forget it! Now we are just hoping to one day have the privilege to attend another Brooklake wedding as guests!

Sent on 03/19/2017

jessica · Married on 07/03/2016

My husband and I got married at Brooklake Country Club last July 2016. We had such a wonderful experience working with Peter and Carol . As soon as we saw Brooklake in person we knew it was a top notch venue. They were professional, willing to work within our budget and menu, responsive and realized how great the service would be for our wedding day. We made multiple appointments with Peter and every time he was more than willing to meet with us and go over any questions we had. Carol was the most amazing woman to work with and made my life planning the wedding so much easier. Any time I had questions she would get back to me that day and knew the answers to everything! Every person that works at Brooklake takes ownership of the venue and makes sure its in mint condition. The staff was always so helpful and willing to show us around. Having our wedding at a venue like Brooklake made the ease of planning that much easier, as I knew they would take care of us on our wedding day. Our guests are still talking about the beautiful views, amazing cocktail hour options, and the overall service at our wedding. We were so happy that Peter was there for us on our wedding day along with his amazing staff, Bea who was my bridal attendant and was an absolute pleasure to with. I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience was for our wedding. I 100% recommend visiting and hopefully booking at Brooklake Country Club.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2016

Their dreams came true on a breezy, sunny Saturday afternoon in July. The morning of the big day, the wedding party was treated to breakfast in the tastefully decorated bridal and groom suites. As guests arrived, they convened in the elegant, spacious lobby, and were then escorted to a romantic outdoor terrace overlooking gorgeous grounds, where my son and daughter-in-law exchanged their vows. Then the party started! Tables were set inside and on the terrace for cocktail hour. Beverage service was superb. The cuisine was unbelievable! Passed hors d’oeuvres, food stations, and a beautifully presented buffet were a sight for the eyes as well as a treat to the palate. Guests oohed and aahed as they were brought into the ballroom for the sit-down meal. The lighting, the dance floor, the beautifully set tables, the friendly professional staff – all this plus floor-to-ceiling windows revealing breathtaking views of the golf course and tranquil ponds with fountains. The staff treated the newlyweds like king and queen! The day was magical for the wedding party and all who attended. Everything fell into place. Guests commented that it was one of the best, if not THE best, wedding they had ever attended. The service was beyond exceptional. Thank you too dear chefs, groundskeepers, and all those behind the scenes who make Brooklake Country Club so special. Yours is a tough act to follow.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/31/2015

Our wedding was perfect in every way. Peter and his staff were professional and very easy to work with. Everything was even better than I expected it, and all of our guests were raving about the food, ambiance, and service. I am so happy we chose to have our wedding at Brooklake; it was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Colleen · Married on 10/30/2015

AMAZING VENUE. Love all the staff that the made our October 2015 wedding so incredible. We got tons of compliments from every piece of service they offered throughout the night. My bridal attendant was FANTASTIC--I could not have asked for anything more. Stanley (who I primarily worked with), Peter, and Carol were all so incredibly nice. They absolutely know what they are doing and make you feel like a princess! Always responsive, love that there is only one wedding going on at a time. Really respectful when it comes to touring the venue and doing taste testing (as a future bride, they were sure not to have you there when there was a wedding going one--which is awesome when its your turn to be the bride). Beautiful venue, great place to take your pictures. Cannot give them enough compliments for making our wedding so special! Thank you!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Allie · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I had our reception at the Brooklake on 10/24/15. I know many people must say this but it truly was the best day of our lives and I believe it had ALOT to do with the Brooklake and it's staff, especially Peter. Peter was the most caring and reliable person from the day we met him and that did not change after he received our deposit. He was there every step of the way to answer questions and put me at ease and run through the events and how things would work. Anything I had an idea about that wasn't necessarily the "standard", he MADE SURE happened. For example, I had cake boxes to go and little bags for treats and I was worried people would not see them to know to take some stuff to go. Peter personally stood outside and as guests left directed them to the Vienesse table. And that is just one example, he and his staff were absolutely incredible. Bea took care of both of our parents and they all raved about her. The attendant for my husband and I was also incredible. She always made sure we were taken care of and had everything we needed.

Secondly, the grounds are just absolutely breathtaking. The huge ballroom has an entire wall of windows in the back that overlooks a lake with fountains and two firepits. The lobby when you come in is beautifully decorated around the fireplace and the grand piano is a classy touch.

Also, the guests are still raving about the food. Cocktail hour and dessert were seriously unbelievable. The amount and quality of food was outrageous. I do not have any bad things to say about this place.

All around an AWESOME venue. The most beautiful views with even better people running it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Sent on 11/10/2015
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 10/23/2015

We got married at Brooklake Country Club on October 23, 2015 and had a FABULOUS wedding. The first time we viewed the venue we knew this was where we wanted to get married. The inside is gorgeous (especially the cocktail hour room) but the outside foliage and lake are *stunning* for a wedding. Peter was so incredibly helpful to work with from day 1, he listened to everything we said. Every email I had ever sent him he had printed out and in a folder to go over at our meeting right before the wedding. I did a lot of DIY and personalized decor and they were very helpful with setting everything up for us. The bridal attendant the day of the wedding (Bea) was so helpful, she brought us anything we needed. A lot of people say you starve the day of your wedding, well not for us! We were so full by dinner time we had to pack up our dinners to go home with. Which, the food was fantastic! Brooklake has it all, if you want to have a fall wedding...this is the place to have it at!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/19/2015

Brooklake Country Club delivered a beautiful event down to every last detail. We had our wedding at this gorgeous venue in September of 2015, a beautiful time of year that allowed us access to the outside patio for cocktail hour. Peter helped us plan every step of the way and was patient with my many questions and requests. The actual day of the wedding was fantastic, no detail was overlooked, and all of our guests had a wonderful evening. You don't realize how quickly time will fly and if it wasn't for Bea and Peter, my bridal party, groom and our families wouldn't have eaten a bite of food we were having such a good time. But Bea tended to all of us and made sure we had cold drinks and food in our stomach to enjoy the night to the fullest. Thank you to Peter and the Brooklake Country Club staff, I will be recommending you to everyone planning a wedding in the North Jersey area!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Christina · Married on 06/20/2015

We are so happy with how everything turned out for our wedding at Brooklake! Even with gray skies, the day was absolutely beautiful. From start to finish, Peter and his staff made sure all of our questions were answered and that everything came together wonderfully on wedding day. Everyone keeps raving about the food and service. We highly recommend this venue for your future event.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Cindy · Married on 05/18/2015

My husband and I actually got married in Las Vegas in May but buy Family demand we started planning a reception in July. While searching the internet I came upon a picture of the grounds of Brooklake Country Club and simply fell in love with it. No one I knew had been there so we checked the reviews on all sites and found NOTHING negative so we called and got my man Stanley. They they had Nov. 7th open, so we ran right out to meet with Stanley, the coolest guy in the business by far. When you drive onto the property you can feel this is someplace special, the lobby is warm and welcoming and I could visualize exactly how I wanted it to look for our day. It’s beautifully decorated with a fireplace, flowers and a grand piano and the grounds are nothing but breathtaking. The huge cocktail area and ballroom have a wall of windows that overlooks a lake with fountains, a patio area with tables and chairs and a fire pit. This not a private club but it is a one event venue so the patio is also yours to use the day of!!
    The planning process was the easiest I have ever encountered and I have done Corp. Event planning before. Stanley and Barbara were a dream to work with and I’m an organized nut. It was so easy I felt like I missed something as most people planning a wedding for 140pp lose it a year in and I had simply months to get it all done. Stanley answered every email assuring me, it would be perfect and everything we dreamed of. (And he was right)
    The day of was absolutely seamless, everything was exactly as we had planned it. It was beautiful, Stanley, Peter, Maury, Bea and Noella made sure every single small detail was taken care of. We had a private room to dress in and leave our belongings for the evening. Fully stocked from small fridge to a shower! Everyone was greeted at the door with champagne, the cocktail hour was amazing! The ballroom was gorgeous,

Sent on 11/15/2015

Tracey · Married on 05/17/2015

Peter Mitsaelides and the entire staff at Brooklake Country Club were outstanding in their service and professionalism before and during our wedding. Not one detail was overlooked. Everything was simply perfect. The food was delicious and plentiful, with a great variety of types to choose from. The venue is beautiful no matter what time of year, and is spotless inside and out. Even with all the sophistication of the venue, however, it is also a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Bridal attendants Noellia and Bea and maitre'd Morty were on top of every need of us and our guests. The value for the price is incredible, with many things included in the price that other venues charge extra for. My only regret is that I'll only have one wedding at Brooklake Country Club!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Laurie · Married on 04/19/2015

My husband and I got married last Sunday at the Brooklake Country Club and we couldn't have been happier. When we first met Peter we were impressed and confident in his professionalism but he even surpassed our expectations. He and his staff attended to every detail with perfection. All our guests are still raving about the food, service and venue. Many told us that it was the best wedding that they've ever attended. Peter even gave us a beautiful day making my dream come true of having an outdoor ceremony. The best thing about Peter is that he really cares about the people he works with and wants to give them an amazing and memorable event. Brooklake is the place to go if you want a perfect and stress free wedding. Kenny and I were joking about having another wedding there next year because our experience was so unbelievable. Thank you Brooklake and thank you to our new friend Peter.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Jairo · Married on 04/11/2015

Peter and the Brooklake staff could not have done a better job. From the initial meeting to the day after the wedding it is evident that BCC cares about their events and will do whatever is necessary.

The food was amazing. The high notes for me were the mushroom ravioli, seared snapper and tiramasu. Everyone loved our signature drink which was created by the BCC bartender.

The service is top notch.

Sent on 04/21/2015

jennifer · Married on 03/28/2015

Nothing but the best from Brooklake! My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with how smooth our wedding went from planning to production. We met with Stanley and corresponded throughout the year leading up to our wedding. He was always quick to respond to emails, met with us in person a few times, and reassured me countless times that I had nothing to worry about. The day of was flawless with a beautiful indoor ceremony overlooking the manicured golf course followed by a fantastic cocktail hour and reception for 150 guests. The food was outstanding with 150 main courses served hot and fresh. There was an abundance of appetizers for cocktail hour and copious deserts and coffees for the end of the night. The bridal attendant ensured that my husband and I ate both at the cocktail hour and reception and always made sure we had a drink in hand. Stanley and the mater dei ensured that the day flowed smoothly and handled everything from start to finish. It was an amazing feeling to not have to worry about a thing and just enjoy the day! Guests are still raving about Brooklake regarding the excellent food, great ambiance, and personalized service. Without a doubt, I would recommend Brooklake to anyone looking for superior service in a beautiful setting.

Sent on 04/09/2015

Sheryl · Married on 11/22/2014

Where to start...When we started planning our wedding, we wanted a place that provided an elegant setting for a black tie affair, and also accommodate our 230 guests. Food was a top priority in addition to ambiance. Upon meeting Peter, the wedding coordinator, I immediately knew he would be able to cater to our every need. His warm demeanor and knowledge about the industry immediately earned our trust. He answered our 1000 questions and was knowledgeable about all of the vendors we planned to work with. Being a bit anxious and anal, Peter made me feel entirely at ease, and made this wedding planning process a breeze. I knew we were in fantastic hands.
    Food: We were so amazed at the complexity of the choices for food throughout the entire affair. There are so many options to choose from, and was a selling point for us. In addition to the at least 13 different types of pass-arounds during cocktail hour, there was such a variety of options for chafing and action stations. People still can't stop talking about our cocktail hour. Not only about the ABUNDANCE of food, but also the quality. The lamb chops were simply some of the best I've ever had. All of the dinner options were fantastic, and when we walked around to greet our guests, all we saw were empty plates (despite who full everyone was after cocktail hour).
    Atmosphere: We were able to choose different lighting options to set the mood for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Being that we had a fairly large wedding, we wanted to make sure that there was space for everyone during each aspect of our wedding. The cocktail hour space is large with plenty of tables for people to nibble. The grounds are breathtaking, and the dance floor was able to hold (for the most part) our very rowdy party.
    The wedding attendants catered to our every need while we got ready, and during the wedding itself. Shout out to Bea for making sure we ate and relaxed a bit. Every aspect was perfection and provided our dream wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2014

My husband and I looked at multiple other locations prior to visiting Brooklake Country Club. When we first arrived at BCC and met with Peter we immediately fell in love with him. He is just so warm and inviting that he made us feel like part of his family. After seeing the venue and the beautiful views we sat down with Peter and booked our date very soon after. Peter was so accommodating as he allowed us to visit the venue multiple times and answered any questions we had, always with a smile.

We had a Friday wedding and Peter and his team welcomed us early in the morning and allowed us to get ready on site. It was great having the bridal suite and the separate groom suite for the bridal party to get ready. Their team did everything to make sure that we were well taken care of.

Our ceremony took place indoors with a breath-taking view over the golf course and lake. With perfect lighting and fall colors on the trees we were able to get some really amazing pictures. All of the guests kept talking about the cocktail hour and how great the food was. We were able to sneak away into a side room and enjoy some of the cocktail food in private, this was great because we knew it would be tough to eat and talk with all the guests. The food throughout the reception was great and the service was very professional. We didn't have to worry about anything as Peter and his fantastic team took care of everything.

Bea, the bridal attendant, was amazing. She welcomed us when we first arrived and kept making sure we had everything we needed throughout the whole night. She even made sure that our parents were well taken care of. My father-in-law said that he never had to get his own drink as she always had one waiting for him. She is one of the stars on the stellar BCC team.

We couldn't have asked for anything better. We truly feel like we are now part of the Brooklake family. We highly recommend this venue and Peter for your wedding.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/25/2014

Wow.. is all we can say when it comes to our wedding day at Brooklake Country Club. We knew the moment that we walked into BCC, we had to have our wedding there. The whole BBC team went above and beyond of what we could ever dream of. We met with Peter, who was extremely accommodating to us throughout the whole wedding process. We had a couple of specific requests that we had asked if he could do and his response was always "not a problem.. we can get that for you". You are the best Peter!!!

This venue is absolutely breathtaking. It has amazing views of the golf course, and immaculate decor throughout the cocktail and reception rooms. We were lucky enough to have our wedding on a beautiful October day where we could capture some incredible pictures.

The food was also top notch. All of our guests can't stop raving about how amazing the food was, cocktail hour, dinner and the viennese table. I also loved that they gave my husband and I our own private room for a short time before and for the beginning of the cocktail hour to eat the delicious cocktail food. We appreciated that because we knew that if they didn't do that for us we probably wouldn't have ate!

The service was also impeccable. Bea, my bridal attendant, was absolutely amazing!! She was there to assist us in anything we needed. We were truly treated like royalty. Marty was fantastic as well with making sure our needs were met.

From start to finish, everything BCC did was professional and very well organized, I can honestly say I had nothing to worry about. Everything was absolutely perfect. They also only do 1 wedding at time, so it's completely catered to just you and your guests.

I would highly recommend BCC to anyone. Definitely make this a must see. They truly know how to make your wedding day an experience that exceeds every expectation you could ever imagine.

Thank you BCC for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2014

Peter was our Event Director at Brooklake Country Club. When we first walked in to BLCC to check out the venue, we were immediately impressed by Peter's passion and care for every detail. To him, we were not 'just another' wedding, he made us feel special and listened to everything we had to say. The day of the wedding, I knew I did not have to worry about any detail because the Brooklake staff had it all covered. Our guests could not stop raving about the beautiful venue, the view and how incredible (and plentiful) all of the food was. The presentation and variety of food at the cocktail hour was incredible. I just wish my groom and I stopped talking to people so we could have eaten more!

Everything from dropping all of our items off to picking them up the day after the wedding was very easy and very organized. Brooklake was perfect for our wedding and it's a day we will remember forever.

Sent on 10/17/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/22/2014

Brooklake Country Club is absolutely amazing - from the staff, to the food, to the service and lastly the gorgeous views of the golf course. We could not recommend anything else - absolutely exceptional. We worked with Peter who was literally at our beck and call throughout the entire process. His entire staff worked so hard to make our day seamless and memorable. We'd like to give special thanks to Bea who did such an amazing job making sure we had everything we could possibly need on the day of - she was a 2nd mother to the entire bridal party. Our guests raved about the venue and the food was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to have another event there just to have the chance to work with these great people. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Shari · Married on 07/27/2014

We had my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at Brooklake Country Club. We could not have been more pleased with every aspect of Brooklake, from the venue itself to all of the staff. Peter was amazing from day one - a consummate professional in every way and an absolute pleasure to work with! The venue offers a perfect setting for a wedding - inside and out. Our guests raved about everything, from the beauty of the setting to the amazing food and service. Honestly, Brooklake surpassed all of our expectations and enabled our family to have a perfect and unforgettable day!!

Sent on 10/09/2014

We recently got married at this country club. Our primary contact was Peter. He was great to work with from the day we had our initial appt to our big day. He made sure that we had everything we needed and went above and beyond to take care of our needs. The venue and beauty of the course speaks for itself. We had an outdoor Indian wedding ceremony and everything just went perfectly. The staff was very cordial and punctual. I would highly recommend this place. Thank you Peter for all your help! -Kushal and Nehal

Sent on 08/06/2014

We had a private wedding ceremony on June 4th and our reception on October 4th at Brooklake Country Club. This is the thank you note that we sent to Peter, our fabulous contact at Brooklake...

From day one you and your team have been nothing short of outstanding and its
    been appreciated throughout the entire process. Everything was absolutely
    incredible and our guests keep commenting on how much they enjoyed themselves, the food
    and about the beauty of the venue.

From yourself to Carol (Peter's Asisstant) to Noellia (bridal attendant) to the restroom attendant to the Maitre D and wait staff and bartenders, you were all so helpful and constantly available when we needed something.

Thank you again for a fantastic and stress free experience. You committed to a
    confidence in your venue and team that made it impossible for us to think
    anything could be anything less than amazing. And is was...amazing :)

Sent on 10/23/2014