BrookHill Florist Reviews

115 | Annandale, VA

115 Reviews for BrookHill Florist

Meg · Married on 02/10/2021

Gorgeous flowers and service

Mike was a pleasure to work with. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for making our wedding celebration so special. We've never seen such beautiful flowers, worth every penny. There were a lot of compliments from the guests! I also loved my bridal bouquet, it was so lovely. Mike puts a lot of love and care into his work.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren B. · Married on 09/05/2020

We absolutely love BrookHill Florist!

I had the wonderful opportunity to work with the incredible Mike Lucas, the owner of BrookHill, for my wedding day. Let me just start by saying if you're looking for someone who honestly cares about their work and is passionate about you and the beautiful flowers you will have on your day, look no further. Writing this review doesn't even feel like it can express the amount of gratitude I have for the people who work with BrookHill Florist. It is absolutely impeccable the amount of love and time they put into the process of picking out and arranging these flawless flowers. Mostly, the little details are what makes ones wedding all the more incredible and BrookHill knows that and tackles that full force granting all of your wishes and making your dreams come true for your wedding day. If only I could post the amount of love and comments I received on my flowers throughout the day.
    All in all, BrookHill florist is undeniably perfect in every way but I don't want to end this review without thanking the man who made all of these things come true along with much much more! So, Mr. Mike if you ever find the time to read all of your outstanding reviews, please know that I will always be so thankful for the kindness you always showed myself and my family. You never made us feel like we had anything to worry about and always spoke encouraging words of how beautiful you knew everything would be. You even took the time out of your day to help my mother and I arrange a fake bouquet for my bridal portraits being done before the wedding. I hope to be able to post and send you pictures of your amazing talent and the most magical day of my life because of you. So, a million times...Thank You!
    In closing, BrookHill is the right option to choose for your wedding. You won't regret it!
    p.s. We hope to have pictures to post soon!
    - Lauren Simpson (Bunting)

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Margaret

Margaret C. · Married on 08/10/2020

Great experience!

Mike was great to work with. He took my very vague color scheme and with detailed questions made the most gorgeous arrangements and bouquets that perfectly matched our vision for the day.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Beth

Beth T. · Married on 02/15/2020

Mike was easy to work with and flexible

Mike at Brookhill florist was easy to work with and flexible. He had good recommendations and was responsive to my vision of the flowers as well. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Shar

Shar · Married on 11/09/2019

BrookHill Florist = Amazing!

Working with Mike at BrookHill Florist was such a fantastic experience! Our flowers were absolutely stunning - from our center pieces for the rod iron arch for our ceremony, centerpiece decorations for our guest tables, the flowers cascading our wedding cake and both mine and my bridesmaids bouquets.....were just gorgeous!! I mean our bouquets were so beautiful, we were glad we had a toss bouquet made (because all my bridesmaids were in love with their bouquets and no one wanted to throw theirs). We had so many guests complement our flowers and quite a few stated they were so pretty that they thought they were fake :)

Working with Mike was such a pleasurable experience. He makes you feel like a close family member and not just a client. He's attentive, he's caring, he's knowledgeable and above all he is passionate about his work and it ABSOLUTELY showed during our event. Especially the way he decorated the memorial chair for my mother (who I know was looking down and smiling at us) it was breathtaking and moved me to tears.

I could literally write a novel about the great experience we had with Mike and how beautiful our event.

Mike at BrookHill will forever be our florist and we are so grateful to have met him and to have our special day be as beautiful as it was!!!!

(More pictures to come once our photographer delivers our pictures)

Sent on 11/13/2019

Lauren S. · Married on 09/21/2019

Colorful, unique wedding flowers of my dreams!

Mike went above and beyond to give me the wedding flowers of my dreams! He listened / understood my vision and what he created what easy more beautiful than I could have imagined. I also loved the flowers he created for the arch we got married under - it was exactly what I wanted and the perfect touch for the ceremony. He is so easy to work with and clearly very talented at what he does. Look no further and book BrookHill for your wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2019

M Facinoli · Married on 07/06/2019

The most beautiful wedding flowers!

We had the great pleasure of working with Mike Lucas of BrookHill Florist for my daughter’s wedding last month. Our experience started with a face-to-face meeting with Mike who discussed all floral details and options with us. Mike’s professional integrity and attention to detail were obvious as he listened carefully to what my daughter wanted but also offered invaluable advice about what would look best and work best for an outdoor summer wedding. On the wedding day we arrived at the venue at our assigned time and found Mike and his team already there, setting up for the wedding. They delivered and arranged all flowers as we had discussed. Many of our wedding guests told us that the flowers were the most beautiful they had ever seen. We heartily recommend BrookHill florists and hope to use them again in the future.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Janet C. · Married on 06/15/2019

Brookhill Florist did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding and reception!

Mike Lucas, owner of Brookhill Florist, is amazing! My daughter Meghan and I met with him twice before her wedding . She just had some basic ideas of what she wanted. He made a lot of suggestions, and they were perfect! The flowers for the wedding and reception were beautiful, and really made the day more special! He is so professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. There were bouquets and a large arrangement left at the reception. Mike called me a few days after the wedding to let me know they took the flowers back to Brookhill. He even brought them to our house, so we could enjoy them longer!
    I highly recommend Brookhill Florist to anyone for weddings, receptions, other special events! You won't be disappointed!
    Janet C.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Betty · Married on 10/20/2018

Thoroughly thrilled!

I would highly recommend Brookhill to anyone looking for a florist for their Wedding or other Special Occasion! We used Mike and his Brookhill Crew 3 years ago for our daughter Katie's Wedding and were thoroughly thrilled in every way! Last September, when our younger daughter Stephanie became engaged to Kyle, we knew just where to turn! Brookhill once again fulfilled our wishes and completely captured the "Look," that Stephanie and Kyle envisioned. They were so flexible and accommodating as the "visions" kept coming and evolving right up to 3 days before the Big Day! ;) I truly cannot say enough great things about Mike and his Company.

Larry · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Superb!!!

To say that Brookhill Florist did a phenomenal job with the floral arrangements for our wedding at our home in Rehoboth Beach, DE would be an understatement. It is hard to find words that fully describe the exceptional creativity of Michael Lucas, the owner of Brookhill Florist. We wanted all the events of our wedding – which included an outdoor evening rehearsal dinner, a sunset wedding and a reception with dinner and entertainment on our terrace overlooking Silver Lake – to be absolutely exquisite. I can honestly state that Michael and his extraordinarily talented team of designers well surpassed our exacting standards and stringent expectations, which by no means was an easy feat!

Michael readily availed himself in a series of interviews to understand our floral needs and to help us decide our color-selection (which wasn’t easy since we wanted our October wedding scheme to appear seasonal without looking Halloween-ish). Moreover, we wanted flowers that represented our uniqueness as a couple; therefore, the last thing we wanted were run-of-the-mill or cookie-cutter floral designs. Michael patiently listened to us, embraced our ideas and offered extremely insightful advice. Thus, he was perfectly aligned with our vision.

Once we settled on our colors (taupe, champagne, ivory, white and variations of green), Michael helped us make key decisions on how to best place the flowers during each event and, more importantly, how to repurpose the use of each arrangement during separate events.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is where Michael distinguish himself from all others: there is an undeniable technique in his ability to create innovative, yet agile floral arrangements…paired with his keen sense of spatiality…to create dramatic, breathtaking floral displays. We marveled at the freshness and beauty of his flower selection, but we were absolutely awed by his designs which varied in ways that made each arrangement individually command attention yet remain perfectly adaptable for use in multiple settings. The sensational centerpieces on our dinner rehearsal table and grand floral arrangements were immaculate, stately and undeniably unforgettable.

In summary, Michael Lucas and his team of designers were the perfect choice for two perfectionists. We’d rate them a sixth star, if permissible. Brookhill Florist is for those who desire more than just flower arrangements… it is for those who demand perfection.

Joe · Married on 10/06/2018

Simply the Best!

Michael Lucas and his team of designers at Brookhill Florist were amazing and provided exceptional service during our October 6, 2018 home wedding. Michael made everything so incredibly easy: we simply stated our vision and Michael helped us fill in the blanks. As a result, our wedding had the most dramatic floral arrangements that dazzled everyone. In addition to the grand arrangements typically seen at formal wedding events, I had some unique requests that Michael and his designers executed with perfection. These included a flowing floral design on our mailbox, a welcoming floral door wreath, and a sweeping floral display on our fireplace mantel. The creativity and originality of Michael’s floral designs are without parallel and simply the best!

• Karen

Karen · Married on 08/18/2018

Thank you, BrookHill! :)

Almost a year has gone by and I am now finding the time to review all our AMAZING vendors. BrookHill was recommended by our reception venue and I could not be more pleased. It was such a pleasure meeting and working with Michael’s expertise. Wedding flowers were something I was hesitant to spend so much on, but Michael was very attentive and willing to work with my budget and preferences (i.e., love of orchids, but aversion to pink). The flower arrangements for our ceremony and reception turned out gorgeous and I love looking back at the photos. I also really appreciate Michael’s patience with meeting my mother and mother-in-law, especially when the count of corsages and boutonnieres kept fluctuating (due to our Filipino wedding party being so large) in addition to adding a last minute arrangement for the church. Also, one of my co-workers caught my toss bouquet and she is now engaged. ^^ Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Andrew · Married on 06/01/2018

We're very happy that we hired BrookHill for our wedding!! We had to find a florist for our floral arch just a few weeks before our wedding, and Mike saved the day! He was very accommodating and responsive to our inquiries. He went out of his way and gave very helpful suggestions for our design, while still keeping us within the budget. All throughout the planning process, Mike made sure that we would be happy and satisfied with the final product. We only had a specific color palette in mind, and he made sure we googled the specific varieties of flowers he was suggesting before we chose the final flowers for the floral arch. He even followed up on the day after the wedding, just to ask if we were happy with the floral arch. What sets him apart is the care he puts into making sure you have the best flowers for the wedding of your dreams and taking the stress of one part of the wedding planning. Wedding flowers can take up a significant portion of the wedding budget --- you can trust BrookHill to give you the best value for your money!

Sent on 06/09/2018
  • Jasmine

Jasmine · Married on 05/25/2018

So amazing!

Mike was amazing from start to finish, he made sure I had nothing to worry about during the entire planning process one the day of the wedding everyone kept talking about how beautiful the flowers were. Thank you for everything you did for Our special day!

Sent on 09/04/2019

BrookHill Florist's reply:

Thank you Jasmine. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding day and we are delighted you were so happy with the florals we created for your wedding. We wish you much love and happiness as you move forward as a married couple.

Jhon · Married on 11/12/2017

Brookhill was a fantastic choice for flower arrangements. The arrangements were beautiful, the flower and color combinations were spectacular. We met with Mike a couple of times to discuss the colors, flower choices and budget, we pleasantly surprised with the final result.

We will like to commend Mike's professionalism, attention to detail, and flexibility. He has been fantastic throughout the process! We value his time and effort and we will recommend Mike to family and friends. He has been extremely responsive from the first contact until we collected all of the personal touches we added to the arrangements.

The arrangements and flowers for the wedding party arrived on time, Mike took the time to label each bouquet and made sure everyone got what they wanted. You will not be disappointed if you go with Brookhill.

Monica and John

Sent on 11/28/2017

Cheryl · Married on 11/11/2017

We highly recommend Brookhill Florist. I worked with Mike once just 2 weeks before the Nov. 2017 wedding (with my daughter's input - she lives out of town). Mike is very knowledgeable, gave good guidance, and picked up on what we wanted even as we were figuring it out. The results were breathtaking! We continue to receive compliments on the flowers from guests. Contact Brookhill Florist now!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Casey · Married on 09/22/2017

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! My bouquets and boutonnieres were absolutely STUNNING and even better than I had envisioned them to be. Not only was the work product excellent, but Mike was extremely responsive and on top of things throughout the entire planning process. I would HIGHLY recommend him if you're looking for beautiful flowers and an amazing vendor.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

I can not thank Mike enough for the floral designs he created for my wedding (September 2017). Every single wedding guest, member of the wedding party, parent, employee at the wedding reception venue, and bystander commented on how absolutely stunning all of the bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, center pieces, and additional floral accents were. All of the bouquets were wonderfully sized and the centerpieces fit the room perfectly. When it comes to flowers for weddings, many times it feels like you don't get your money's worth. However, with BrookHill, I know I got my money's worth. Every person commented that they were the most beautiful flowers they'd seen at a wedding, and they could not stop talking about how elegant all of the floral designs were. If you are looking for a florist that has your best interests at heart and works tirelessly to create floral masterpieces, Mike is your guy. He's truly the best.

P.S. I can't forget to mention that he did the floral design on my wedding cake and it looked like something you'd see in a wedding magazine. It was unbelievably beautiful!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Laura · Married on 07/29/2017

Mike did amazing floral work for my wedding in July 2017. Everything from the bouquets, to the personal flowers, to the centerpieces and the arrangements on the pedestals looked amazing! From the beginning of our work together, I knew that he "got" my vision, and I loved all of the suggestions that he gave (gold accents, candles, pedestals). It all came together beautifully and looked just like my Pinterest board :)

I appreciated Mike's wonderful ideas and execution of mine, as well as his dedication to getting the peonies into my bouquet (they were out of season, but he they are my favorite flower and how much I wanted them in my bouquet). It really meant so much that he went above and beyond to create the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Carolyn · Married on 05/28/2017

The very best decision we made planning our wedding was choosing BrookHill as the florist - I cannot recommend BrookHill highly enough! Mike was SO professional, kind, helpful and creative in guiding us to choose flowers, and all of the arrangements (from bridal bouquet to centerpieces to corsages to flowers for our chuppah) looked absolutely incredible. They totally blew me away! Many of our guests commented that the flowers were really remarkable. He was easy to communicate with, did a wonderful job explaining all of our options to us, and the arrangements were absolutely stunning. He's also a very, very nice person and so great to work with! I highly, highly recommend BrookHill - you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2017

We loved working with Mike for our floral arrangements for the wedding! He was extremely flexible and worked with the dried flowers my aunt was providing as a wedding gift. he took cost into consideration and was honest about what flowers were available in what season so there were no false hopes. When I saw the arrangements, they were absolutely stunning, better than I had imagined. We were also able to rent a structure with him for the ceremony, which was put up in the rain, and still looked amazing by the time the ceremony began. Everything turned out amazing (despite torrential downpours in the morning)! Thank you Mike!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

AMAZING! Brookhill was the recommended florist for the Officer's Club where we were getting married and I could not be more happy. From the beginning Mike was so responsive and easy to work with. I know NOTHING about flowers and he talked me through each step of the way and helped me design the perfect flowers for our wedding. I had more compliments on my bouquet than any other bride I've talked to. GO WITH BROOKHILL.. you will not be disappointed. Great price but even better value and service

Sent on 06/07/2017

Amanda · Married on 01/14/2017

My fiance and I found BrookHill through Ft. Belvoir's Officer's Club and I couldn't have been more pleased. Mike is absolutely fantastic to work with and is a true artisan in his craft. I knew the flowers were going to be amazing, but when I saw them I was overwhelmed by the beauty the arrangements. Everything was handled with absolute care, from the corsages to my bouquet; I couldn't have been any happier with my experience with BrookHill.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Cathy · Married on 12/03/2016

I'm forever grateful to my wedding planner for connecting me with Mike Lucas of BrookHill Florist. From our very first meeting, it was such a pleasure to work with him! His suggestions for flowers and decor were spot on, and as a bonus, everything was well within our budget. I swooned when I saw the final product. The centerpieces, ceremony decorations, bridesmaids bouquets were beautiful. My bridal bouquet was out of this world...it smelled fantastic and looked simply gorgeous. All of the flowers lasted for days after the wedding. I couldn't believe how fresh everything looked 4+ days after the event. Mike's vision and work added the perfect touch of elegance to our wedding. I highly recommend BrookHill for weddings and events!!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Katie · Married on 10/10/2016

I recently attended a wedding and couldn't get over how stunning the flowers were! I found out they were from Brookehill Flowers. I look forward to personally using them when needed.

Sent on 10/08/2016