Bristol Harbour Reviews

31 | Canandaigua, NY

31 Reviews for Bristol Harbour

31 Bristol Harbour Reviews

Michael · Married on 09/01/2017

Absolutely AMAZING place to have a wedding and reception. We got married, had our reception and stayed all in the same place. The views are absolutely breath taking resulting in some of the most beautiful photos. The food was incredible and the service was also phenomenal as well.

We truly felt like we were guests at our own wedding. We did not need to worry or think about anything on the wedding day. All the details were taken care of by Heather. She does an amazing job and checks in multiple times with you during the night to make sure everything is running smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple getting married.

One of our favorite parts was that once the ceremony was completed and we were escorted over to the wedding party only section where pictures would be taken. Staff was waiting with drinks and appetizers so we could also enjoy the happy hour while taking wedding photos with the rest of the party.

We brought our own decor for the centerpieces and the team set them up along with the favors in such a beautiful manner.

We both wish we could live the day over again with Bristol Harbour and have plans on going there for our anniversary. Absolutely incredible views, service, and hotel rooms.

Many people approaches us during the night and after telling us it was there favorite wedding they have every attended.

Angela · Married on 11/19/2016

We could not say enough great things about Bristol Harbour or the staff! Sara the wedding planner is beyond phenomenal! She kept us on track along the way and helps us to find other amazing vendors for our day. The staff on our big day was fantastic and went above and beyond to be sure everything was perfect. Our 220 guests had nothing but great things and compliments for the venue and staff. Huge thank you again to Sara and all of the staff!! We would absolutely use them again if we plan any events in the future!

Natalie · Married on 09/02/2016

I could not be happier with choosing Bristol as our ceremony & reception site. We got married in September and had the most beautiful day. They just recently renovated the entire space and I can't say enough with how beautiful it is. We rented a cottage, for two nights. The night before we were able to set up some of the decorations that needed to be hung (and others I wanted to do because I am very specific!) We had our rehearsal and then were able to have everyone back to the cottage for snacks and drinks. Sara attended the rehearsal and then was back bright and early in the morning to make sure we had everything we needed. My girls and I were able to wake up right in our room, have our hair and make up done in the living room and attempt to relax overlooking the most amazing view. It couldn't have been better. Some things as simple as taking my purse and making sure everything was at our head table when we got there, leading us off right after the ceremony so we could have a few minutes to process, and bringing my family and I a quick shot right before to calm our nerves, she was perfect the entire time.
    I also want to talk about Sara during the renovation process. This won't happen again for future brides but I thought I would share. When we first put our deposit down with Sara, I think 3 months later, we were informed they had been bought out from new management. I immediately started writing e-mails asking what does this mean, what is changing, is my price changing, normal stuff. Sara immediately responded and calmed my nerves. Then a few months later I got another e-mail that the place was being renovated... the place we initially fell in love with was changing. Again, I immediately e-mail Sara with 400 questions and within a day, had everything I needed to know and pictures of what was to come, and started following her on Facebook to get weekly photo updates. The whole process could not have been handled better in my opinion. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place.

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2016

Bristol Harbour is the perfect place to get married. The view, food, and accommodations were beyond what I ever could have hoped for. The wedding coordinator, Sara was unbelievably supportive throughout the whole experience and made sure we could have the wedding of our dreams while also staying on our budget. Almost all of our guests approached us saying this was one of, if not the, best weddings they had ever been to and I give a lot of that credit to our amazing venue!

My wedding day could not have been more perfect, and a lot of that is due to Bristol Harbour. First, the location is just breathtaking. I knew it was our location after the first visit. The food was amazing, and plentiful, people were taking doggy bags home. Additionally, Sara Goff is the best. From our first visit to the venue, she was the one we worked with and spoke to the entire time. She was always timely with her responses, and never seemed bothered by my endless questions. Even on the day of, she helped to put me at ease by being so laid back. I would recommend anyone on the fence about this place to jump and book!!

From the moment that I walked into the Bristol Harbour Resort to look at it as a perspective place for the reception, I knew THIS IS THE PLACE! First off, Sara Goff is INCREDIBLY supportive and helpful. She was organized and helped me through the whole process. We used the Great Room and had about 215 guests that fit so comfortably. The food was DELICIOUS (we did a served dinner). The room is so beautiful and it looks over the lake. The bridal party arrived a little before the cocktail hour started to take photos, so Sara took me into the room so I could take it all in before it was filled with people. Oh, it was stunning. She set up everything exactly as I wanted and I was speechless as to how everything came together so well! The room is beautiful just by its self. You do not need to add much! Its a great mix of classy and rustic, which worked nicely for my husband as I am from New York and he is from Minnesota. I can not express how much I loved having my reception here! YOU SHOULD DO IT! Seriously, its the best and it will just make the day that much more special.

Allison · Married on 05/30/2015

We loved Bristol Harbour! Our wedding was fabulous and Bristol's Coordinator, Sara was amazing to work with!

Kimberly · Married on 11/01/2014

Bristol Harbour is a wonderful venue for a wedding reception. Sara and her team go above and beyond to make sure every question you have is answered and that everything is just the way you want it. Between me and my father, we must have sent Sara 100 (ok maybe more) emails throughout the entire planning process, and never once did she make us feel like we were bothering her. She always responded quickly, pleasantly, and most importantly always had an answer or a suggestion for us. On the big day, everything went off without a hitch. By the time the wedding came around, Sara felt like family, and I remember being so happy to see her when we got to the reception venue after our ceremony! The service is wonderful. The venue itself is stunning. If you choose Bristol Harbour for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!

Kimberly · Married on 11/01/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/07/2014

Bristol Harbour was a perfect place for a wedding our pictures are amazing! It's a great location and great service! So glad I was able to get married here!

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

We are SO happy that we chose Bristol Harbour as our wedding venue! I would describe the setting as "rustic chic" and although I initially wasn't sure if that was the style I wanted for my wedding, I immediately fell in love with everything about the venue when we visited. The scenery is breathtaking and the accommodations are great, too. Working with Sara Goff was wonderful -- she was incredibly helpful and answered any and all questions. All of our guests raved about the food and the experience overall. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get married in the Finger Lakes region! We can't wait to go back and visit for our anniversary.

Catie · Married on 04/12/2014

We were married at Bristol Harbour, Your Five Seasons Resort on 4/12/14 and it was an absolutely amazing experience all around. Your event coordinator, Sara Goff, was FANTASTIC-- she was in contact with me by email the entire year of planning. Some weeks I had multiple questions and she always got back to me very promptly. The day of she is there to make sure everything goes smoothly. You do not need to hire a wedding coordinator, in my opinion, if you go with this venue, because you have their event coordinator, Sara, and she is amazing! The past 3 weeks we have spent reminiscing about what a perfect day it was, what a wonderful time we had with our entire wedding party in the cottages all weekend (they have cottages on the property you can rent for the whole wedding party-if you choose), the food, the view, ETC ETC. This is an absolutely perfect wedding and reception venue-you cant beat the view of Canandaigua Lake, the food is amazing, the rooms/cottages are very nice, and pricing (esp in the off season) is very reasonable for what you get. I would give it more than 5 stars if I could!!!! -Catie & Alex Peck

Everything about our wedding was perfect. I have absolutely no complaints. The food was delicious, the place itself was beautiful, and every employee I encountered was incredibly nice and helpful. Sara, the event coordinator, is amazing - I don't even know how many times I emailed her and she was always pleasant and helpful. She even organized our ceremony rehearsal! They took care of EVERYTHING so that we could have the most relaxing, wonderful, fun day ever. We had our rehearsal dinner there, and that was amazing as well. Get married here!

Jill · Married on 11/09/2013

We had a wonderful experience with Bristol Harbour. Sara Goff, the events coordinator ensured that our day turned out just as we had envisioned. She allowed us to have flexibility so that our wedding was unique to us. We worked with vendors that have done weddings at Bristol Harbour previously which allowed for our wedding to go very smoothly. Trust me when I say that this venue and Sara know what they are doing and will make your wedding absolutely amazing! My advice if you were to choose this venue (which you should!) would be to have your guests book their rooms as soon as possible, and utlized the cottages on the venues property.

Diana · Married on 09/28/2013

Sara and the rest of Bristol Harbour were amazing to work with!!! It was so easy knowing that everything was taken care of by people who do this all the time with such professionalism and accuracy. The entire event was a complete success including the planning ahead of time! I could email or call Sara whenever I had a question and she always answered and made me feel like I wasn't bothering her even though I knew she was busy. She was very easy to work with and made me feel like I was her only bride getting married that day or even that weekend. the view is gorgeous, the food was amazing and the service was top notch. Bristol Harbour was definitely worth the price and I wouldn't hesitate to tell everyone I know to get married there just for the ease of planning alone! Plus- the fireworks show that was added on was SPECTACULAR and we are so glad we did that. Everything at Bristol was so simple, easy and amazing. It's almost been a year and I still have people telling me it's the best wedding they've been too still! Do yourselves a favor- book here or at least try to attend a wedding once in your life here! Thank you everyone at Bristol Harbour for making our day a success!!!

Colby · Married on 09/14/2013

Love, love, LOVE Bristol Harbour! Not only is the view and atmosphere absolutely stunning but the entire staff is helpful and made our wedding flow smoothly. I am so happy we chose BH for our wedding :)

Peggy · Married on 10/12/2012

Perfect place to get married! The view is stunning and the staff is so wonderful. Sara was so helpful and made sure our day was perfect. Amazing food, too!

Shannon · Married on 06/05/2010

Bristol Harbor created the perfect wedding for us. From the day we got engaged, we know BH was where we wanted to get married. They did not disappoint. Sara Goff was WONDERFUL to work with. She was flexible and accommodating; she was able to keep me calm and relaxed. She took care of everything! She was available by email, phone and always pleasant when we dropped by the resort. She made helpful suggestions and was more like a friend helping me plan my wedding. Sara also has a great staff to assist her; Karen, the head server, was fabulous. All the servers that night were pleasant and helpful. The day was completely perfect. I stayed overnight the night before and got ready in one of the beautiful rooms in the lodge. The view and scenery of the resort are like no other. My guests all commented on how beautiful everything was and how laid back the wedding was. BH staff took care of everything, every bride should be as lucky as I was to work with such wonderful people. Thank you for making my dream come true.

Valerie · Married on 09/26/2009

Bristol Harbour went above and beyond to make our wedding everything that we imagined and more. The staff is amazing, friendly, helpful, and fun. The food was outstanding. The whole weekend was just awesome and we can't thank Bristol Harbour enough. They truly created the wedding of our dreams.

Bristol Harbour is unique to us as it is a resort so we were able to have our ceremony outside overlooking the lake and our reception inside the resort. We were able to sleep right at the resort and have breakfast with our guests the following morning. The guys were able to golf the morning of the wedding and take in the beauty of the area. Sara, the event coordinator, is amazing. She provided us with everything we needed to make the wedding of our dreams. We are from Connecticut and to have someone at Bristol Harbour making sure everything is perfect was a huge weight off our shoulders. Sara was only an email or call away and always answered our questions no matter how small or stupid they may have been. Sara is wonderful and provided us with a list of recommend people in the area to use for DJ, Cake, etc. It was great to have that resource. Bristol Harbour is an amazing place to go even just for the weekend. We would highly recommend Bristol Harbour to anyone.

Keleigh · Married on 09/23/2016

Sara is amazing! Our wedding was so beautiful. She takes time to understand every detail you want captured and ensures the venue is laid out accordingly. We got married in the Main Dining Room with the adirondack/rustic ambiance. The weather was looking like it may rain - but Sara let us keep our plan to be married outside under the trellis. It ended up being PERFECT for wedding photos! The food was amazing as well. We received so many compliments about how perfect our day was. I highly recommend Bristol Harbour for a beautiful upstate NY wedding!

Darcy · Married on 09/06/2015

Our wedding was beautiful and we absolutely loved the venue and the service. Sara is incredible to work with. Everything was great - the room, the food and the view!

Kate · Married on 04/11/2015

Bristol Harbour provided an ideal venue for our wedding. We capitalized on one of the specials that they offered and were able to book our dream venue at a much more affordable price. You cannot beat the view and accommodations that they offer. Sara Goff was absolutely spectacular to work with and I would highly recommend doing an event there simply to work with her. She is straightforward and flexible, truly wanting to make the day what YOU want it to be.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Our wedding date: September 6, 2014 in the Great Room.

Our experience at Bristol Harbour and with Sara was amazing!! After visiting several beautiful venues in the Finger Lakes area our hearts settled here.

From the view of Canandaigua Lake, to the feel when you walk inside and finally, Sara's warm welcome and wealth of experience really leave no question as to why Bristol Harbour is such a gem in the Finger Lakes.

Sara made us feel like we were the only wedding of 2014 and when the day finally came, her and her team made the day flow seamlessly...we felt like we were in a dream! The value seemed great as many venues charged a room rental in addition to the food and bar. We liked how Bristol wrapped everything up in a simple package which was very competitive in terms of price.

We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day at a more perfect place. Thank you so much to Sara and her team for making us feel so special. We want to do it all over again!

Bethany · Married on 07/26/2012

Our experience with Bristol Harbour was exceptional. We had a very different style of wedding, opting for a Thursday morning wedding followed by a brunch, with a separate dance party that evening. With this option, we didn't have to pay the room fees normally required for the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday crowd. Also the hotel rooms were much cheaper for our guests during the week. This place is a wedding factory, pumping out multiple weddings every weekend during the summer and by picking an off day, we were able to have the full attention of the resort for both us and our guests and the flexibility to do things differently. The coordinator at Bristol Harbour is phenomenal and I have no doubt she can handle any challenge. Every idea we had, she either said they'd done it, or could do it without any hesitation which gave us a lot of confidence in the resort. She really made our experience with the resort top notch. The morning of the event she was right there, coordinating us down the aisle, and getting guests to where they needed to be. I would overwhelmingly recommend the resort to any bride.

Pros: The amazing location cannot be beat and the uniqueness of the resort really stands out from other options. The staff at this resort was among the best. Everyone we met from the resort left us with a good feeling. Waitstaff, bartenders, front desk, and cleaning staff were all friendly and accommodating in every respect. The resort has top notch accommodations. I would recommend the cabins for getting ready in as there is more room than the hotel rooms. For guests with mobility problems, do recommend they reserve rooms on the first or second floor as there are no elevators. Each room is clean and has access to the porch. There are many things for guests to do on location: Golf, pool, lakeside, boat slips. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how beautiful everything was. The food was great for all three of our individual parties. We did buffet's for each one so I cannot comment on the plated meals.

A few things I didn't like. Them being located in NY wine country, and not offering a finger lakes wine with any of the bar packages, we had to pay per bottle to add a finger lakes Riesling to our bar menu. Then they have an absurd markup on their wines! For example, a Bully Hill wine in the store ~$7 is ~24 per bottle in the restaurant or for your bar, and they don't cut you a deal for your party. The top shelf bar doesn't include some liquors you might expect, for example SoCo, so ask about that. The onsite restaurant is somewhat pricey, however the food they serve is great but it might be a concern for some guests on a budget.

Again, everything about our stay and wedding at Bristol was beyond our expectations.

Laura · Married on 06/17/2016

We had our wedding at Bristol Harbour on June 17, 2016 in the Bristol Room & Terrace. Working with Sara was great; she was incredibly helpful during the planning and worked wonders to make sure our day was as flawless and stress-free as possible. The rest of the staff (management, servers, front desk staff, everyone!) was fantastic as well, from set-up, to serving, to accommodating every need our guests had. The facilities were stunning before, and somehow the new owners have made Bristol Harbour even better right before our wedding, so thank you! The food was all delicious, just like it was at our tasting. One thing to note (which we personally didn’t mind!): the view of the lake and surrounding hills absolutely cannot be beat and the new fire pit was a HUGE draw for our guests, so considering our wedding was on one of the longest days of the year, it wasn’t until later in the evening that everyone started dancing. We have absolutely no complaints though; there was something for everyone and our wedding day was unforgettable!