Brilliant Earth Reviews

430 | San Francisco, CA

430 Reviews for Brilliant Earth

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

This was the only place that I could find the edwardian style I was looking for and also trust the quality of what I was getting. If you do not want a traditional looking ring, this is a great site to check out. Also, the ring box was really nice and made of wood.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Cara · Married on 10/22/2016

My fiance bought my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. I wanted a delicate, dainty, antique looking ring and he scored big with Brilliant Earth. My ring is perfect. They even have the matching band.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

We are really trying to be as eco-friendly as possible for our wedding. We went with a manmade diamond for my engagement ring. We're extremely happy with the ring and the accompanying wedding ring and so happy to support the mission of this company.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Alexis · Married on 10/08/2016

For several months my then boyfriend and I had been searching for a unique engagement ring set around our city for around $5000. We had settled on finding a peach colored sapphire and I had designed several setting options to show the stores. We had found a place that said they could do everything we wanted, all custom work, and still stay around our budget. Well, after we had spent several weeks working with them, creating designs and communicating details back and forth, that store told us that they could only get us a peach colored sapphire in a cushion cut at less than 1 carat for $1700. The setting was going to be $6500 for just the engagement ring, not including the wedding band. Needless to say we were super frustrated. I happened to have been looking at Brilliant Earth's antique ring collection and on a whim I emailed them to see what it would cost to find a peach sapphire, 1.50 to 2.00 carats plus a matched set. The two ladies I had been working with were phenomenal in their communication with me. They made sure to check in a couple of times a week via email since we are in Montana and couldn't just pop into the store. Katie was who I started out with, but when she went on vacation right at the time we were flying in to pick out the ring, she left us with Kara who was just as fantastic. The atmosphere of their showroom is great. They are low pressure and really try to help you figure out what is the best look for you. They have a wonderful selection on their own and they found 7-10 stones to look at. He proposed last Monday and my ring is absolutely gorgeous. A 1.78 emerald cut peach sapphire set in a vintage style rose gold setting with a matching eternity band. I would definitely visit them again.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Paige · Married on 10/01/2016

I discovered Brilliant Earth and instantly fell in love with their mission of using conflict-free diamonds. I shared my ideas on the website and a consultant was immediately in touch. Having a unique design in mind for the engagement ring, I was skeptical if we would be able to find it. The consultant, Ashley, was spot-on in helping me find exactly what I wanted! My fiancé and I loved being able to create the ring and thus make it all the most significant. Brilliant Earth's responsiveness and quality design have made this into a wonderful experience beyond just finding the perfect ring!

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • User4820641 · 2+ years ago

They make such beautiful jewelry at a great price. I absolutely love my ring and it makes you feel great knowing that it was beyond conflict free and helping others!

Sent on 03/04/2015

My fiance and I had been searching for an engagement ring we both liked, and we kept coming back to Brilliant Earth. We were weary of ordering such an expensive item online at first, but we are so glad we did! I got the Hudson ring with a man-made .45 carat diamond.... it is the perfect size ring so you can still work and not have it get caught on things and very showy! The customer service was great; apparently the debit card didn't go through the first time because there was a bank limit but BE contacted him immediately and got it resolved. I would highly suggest them to anyone!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Brilliant Earth provides sustainable, reasonably priced, high-quality, and unique jewelry. I am constantly complimented on my engagement ring for its brilliance and uniqueness! Customer service is wonderful and responsive. We are looking into purchasing wedding bands here as well.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Emily · Married on 08/12/2016

Brilliant Earth has been a pleasure to work with. Their work is beautiful, intricate, unique, and ethical, while still being reasonably priced for the value! The show room is simple and elegant, without being too overwhelming. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and very helpful, straight forward and timely when I needed to have my ring resized. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Brilliant Earth is environmentally and socially conscious in their sourcing, avoiding any gem or metal mines with history of blood diamonds or inhumane treatment of workers. This responsibility is why we initially chose to do business with them.

We went in for a free consultation to see options in January. It was a beautiful location. The mutual respect present between us and vendor was very reassuring.

I tried on a few rings and narrowed down my hopes to two options. We looked at three diamonds to get a sense for how to assess quality, and my fiancé could see color really well so we knew that would be a priority for us.

There is a chat-room for questions on their website, and I received a prompt response to questions about wedding band options, and again came away feeling honored.

My engagement ring is so perfect. It is exactly me. They are great with custom orders, and I couldn't be more happy.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Brittany · Married on 07/23/2016

My fiance worked with Brilliant Earth to pick the most unique and stunning engagement ring I have ever seen. He said they were easy to work with, responsive and all around great. We will be getting our wedding bands from Brilliant Earth.

Sent on 09/03/2015

My fiancee designed my ring through Brilliant Earth and it is absolutely amazing! He had a great experience working with the Brilliant Earth team, and I could not be happier with the final product. Well crafted ring, with an absolutely stunning diamond! So happy with my engagement ring! We will definitely be back at Brilliant Earth to design my wedding band.

Sent on 09/28/2015

My fiancé and I purchased a lab-created sapphire engagement ring from Brilliant Earth. The ring is beautiful. And most importantly, the gems, diamonds, and metals used for jewelry from this company do not support slavery.

Sent on 01/07/2016

LOVED several of the designs on the website. Best of all, they had lab-created diamonds available. The ring I got was stunning and I have gotten several compliments on it!
    Everyone we worked with were really responsive and helpful. Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband just got me the most beautiful diamond earrings for our anniversary from Brilliant Earth! We have been customers since we designed my engagement ring and our wedding bands with them a few years ago. I get compliments on my rings (and new earrings!) all the time. Everyone we've worked with at the company has been super friendly and helpful each time we've been back. We've referred a few friends to them who have also had glowing feedback. I meant to write a review after our wedding but luckily my husband just gave me a good reminder to do it now!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Kathryn · Married on 05/21/2016

My fiance and I started looking for engagement rings over a year ago. Honestly the amount of Facebook ads you get served for rings when you've been in a relationship with the same person for several years is pretty astounding. Eventually, I clicked on the Brilliant Earth ads and was immediately intrigued by their commitment to ethically sourced diamonds and recycled gold. We ended up making a trip from LA to their showroom in San Francisco and taking a look at a bunch of rings. They taught us the basics of the 4 C's and showed us settings and stones. I'm really glad we went in person, because I ended up going for a really different look once I started trying things on. They made the process really easy for my fiance from that point forward and he was able to customize the design and have it engraved making even more special and unique to us. I felt like I could trust them and I liked all the transparency—they tell you where the stone is from and provide a GIA certificate for most of their stones as well. We ended up going with something fairly traditional, yellow gold, cushion cut diamond, but I was interested to hear in the non-traditional options they offer as well—colored gemstones, semi-precious gems, and antique rings as well. I would definitely use them again to design a custom piece of jewelry.

Sent on 05/12/2015

My fiance bought me a ring from them - it is stunning and I love it. Their quality is top notch.

Sent on 10/23/2015

The customer service team was extremely helpful with choosing the right diamond. My Husband needed the ring in a rush and they got it to us very quickly.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Amy · Married on 04/08/2016

I came across Brilliant Earth a few years ago. They were an advertiser on my Facebook wall. I checked out the link, because the ring that was displayed was incredible. It was the first time I had ever felt that AHHH moment over an engagement ring. Even though I was not near the engagement stage of our relationship, I decided to check out the company. I was so happy to read the company's mission statement. I love that they offer non-conflict gems and give a portion of their proceeds back to the communities from which they mine. I signed up for their emails and have loved to much of what I've seen.

When it came time for my fiance to get an engagement ring, he remembered how highly I spoke of Brilliant Earth. Given that it was years later, I was shocked to see that he had picked out the first ring that caught my eye. When a vacation opportunity came up suddenly, he decided it was the perfect chance to propose. Even though he had less than 3 weeks, the team at Brilliant Earth helped him to customize, order, and receive the ring in time. It arrived the day before we left for vacation!

It was a wonderfully memorable moment. And it was made possible with their help. I'm so grateful!

Sent on 03/10/2015

LOVE LOVE LOVE this company. First of all, WHY would you EVER buy an engagement ring at the mall, when you could get an ethically sourced, totally traceable absolutely stunning, super affordable diamond from BE?! I can't even understand. My fiance and I looked at rings here and there, but ultimately, for the price, and the quality, BE rose far above the competition. First of all, when you call them, a human answers, immediately; like a really friendly human too. Also, they do financing, so My fiance was able to open a line of credit, and has 12 months to pay off the ring interest free. We'll also get our wedding rings from BE which we will put on the same line of credit, and for which we will have an additional 12 months interest free to pay off. Amazing. When I called my insurance company (USAA) to add my ring, the *gemologist*told me that for them to replace my ring, it would cost them $6,000 more than i had paid for it. Can you even believe that? Ultimately we went with Lavalier Insurance for the ring, as recommended by BE. Seriously, I love Brilliant Earth, and I love what they stand for. I'm so proud of my recycled gold, canadian diamond, made in their shop in San Francisco, USA. I even know which diamond mine it came from in Canada, and the company that mined it provides a living wage and health benefits to their employees. Obviously, if you're into name brands rings and things then this place probably isn't for you, but if you're smarter than that, go with Brilliant Earth. Seriously.

Sent on 04/28/2015
  • User3921928 · 2+ years ago

The 5 star review for this place should tell you all you need to know. I received my engagement ring and wedding band from Brilliant Earth and they are stunning. I'll recommend this place again and again!

Sent on 01/01/2016

My fiance bought my ring from Brilliant Earth... it is far more beautiful than either of us could have imagined. The service was fantastic, it came in a beautiful wooden box and shipped seamlessly. They require a signature, which we both really appreciated for security.

Sent on 08/27/2015

My fiance bought my engagement ring here and I went with him to the show room where everyone was very kind and helpful.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Jinny · Married on 10/17/2015

I cannot recommend Brilliant Earth highly enough. It was very important to me that a purchase as meaningful as wedding jewelry be environmentally and socially friendly, challenging qualities to come by in the jewelry industry. Facebook suggested Brilliant Earth to me many years ago and I looked at their website and fell in love: beautiful designs made with responsibly sourced materials at reasonable prices. When my husband was choosing my engagement ring I recommended he check out the website. After initially being wary about shopping for diamonds online, he called Brilliant Earth and worked with a representative over the phone to custom design my ring and select the stones for it. He said it was an amazing experience and the person he worked with was both incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Both he and I absolutely love the finished product. When it came time to chose wedding bands, I knew that I wanted the companion wedding band to my engagement ring. We shopped around to determine what my husband would chose and wound up coming back to Brilliant Earth. We wound up placing our order a little late in the game, but the representative worked with us to make sure we had our rings on time (I believe we ordered them on Oct 1 or 2 for a Oct 17 wedding - cutting it close!). We both love our rings as they are beautiful and comfortable (Mine the Delicate Antique Scroll band and his 4mm comfort fit in white gold). I am so happy to have had such a great experience with such an ethically responsible company!

Sent on 11/17/2016

My fiance and I had done a little window shopping before we got engaged, but we did not go to Brilliant Earth together. Unknown to me, he had spoken with Beth, who listened to what he was looking for, understood what was important to us, and then set out to find the perfect stone. She hit it on the head! When she found what she thought was EXACTLY what I would fall in love with she prompted informed my fiance. They were great with the logistics of getting it to him for the last minute, turn of events, engagement weekend. And when we returned to San Francisco, she was very helpful with showing us various settings for the beautiful stone they sold us and providing the pros and cons as we worked through exactly what we wanted.

I would highly recommend Brilliant Earth and Beth to anyone interested in purchasing jewelry. They have beautiful diamonds, at great prices, with exceptional customer service. It was absolutely the kind of experience you want for this special occasion.

Sent on 01/18/2015