Bright Blue Events Reviews

44 | Los Angeles, CA

44 Reviews for Bright Blue Events

john · Married on 10/19/2013

"Having worked with Many Event planners for over 35 years I have to say that Carole is the BEST! She can handle any Event, is Calm, always 2 steps ahead, Charming, can get noisy Neighbors silenced beautifully, Flustered Brides Settled & elated with her solutions, other Vendors RESPECT her & do exactly as she directs. Just Love her, it's always a pleasure to work with her! If you want a flawless perfectly executed Event that everyone raves about Always get Carole, postpone the event if she's not Available, she's that GOOD!!"

Sent on 05/23/2014

mary · Married on 09/28/2013

Carole was amazing. It was like planning a wedding with a friend who did everything for you! There is no way I could have pulled off our dream wedding on budget without her. I did little to no research, just let Carole take the lead and that was all I needed to do! She has amazing taste and a crazy ability to pretty much read your mind!

The flowers she provided for the event were gorgeous--I was blown away that it was our wedding! For a bride that said she didn't care about the flowers, I was sure glad that Carole did because it made such a huge difference in the atmosphere of the room.

She was a calming and professional presence through our entire planning process. Without Carole, I would have lost my mind. Do yourself a favor and call her for your event. I'm glad I did!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Jason · Married on 09/14/2013

I'm writing this from the perspective of a groom who was involved in the vendor selection process and the wedding, but not much in between. Carole was very organized and helpful leading up to our wedding day, but she completely exceeded our expectations the day of the wedding. My wife did the majority of our planing and Carole saved us because we live in Texas and Carole helped us to manage the event in Malibu. Our first planner was a huge disappointment (DB Creativity, Dana) and we forfeited our deposit to go with Carol. I can't say enough about her. I'm happy to talk to anyone who has questions about our experience.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Krystal · Married on 08/24/2013

Hiring Carole Grogan of Bright Blue Events was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. 5+ stars!!! She was undoubtedly the biggest asset for our wedding and a total gem. I cannot rave enough about her and cannot thank her enough for everything she did to give us the wedding of our dreams.

Carole is detail oriented, organized, responsive, responsible, and is one of very few people who address questions directly. She has a wealth of knowledge that she generously shares, from vendor recommendations to answering general questions. She had the insight to ask us about items that we hadn’t even considered and she had the experience to recommend solutions for situations we just couldn’t figure out on our own.

Working with Carole was so natural – she has a very calm and soothing demeanor. And at the same time, she is thinking, and observing, and paying attention. Carole is extremely detail oriented and seriously and passionately she takes her role. She made a point to visit our venue multiple times before the wedding to make sure everything was organized and covered. Carole designed a magnificent floor plan and layout for us and also produced a detailed timeline.

The flowers that Carole provided for the wedding were above and beyond anything I expected! The flowers were beautiful, smelled wonderful, and completely encompassed the look and feel of our wedding.

On our wedding day, Carole and her team organized all of our vendors and took care of all of the little details and requests that we just couldn’t attend to. NOTHING slipped through the cracks. All of the signs, menus, favors (including specific favors for specific guests), place cards, and photos were exactly where they should have been! Every single detail was meticulously taken care of.

If you are planning a wedding and are looking for someone thoughtful, organized, and detail oriented to deliver a fantastic and well executed day, hire Carole and Bright Blue Events!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Sierra · Married on 08/03/2013

Carole and her Bright Blue Event team were fantastic. We had a DIY wedding where we made all our own fabric flowers and favors and I am so thankful we had a professional helping us organize.

We hired Carole for day of coordination, but she was always available with advice and suggestions from the moment we hired her. In our 3 month prior meeting, she brought up details that I never would have thought of and it would have been disastrous had they been forgotten!

Just knowing she was there allowed me to enjoy the wedding without a single stressful thought. It isnt until now ( a month later) that my friends/ set up crew are telling stories of what went wrong- the cake stand broke, the tables were late- but none of the guests (nor bride & groom) noticed because she fixed it!

She provided us with a timeline that she generously updated every time I had another "bright idea." The timeline allowed all my friends and family and vendors to know exactly when they needed to be where they needed to be. I thought I was a simple lady, until I tried to organize my wedding.

I highly recommend Carole & I promise she is worth every penny.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Carrie · Married on 06/16/2013

Carole and her team were absolutely amazing. She made my vision come true. I wouldn't have known where to start. Carole knows the LA area and its rentals extremely well - she knew exactly where to go to pick up the rentals that made our wedding extra special. Our wedding was absolutely breathe taking and unique. Her services were the best value of all venders, well worth the expense.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Shira · Married on 05/18/2013

Carole and her team were AMAZING!

We hired Carole as our day-of coordinator. We could not be happier that we did because Carole really went above and beyond the normal call of duty to make our wedding PERFECT. During the planning, she always remained extremely organized and calm and provided great ideas and solutions. During the day itself, her team was coordinated, always in the right spot, and anticipating every need. Below is a more detailed account, but in short, I cannot recommend Carole and her team enough— they were absolutely wonderful.

From early on, Carole got involved by recommending vendors based on our discussions, attending vendor meetings with us, by helping negotiate contracts, and by developing an exhaustive timeline of our wedding day. The vendors that Carole recommended each had exactly what we asked Carole to find, offered a cost that fit our budget, and worked seamlessly with her team.

As we got closer to our wedding day, Carole was so organized and provided us with timelines for us, our vendors, and for our family, with layout drawings of the venue, with lists identifying our wedding party and family members.

On the wedding day, her team seemed to be everywhere we needed them and everywhere running the show. Her team made sure we were all in the right places for all of the pictures; collected and cataloged all the gifts we received; coordinated the ceremony music; adjusted the lighting in the reception room; and kept the caterer, band, and everyone else on schedule. At the end of the night when we went back to the bridal suite, we found the room decorated in flowers, with our ketubah beautifully displayed, some snacks set out for us, and two glasses of champagne. This was entirely Carole's doing, and such a special gift to us.

In the end, Carole made our lives easier and our wedding day more special, which is all I could really ask for. We really can’t thank her enough. We recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Meghan · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I were looking for someone to help us day of our wedding. Carole delivered that and more!

She guided us through three months out till day of. We could not have done this without her!! When we hit speed bumps she was there easing our way, when we had issues with vendors she put out the fires and made things smooth again, when we were in need of a vendor she presented us a list of amazing people to choose from. We had a perfect wedding and it was all because of Carole. Her professionalism, responsiveness, calm, delightful and fun loving attitude are unmatched. She went above and beyond and did it with a smile and ease. We are eternally grateful for finding her and cannot recommend her and her staff (especially Ryan) enough!!!

Sent on 05/18/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/12/2013

Carole was the Day of Coordinator at my wedding, and I also hired her and her fabulous team to do the bouquets and boutenierres of the parents and bridal party. Carole was there for me 100%. Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about her. That being said, I'm going to try anyway:

She always got back to me right away whenever I had any questions, or concerns, and she gave me vendor recommendations within my budget. She got my whole "rustic chic" vision better than I did, and executed the most gorgeous bouquets. And most importantly, she was the consummate professional during every meeting, and the rehearsal dinner. Finally, on the Big Day, as much as my stomach was turning from nerves, I knew that with Carole and Ryan running the show I need not worry about the actual logistics of the ceremony and party. Everything went off without a hitch, and I got to sit back and actually enjoy the most unbelievably relaxed and beautiful wedding day.

In all seriousness, if you are getting married, or planning another event that requires a pro to come in and take care of business, do yourself a favor: hire Bright Blue Events. You are going to be blown away. I know I was.

Sent on 04/26/2013

Alice · Married on 10/27/2012

Carole and her staff were GREAT!

How we found her:
    - She showed us a venue that we didn't end up taking. At that time, we weren't planning on getting a coordinator, but were so impressed by her that we decided to spend the extra money to hire her.

Here are some reasons why:

- She's legitimately experienced for wedding planning and event coordination--she has a culinary arts degree, owned her own catering business for years, and has a background in installation art (you can trust her aesthetic). She's not just a friend of a friend who likes pretty things and might be kind of organized.

- She's adept at keeping everyone peaceful and calm. It sounds silly, but there's something strangely soothing and calming about the way she communicates and negotiates. It's a talent that not many people have. This is immensely important when you're planning a fairly large event with multiple vendors and sometimes many differing opinions.

- She's extremely accessible and gracious with her time. We only hired her for our day-of, but she provided so much more valuable advice than we expected.

- She's very professional, well connected (for example, when we were venue hunting, she was able to recommend several cool spots via connections she had), and has a great list of vendors of varying price ranges.

- **She goes above and beyond** As mentioned, she made herself available to answer all of our questions and give advice even though we hired her for just the day-of. We could go on. Even my friends helping with setup raved about how efficient and awesome the Bright Blue team was.

Thanks Bright Blue!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Jenn · Married on 10/07/2012

Carole was amazing.

My wedding was amazing! A seventy-five guest, do-it-yourself, rustic-elegant wedding in Topanga Canyon, CA. We met Carole early-on, just after securing our venue, and immediately, we felt confident of her services. At that moment, I was aware I needed someone the day my wedding to “take care of things” yet, I had no idea what that truly meant.

The day of our wedding everything ran according to plan (at least, that is how I felt - awesome feeling for a bride). Carole and I had worked together to combine on all the “day-of“ details. So, even when there were last minute changes, we knew we would be alright. Carole’s team fit right in - professional and you can tell they love what they do which made our special day even more enjoyable.

A wedding is it’s own beautiful, emotional production. I was able to fully relax and take-in every sweet moment of my wedding day.

I highly recommend Carole Grogan & Bright Blue Events

Sent on 12/08/2012
  • I

Ida · Married on 09/22/2012

Not only did I find great peace knowing Carole and her team were producing my wedding, I also found a new friend. Our wedding was two weekends ago and I can honestly say that I miss her emails. Carole is very organized, a gem to work with, creative, and quickly responsive (and this is coming from someone that lives in New York). Planning a San Diego wedding from New York was no easy task, and I am so happy that I chose Carole for my wedding coordination and will be recommending her to many couples - which is how my husband and I found her.

Wedding planning can be overwhelming with the great amount of choices - make this one easy on yourself and book Bright Blue Event. I highly recommend it.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/14/2012

I cannot say "Thank you" enough to Carole and her staff for making my wedding day amazing! I hired Carole at Bright Blue for her "Day of" services, but she went above and beyond just being there on the day of the wedding. Carole helped us to develope a timeline for our wedding that was so smooth it practically went off without a hitch. She was there helping me to get organized from the day I hired her and kept everything so organized that I hardly felt stressed at all! I could go on and on about how wonderful Carole and her staff are, but to keep it short all I really want to say is how perfect our wedding turned out thanks to Carole and her staff.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Paulette · Married on 01/08/2012

What can I say! If you are getting married look no further and book this lady immediately! Seriously!! This was the BEST thing we could have done! I just got married 2 weeks ago and managed to stay pretty stress free but that was because we had Carole from Bright Blue Events. She is just the nicest person, professional, friendly, not phased by anything, detail orientated and willing to go above and beyond for you. Our day went by without a hitch, unbelievably because she was so on top of it all. She gave us tips and advice when we needed it as well as referrals and just helped to make our day truly one of the best days of our lives. Everyone said it was one of the best wedding they had been to and that is because of the work and detail that Carole and her lovely assistant Ryan put in to our day. They care and we needed that. Book her right now and i promised you will not be disappointed. She was referred to us and i will pass her info on to anyone i know that's is planning a wedding. Carole you made our day and we can never thank you enough. Your the best!!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Kathleen · Married on 11/12/2011

Carole Grogan and her team at Bright Blue Events did a fantastic job with my
    daughter’s recent wedding. She was key in helping me to implement important design elements. Her logistics -- especially the day of the wedding -- were flawless. If you are about to embark on the journey of hosting a wedding for the first time, please be aware that proper coordination is critical to a successful wedding and reception.

My daughter's wedding was a big event with sophisticated guests coming from entertainment, medicine and political backgrounds . Carole's input not only added important classic finishing touches which appealed to my guests, she made everything run smoothly which allowed me to enjoy the occasion.

Carole is a rare individual -- she is patient, capable and professional with exquisite taste. I highly recommend not only her services but her as the consummate professional you will love working with.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2011

Where do I begin?? Everytime I got an email, got off a call or left a meeting with Carole, I said to my now-husband 'Wow - she is just amazing - I love her'! She exceeded every expectation of mine, made wedding planning go as smoothly (and enjoyable) as possible and was so pleasant to be around. I have already booked her for 2 additional events for my company since the wedding. I keep thinking back to my wedding and every perfect detail -- this wouldn't have been possible without Carole Grogan and Bright Blue Events. I would highly recommend them to anyone - and will.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Megan · Married on 05/29/2011

If you are looking for a wedding planner, florist, or just someone to calm your nerves as you plan one of the most important days of your life Bright Blue Events is the place to go. I first came into contact with Carole (owner of Bright Blue) at a friend's wedding. I was so amazed as Carole and her assistants worked their magic throughout the day to keep the event running smoothly. From the smallest details such as where to place the flowers, desserts, centerpieces to the larger events (when to the cut the cake, the first dance, etc) Carole was always on top of the ball. After seeing all of the work that she did and how smoothly the event ran I knew I had to hire Carole for my wedding in May 2011.

Now, Carole had a tough job with me. I lived in Arizona and my wedding was in California but that didn't stop Carole from working with me. She helped me through every step of the way and more. When I would come into town for quick visits Carole always took time out of her schedule to meet with me, which sometimes meant hours and hours of planning. Most of our correspondence was through email due to distance. In terms of communication, Carole went above and beyond. If I emailed her, she got back to me within the day. If I called her, she called right back. She was willing to help with everything and anything. For that reason, I also hired Carole as my florist as well. Who knew someone could have so much talent. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous and my centerpieces were so incredibly beautiful. She worked with flowers and fruit (apples) to make beautiful creations that captured everyones eye. People are still talking about how beautiful each detail was.

Skip forward to the day of my event. I got married in a beautiful botanical garden. Carole had a full minute by minute schedule which was given to all key important people (wedding party, judge, dj, photographer) prior to the big day and she made sure the evening ran according to it. She not only made sure my husband and I were happy but our family and friends as well. If the dj got off track, she put him right back on it. Honestly, I didn't have worry about a thing. She dealt with everyone so that I could just relax and enjoy my night, which was the main reason I hired her. I have been to too many wedding where I had to help stack the chairs or serve drinks or where I saw the bride/groom having to deal with situations that came up throughout the evening. There is something so calming and reassuring knowing you have someone to deal with and solve anything that comes up.

Carole not only was my wedding planner and my florist but she truly became my friend in the process. It felt like I had my best friend beside me each step of the way. One moment that sticks out to me most about Carole is that during the night of my wedding my bustle on my dress broke. When she saw a clear breakaway for me she took me into a small room and fixed it for me. I didn't ask her to do it, I hadn't really even noticed but that is the type of person she is. She wanted to make sure that every small detail was absolutely perfect and she did that for me. I wish there were more words that I could use to describe the amount of thanks and appreciation I have towards her but it can't be described in words. My wedding was the best day of my life and I know it wouldn't have been half as perfect if I didn't have Carole. I would recommend Carole to anyone and everyone. Actually, I already have. My brother and his future wife have hired her for their wedding in May 2012. I can't wait to see her again and I am confident their wedding will be just as wonderful as mine.

So, what are you waiting for? Give her a call, meet her, talk with her about your event. I know you will fall in love with her just as much as I did the first time I met her.

Sent on 10/21/2011

matt · Married on 05/28/2011

On a modest budget and with very little time...Carole and the staff of Bright Blue Events made all our wedding dreams come true.

She made herself available to us whenever we needed her, and she had the most immaculate and refined taste. We originally only enlisted her as our 'day of even coordinator'...but we ended up using her as 'floral designer' as well...which was the best decision we ever made. I can only imagine what she does if you use her as a 'full wedding planner.'

We truly had the wedding of our dreams...and all our family and friends agreed. Again and again, they said our wedding was one of the most beautiful, elegant, and fun weddings they had ever been to. I can't imagine recommending anyone more unreservedly.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Erika · Married on 07/23/2010

Carole was wonderful! She was our savior for our wedding and with out her, there wouldn't have been one.

Long story short, our original wedding plans were canceled due to family conflicts. My husband and I ended up taking the matters into our own hands with only 3 months to go and a severely limited budget. We found Carole through a referral and we couldn't have had a better coordinator.

She was very helpful, knowledgeable, and very open to our questions and concerns. We had our wedding in Santa Barbara (100 miles north of Los Angeles) but it didn't stop Carole from planning our perfect wedding. She helped us find the perfect wedding location, the best restaurant in Montecito, and perfect snacks and goodies for the guests (Which she served to our guests personally!). Everything with the vendors went smoothly as well with her in charge.

She even helped me find a wonderful seamstress who was very inexpensive for my dress alterations a month before the wedding!

Carole definitely went above and beyond her services to help us have the perfect wedding were hoping to have, and we are extremely happy with the results!

My husband and I highly recommend Carole for any event big or small. If we plan to have any other event in the future, we are definitely calling Carole to help us out!

Sent on 08/04/2010