Bridgewood Events Reviews

84 | Portland, OR

84 Reviews for Bridgewood Events

Jackie · Married on 08/09/2013

3.0

Barclay Event Rentals had many options when it came to table centerpieces that we loved. We had the opportunity to work with Tilly, a wonderful wedding planner, and she was very helpful in pulling our ideas into something beautiful. We rented a wishing tree that our guests loved and we are so glad we did because we got to read all of the wishes afterwards and relive the event. The chair covers were beautiful and we are very glad we chose those because they made the venue pull together and all mesh as one.

We did have a few issues with some items such as mirrors being broken upon arrival to the venue and then we got charged extra for them. Also we ordered a few things that they didn't have in stock on the day of so they replaced them and we had half and half on some of the tea light candle holders. All in all, I would recommend them. Thanks for your help Barclay!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/10/2010

3.6
      3.5

We rented tables, chairs, linens and table clothes for my wedding reception. They were always friendly on the phone and easy to work with. When it came to delivery they just came and dropped everything off. We were under the impression since they were the ones who made a diagram for where everything should go, that they would set them up. Instead my husband and his groomsmen the night before had to set up 35 tables and 375 chairs. We also received a white tent that was extremely dirty and unattractive. Some tables had exposed wood and slivers.

Sent on 09/29/2010

3.6
      3.0

Had a good experience with them. Wish they had a bigger display room to show you more options, but otherwise everything was great.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/21/2012

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Found exactly what I needed when I asked the associate what I was looking for. The price was very good. able to pick up the rental the day before the wedding and drop off the rental 2 days after the wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2012

Amber · Married on 08/18/2007

3.2
      3.0

I wasn't wowed by the service at Barclay. It was always hard to find someone because they were usually working the warehouse and the sales desk. Their display area wasn't very exciting either-it's a good thing I knew what I wanted and didn't have to get inspiration there. They were very flexible about pick and up and delivery times and were able to refer me to another place to find the polka dot table cloth I had to have. I'm pretty sure Barclay is actually in Clackamas...not in Portland.

Sent on 06/18/2008
  • Christin

Christin · Married on 08/22/2015

3.2
      3.0

After being recommended by multiple people to check out Barclay, and doing price/review comparisons in the Portland area I decided to go with this company. Before I begin my review, I want to preface by saying I did receive a 30% refund on my order and a very nice email from one of the women that worked in the office regarding my poor experience with their company. I appreciated the refund but I do believe that my review is important so that other brides are aware and can be a bit more proactive in the management of the delivery than I was.

Pros:
    - Women in office were great to work with both before and after our wedding. They helped me choose appropriate table sizes and numbers and linen for all.
    - Refund for poor service was a nice gesture.

Cons:
    - Delivery guys showed up 4 hours late, in the middle of our ceremony rehearsal. Chairs had fallen over during their drive out and the back of the delivery truck was a complete disaster. The only request I had was to not back up through the driveway parking area as our string lights above our reception area had already been hung. They did it anyways and tore down an entire strand.
    - Delivery guys never requested a signature to confirm all items had been delivered. All items had been delivered but many chairs were damaged with seat cushions that were falling off. Additionally, three of the table linens were stained, and one had a burn mark in it. I never had a chance to call them the day of the wedding when I discovered the damage and had forgotten about it when they picked up our order. They charged me for the burned linen until I called and told them it was that way when it arrived. They removed the charge after our conversation with no challenge from them. They stated that they were overdue for having a conversation with their cleaners.

Overall, the damaged chairs and linen did not detract from the overall appearance of our wedding. Our lights were able to be repaired. All's well that ends well.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/06/2008

2.8
      2.5

I had some tough times with this company. They were fulfilling a special order for me and would have liked to have been more informed about the progress or even if the order was possible so that I could plan for something else. The quality was great and prices were the best I could find around the Portland area. One thing that made me very sad was the some of the linen showed up unpressed. It looked really tacky to see fold lines right when people walked into my venue.

Sent on 10/18/2008

Virginia · Married on 08/02/2009

1.8
      2.0
      1.0

I was referred to Barclay by an event coordinator who said their prices were highly competitive. She was correct and I was pleased with their selection of linens and wedding decor. What was a huge disappointment was their complete lack of responsiveness. I would call their business and be promised a call back and nothing would happen. I sent emails that were never answered. I asked for assurances about delivery times and was told they could not guarantee a specific delivery time. I had been puzzled about why the wedding coordinator for Gray Gables did not work with them when they were so close. I found out why.

Sent on 08/21/2009

Veronica · Married on 09/04/2010

0.4
      0.0
      0.5
      0.0
      0.5

yes, the have the cheapest plates in town but poor customer service. when i was there to place an order another customer was calling and complaining that the order was wrong... the sales rep then started complaining about her customer to me!!! That is so unprofessional. The only reason I ordered the plates was cause they were the cheapest and I figured it was hard to mess up an order of plates. But when the plates were not even used (due to a mix up) the sales rep was not willing to discuss even a partial reimbursement. Unfortunately there arent many options in PDX for rentals but I wouldnt recommend them.

Sent on 09/21/2010