Bridgewood Events Reviews

84 | Portland, OR

84 Reviews for Bridgewood Events

Susan · Married on 10/10/2010

So, Barclay was awesome! I loved their variety! One thing I especially love is the setup of tables in their office. We were setting up everything ourselves and I got a few great ideas from their showroom a few days before our wedding. Barclay was fantastic. We had chosen the wrong color of eggplant and when I went to pick it up, realized we had made a mistake. Even though we couldn't get the exact color of eggplant because you have to have the order in 10 days in advance, completely reasonable, they were able to swap it out for a burnt orange that worked with the brown for our fall wedding even better! I was so happy that we made the mistake, because the orange and brown together really made our reception tent pop with color!

Sent on 02/01/2011

Vicki · Married on 04/10/2010

Finding a event rental company was the most difficult task I came across when planning my wedding. I had a spring wedding, and wanted to bring the outside indoors. My vision was to have standing shepherds hooks with metal lanterns hanging from them. It seemed simple, but was hard to find. Jenn at Barclay was so helpful. She special ordered the items they didn't have that I was looking for making the beautiful picture I had in my head come to life. They were flexible as well, allowing me to borrow my different lanterns to take candle shopping with me. I can't say enough high praises about Jenn and Barclay Event Rentals!!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Deana · Married on 06/13/2009

I loved working with Barclay rentals. I went into thier store thinking I wanted one thing and changed my mind right when I walked through the door. They had such pretty things on display. I had to have the Crystal trees with the colored uplighting. Their products made my venue the best I have ever seen. Linda at Barclays was willing to let me bring in my decorations and set up a table in her shop so that when the time comes I knew what my tables would look like.....it was also beneficail so that my coordinator had a photo from that time to help them set it up on the day of. Communication with barclays was always easy......I choose emails as my way to communicate with them and I always got fast, friendly and knowledgable responses. They did all the delivery, setup and pickup for me! I found thier prices to be lower than competitors.....and I liked their willingness to give suggestions. I would use Barclays again if ever in need of rentals!

Sent on 07/04/2009

Melissa · Married on 03/07/2009

Barclay Event Rentals really made my wedding look perfect! We had the ceremony and reception at a hotel so I was afraid that it would look like a hotel! With the help of the Barclay team everything looked amazing. The chair covers made the hotel chairs look stunning and as soon as I walked into the reception site - I was stunned! The crushed linen they recommended along with the plate charges made the room look better than I could have imagined. The team was great with suggestions and I would recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2007

We needed a wedding arch last minute and they were the only place to have one left. They were very friendly and let us have it a few days before the wedding to get it ready (decorated, etc). Plus, they only charged us $25!

Sent on 11/10/2007

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

Super responsive and great pricing for chairs for our wedding reception. Everything was so easy and efficient! We needed to make a last minute change and they were happy to accommodate us! Would highly recommend for any occasion!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Derek · Married on 09/17/2016

Our experience working with Barclay was wonderful. We were able to meet several times to easily narrow down our decor choices (e.g. sample different table layouts). The person we were working with was always timely to respond and made the process seamless. I would highly recommend Barclay for any future events one may have that requires renting decor. Thanks for helping make our night a success and a dream come true.

Sent on 10/18/2016

These people helped us out so much with our last minute rentals. Honestly i dont things would have gon very well if they hadn't.

Sent on 07/20/2012

We have used Barclays for previous private events and we're excited to work with them for a bigger production. They met every expectation and provided all that they promised. There were a few minor things that needed repair but they made it work. They were always available for questions and answers and made everything work! It was a beautiful event.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Mollie · Married on 08/01/2015

So easy working with Barclay. Got everything I wanted in great condition and they were super flexible with delivery times.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Dave · Married on 08/16/2014

We rented chairs for our reception from Barclays. They worked well with our venue (McMenamins Old Church & Pub) for dropoff and pickup. They were responsive to all our emails, and were able to wrangle together all the chairs we needed even though at first they didn't have enough.

Sent on 08/23/2014
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 08/20/2011

We got all of our glasses, tables, chairs, and linens through Barclays. We were happy with all of it! It came in great condition! It was also fun going in and having them set a sample table for us. I am a very visual person and it helped a lot with visualizing what the whole thing would look like. They were also very patient with us as we tried making our decisions. They always responded to our emails quickly and were always very informative!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Myranda · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired Barclay through our wedding coordinator for our wedding on September 9th.
    They have a great selection of items for a very reasonable price. We went out to their warehouse and were able to see all items in person. Jen was extremely helpful and answered all questions we had. There was a lot of flexibility up until a week before our wedding (which was great because we realized a mistake we made in our order and were able to change it a week before)! The only hiccup was trying to communicate with our delivery driver, he got a little lost getting to our venue, but once he was there he worked super fast and set everything up for us.
    We also had an overnight wedding, and were able to have Barclay pick up our items the day after our wedding which was SO nice!
    Overall great rental company!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/16/2014

Good selection, great service!

Sent on 12/15/2014
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 04/16/2011

They made ordering our chair covers and sashes easy and affordable

Sent on 04/25/2011

The process from beginning to end was so easy going with this company. Any questions I had were always answered and I emailed them with changes quite often and never had an issue with a timely response. They were VERY accommodating! The cost of our rentals was a great deal, I did research other vendors and these were the best! The only thing that went wrong is they delivered dirty chairs, luckily for us we noticed right away and got in contact with them. They sent out new chairs the very next morning and apologized for the mix up.

Sent on 09/21/2014

3.0

Everything arrived on time and in the condition we expected. It's a little spendy but they were great to work with!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2012

3.0

Ended up being the cheapest in town! Very nice staff, helpful at setup and table linens were washed,pressed, and ready to go :-) they were even running a lil late and called me to tell me they would be and refund the delivery fee!! would recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Cady · Married on 10/15/2016

We rented chair covers and bistro lights, and everything was in good condition. The bistro lightbulbs break really easily, FYI, and it wasn't awesome to have to screw in every single lightbulb, but in the end it all looked wonderful!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2015

2.5

Great prices and easy to work with . They were business professional and provided helpful service all along the way. I made so many changes to my rental list and they were so understand, they were a blessing to work with especially : Kelsey !!!

Sent on 10/22/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2013

We rented out tables and chairs from Barclay. They were very prompt in getting back to us and they even delivered earlier than was expected which was nice. Very nice people to do business with.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2008

Great prices and very flexible. It is a family run business and they treat like you are part of it when you work with them. Any time you have a question they are right there to help you out and give you any suggestions you might need to make your day the best it can be!

Sent on 08/17/2008

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2007

Even though we had a little tough time in the beginning communicating the prices and other little stuff, Barclay was flexible and listened to my needs. They have the best price in town and everything was set up perfectly.

Sent on 01/19/2008

Emily · Married on 07/07/2013

4.2

We rented tables, chairs, linens, and umbrellas from Barclay for a BBQ after our wedding. The items themselves were in great shape, and they were delivered and picked up on time. I felt like they were affordable compared to other vendors in the area.

I did have some trouble with communication about when the items would be dropped off and picked up. I recommend that they do a better job communicating in advance about when delivery and pick-up is going to happen.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Great company and lots of options! Rented tables and chairs from them because they had the best price!

Sent on 09/25/2015