BridgePoint Downtown Reviews

82 | Saint Petersburg, FL

82 Reviews for BridgePoint Downtown

We had our wedding here(ceremony and reception) last month and it was so beautiful. The venue has amazing artistic/antique details that made all the guests rave about it. With the natural beauty of the venue, we didn't have to decorate as much. The team there worked with us for all our needs and made the process for the most part easy. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2011

I had my April 30, 2011 wedding at the Mirror Lake Lyceum in St Petersburg, FL. The Lyceum has amazing beauty and character and my guests are still talking about how amazing the venue was! Brian Wilder at the Mirror Lake Lyceum was extremely helpful during the entire planning process and made sure my big day was exactly as we discussed. Extremely happy with my location choice!

Sent on 05/24/2011

3.5

I can't speak highly enough of the Mirror Lake Lyceum as a wedding venue. They were so helpful throughout the planning process. Brian was quick to respond to emails and return phone calls. I must admit sometimes I called 2 or 3 times to confirm the same details but he was more than willing to help in any possible. On our wedding day our guests raved about how helpful the staff at the Lyceum was and how they had never been to a more beautiful wedding. We can thank the Lyceum and their staff for assisting in our perfect day.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2010

Mirror Lake Lyceum is Beautiful!! Loved it :) Brian is very detailed and professional and works hard to ensure your event is perfect. I loved the room for our ceremony, cocktail hour downstairs and the reception all in one location. All the historic features of the building make for an amazing place for a wedding. The Lake across the street is great for photos.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Kelsey · Married on 06/14/2008

The Mirror Lake Lyceum was a beautiful venue and very professional. They handled my other vendors so I didn't have to. The price of alcohol was a bit steep, I thought. But I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2009

Kelsey · Married on 06/14/2008

3.5

The building was beautiful! The service was good. They set up tables and cleaned up very well without having to ask many questions. The only time I was annoyed was being asked by one of the owners during the reception who was under 21 in my wedding party. I understand the importance of the question, just wished it was asked before I was super busy and overwhelmed with everything the day of. Or better yet, wish he could've asked someone else in the wedding party! I thought the open bar was a bit over priced also as well as the chair covers. I did, however, love the fact that they allowed me and my bridal party arrive at the venue as early as we wanted to begin getting ready. Also was able to bring in hair & makeup artists.

Sent on 01/02/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/04/2017

3.0
      2.5

PSA: THE MIRROR LAKE LYCEUM IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!
    1. The Lyceum is beautiful & a great value. My wedding was amazing, but the events leading up to it were NOT. Brian Wilder, who is referenced & praised in many reviews, is no longer the owner - Bridgeport Church is, and it is not the same.
    2. It's VERY difficult to get ahold of new Events Manager Donna, which was especially frustrating when your wedding is a month out & the contract says everything must be pre-approved. Her assistant Marilyn, is very nice, but everything has to ultimately be approved by Donna, so it was always a telephone game.
    3. Bridgepoint is clearly not working with Brian towards a smooth transfer of ownership. Things Brian approved, Bridgepoint did not. I had to get “special, one time only approval” to tape down an aisle runner. When I asked Donna for a list of the new policies, she said she didn’t have one. I suspect they are just making up new “policies” as they go.
    4. MOST IMPORTANTLY: READ YOUR CONTRACT. Bridgepoint tried to short me on a 1/2 hour of event time, another indicator that they are not working with Brian to interpret his contracts. If you're having both ceremony/reception there, the terms & conditions on the 1st page of the contract clearly state 5 1/2 hours of TOTAL EVENT TIME. They tried to tell me that the 1/2 hour is for cleanup. The contract doesn't say 5 1/2 hours of total event time & cleanup. DON'T LET THEM SHORT YOU. They also tried to charge extra tax for chair covers, which I refused to pay based on the contract
    5. They were rude to my planner & talked about her behind her back. They gave her a hard time every step of the way over everything she did, right down to how we numbered the tables, which I found out afterwards. Unprofessional.
    6. Please note: our guests had no idea about what I described above, our wedding was beautiful, everyone had a blast, & we got lots of compliments. What I have described above is strictly what I encountered during planning.

Sent on 02/19/2017