BridgePoint Downtown Reviews

82 | Saint Petersburg, FL

82 Reviews for BridgePoint Downtown

• Z

zenia · Married on 06/12/2011

The Mirror Lake Lyceum was amazing. The building has so much character, and I fell in love with the venue as soon as I walked in. Brian, is an awesome person to work with. I lived in California and was planning a wedding cross country. Brian always responed to my emails and phone calls immediately! The day of the wedding Brian and his staff were excellent!! I would recommend this venue to anyone!! The price was alittle more than what I wanted to spend,but it was worth every penny!!!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Jenna · Married on 06/11/2011

AMAZING!!! Nothing compares to the Mirror Lake. Seriously, if you want something different and beautiful all by itself, you will find it here! My wedding was beyond perfect. Not one mess up occurred. Brian knows everything like the back of his hand and makes sure every little detail coming down to the chairs being lined up with the carpet patterns is perfect! I love this place so much and only wish I could come up with another celebration to have here!

Sent on 06/25/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2011

Amazing! Brian is incredible and so helpful! My wedding was perfect and everything I could have dreamed!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Reshelle · Married on 04/16/2011

I can not say enough good things about Brian and the Mirror Lake Lyceum. As soon as my now husband and I walked in, we knew this was the place for us. Inside, it is simply gorgeous. It is a 1920's building that has been restored beautifully and gives you an old-world feel that is impossible to find in the newer venues. We even used the decor of the lyceum to inspire our invitations, programs, menus, etc.

On top of the beauty, Brian, the gentleman who owns and runs the place was a godsend for us. We met with him several times prior to the wedding and he answered all of our questions easily and was on top of every detail.

On the day of, it was him who kept our day running flawlessly. He was simply amazing. I have had several of our guests tell us that not only was ours one of the most beautiful weddings they had attended, but also one of the smoothest and most organized.

I would highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married in the St. Petersburg area!!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Laisha · Married on 02/18/2011

The Mirror Lake Lyceum is the PERFECT location for your wedding ceremony and reception! It is a diamond in the rough. We happened to find it one day while searching for potential wedding venues online, and once we went to the Lyceum, we fell in love with it and signed a contract with the Lyceum the next day.

The Lyceum's Manager, Brian, is very organized, responsive and professional. He was a tremendous help in recommending vendors (e.g., caterer, cake, florist, DJ, etc.), and did a fantastic job with the rehearsal day. He explained how the day would work, how the Lyceum staff would move the guests between the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, etc. Our wedding day was perfect, thanks in part to Brian and his team at the Mirror Lake Lyceum.

Sent on 03/15/2011

Mindy · Married on 11/20/2010

If you are looking for elegant and romantic for your wedding then the Mirror Lake Lyceum is the venue for you. My daughter and her fiance fell in love with the building the first time they saw it and booked it the next day.
    Brian Wilder, who is one of the owners is totally hands on, and available to help and address any concerns. Our entire experience was wonderful, and went off without a hitch, well any that the guest knew of, thanks to Brian, and his attention to detail .
    After the ceremony the guest were escorted down to the Orpheum lounge, which is totally cool, and the Grand Hall morphed into the most amazing venue for the reception. The Lyceum staff worked fast and every detail was perfect. Sooooo many phone calls saying what a fabulous wedding and how beautiful and cozy feeling the ceremony was. Exactly what Caroine and Andres wanted for their cermony. The pictures are toatlly amazing.
    Many of the guest didn't even realize when they came upstairs for the reception they were coming back to the same room...Big WOW factor. Again just what the bride and groom were looking for.
    Danced til the end on both dance floors, while the capable staff at the Lyceum kept everything running smoothly.
    Would highly recommend this venue if you want a worry free, fabulous, unforgettable, beautiful wedding. So happy we had our daughters wedding at the Mirror Lake Lyceum.
    Mindy

Sent on 12/28/2010
  • Bre2Be

Brooke · Married on 10/10/2010

My husband and I originally thought we wanted a beach wedding. We looked around at several local hotels and resorts and were less than impressed. Then, just when we were starting to feel defeated, we walked into the Lyceum and got "that feeling".

I can tell you that WITHOUT A DOUBT, it is worth every penny and then some. The place alone sells itself, but the co-owner, Brian, is priceless. He is truly one of the calmest, most organized, and professional people you will ever meet. Unlike the hotel/resort wedding planners, Brian owns the property so he takes pride in it and knows every inch of the place like the back of his hand. He was incredibly helpful during the planning process.

We had our wedding there on 10/10/10. After the ceremony Brian and his staff escorted our guests downstairs to the Orpheum, which is a speak-easy style lounge for cocktail hour. During that time Brian and his staff transformed the ceremony space into our grand reception. Everything was flawless.

The pictures on the website do not do this place justice. It is gorgeous! Because it is so ornate you don't need a lot of decorations. If you are looking for an elegant venue with class and sophistication and you’d like for you and your guests to be treated like royalty, then you absolutely must check out the Mirror Lake Lyceum. You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Marina · Married on 09/18/2010

The owners of Mirror Lake Lyceum and their staff made the reception in this unique historic venue exceptionally grand. From the 4 Doormen, the coordination of the layout and facilitating the reception was fabulous. They went above and beyond to accomodate every request and they even offer a full 5 hours of reception time.
    It was a perfect day!

Sent on 09/25/2010

Willena · Married on 06/19/2010

Mirror Lake Lyceum Is an AWESOME place to have your wedding ceremony and reception.. Brian and his staff was GREAT they really help us out alot with everything from the ceremony to helping our cater and florist set up for the reception.. Brian was really AMAZING he really went above and beyond to help us out with everything from our wedding party line up to the order everyone should enter to whatever we needed help with in so happy he was there to help out.. I would pick The Lyceum over any other wedding venue.. Courtney who is partner with brian and catering by Libbys was also great to work with and very helpful..

Sent on 07/04/2010

Jamie · Married on 06/12/2010

DH had to talk me into going to this venue, since I really wasn't crazy about it based on their website. As soon as I walked in, though, we knew that was it, it was perfect for what we wanted. Brian Wilder, the GM, is quite possibly one of the most organized people (besides our DOC) I have ever met. He and his staff helped us to figure out the best floor plan and kept everything running like clockwork all night. It was amazing how fast they flipped the ceremony room into our reception room, everything was seamless. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, you can tell it's really Brian's baby and he takes incredibly good care of it and their clients. Everyone commented on how beautiful the building was, and we have some beautiful pictures of it from our guests (pro pics pending but I'm sure they'll be gorgeous as well). The Lyceum has their own in-house Bar Service, Lundy's, and they did a great job as well.

Sent on 06/20/2010
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 05/30/2010

This is the best venue in the entire downtown st. pete area. I enjoyed every minute of the planning from start to finish. Brian, the owner of the venue is very professional and pays attentions to every little detail Our event was executed with perfection. A month later, our guests are still raving about this venue. You must check this place out!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Natalie · Married on 04/16/2010

If you are looking for a truly unique and elegant wedding, the Mirror Lake Lyceum sets a beautiful stage for a dream wedding. Brian helped us each step of the planning process, from flowers to aisle runners and so on. His knowledge and patience was much appreciated. Thank you to the Lyceum for a wedding I had only envisioned in my dreams!!

Sent on 04/20/2010

Breanna · Married on 03/13/2010

The Mirror Lake Lyceum is a trully wonderful place for a wedding. Brian is not only organised and efficient, but he goes above and beyond to make sure that everything goes according to plan. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the perfect spot for a wedding - it is also an extra bonus that you can have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one place. I think our guests really loved that. I highly recommend the Mirror Lake Lyceum, as well as Brian and all his team. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/22/2010

Jamey · Married on 03/06/2010

Exceeded our expectations in every category...

We had our ceremony and reception at Mirror Lake Lyceum recently and have nothing but praise for the venue, the owner (Brian), and the staff. Going into the event, we were careful not to get our hopes up, as there is always something that "goes wrong." However, it would be difficult not to describe our wedding as the perfect evening.

Specifically, my husband was impressed at how much of a calming effect Brian and the staff had on the wedding party. Their coordination amongst each other and with the vendors made the evening flawless. Brian is very organized and knows the wedding industry well. I went to the Lyceum for our rehearsal (Brian includes a guided rehearsal prior to the wedding) with several boxes of wedding decor. I expected to setup after the rehearsal, but Brian and his crew had it done with little to no direction.

The Lyceum itself has an interesting architecture. The building has been beautifully restored, but still maintains its original elegance and grandeur (hard wood floors, brass banisters, crystal chandeliers, stained glass windows). One must walk inside to truly appreciate the entirety of the ornateness. The ceremony site (the stage) has a beautiful three-story arch that gave us the church feel that we wanted. After the ceremony, the guests went downstairs to a bar area that lends itself to the perfect cocktail hour setting. During this time, Brian and the crew were busy transforming the ceremony site to a reception area. The ceremony site looked like a different room and the adjacent ballroom was opened for the upcoming reception. Other venues we looked into were somewhat boring and static, in comparison. However, the transitions at the Lyceum allowed the event to flow from one purposed area to the next.

Other Positives:
    -There is only one event at the Lyceum at a time.
    -Access for setup/rehearsal was flexible based on availability.
    -Mirror Lake and the St. Petersburg skyline made for a nice background for our pictures.
    -The value for the cost is certainly within reason, as you get the entire building versus a conference room in a hotel or a gazebo on the beach for the same price.

Potential Negatives:
    -As the venue only services one event at a time, you must book early to assure your date.
    -The Lyceum requires that you rent chair covers from them (if you want them) and use their bar tender. Yet, their prices on this were reasonable and it seemed that Brian was very flexible as far as other decorations that you might want to bring in. For us, this turned into a positive; the bar service was excellent and they setup the chair covers for us.

Sent on 04/07/2010

Meredith · Married on 04/25/2009

Brian was very easy to work with and the Lyceum is a "well-oiled machine." The lighting is beautiful and perfect for pictures. The venue is pristine and very comfortable for the guests. The cost to rent the facility is pricey, but you get a lot for your money and your wedding is the only wedding at the site, unlike most other venues in the area.

Sent on 05/11/2009

Meagan · Married on 02/14/2009

Brian, the owner and manager of the Lyceum, is just incredible. From the very beginning he was honest with us about what he thought would look nice, and was friendly and quick with his responses. The venue itself is just GORGEOUS and we got so many compliments on it. (I can't tell you how many people asked us "How did you FIND this place? It's AWESOME!!") If you're looking for a reasonably priced place that will function as both a ceremony and reception locale, this is perfect. It needs no "dressing up"... is elegant (yet fun! gotta love the speak-easy style basement for the cocktail hour!) Not to mention, it's close to shopping, hotels, the beach, nightlife and more. Originally we were thinking we wanted a beach wedding, but I am so, so happy we found the Lyceum instead.

Sent on 03/07/2009
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 02/07/2009

I loved Mirror Lake Lyceum from the first time I walked through the door. It is a beautiful venue with so much character, that surprisingly not a lot of people outside the wedding-planning world seem to know about. We received tons of compliments on finding such a unique and pretty location. I personally liked having the band and the dance floor off to the side so that it really felt like a party after we were done with dinner!

Brian's professionalism is outstanding, and his experience with weddings of all kinds provided us with a great reassurance that everything would run smoothly, which it did! The Lyceum staff were friendly and helpful, and they made sure our gifts were safe and got with the right people at the end of the night.

I'm so happy we made the decision to have our reception at the Lyceum!

Sent on 02/20/2009

Christina · Married on 12/12/2008

We knew that we wanted to have our wedding reception from the time we got engaged. They were not available the orginal day we wanted to get married and changed our date so we could still have it there. Brian and his staff are wonderful. They will do anything for you. The day of the wedding was wonderful, everything went on without a hitch thanks to him and his wonderful staff. The building is beautiful.

Sent on 04/21/2009

Kristen · Married on 05/17/2008

Searching around town for a venue was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Being by the beach, I did not want th typical beach wedding like all my friends. We looked many weekends at Sunken Gardens, Safety Harbor Spa, Don CeSar, Vinoy, etc.-- all the typical ones in Pinellas County. None of them seemed to have everything-- either the site was gorgeous, and had a less than great hall, or whatever. We finally decided on the Mirror Lake Lyceum after meeting with Brian, and receiving a tour of the facility. So beautiful and unique. We had the cocktail hour below with the bar and the stage, and then the guests were ushered upstairs for the dinner. People said how beautiful the site was, and how they like the dancing, eating, and cocktail hour in different places. Made the wedding actually have memory milestones in their minds. People actually emailed me after the wedding, and told me it was best and most elegant wedding they had ever gone to. The site lends it self to making any moment special. Brian is on hand, and helps a lot with telling people where to go, and with cleanup. Such a undiscovered little jewel down there in St. Pete. It is worth a look at in your search.

Sent on 08/15/2008

Rachel · Married on 04/12/2008

The Lyceum was absolutely perfect. The night was flawless. Brian and Courtney provided great service. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for any wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2008

Aubree · Married on 08/03/2007

The Mirror Lake Lyceum in St. Petersburg, Florida is by far the best venue we looked at. We went to several places trying to find the perfect venue in the Tampa area, and the Lyceum was hands down the best value. It was a church many years ago, but it has been renovated. It has beautiful wood floors, a gorgeous staircase and plenty of room for guests. One unique feature about the Lyceum is that it has a downstairs area that kind of resembles a jazz club. Guests are escorted downstairs after the ceremony for h'ordeurves while the wedding photos are being taken. After the photos are taken, the guests are escorted back upstairs and the ceremony room has been transformed into the reception. It was AMAZING! I highly recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 11/24/2007

Jerilen · Married on 11/07/2015

Our son was married at the Lyceum a couple of weeks ago and what a pleasant experience. The facility is beautiful and very well maintained. Brian was so easy to deal with and always responded to our emails or phone calls quickly. He was hands on before and during the wedding, so organized and prepared, which made things flow so easily.
    The suggested caterers was a lifesaver when the caterer the bride and groom chose did not workout and it was a few months before the wedding. Our thanks to Brian for helping us to make this a memorable day for the bride, groom, family and friends.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Absolutely stunning! The Mirror Lake Lyceum has a gorgeous old world charm to it. We loved that we had the place to ourselves for the whole day (they only book one wedding per day) and it's absolutely beautiful. It's also very convenient for one stop shopping: ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We loved it!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Amy · Married on 05/02/2009

This venue is breathtaking! It is a bit pricey, but well worth it since you will not need much added decor. The venue manager likes things done a certain way and most times has a good reason. If you want something different, just be patient and level headed and ask with a logical explanation. Their responsiveness is awesome. The only thing that I guess I didn't like so much is that you are required to use their bartending services and get chair covers through them. No bargaining power there, but everything worked out fine.

Sent on 05/12/2009