BridgePoint Downtown Reviews

82 | Saint Petersburg, FL

82 Reviews for BridgePoint Downtown

I recently got married at The Mirror Lake Lyceum. I HIGHLY recommend this location to anyone in the Tampa Bay area wanting a nice location for a reasonable price. The surrounding neighborhood is a little rough, but the inside makes it all worth it, and they have security included for the night of the reception. It is a hided gem! From the moment I walked into the venue, I knew it was the location for us. Absolutely gorgeous with crystal chandeliers and stain-glass windows, it fit in perfectly with our antique, southern theme.

Brian is the coordinator at the Lyceum and he was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He gave many ideas for what looks good for the formatting of this location. He was always flexible and available if we had any questions or concerns. Brian even let us come in the previous afternoon to set up some of our decorations, which a lot of places would never allow.

The night of the wedding, we had a few issues with the DJ messing up our lighting color. However, Brian knew right away that it was not the color we wanted and quickly had him fix it before the guests entered the room. He is very observant and made sure everything was perfect for us! His staff was very friendly and worked hard to make sure everything remained clean throughout the night. We received so many compliments about the location and we were told by numerous people that it was the best wedding they had ever been to hands down and we have Brian and The Mirror Lake Lyceum to thank for the majority of that!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Book the Lyceum and you will not be disappointed! Brian is amazing, he has been in the business for years and makes sure that everything runs as planned on the wedding day. When you rehearse he makes sure that everything is covered. He will keep you on a timeline on your wedding day which is very handy.
    The place itself is amazing. When my husband and I first walked in we knew it was the one. Very little decorations are needed due to the building itself and the classic architecture. Also one of the things we loved was the fact that everything is in one place and its ALL INDOORS!! Which is a big deal with the unpredictability of Florida weather. We are soooo happy we booked and would recommend it to everyone we know!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Heather · Married on 07/18/2013

This venue is absolutely wonderful. My husband and I fell in love the first time we walked in. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beautiful venue and friendly staff. Brian is very accommodating and helpful. His prices are very competitive to others I checked out, especially for what is offered. We were able to visit the venue whenever we liked to check it out again and show friends. You are able to stop by during any of the business hours as long as an event is not going on. I was very grateful to have full access to the venue all day on my wedding day. We were able to come early and set up decorations. We got ready there in a private bridal suite which was wonderful. They locked the door during the reception and ceremony, so we did not have to worry about our personal belongings or wedding money! There are several spots for amazing photos and since the venue is so large, we never felt crammed. People could be part of the party and dance, or have room to sit at the tables and mingle. I wish I could relive the experience. The bar staff were amazing too! I couldn’t even finish a drink without them refreshing me with a new one. We highly recommend this place for any event.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Karen · Married on 05/04/2013

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception was held at this venue. A historic, architecturally beautiful building that was previously a church. The stained glass, chandeliers, majestic ceilings and plaster moldings are characteristics that cannot be duplicated today. The Lyceum is truly a unique experience for your guests. The comments still keep coming from our guests. The owner, Brian Wilder, is detail oriented from your initial sit-down with him until the very end. He and his staff know how to keep the evening on schedule and to make sure things flow smoothly. There is not one detail of our daughter's wedding that I would change. The Lyceum certainly made it a magical event.

Karen Macaluso

Sent on 05/24/2013

Gina · Married on 05/04/2013

Go and see the Lyceum in person! The website does not do the venue justice. It is beautiful inside and outside and will be the backdrop to create amazing pictures. We fell in love with the beauty and elegance of the main hall and the HUGE dance floor. We also loved that when you rent the Lyceum, you have the entire venue to yourself. It is very private and you aren't sharing bathrooms with other guests as you would at hotels or larger venues. We decorated with flowers and candles. That is all you need as it already has such a beautiful appearance. Having the bar set up on the dance floor really creates a fun atmosphere during the reception. The dance floor is so big, our 220 guests had plenty of room to dance and we had a band that took up part of the floor too. Brian and his staff are so professional and think of every detail. They flip the room in what seems like a matter of minutes. Brian will work with you on any questions or requests. I didn't get ready at the Lyceum and Brian suggested I could come in a side entrance into the Bridal Room without anyone seeing me. We were very impressed with the service from Lundy's as well. You have to use them for your bar and they were extremely professional and work all the Lyceum events so they know what works best for the venue. The Lyceum is in a great location for out of town guests. The guests can stay at any of the downtown hotels and be in walking distance of great restaurants/museums. We rented the St. Pete Trolley to shuttle guests back and forth. Overall, it is a wonderful venue and location with a great staff to back it. You will not have to deal with a different "coordinator" as you would typically have to deal with a hotel. Brian will be there every step of the way. He also has wedding albums you can look at to see different color schemes/different floor layouts, etc. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Katie · Married on 04/14/2013

The moment I stepped through the front doors of Mirror Lake Lyceum I knew it was where I wanted to get married. Its an older building in a transitioning neighborhood, but its classic and elegant. It was perfect for us because its attractive on its own, so we weren't forced to spend tons of money on decorations, though there were many places that we added our own personal touches anyways. Our family and friends loved how unique the venue was... so many people get married in hotel ballrooms, yacht clubs, country clubs, etc. We loved having our wedding somewhere with a lot of history and character.

In addition to it being a gorgeous venue, the general manager Brian Wilder is a dream to work with. From our very first meeting a year prior to the clean up on our wedding night Brian went above and beyond to assist us in every way possible. He responded to my emails promptly all year during the planning phase, and on our wedding day he was the one who made sure everyone was where they needed to be and that everything ran smoothly. You can tell that he cares deeply about Mirror Lake Lyceum, and even though he's a busy man, he makes your event feel like a priority.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2013

Brian wilder was amazing on our big day! He made sure everything went smoothly! The Lyceum is absolutely beautiful! It was worth every penny! My day was perfect and the staff at the Lyceum was phenomenal! I would never have chosen another venue!

Sent on 04/14/2013

Karen · Married on 03/30/2013

Best venue in town! Brian was extremely helpful and professional. Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Kate · Married on 03/17/2013

Brian was more than willing to help with ceremony. He was timely in his responses and allowed us to stop by and go over the ceremony and reception set up and schedule whenever we wanted. The museum is very historic and made a great place fir our wedding!

Sent on 04/05/2013

First of the mirror lake lyceum is a gorgeous place, and working with Brian is great as well! I could not have asked for a more beautiful venue! Would def recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Tyler & Erin · Married on 02/17/2013

The Mirror Lake Lyceum may simply be the best place in the Tampa Bay area to hold a wedding. As a couple we were looking for a place that was beautiful, inclusive, and historic. The Lyceum fit all of these qualifications and more. The Grand Hall felt like a church for those who want a church wedding, but also kept its charm as an event space, theatre, and reception hall. It fits everyone's needs. The Lyceum has a wonderful dance floor, stage, and downstairs area for cocktail receptions. The acoustics were wonderful. We had an a cappella quartet who sang and their voices alone filled the hall with no amplification while the music provided by a DJ was equally as balanced. Because of its classic style there were many spots to take pictures including a balcony with old wooden seats. The staff were attentive and informative. They have the system down, but make you feel your individual day is special to them, and not just a wedding factory. They offered many suggestions and knew how to make our wedding look nice with our personal flare. They also have free parking to boot.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Beautiful venue, organized staff, helpful owner. Mirror Lake Lyceum was the perfect place for our wedding, big enough but still was an intimate feel. I cannot say enough nice things about Brian Wilder. He was very prompt with email returns, even on the weekend. Easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable about the wedding industry.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Jenn · Married on 02/01/2013

Brian at the Mirror Lake Lyceum is a gem to work with. The beauty of the building speaks for itself. If you want an amazing event and even better pictures - call Brian at the Lyceum. He and his staff made us feel so taken care of during planning, and more importantly during the event itself. Flawless!

Sent on 03/08/2013

Brian with Mirror Lake is absolutely amazing. The venue itself is so beautiful you dont need to spend as much on decorating it. The coordination of every aspect of our special day went perfectly thanks to Brian and his staff. Absolutely, hands down, could not have been more wonderful!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Janelle · Married on 01/12/2013

The Mirror Lake Lyceum facility is truly one of a kind. Breath-taking architecture, a speak-easy reminiscent cocktail lounge, and a surprise dining room transition make the building exciting with endless photo opps. Little to no decorating is needed. Brian was truly amazing with his patience and assistance in helping us plan event timeline and coordination amongst vendors. We can't express how thankful we are for his attention to detail and thorough planning. Its location puts it right by the downtown attractions & activities, making it a fun weekend for your guests. Wedding day was perfect! If you are looking for a weather-proof, intimate, historic, beautiful venue that all your guests will be sure to remember, the Mirror Lake Lyceum is for you!

Sent on 02/24/2013

Suzanne · Married on 11/17/2012

The Mirror Lake Lyceum was amazing. Our wedding day was just beautiful! Brian and his staff at the Lyceum were on top of everything and always available in the days and months before our day and ESPECIALLY on our day! My expectations were totally exceeded! We got many complients on how beautiful the Lyceum is and how everything was set up. A few of the benefits of the Lyceum are: 1) you get the entire place to yourself for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, no sharing with other groups or weddings, 2) the dance floor is off to the side which makes it nice for those who want to socialize without yelling over the music, 3) the acoustics make it easy to hear the ceremony without having to mic everyone - we didn't even need to mic the piano, 4) the Lyceum is so beautiful on it's own that you don't need a lot of decorations.

I was a very nervous bride and was second guessing myself about everything, but in the end this was the perfect place and it was everything I wanted our day to be and more. Things were just seemless and beautiful!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Steve · Married on 11/10/2012

I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a large event in the Tampa Bay area. Brian has been doing events there for a long time and is very helpful in the planning process. He made our day perfect and hiccup free. I am very happy with our selection of using this venue and am very thankful to all the staff members who made it painless for my wife and I. Thank you again for a perfect day to the Mirror Lake Lyceum staff!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Evy · Married on 10/29/2012

This venue was beautiful! All guests raving about how lovely this venue was. Brian, the owner was very professional, told us how everything was financially without trying to add services on, which I appreciated. Brian was also quick to respond to any questions I had prior to my event. Rehearsal day he ran the show for us since we had no idea, which was wonderful! He and his staff were very patient when we started later... and made sure everything ran smoothly! All over great experience!

Sent on 10/23/2013

The Mirror Lake Lyceum was a beautiful venue for our wedding and reception. Bryan was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the planning process, and on our wedding day. I would recommend this venue to anyone who would love to have their wedding and reception in the same place. Bryan and his staff having everything down to a science, and they made sure everything was done perfectly.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Amy · Married on 08/17/2012

The Mirror Lake Lyceum wasn't just our wedding venue, it was an experience. Brian Wilder is the GM of the Mirror Lake Lyceum, but for us he was almost a wedding planner, helping us pick our wedding colors, vendors and just being there for us through the whole process. The venue is beautiful as we knew, but what blew us away was the attentiveness of Brian and his staff.

We heard what a pleasure Brian and his staff were and they completely lived up to their reputation. Our rehearsal ran so smoothly and the actual day was like a well choreographed dance. Words cannot express how appreciative we are to Brian and his staff.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Jean · Married on 07/21/2012

Brian Wilder and his crew are so easy and accommodating to work with. They will go out of their way to make sure your big day is stress free and beautiful. From the first day of planning to the day of your wedding they will work close with you and set your mind at ease. I am mom of the bride and this was my first wedding planning. Brian was so helpful answering any questions I had and even making suggestions that I welcomed. He has been doing this for quite awhile so his suggestions were well accepted. On the day of the wedding he makes every little step go smoothly from working with your vendors during setup to making sure every aspect of the day goes smoothly right to the end. I would highly recommend The Mirror Lake Lyceum. Oh did I forget to mention that the venue is beautiful? Built in the 1920's as a Church, Brian renovated the building to its original beauty. Wait to you see the place.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Bethany · Married on 07/08/2012

We had a great experience at the Lyceum. Brian was extremely helpful in getting everything set up for the day of. Because they are so experienced with weddings, everything ran so smoothly. They had the schedule down pat and set up for us. Brian offered many suggestions for the ceremony and reception, as we weren't sure what we wanted. They took care of everything for us and made us feel very special. We had a great time and were very happy with the service we were given and the value for what was included in the package. The setting is also very beautiful if you are looking for a more vintage feel for your wedding. There are a lot of great places for photos after the ceremony. All of our guests loved the venue and had an amazing time thanks to the professionalism and preparedness of the staff. We would HANDS DOWN recommend the Lyceum to anyone!! We had a great wedding experience there!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Maria · Married on 03/03/2012

Beautiful venue. Brian Wilder is very helpful. Wedding day coordinating was all taken care of. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2011

This is such a beautiful venue. We fell in love with it as soon as we walked in and knew we had to have our wedding there! The wedding went beautifully! Everything looked fantastic, and Brian and his crew were amazing! We loved how unique the place was and the fact that it was totally private! That was the main reason we chose it!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2011

The Mirror Lake Lyceum is not only a beautiful place to have your wedding, the staff is AMAZING. Brian, who runs the Lyceum, makes it his mission to make your wedding as perfect as possible. He is there every moment of your wedding. He did everything from opening and closing the door for our ceremony to making sure that our sparklers were perfectly timed at the end of the night. I had no worries the day of my wedding because he took care of everything. Without a doubt, this is the best place to have your wedding because of the beautiful venue, amazing staff, and the best price by far!

Sent on 07/26/2011