Bridge Creek Catering Reviews

Bridge Creek Catering 4
Bridge Creek Catering 5
Bridge Creek Catering 6

Andreea · Married on 09/27/2014

Bridge Creek just catered our wedding and we had the most pleasant experience from start to finish. Phil has been very professional, flexible, accommodating, responsive and overall a pleasure to work with. On the day of the wedding the staff were creative, pro-active, efficient and kept the event running smoothly. We can't say enough about Bridge Creek Catering and their professionalism. Please consider them for your next event, you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/05/2014

rich · Married on 07/03/2011

(Wedding 7/3/11 in Roxbury, NY)
    They were really fantastic. There was a huge rain storm all day, 2.5 inches, and it scuttled all our plans. BCC came on the spot, figured it all out and made it work. They are like a well-oiled machine. They cost maybe a bit more than some others but what you get is event planning and coordinating, a real savings since we couldn't possibly deal with it all on our big day. Everyone on the staff was extra nice to us, as if it mattered. It was like living a privileged life for a day. Of course then I had to go to work the next day but I still had the memories.

Quality: five. the food was great. even the leftovers on the reheat
    Responsiveness: we call BCC at 7am on our wedding day and they were up and already trying to figure out how to deal with the rainstorm.
    Professionalism: never once did I feel like he was taking advantage of us. he always gave us the pricing options and tried to work with us to bring costs down. He was very professional, treating all our whims and last minute changes as normal and expected.
    Value: well, they weren't the cheapest. but they did run the wedding for us so overall a good deal.
    Flexibility: able to call things in the day of the wedding and save our big day. good job.

(Holy crap, I just read that Kim persons review. Either BCC seriously improved their game in the last year or she's nuts. Phil held our hand, walking us through the wedding and catering process for like six months. very patient)

This is the note I wrote to Bridge Creek Catering after our wedding.

Phil,

I just wanted to send a short note to tell you how absolutely fantastic you and your group were (are). You are obviously more than just a catering company. We particularly noticed the captain, Paul, making it work even while the tent was only half-setup. He took such good care of making sure the guests felt like they were experiencing a wedding rather than a rain-disaster.

It was really impressive to see your team step up to the task and re-plan everything at the last minute. It was so so helpful to have Paul seeming to take ownership of the wedding, as if it meant everything to him that it ran smoothly. I’m not just saying these things as a neophyte wedding person: I’ve been to a couple in the last two years and the catering staff was hostile, pushy, and unfriendly (I experienced it this summer, souring the mood) or laying low only preparing food in the background. Your group is so much more than this. You offer to make sure the wedding is perfect no matter what. We really want to thank you. If there is anything we can do to help you please let us know.

-rich

Sent on 08/20/2011

I'm very happy to recommend these guys. Above all else, they were a pleasure to deal with throughout: understanding, flexible, astute, and good-natured. In consultation with us they put together a great menu and made some helpful suggestions for how things could be done without ever giving the impression that they wanted do things 'their way'. Indeed, we put a few a challenges their way with our unconventional venue but they dealt with it all really well, and always with a natural smile. The food was excellent, and based on feedback from our guests I'd particularly recommend the skirt steak and the trout.

Sent on 10/01/2013

3.5

BCC did a very nice job on our wedding day and were very accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. Our coordinator Tricia did a fantastic job and was always available to answer questions and discuss ideas in the months leading up to the wedding. She was awesome. Everyone thought the food was great and the service was really stellar.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Bridge Creek did an amazing job with our wedding reception. The staff did a beautiful job setting things up the way we wanted them - everything looked perfect! Russell, the catering captain was an absolute star. She made things run very smoothly.

The food was very good. We were surprised by the variety we were able to offer our guests. We liked that they incorporated seasonal and local foods where possible.

Phil was great about working with us when our catering manager left unexpectedly. He made us feel at ease and was responsive to our requests.

Sent on 10/11/2012

George · Married on 07/27/2013

Bridge Creek was very accomodating. Tricia does a great job taking care of everything and goes above and beyond to make the entire process as stress free as possible. All our guests were overall happy. Bar staff was great and worked so well with what they had at their disposal to make every guest feel special.

We heard the same negative feedback and it was always about one server that must have been having a bad day. While we all have bad days she's not allowed to have it on my wedding. It was a small blemish on an otherwise perfect caterer.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Leslie · Married on 07/31/2016

4.2

Book them! They are terrific! I would just take some time the day of the wedding to review everything to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/21/2010

2.6
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

Bridgecreek was one of the recommended caterers at our venue. I chose them because they were available on our date and willing to accomodate our small wedding of under 50 guests. Phil was nice to talk to on the phone (initially)very friendly and social, and always willing to speak with us at length. All emails were responded to immediately and we felt comfortable working with him.

My parents went for a tasting of the food (because we were overseas at the time) and said everything was fine. Later, when we arrived home--we went to meet with Phil in person. We met and discussed some things--but no food was offered to us, which surprised me a bit. Although my parents had done a formal tasting, I thought they would want to impress the bride and groom with some small noshies or something. To me that is what hospitality is about. But nothing...

When we began to discuss wedding cakes, I asked if they had a sample. They did not. I asked for pictures of cakes they had made-- and they were not able to produce any. For the price they quoted us, no reviews to go by, and nothing to really impress us with, we decided to go with The Pastry Garden for our wedding cake. We enjoyed the experiencing with them of having a formal tasting and seeing their designs.

When I told Phil that I decided to use The Pastry Garden for our cake, I was taken aback when he bitterly responded that I should let all our wedding guests know that the cake is not his because he would not want to "tarnish" his reputation by having people think he made a Pastry Garden cake (as if our guests really care?!) His lack of professionalism and poor attitude really struck me and it made me begin to regret my decision having gone with him. His attitude towards us certainly changed after that. I did not let it get to me too much.. but it certainly was a predictor of things to come.

On the day of the wedding, there was much disorganization. For example, the staff set up the tables with no dance floor. But somehow, everything came together. As expected, nothing was above and beyond. The staff were generally not overly helpful. The DJ helped us with the cake cutting, rather than the maitre d etc. I put a plate of desserts in the backroom for the staff to wrap up for my husband (handmade vegan truffles I had specially ordered from a chocolatier and picked up the morning of the wedding!)and the staff ate them all!...

The food overall was good and we were happy with that. I gave the staff the highest recommended tip, because who's really not going to be happy on their wedding day?! And of course, I hadn't realized yet about the missing truffles which I was disappointed my husband didn't even get to try!

I emailed Phil following the wedding that one of the waitstaff were missing. It didn't cause any problems but we were aware that we were suppossed to have four servers, and only three were present and we wanted him to know this. No response.

Later, the bill came and we were a bit stunned to see that even with less guests than quoted on our proposal, our bill was around $500 more. Not only was the additional staff person (who was not there) included on the bill, but the hours the staff were there had increased (and since we were at the venue all day and stayed there overnight, we knew when the staff arrived and left!) The rental bill went up significantly with few changes. We couldn't why we were not made aware of a price increase like this beforehand, as stated in our contract!

When I brought these concerns up to Phil, and asked him about the additional waitstaff not present, he responded that he didn't feel as if this question was worth answering. Aren't all clients questions worth answering?! Especially when they are paying you $8,000 for a dinner?! He claimed that the additional staff member was there, the rental prices were accurate, etc., etc. and I realized it was just going to be a case of he said/she said. The reality is it would be very hard to prove any of the concerns we had. And I realized people like this just take advantage of the fact that it is your wedding and you're busy--and they can just get away with whatever they want. It is at their discretion really how they want to charge you.

Phil offered to go over the details of the bill etc., but to be honest I wanted him out of our lives already. I knew he was not going to try work with us and had no desire to make us happy. So I paid the bill and left it at that. No confirmation from him as to having received it or anything, I just saw the amount deducted from the account.

There's nothing I can do but make other brides out there aware of our bad experience and steer them away. There were very few reviews I was able to locate online for this caterer, and decided to just wing it with them. If I could do it again, I probably would have gone with Pamela's Travelling Feast (who Phil had initially steered us away from when I told him we were considering her) or Fitzergerald's Fine Catering who have phenomenal reviews and offer all their rentals in with their costs!

Brides, feel free to email me with any questions. I have all the correspondence emails in my inbox.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Bridge Creek Catering's reply:

Here is an email I received from the bride following the wedding:
    Thanks, Phil.

Everything was great. Everyone loved the food. We were very happy with everything. No real complaints... I did save a plate of truffles for Jason that he did not get to try and left it in the wait staff room in the back to get wrapped. I didn't specifically tell anyone this though and the staff must have thought it was for them and ate it... no big deal since it was my fault for not telling them. Also, we were expecting 4 servers, but it worked out just fine with the 3 [actually there were 4]. Nick the bartender was a big hit with everyone! And we were pleasantly surprised to see Justine cheffing. Thanks for the well wishes.

Speak to you soon!

Kim

I was just made aware today (7/5/11) of this unhappy review. I am so sorry Kim ended up feeling bad enough to have to write a review like this. She was very challenging and hard to please - one of those people that are pre-disposed to being unhappy. And she did not tell me she was upset about not getting a second tasting, and not being able to sample a variety of cake flavors. Though if she had, I'm not sure I would have accommodated her.

That is because Kim was the type of client that wanted more for less, and but then it wouldn't be what she wanted anyway. Eventually she wore me down, and towards the end I was impatient and short with her.

She assumed from the beginning I would charge her more than contracted. She was questioning little things all along. Her parent's were the same way. I was prepared to go over the final bill in detail and help her understand it, but she decided she would rather just complain about it than understand it. And she did pay in full, and gave the staff a good tip.

I feel bad I couldn't make her happy, but I don't think anybody could.

Please look up other reviews on us posted out there. This is the only bad one I have heard of.

And feel free to contact us if you have any specific concerns or questions.

Thank you for your attention.

Phil Leger