107 Reviews for Brides for a Cause

Shoes (5)
Undergarments (4)
Trunk Shows (3)
Flower Girls (2)

Love this store and its mission! So happy with the sore’s service and love my dress!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great visit at Brides for a Cause. I enjoyed being able to choose my own dresses to try on. Some of the dresses are not in the best condition so you do have to be patient and search around. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions about alterations as I tried to make a decision. I ended up trying on a dress in mint condition that was perfect!

Profile Picture Emilee, 10/6/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

I had the best experience here! The staff here were super friendly and not pushy at all. They were great at explaining how everything works and just allowed us space to look at dresses and try them on. I was able to get an incredible dress for $75!!! I would recommend anyone to check this place out. It's small, but you couldn't ask for a better more relaxed environment!!!

Profile Picture JESSICA, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

I was so pleased with my entire experience at Brides for a Cause! I found a great dress at a great value and used an alterations person who worked closely with them so we could meet at the shop for fittings. I highly recommend checking them out and learning more about their causes. I hope to volunteer for them myself someday!

Profile Picture Shauna, 8/6/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

Thanks to this amazing company I was able to find my DREAM dress for serious deals. It’s not easy to have a budget wedding these days, but finding out about Brides For a Cause was one of best things I have done for myself and my wedding. I recently attended a trunk show in Portland over the weekend where I waited outside in the cold for a couple hours, but let me tell you, it was totally worth it! I thought being a petite person would put a target on my back because I could be easily trampled over — NOT the case at all! Safety was one of their top priorities! If you having doubts about attending a trunk show or even checking out their boutiques, D O N ‘ T! They are awesome!

Photo for Brides for a Cause Review - An absolute stunner!
Profile Picture Shannon, 7/15/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Sample Gowns, Trunk Shows

Found my dress for a very nice price. The employees are very kind. If you want a second opinion they are there to help you out.

Profile Picture Ludia, 7/14/18, 5 Reviews

Profile Picture Ludia, 7/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found a beautiful dress for less than $200 at Brides for a Cause. They provide such a wonderful service for brides on a budget (and those who are mindful of recycling/donating). I cannot imagine having purchased a dress anywhere else.

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/7/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

I came to Bride for a Cause in Tacoma to look for my wedding dress. The service was great and the dresses available are in amazing condition (some are brand new with tags). You try on the dress yourself, as in the hosts do not go into the fitting room with you, so I recommend someone come with you to help you into some of the dresses. This is a shared fitting room, so there are multiple Brides with their party trying on dresses. I recommend to keep your party small (3-4). They have so many accessories and veils as well! The prices were all amazing too! Sadly, I didn't find my dress here since my size was between 16-18 and there was a small selection of these sizes at the time. Due to my time crunch, I was not able to visit their stores in either Seattle or Portland. I highly recommend future brides to check out these stores for their dresses and prices! You can save hundreds here, literally. Even if alterations are needed, I bet it would still be under your budget.

Photo
Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/2/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows

Great place to get an awesome dress for a fraction of what you would have spent at another bridal salon! People running the bridal show were super helpful with giving you ideas of how the dresses could be altered and with clipping the gowns to show you what they would look like when they were altered to fit you. Good variety of dresses, you're sure to find something that you like!

Profile Picture User7819854, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

visit here before anywhere else

Profile Picture Robyn, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I would highly recommend this store to anyone buying a wedding dress--at least come in and see what they have in your size before going to buy an expensive dress somewhere else. They are very upfront about the fact that they don't do appointments and that you will need to get the dresses to the dressing room yourself, so I was expecting to not have much customer service, but the salesperson who was staffing the store on the day I came was EXTREMELY helpful. I spent a long time in the store and couldn't have asked for better service (I came on a week day, so there were some times that I was the only customer there, and other times that most of the dressing rooms were full). Chelsea made honest suggestions only when asked, which helped me make a decision, and never pressured me to rush or buy something. I was very impressed that she took pictures of the seams of the dress and texted them to a seamstress that works with Brides for a Cause, to make sure that it would be able to be altered to fit me. When I called back with concerns about the dress, Brides for a Cause staff were so responsive and helpful. The only suggestion I can think of is that I considered the possibility of putting the dress on hold for a day in order to think it over and possibly come buy it the next day--it would have been nice to know that the next day a 20% off sale was starting, because I could have saved some money. Not at all a big deal though (especially since the dresses are so inexpensive in the first place, between $75-$450 when I was there). I also picked up a simple veil for only $10.

Profile Picture Tess, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Shoes, Veils, Bride

If I could put a sixth star under value I would! I found an amazing dress for a phenomenal price, and I feel so much better knowing that the money I spent will do some good in the world. I felt like there were a range of styles to try on, and was lucky enough to find the perfect dress for me! The dress I found only needs minor alterations, which would have been the case no matter where I found a dress. We went on a Saturday, and at no point did I feel rushed or pressured to buy anything. I highly recommend going to Brides for a Cause.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

I loved everything about this place! The people were incredible and I absolutely loved the selection! I can't imagine getting my dress from anywhere else!

Profile Picture Jill, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Definitely check it out! I only planned to go to DB (David's Bridal) a few weeks ago just to see what styles i liked on. Well, it's an understatement to say they were packed! I think it was the last weekend of one of the $99 dress sale. Decided to go ahead and look at this place even though I had originally planned to go to the event in SeaTac at the end of the month.

Ever get a gut feeling that something certain was gonna happen when you went to do it? Well I felt that way about THE dress for me. Tried on less than 5 (not a large selection yet for us brides over a size 14) and found it. I love how it looks and so far no big issues other than needs the back swapped to a corset, hem and double check the bussle. So pleased by the gals who worked there and were very supportive of style.

Their on site independent seamstress that day put my nerves at ease for all alterations. Cannot wait to work with Katie for those!

Oh and I got a sample dress for $300 which had a retail tag for $1500. Score there as I wanted to allocate as much funds to other things.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

I had originally bought my dress online, it was a designer knock off that I could afford. Big mistake, HUGE. It fit me well, but was falling apart. There was no way I could wear that on my wedding day. I went to Brides for a Cause in Tacoma this last weekend and was blown away. My only criticism is that they make it seem like the dresses are completely clean on their website, whereas in real life there was makeup galore on some of these gowns. That could be from getting tried on at the boutique though. I tried on about 15 dresses, none priced higher than $800! I went to DAVID'S BRIDAL and couldn't find a better value. I ended up with the PERFECT dress that fit me like a glove. It was well within my budget and made me cry tears of joy. I can't wait to wear this dress on my big day, thank you so much Brides for a Cause!!!!

Profile Picture Rebekah, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils

This was the perfect place to go dress shopping. It was the very first place I went to and I found my dress in just a couple of tries. My dress was originally $1680 and I got it for $360!! I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Quincie, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience at this sweet boutique and I was lucky enough to find my dream dress here! For being a discount bridal like shop, I was much more impressed with the airy and dreamy environment and kind staff than any other local upscale boutique that I visited in search of my dress. Each gal working was so sweet and genuine, and they perfectly walked the line of being helpful, and also respecting my time with my mom and future mother-in-law. To top it off, much of the money that I spent on my dress goes back to helping girls and women in our community. My dress needs a little bit of love, but nothing that a good seamstress can't help adjust, and the dress is truly one in a million. I'd highly recommend this shop for any bride-to-be! I waltzed away swooning!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went in twice. The first time it was crazy busy because it was the bridal show weekend. The attendants were still super helpful. Went back the next day to try the dress back on again in a calmer setting (not so many couple) and this time the owner helped me. She equally was fantastic and all in all the experience was perfect!

Profile Picture Desiree, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience at Brides for a Cause. I got there early in the day and was able to make my selections and try them on at my own pace. I think I tried on every dress in my size. The employees were very kind and helped me and my mom with the dress as we weren't sure what we were doing, but only came back a few times to check up on us. When we were ready to make our purchase and leave, we had some trouble finding someone to check us out. They were all in the dressing room area helping other brides. Eventually, a lady came up and helped us. I would recommend any bride check this place out when shopping for her dress. They have a wide variety of sizes and styles and a small selection on accessories. Great store and great experience!

Profile Picture Miranda, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I bought my wedding dress from here and couldn't have been happier! I went to their new location on Division and though the store is small, they do a great job of helping you out quickly and efficiently! I fell in love with my dress, and the staff was super helpful. Also, best prices you could ever ask for!

Profile Picture Myranda, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride

They helped me find a beautiful gown in my price range. They were so friendly and helpful! They let me try on as many dresses as I wanted and were genuinely excited for me!

Profile Picture Robin, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils, Bride

I absolutely loved the ladies at brides for a cause Portland. I forget the lady's name who helped me but she was incredible! I enjoyed my experience there and unexpectedly walked out with the 3rd dress I tried on!

Profile Picture User7751899, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Super nice staff, lots of dresses to try on, and so great to support good causes!

Profile Picture Suvi, 7/31/17, 1 Review