Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 5
Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Christine · Married on 11/08/2014

Great place to go dress shopping. They have so much variety, all sorted by size. I would highly recommend it to any bride to be.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Laurie · Married on 10/17/2014

What a great place to get a dress! Part of the money is given to breast cancer research. The ladies there were extremely helpful in finding a dress and helping with putting it on etc. Many many to choose from and lots of different price ranges

Sent on 12/22/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/28/2014

I got my dress at a brides for a cause event in Des Moines Washington. I went planning to get ideas for the kind of dress I wanted, wih no intention to buy, but ended up finding the perfect dress on the 4th try. I was lucky enough to find a dress that fit perfectly right off the rack. The volunteer staff were all very kind and helpful.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Liza · Married on 09/27/2014

I just picked up my dress a couple of weeks ago at Brides for a Cause and have recommended them to all my engaged friends. Not only did I have a great experience (waaaay more laid back than my overwhelming experience at a traditional bridal boutique) but my dress only cost $300. Awesome!

Brides for a cause is basically a smallish warehouse space with loads of wedding dresses and accessories (like veils and stuff) separated by size. They have three dressing rooms (with mirrors inside!) and a seating area for the people I brought with me. The employee working was hands off but available when I had questions, which was really the experience I wanted.

The first time I went in was with my mom on a Saturday and I ended up trying on 10 dresses (5 at a time are allowed in the dressing room). One of them, in my second group of 5, ended up being "the dress." My mom and I both loved it and I was 99% sure that I wanted it but I wanted to bring some of my friends by to see it too. Since one of my friends wasn't going to be in town until Monday, I asked the shop worker if we could stop by on Monday (one of the appointment-only days) and she said that would be no problem. When my friends and I showed up on Monday we had the place to ourselves. Everyone else loved the dress and I walked out with a gorgeous dress for only $300!

Once I bought my dress they gave me a list of local places to get alterations. On top of all that, they are aligned with a national nonprofit that helps couples facing life-threatening illnesses with weddings and vow renewals. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Celeste · Married on 09/27/2014

Found the perfect dress and they have amazing prices that help a great cause!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Mariel · Married on 09/06/2014

I found the dress of my dreams here! In fact, I found THREE dresses of my dreams; it was so hard to choose! I can't believe how many perfect dresses I found and the prices are great too!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jodi · Married on 08/09/2014

I spent a lot of time looking and trying on wedding dresses. I knew the general style I wanted, but I hadn't come across the dress that called out to me. I was nervous about this event at first, envisioning a similar chaos to Black Friday shopping, but with stressed out brides and their defensive mothers - all fighting over the one dress. It was not at all chaotic, rather it was quite formal and organized. There weren't a lot of dressing rooms, so girls had to alternate with each other, but overall things went smoothly. I ended up not only finding THE DRESS, but it was also one that several other girls were coveting as well! I got what I was hoping for while helping a great cause. I am looking forward to donating my dress back to this cause so that others can enjoy this beautiful dress and help those in need.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Sheena · Married on 07/20/2014

I found the most beautiful dress at an event Brides for a Cause had in San Diego. It was the very first dress I tried on and it retailed for over $6000 brand new and paid way less at this event. The dress was a hit at the wedding and my family called it a good karma dress. :) What was really amazing was the dress fit perfect and it seemed like it was meant to be. Did not have to get alterations just cleaning and a few touchups with the beading. If you are a bride on a budget or looking to support a good cause I highly recommend Brides for a Cause.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/16/2013

I check this place first, then I checked other customs bridal stores. But I came back here and got 2 great dress, paid way less than I thought and loved both of them.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Jane · Married on 08/25/2013

I went to other charity dress sales, which had overpriced frumpy dresses, used with lipstick stains. I went to Brides for a cause and they had an amazing selection! Loved my dress, and I got it for a killer deal. It was perfect. New with tags. Even came with the security tag from the bridal shop that donated it when it went out of business. I called them up, and they helped resolve the issue and even offered to pay for it. I would highly recommend them. If you're going to spend that much money on something you only wear once, it's a great feeling to know that it goes for a special cause.

Sent on 08/27/2013

I went to pretty much every bridal store/boutique in the Portland Metro area. I had a few good experiences, but most of them consisted of them shoving me in and out of multiple dresses that were full of sequins and nothing like what I had imagined. Then I went to Brides for a Cause. Erin, was relaxed, but knowledgeable and let me take my time browsing and trying on dresses. She did not immediately dismiss me based on my budget-as I experienced at several other stores. After months of searching the other stores, Erin pulled the winning dress. It was perfect! I even tried to find it online later and couldn't even find anything like it. Everything about my experience there was great! And to top it off, it benefits a wonderful charity. If you are going to spend a lot of money on something like a wedding dress, how wonderful of it to benefit others in some way.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Brittney · Married on 12/15/2012

Should have gone here first

This was my third place that I went to, simply because I made my way up from Salem. The staff are helpful and kind, and yet give you freedom to pull your own dresses without feeling pressured or overwhelmed. There were a great selection of varying styles and sizes. Although it was busy (I went on a Saturday) the staff were welcoming, there are enough dressing rooms and seating for the bridal party. They also have veils and such, but I personally didn't take advantage of this option. My dress is perfect in every way and the price was even better!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Loved my experience here!! The gal working was very helpful and kind. She was genuinely happy when I found the dress of my dreams :)

Sent on 03/21/2015

K · Married on 04/27/2019

These are donated dresses, so the "experience" may not be as luxurious as other boutiques. But, they make up for it in service, price and their overall cause!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Amber · Married on 08/26/2018

I found my wedding dress at Brides for a Cause this last Saturday. I went with a few of my bridesmaids and my mom, we had such a positive experience. The employees were so encouraging, genuine and helpful. I got an amazing deal on my dress. I love that the money we spent not only bought me a beautiful dress but also helps support local charities. It was an incredible experience.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Delia · Married on 08/26/2018

Cutest little shop located in Bellvue. Nice selection of dresses. Tip, sp for your dress on a Monday, that's when I went. Had the place all to myself.!! Justine was very, very helpful. Great prices from $150 to $1000. Save money on your dress ladies. Picked mine up for $340.00 including tax. Dress was grand new with the retail tags on it.

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Brides for a Cause 8

Tessa · Married on 08/18/2018

I enjoyed my shopping experience at a Road Show event. I was able to find my dress and get some questions answered by a seamstress. The selections varies and a lot of brides were present so you may not find your dress but if you do you'll be saving a lot and your money will help out a woman focused cause!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Amy · Married on 08/04/2018

Absolutely love this place and have been recommending it to every bride I meet. I bought two dresses! The selection is amazing, prices so reasonable, and staff makes it a wonderfully comfortable and fun experience. On top of it all, I love that I am contributing to a beautiful cause! Go get your dress there!!!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 10/15/2016

They were great here! The dress selection was really quite large and it was organized in a way that made it easy to navigate. The other brides were great and no one had to fight to get the dresses they wanted to try on. I really liked that they were willing to hold a dress for you over night incase you had to go to another appointment but didn't want to lose a potential dress. The prices can't be beat! I found my dream dress here for only $200! And best of all, the proceeds go to a great cause!!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Julie · Married on 11/08/2014

There are a million positive things to say about Brides for a Cause. First the owner is amazing. She is fun, patient and will give you your space while you browse. Second, there is such variety. If you aren't yet set on a specific style this place offers you a spectrum of options, including couture, vintage, and more traditional dresses. My sister and I both bought our wedding dresses at Brides for a Cause. We'd had fittings at two other boutiques but hadn't found anything quite right. It was really fun and helpful to try on so many different types of dresses. Finally, this is a great way to both save money on what can typically be a major expense AND give something back. The warm fuzzy feeling is real :)

Sent on 01/10/2015

Jennifer Havist · Getting married on 07/09/2019

I found the one!

Brides for a Cause was recommended to me by many people after I told them I was getting married. I went to a traditional shop first where you are assigned a stylist/helper and had a good experience there but just didn't find "the one". I knew going to Brides for a Cause was going to be a different experience based on reading the website and the reviews I had read. It isn't your traditional shop, however it was exactly what I envisioned. There was no one helping you, you did the shopping and trying on all by yourself. As recommended on the website, if you have a group larger than 3, show up after 2pm. Seven of us walked in and were immediately greeted at the door and was told how their shop worked. I found my dress within the first five I tried on! Some dresses felt more new than others and others were damaged or very worn, again not a bad thing as I was expecting this. I would recommend Brides for a Cause for anyone looking for a dress. I was lucky enough to find mine the first time I went, however I could see myself going back weekly to check what they had if I hadn't found my dress first try. I also love that they support and donate to Women's shelters and support women's groups.

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Jenni

Jennifer · Married on 03/29/2019

Tacoma Location

I got a beautiful Stella York dress for less than half the cost. Every guest loves it and wanted to know where I got it. The dress was in excellent shape, nothing wrong with it.

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • #

Polly · Married on 02/12/2017

I would go here for sure, especially if you're looking for a dress on a budget due to their friendly price tags. I lucked out and ended up finding the first dress I tried on was the one. If you don't find something the first time you go, come back again because their inventory is always new. If you see something you love you better get it because it might be gone the next day.

Sent on 02/19/2017
  • Belle

Elizabeth · Married on 05/07/2016

This place is amazing. Don't expect much ambiance--this is a warehouse setting--but they have a ton of beautiful gowns in new or like-new condition at great prices. And part of the price goes to charity. Their accessories aren't in quite as good condition or as good a value as the dresses, but still worth looking at. Bring a friend to help you in and out of gowns since you won't get an individual consultant.

Sent on 09/04/2015

I purchased a beautiful lace gown at Brides for a Cause. I went on a Thursday afternoon and was the only one in the shop, so the gals working provided some extra assistance. When I returned Saturday they were quite busy but the staff still worked to assist everyone. The dress I purchased was used and had a small stain on the front that was easily removed with a Tide pen. The range of styles was impressive considering they rely on donations. Overall it was a very good experience and I was very happy with the gown I found.

Sent on 06/18/2015