Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 5
Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Angela · Married on 09/19/2015

I absolutely love this place! The cause is amazing and I personally know someone who has benefitted from their generosity! I also definitely benefitted, because I scored my dream dress for $300! Although I thought I had already found my dress at another boutique, as soon as I saw this dress, I knew it was the one...and it was $150 cheaper!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

Why wouldn't you shop here for your gown!?!? The selection is amazing! I got a gorgeous dress for a fraction of the what it would have cost me in a bridal store. AND they donate some of their proceeds to a fantastic charity. It's a win, win, win for everyone!!! I have recommended Brides for a Cause to every new bride I know. The volunteer was super nice and helpful. Definitely a must visit before you go anywhere else!!! Loved my experience, love my dress!!! (Don't let the cost of my dress fool you, it looks like a designer dress....because it is!)

Sent on 03/12/2015

Che · Married on 09/01/2015

This was the most wonderful experience. Sana was superb and patient and overextended herself in every possible way. She resolved my dilemma and sent me beautiful dresses - way over my expectations. I can not believe that such a wonderful bridal experience exists!

Sent on 09/04/2015

T · Married on 08/31/2015

Brides for a Cause is GREAT! VERY friendly! VERY patient! VERY speedy service! VERY great selection!

I approached Brides for a Cause because I needed 12 inexpensive bridal gowns for a costume party I was throwing in NYC, and needed them fast!

I emailed their general email at 11 PM on Monday night, and by 8 AM the next morning, their owner, Erin, had connected me with to their super helpful and patient online sales manager, Sana. I spoke with Sana about my needs and urgent deadline, and within an hour, I had images of various dresses in my inbox. She didn't even bat an eye when I asked her for more images. I ordered the 12 dresses the next day, and received the package way before my deadline! AND, Brides for a Cause was not only efficient and speedy, they worked with me to get the lowest shipping cost possible!

Erin, Sana, and everyone else who helped out at Brides for A Cause, THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your hard work.

Sent on 09/04/2015

It took me two trips here to find my dress, but even through I didn't find the dress on the first trip I found more dresses to try on than all the other bridal stores I visited. They have a huge selection including vintage dresses with a huge range of prices. On my second trip I found a perfect dress with a very unique accessory and I was able to bargain on the price a bit since it had a small stain that needed removal. Best of all I didn't feel absurd spending money on a dress I would wear once since it all goes to charity :)

Sent on 07/15/2015

Wonderful bridal shop! The options in my price range ($200-$300) were somewhat limited, but I did end up finding a great dress for $200. Erin was very helpful and great to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Jenn · Married on 04/25/2015

After finding a dress I liked, the staff realized it had been requested by someone online just a day or two prior. They were very courteous and professional in letting me know the situation and setting up clear next steps. They contacted the person who'd requested the dress online to give her a deadline for purchase. She ended up responding that she no longer wanted the dress, so I was able to have the usual 24 hours to consider it. I ended up purchasing the dress the next day and they gave me the same discount they'd offered the other customer.

I really appreciated the staff's candor and responsiveness about the issue. They were helpful when I was trying on dresses and gave me a list of places to contact for alterations.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Sydney · Married on 04/25/2015

I came in to Brides for a Cause looking for a belt to go with a dress at a boutique that I loved and left with an amazing dress for a great deal. My dress was a beautiful sample gown that had never been worn and retailed at $4,500. I got it at Brides for a Cause for $600! You can't beat that! At least swing by and see what they have before you commit to a dress at a boutique for several thousand dollars, you never know what you might find and I am proof of that.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Anna · Married on 01/03/2015

I got both by wedding dress and veil here and felt so good about it! Wedding dress shopping can be so overwhelming, dresses are outrageously expensive and it's hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on a dress to wear for a few short hours, however as a bride you want to be the vision you've dreamt of since you were a girl. Brides for a Cause is so perfect for this dilemma ! They had a huge selection, and even a section of all designer dresses! I found a gorgeous dress that was originally 1500, and I got it for 700, it was a sample dress and so never worn at a wedding (essentially brand new!) I was so happy with my experience here, the staff was very friendly and helpful. They had tons of veils and accessories, it is truly a one stop shop. PLUS you feel great when you walk out the door, as you get to help a great cause! I would buy my dress here again!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Christine · Married on 11/08/2014

Great place to go dress shopping. They have so much variety, all sorted by size. I would highly recommend it to any bride to be.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Laurie · Married on 10/17/2014

What a great place to get a dress! Part of the money is given to breast cancer research. The ladies there were extremely helpful in finding a dress and helping with putting it on etc. Many many to choose from and lots of different price ranges

Sent on 12/22/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/28/2014

I got my dress at a brides for a cause event in Des Moines Washington. I went planning to get ideas for the kind of dress I wanted, wih no intention to buy, but ended up finding the perfect dress on the 4th try. I was lucky enough to find a dress that fit perfectly right off the rack. The volunteer staff were all very kind and helpful.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Liza · Married on 09/27/2014

I just picked up my dress a couple of weeks ago at Brides for a Cause and have recommended them to all my engaged friends. Not only did I have a great experience (waaaay more laid back than my overwhelming experience at a traditional bridal boutique) but my dress only cost $300. Awesome!

Brides for a cause is basically a smallish warehouse space with loads of wedding dresses and accessories (like veils and stuff) separated by size. They have three dressing rooms (with mirrors inside!) and a seating area for the people I brought with me. The employee working was hands off but available when I had questions, which was really the experience I wanted.

The first time I went in was with my mom on a Saturday and I ended up trying on 10 dresses (5 at a time are allowed in the dressing room). One of them, in my second group of 5, ended up being "the dress." My mom and I both loved it and I was 99% sure that I wanted it but I wanted to bring some of my friends by to see it too. Since one of my friends wasn't going to be in town until Monday, I asked the shop worker if we could stop by on Monday (one of the appointment-only days) and she said that would be no problem. When my friends and I showed up on Monday we had the place to ourselves. Everyone else loved the dress and I walked out with a gorgeous dress for only $300!

Once I bought my dress they gave me a list of local places to get alterations. On top of all that, they are aligned with a national nonprofit that helps couples facing life-threatening illnesses with weddings and vow renewals. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Celeste · Married on 09/27/2014

Found the perfect dress and they have amazing prices that help a great cause!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Mariel · Married on 09/06/2014

I found the dress of my dreams here! In fact, I found THREE dresses of my dreams; it was so hard to choose! I can't believe how many perfect dresses I found and the prices are great too!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jodi · Married on 08/09/2014

I spent a lot of time looking and trying on wedding dresses. I knew the general style I wanted, but I hadn't come across the dress that called out to me. I was nervous about this event at first, envisioning a similar chaos to Black Friday shopping, but with stressed out brides and their defensive mothers - all fighting over the one dress. It was not at all chaotic, rather it was quite formal and organized. There weren't a lot of dressing rooms, so girls had to alternate with each other, but overall things went smoothly. I ended up not only finding THE DRESS, but it was also one that several other girls were coveting as well! I got what I was hoping for while helping a great cause. I am looking forward to donating my dress back to this cause so that others can enjoy this beautiful dress and help those in need.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Sheena · Married on 07/20/2014

I found the most beautiful dress at an event Brides for a Cause had in San Diego. It was the very first dress I tried on and it retailed for over $6000 brand new and paid way less at this event. The dress was a hit at the wedding and my family called it a good karma dress. :) What was really amazing was the dress fit perfect and it seemed like it was meant to be. Did not have to get alterations just cleaning and a few touchups with the beading. If you are a bride on a budget or looking to support a good cause I highly recommend Brides for a Cause.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/16/2013

I check this place first, then I checked other customs bridal stores. But I came back here and got 2 great dress, paid way less than I thought and loved both of them.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Jane · Married on 08/25/2013

I went to other charity dress sales, which had overpriced frumpy dresses, used with lipstick stains. I went to Brides for a cause and they had an amazing selection! Loved my dress, and I got it for a killer deal. It was perfect. New with tags. Even came with the security tag from the bridal shop that donated it when it went out of business. I called them up, and they helped resolve the issue and even offered to pay for it. I would highly recommend them. If you're going to spend that much money on something you only wear once, it's a great feeling to know that it goes for a special cause.

Sent on 08/27/2013

I went to pretty much every bridal store/boutique in the Portland Metro area. I had a few good experiences, but most of them consisted of them shoving me in and out of multiple dresses that were full of sequins and nothing like what I had imagined. Then I went to Brides for a Cause. Erin, was relaxed, but knowledgeable and let me take my time browsing and trying on dresses. She did not immediately dismiss me based on my budget-as I experienced at several other stores. After months of searching the other stores, Erin pulled the winning dress. It was perfect! I even tried to find it online later and couldn't even find anything like it. Everything about my experience there was great! And to top it off, it benefits a wonderful charity. If you are going to spend a lot of money on something like a wedding dress, how wonderful of it to benefit others in some way.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Brittney · Married on 12/15/2012

Should have gone here first

This was my third place that I went to, simply because I made my way up from Salem. The staff are helpful and kind, and yet give you freedom to pull your own dresses without feeling pressured or overwhelmed. There were a great selection of varying styles and sizes. Although it was busy (I went on a Saturday) the staff were welcoming, there are enough dressing rooms and seating for the bridal party. They also have veils and such, but I personally didn't take advantage of this option. My dress is perfect in every way and the price was even better!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Loved my experience here!! The gal working was very helpful and kind. She was genuinely happy when I found the dress of my dreams :)

Sent on 03/21/2015

K · Married on 04/27/2019

These are donated dresses, so the "experience" may not be as luxurious as other boutiques. But, they make up for it in service, price and their overall cause!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Amber · Married on 08/26/2018

I found my wedding dress at Brides for a Cause this last Saturday. I went with a few of my bridesmaids and my mom, we had such a positive experience. The employees were so encouraging, genuine and helpful. I got an amazing deal on my dress. I love that the money we spent not only bought me a beautiful dress but also helps support local charities. It was an incredible experience.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Delia · Married on 08/26/2018

Cutest little shop located in Bellvue. Nice selection of dresses. Tip, sp for your dress on a Monday, that's when I went. Had the place all to myself.!! Justine was very, very helpful. Great prices from $150 to $1000. Save money on your dress ladies. Picked mine up for $340.00 including tax. Dress was grand new with the retail tags on it.

Sent on 07/08/2018