Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 5
Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Blake · Married on 07/07/2017

There is such a wide selection of dresses at Brides for a Cause! I literally filled my dressing room multiple times with dresses I loved. After the second visit, I found the PERFECT dress and it was from Kleinfeld! Tags still attached and never worn outside (only tried on in the store!). The price was a few hundred dollars over my budget, but Erin was able to reduce it for me to stay closer to my budget! I could've cried when she told me she would do that for me! The staff there are so friendly and they remembered me and my family! Both times I was there, they had a seamstress who gave us quotes for alterations. It was convenient to see how easy (or not so easy) it would be to fix the gown! They also have bridesmaid dresses (or dresses for the mother of the bride/groom) for $20, which have never been worn! I will definitely be taking my bridesmaids here to find their dresses for my wedding! I would recommend this shop to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

I love this place. I got a beautiful dress that I never could have afforded otherwise. Not only that but I got my veil and 4 bridesmaids dresses for $300. The people were so nice and helpful as well.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

I loved my experience with this shop. There were rows and rows of beautiful gowns at affordable prices. There was a decent mix of designer samples and used gowns. Though some of the gowns I loved needed a lot of tlc and fixed seams, they were priced so well that it left room in the budget to get the alterations to fix it.
    The two associates working were really kind, helpful and accommodating. Though the store was busy, we still got the help we needed.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Desiree · Married on 06/09/2017

Absolutely amazing! I felt like a million dollars on my wedding day all thanks to Brides for Cause. I spent minimal money on a designer gown that I would of never of been able to pay retail for. It was a wonderful experience shopping there at the store and they were more than helpful during the process. I cannot say enough about the shop and my experience I had there. I would HIGHLY recommend Brides for a Cause. Knowing my money went to charities that support other women made me feel even more beautiful. Thank you Brides for a Cause for the wonderful experience and the stunning gown!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Hillary · Married on 06/04/2017

What a fantastic store! I was not enthusiastic about spending several hundred (or more) dollars on a dress that I would be wearing only once, but I was not having any luck at regular stores finding a dress that felt sufficiently bridal (Macy's, Nordstrom, etc.) Brides for a Cause had an excellent selection of dresses at amazing prices. There is no pressure to buy a dress, and you don't need to make an appointment in advance. Taking advantage of the freedom to browse, I was able to try on dresses that I might not have considered trying on otherwise, and I got a better sense of the styles that I liked best. Eventually I found a beautiful dress that fit perfectly off the rack, and I received many compliments at my wedding. Thank you, Brides for a Cause!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Lindsey · Married on 05/28/2017

I had the absolute best experience at Tacoma's Brides for a Cause. I'd visited a number of other "traditional" bridal stores and found them to be stuffy and stressful. I didn't like having to plan far ahead and make appointments, and then have others pick what they thought I would like. The atmosphere at Tacoma's Brides for a Cause is completely different - they allow you to walk through and browse dresses for yourself, and you can even try them on by yourself in the room (helpful if you don't love a stranger looking at you in your underwear). The employee at this store was so helpful - and I found my wedding dress there for $500 (down from $1500)! Even better, all the proceeds go to womens' shelters. I can't recommend this store highly enough - it was an all-around wonderful experience. Thank you, Tacoma Brides for a Cause!

Sent on 02/09/2017

When looking for a dress this is a must for the first stop, so many beautiful dresses to try on and the prices are great. Bonus points for it helping those in need.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Susannah · Married on 03/19/2017

AMAZING. Cannot recommend this place enough. Incredible prices and for a good cause as well, really makes you happy to be dropping this much on a single dress.

Sent on 07/19/2016

**This review is for the Tacoma location** I want to share my experience of how I stumbled over and into my dream dress just 45 days before my wedding. Because I'm in my 40's and not a first time bride I wasn't particularly excited to go wedding gown shopping but shortly after becoming engaged I used my lunch hour and tried on a few gowns at a local designer resale store. I found a pretty Nicole Miller Dakota wedding gown with the tags still on it. It needed some alterations but I was happy with the style and quality. Next I brought it to a highly rated alterations specialist (shout out to you Stacy) and bought some accessories. But after two rounds of fittings and four months I was still have dress disaster dreams. So on a day that I needed to kill a half hour I stopped by the new Brides for a Cause in Tacoma on 6th Ave. I wanted to look at the veils but was quickly distracted by the selection and quality of designer gowns. One in particular caught my eye and even though I tried to talk myself down from it I tried it on and it was ... PERFECT. Still I felt like it would be crazy to buy another gown so I walked away and told the very helpful and non pushy Deanna that I needed to think about it because I had already bought a wedding gown.
    At this point I went home and called Stacy to see where she was at on the alterations and told her I was having second thoughts on my choice and I might be bringing her another gown. She suggested that I buy the other dress if it was possible to return it within a few hours if it didn't wok out to try them back to back. I called Brides for a Cause and asked Deanna if I could purchase the gown and return it for a refund the same day if it didn't work out. She needed to speak with the manager Christine because this wasn't standard policy. In the end they worked with me and long story short, I was able to see both gowns together. It was just what I needed to make the final decision and I'm so happy that I found the perfect dress!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Eva · Married on 03/03/2017

I went two different times three weeks apart. Both times I received excellent help and attention from the staff. The first time I tried on some beautiful dresses but wasn't ready to commit to one. I returned three weeks later looking for a J-Crew dress that I had tried on. I didn't find that dress but I did find the most beautiful, never worn gown!! It fits great and will only need minimal alterations.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Alanna · Married on 02/11/2017

If there was ever a perfect combination of good cause and good experience, this is it!!! After failing (twice) to have dresses created for me through Etsy for very little money, I decided I would go to an actual dress shop, which is when I heard of Brides for a Cause. Being a size 16 it can be a little challenging to find dresses in my size, but I was assured they carried dresses up to a size 24. What I found when I arrived was amazing. And I left with a designer dress that I never could have afforded off the rack in a store! Hands down, best place to buy a dress, and you're helping those in need to get their wedding day dreams... What could be better?!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Lots of dresses to try on at a great price and doing something good. It's a win all the way around.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Kendra · Married on 12/23/2016

I had THE best experience at Brides for a Cause. After finding multiple dresses my first visit there I cancelled all other appointments. I got a beautiful designer dress at a fraction of the cost. Erin and her team are so much fun, not to mention knowledgable. I didn't feel any pressure for a sale, they just genuinely wanted me to find a dress I felt beautiful in.

Sent on 03/24/2016

I went to the Dress Dash in Eugene, and it was a pleasant experience. I was impressed with how organized it was and the brides all treated each other very kindly. If one dress didn't work for one bride, they would make it available for another to try on almost immediately. All of the dresses were $150 and there were seamstresses there to help you factor in the alteration costs. The best part, a part of the proceeds go to charity!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Lori · Married on 09/03/2016

Looking to make a difference on a purchase you are already going to make?? Why not look here first! It's a lot of dresses in all different styles and prices (most likely going to be a good deal). All the dresses are sorted in sizes and I was lucky to have grabbed a few and my perfect dress was in that group! Great price, what I was looking for, and my money went to a good cause. Win Win Win! I'd suggest this place to anyone.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

I found the most beautiful belt and a veil that matched my dress perfectly! I LOVED supporting such a great cause. These adornments made my dress look spectacular!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • FutureMrsPage2016

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2016

Brides for a Cause was my first and only bridal shop i went to (for my wedding dress). After having been to Charlotte's and other bridal shops in Portland, i knew i didn't want to pay an arm & a leg for a designer gown. I was a little nervous about going in without an appointment but it ended up being fine. I took 2 people with me and we went on a Sunday afternoon. I was immediately greeted at the check-in and given the rundown of how everything went, the 2 ladies working were very friendly and extremely helpful. They informed me that all the dressing rooms were taken but by the time i got thru all the dress racks, my bridesmaid had secured me a dressing room.
    A few of the dresses i tried on were corset in the back and after having my mom lace up one dress (which took forever, bless her heart), the owner came over and laced up the next one, she used to own a bridal shop 15 years ago and was very quick and efficient.
    They have a variety of shoes, veils, accessories that can be tried on with gowns in the center area. I did end up finding my dream dress (that i have pined over on Pinterest for the last year) and it was over 50% off! The checkout process was very easy and they gave me a list of recommended seamstresses in town. My dress had been dry cleaned already and due to the cost of my dress, they included a garmet bag as well which was very nice.
    All in all, an amazing experience and I'm so glad i got the dress of my dreams at such a discount! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for designer dresses at a discount!!

Sent on 02/02/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

Brides for a cause was everything I was hoping for and so much more! I had previously went to Davids Bridal, and although it can be helpful having your own personal assistant, it puts a lot of pressure on. I walked into Brides for a Cause and knew I would find my dress. It is a beautiful warehouse, filled with tons of dresses in every size, the dressing rooms are huge, and the staff is so friendly and helpful without being pushy, I left with a gorgeous dress, I couldn't have afforded elsewhere, and intend to donate it back to this great cause after my wedding. I will recommend this vendor to all!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/09/2016

Brides for a Cause provided me with my perfect dress! They came to Sisters, Oregon to do a Dress Dash and it was a lot of fun. My party and I waited outside starting at 5 am and it was completely worth it. They had quite a bit of options, considering they came down from Portland. After trying on dress after dress I found the one that I fell in love with. Plus, it only cost $150 and it retailed for at least $3000! I also got a lovely veil for $50. This was my first experiencing dress shopping and I certainly went home a winner!

Sent on 11/24/2015

I went to Brides for Cause to check out their formal dresses to help out a friend look for prom dress. I ended up loving a wedding dress and the price was really way below than the value of the gown. We were also able to buy a few dresses for my bridesmaids. The ladies that work there are very friendly and you don't have a salesperson that's pressuring you to buy a dress, their main goal is for you and your wedding party to enjoy the time. They are very helpful and excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend them to all brides. Check them out!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

Love this place! I had looked at dresses many different places in different cities, but this is where I found THE dress and for just $200. Even without the great price, it was my favorite dress by far. The staff was very helpful and it was nice to know that part of the proceeds go to charity. Definitely worth checking out.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

Got to wear my DREAM dress thanks for Brides for a Cause!! I live in CA but my brother lives about 3 blocks from this place in Portland so I decided to check it out and WOW I'm so happy that I did! Bought a Vera Wang that was on sale for half off and they shipped it to CA for me for $25! Wish I could add a picture to this review just so you have an idea on how beautiful this dress is, friends and family are still talking about it 3 months later! I recommend Brides for a Cause to everyone now, it is literally worth flying to Portland for!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Nanielle · Married on 04/02/2016

After looking at 3 shops and not finding anything, I found my dress at Brides For A Cause. It was easy, simple, and I got a designer dress for $150.00!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Just recently i found the dress of my dreams here. I went to an event called "dress dash" very early in the morning along with hundreds of other brides there. When i arrived i thought by the time i got in the doors there would be no dresses left for me and that i was going to leave empty handed! Luckily there was still a good selection left when i got in. I must admit it was a little crazy but totally worth it. I walked out with the dress of my dreams unused for $150 retailing at $1100. Couldn't be happier! I definitely reccomend checking it out!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Katelynn · Married on 09/21/2015

I cannot even explain how much I loved this place. I live in Southern Oregon, and after trying on an expensive dress at the local bridal shop, I wanted something more. I found Brides for a Cause while browsing through bridal boutiques in Portland. I gathered my girlfriends and headed for the city. Once we arrived, the sales associate explained the layout and then set us free, which I really appreciated. I didn't feel pressured or watched like I experienced at other bridal stores, but if I had a question or needed advice, the sales associate was knowledgable and eager to help. I ended up buying a dress that was not what I thought I wanted at all, but it is BEAUTIFUL. The dress itself is Kenneth Pool and retailed for $5,700. I spent $350 on my dress. That is 94% off. Yep. Best deal of my life. Plus, not only did I get an incredible deal and a drop dead gorgeous dress that I would not have been able to afford otherwise, half of the proceeds went to help out another couple. I will definitely be back with my girlfriends when it's their turn to tie the knot. Amazing store.

Sent on 01/19/2015