Brides for a Cause Reviews

Brides for a Cause 5
Brides for a Cause 6
Brides for a Cause 7

Eva · Married on 03/03/2017

I went two different times three weeks apart. Both times I received excellent help and attention from the staff. The first time I tried on some beautiful dresses but wasn't ready to commit to one. I returned three weeks later looking for a J-Crew dress that I had tried on. I didn't find that dress but I did find the most beautiful, never worn gown!! It fits great and will only need minimal alterations.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Alanna · Married on 02/11/2017

If there was ever a perfect combination of good cause and good experience, this is it!!! After failing (twice) to have dresses created for me through Etsy for very little money, I decided I would go to an actual dress shop, which is when I heard of Brides for a Cause. Being a size 16 it can be a little challenging to find dresses in my size, but I was assured they carried dresses up to a size 24. What I found when I arrived was amazing. And I left with a designer dress that I never could have afforded off the rack in a store! Hands down, best place to buy a dress, and you're helping those in need to get their wedding day dreams... What could be better?!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Lots of dresses to try on at a great price and doing something good. It's a win all the way around.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Kendra · Married on 12/23/2016

I had THE best experience at Brides for a Cause. After finding multiple dresses my first visit there I cancelled all other appointments. I got a beautiful designer dress at a fraction of the cost. Erin and her team are so much fun, not to mention knowledgable. I didn't feel any pressure for a sale, they just genuinely wanted me to find a dress I felt beautiful in.

Sent on 03/24/2016

I went to the Dress Dash in Eugene, and it was a pleasant experience. I was impressed with how organized it was and the brides all treated each other very kindly. If one dress didn't work for one bride, they would make it available for another to try on almost immediately. All of the dresses were $150 and there were seamstresses there to help you factor in the alteration costs. The best part, a part of the proceeds go to charity!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Lori · Married on 09/03/2016

Looking to make a difference on a purchase you are already going to make?? Why not look here first! It's a lot of dresses in all different styles and prices (most likely going to be a good deal). All the dresses are sorted in sizes and I was lucky to have grabbed a few and my perfect dress was in that group! Great price, what I was looking for, and my money went to a good cause. Win Win Win! I'd suggest this place to anyone.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

I found the most beautiful belt and a veil that matched my dress perfectly! I LOVED supporting such a great cause. These adornments made my dress look spectacular!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • FutureMrsPage2016

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2016

Brides for a Cause was my first and only bridal shop i went to (for my wedding dress). After having been to Charlotte's and other bridal shops in Portland, i knew i didn't want to pay an arm & a leg for a designer gown. I was a little nervous about going in without an appointment but it ended up being fine. I took 2 people with me and we went on a Sunday afternoon. I was immediately greeted at the check-in and given the rundown of how everything went, the 2 ladies working were very friendly and extremely helpful. They informed me that all the dressing rooms were taken but by the time i got thru all the dress racks, my bridesmaid had secured me a dressing room.
    A few of the dresses i tried on were corset in the back and after having my mom lace up one dress (which took forever, bless her heart), the owner came over and laced up the next one, she used to own a bridal shop 15 years ago and was very quick and efficient.
    They have a variety of shoes, veils, accessories that can be tried on with gowns in the center area. I did end up finding my dream dress (that i have pined over on Pinterest for the last year) and it was over 50% off! The checkout process was very easy and they gave me a list of recommended seamstresses in town. My dress had been dry cleaned already and due to the cost of my dress, they included a garmet bag as well which was very nice.
    All in all, an amazing experience and I'm so glad i got the dress of my dreams at such a discount! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for designer dresses at a discount!!

Sent on 02/02/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

Brides for a cause was everything I was hoping for and so much more! I had previously went to Davids Bridal, and although it can be helpful having your own personal assistant, it puts a lot of pressure on. I walked into Brides for a Cause and knew I would find my dress. It is a beautiful warehouse, filled with tons of dresses in every size, the dressing rooms are huge, and the staff is so friendly and helpful without being pushy, I left with a gorgeous dress, I couldn't have afforded elsewhere, and intend to donate it back to this great cause after my wedding. I will recommend this vendor to all!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/09/2016

Brides for a Cause provided me with my perfect dress! They came to Sisters, Oregon to do a Dress Dash and it was a lot of fun. My party and I waited outside starting at 5 am and it was completely worth it. They had quite a bit of options, considering they came down from Portland. After trying on dress after dress I found the one that I fell in love with. Plus, it only cost $150 and it retailed for at least $3000! I also got a lovely veil for $50. This was my first experiencing dress shopping and I certainly went home a winner!

Sent on 11/24/2015

I went to Brides for Cause to check out their formal dresses to help out a friend look for prom dress. I ended up loving a wedding dress and the price was really way below than the value of the gown. We were also able to buy a few dresses for my bridesmaids. The ladies that work there are very friendly and you don't have a salesperson that's pressuring you to buy a dress, their main goal is for you and your wedding party to enjoy the time. They are very helpful and excellent customer service. Would definitely recommend them to all brides. Check them out!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

Love this place! I had looked at dresses many different places in different cities, but this is where I found THE dress and for just $200. Even without the great price, it was my favorite dress by far. The staff was very helpful and it was nice to know that part of the proceeds go to charity. Definitely worth checking out.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

Got to wear my DREAM dress thanks for Brides for a Cause!! I live in CA but my brother lives about 3 blocks from this place in Portland so I decided to check it out and WOW I'm so happy that I did! Bought a Vera Wang that was on sale for half off and they shipped it to CA for me for $25! Wish I could add a picture to this review just so you have an idea on how beautiful this dress is, friends and family are still talking about it 3 months later! I recommend Brides for a Cause to everyone now, it is literally worth flying to Portland for!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Nanielle · Married on 04/02/2016

After looking at 3 shops and not finding anything, I found my dress at Brides For A Cause. It was easy, simple, and I got a designer dress for $150.00!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Just recently i found the dress of my dreams here. I went to an event called "dress dash" very early in the morning along with hundreds of other brides there. When i arrived i thought by the time i got in the doors there would be no dresses left for me and that i was going to leave empty handed! Luckily there was still a good selection left when i got in. I must admit it was a little crazy but totally worth it. I walked out with the dress of my dreams unused for $150 retailing at $1100. Couldn't be happier! I definitely reccomend checking it out!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Katelynn · Married on 09/21/2015

I cannot even explain how much I loved this place. I live in Southern Oregon, and after trying on an expensive dress at the local bridal shop, I wanted something more. I found Brides for a Cause while browsing through bridal boutiques in Portland. I gathered my girlfriends and headed for the city. Once we arrived, the sales associate explained the layout and then set us free, which I really appreciated. I didn't feel pressured or watched like I experienced at other bridal stores, but if I had a question or needed advice, the sales associate was knowledgable and eager to help. I ended up buying a dress that was not what I thought I wanted at all, but it is BEAUTIFUL. The dress itself is Kenneth Pool and retailed for $5,700. I spent $350 on my dress. That is 94% off. Yep. Best deal of my life. Plus, not only did I get an incredible deal and a drop dead gorgeous dress that I would not have been able to afford otherwise, half of the proceeds went to help out another couple. I will definitely be back with my girlfriends when it's their turn to tie the knot. Amazing store.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Angela · Married on 09/19/2015

I absolutely love this place! The cause is amazing and I personally know someone who has benefitted from their generosity! I also definitely benefitted, because I scored my dream dress for $300! Although I thought I had already found my dress at another boutique, as soon as I saw this dress, I knew it was the one...and it was $150 cheaper!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

Why wouldn't you shop here for your gown!?!? The selection is amazing! I got a gorgeous dress for a fraction of the what it would have cost me in a bridal store. AND they donate some of their proceeds to a fantastic charity. It's a win, win, win for everyone!!! I have recommended Brides for a Cause to every new bride I know. The volunteer was super nice and helpful. Definitely a must visit before you go anywhere else!!! Loved my experience, love my dress!!! (Don't let the cost of my dress fool you, it looks like a designer dress....because it is!)

Sent on 03/12/2015

Che · Married on 09/01/2015

This was the most wonderful experience. Sana was superb and patient and overextended herself in every possible way. She resolved my dilemma and sent me beautiful dresses - way over my expectations. I can not believe that such a wonderful bridal experience exists!

Sent on 09/04/2015

T · Married on 08/31/2015

Brides for a Cause is GREAT! VERY friendly! VERY patient! VERY speedy service! VERY great selection!

I approached Brides for a Cause because I needed 12 inexpensive bridal gowns for a costume party I was throwing in NYC, and needed them fast!

I emailed their general email at 11 PM on Monday night, and by 8 AM the next morning, their owner, Erin, had connected me with to their super helpful and patient online sales manager, Sana. I spoke with Sana about my needs and urgent deadline, and within an hour, I had images of various dresses in my inbox. She didn't even bat an eye when I asked her for more images. I ordered the 12 dresses the next day, and received the package way before my deadline! AND, Brides for a Cause was not only efficient and speedy, they worked with me to get the lowest shipping cost possible!

Erin, Sana, and everyone else who helped out at Brides for A Cause, THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your hard work.

Sent on 09/04/2015

It took me two trips here to find my dress, but even through I didn't find the dress on the first trip I found more dresses to try on than all the other bridal stores I visited. They have a huge selection including vintage dresses with a huge range of prices. On my second trip I found a perfect dress with a very unique accessory and I was able to bargain on the price a bit since it had a small stain that needed removal. Best of all I didn't feel absurd spending money on a dress I would wear once since it all goes to charity :)

Sent on 07/15/2015

Wonderful bridal shop! The options in my price range ($200-$300) were somewhat limited, but I did end up finding a great dress for $200. Erin was very helpful and great to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Jenn · Married on 04/25/2015

After finding a dress I liked, the staff realized it had been requested by someone online just a day or two prior. They were very courteous and professional in letting me know the situation and setting up clear next steps. They contacted the person who'd requested the dress online to give her a deadline for purchase. She ended up responding that she no longer wanted the dress, so I was able to have the usual 24 hours to consider it. I ended up purchasing the dress the next day and they gave me the same discount they'd offered the other customer.

I really appreciated the staff's candor and responsiveness about the issue. They were helpful when I was trying on dresses and gave me a list of places to contact for alterations.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Sydney · Married on 04/25/2015

I came in to Brides for a Cause looking for a belt to go with a dress at a boutique that I loved and left with an amazing dress for a great deal. My dress was a beautiful sample gown that had never been worn and retailed at $4,500. I got it at Brides for a Cause for $600! You can't beat that! At least swing by and see what they have before you commit to a dress at a boutique for several thousand dollars, you never know what you might find and I am proof of that.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Anna · Married on 01/03/2015

I got both by wedding dress and veil here and felt so good about it! Wedding dress shopping can be so overwhelming, dresses are outrageously expensive and it's hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on a dress to wear for a few short hours, however as a bride you want to be the vision you've dreamt of since you were a girl. Brides for a Cause is so perfect for this dilemma ! They had a huge selection, and even a section of all designer dresses! I found a gorgeous dress that was originally 1500, and I got it for 700, it was a sample dress and so never worn at a wedding (essentially brand new!) I was so happy with my experience here, the staff was very friendly and helpful. They had tons of veils and accessories, it is truly a one stop shop. PLUS you feel great when you walk out the door, as you get to help a great cause! I would buy my dress here again!

Sent on 01/14/2015