Bride's Best Friend Reviews

40 | Mentor, OH

40 Reviews for Bride's Best Friend

Kelly · Married on 07/29/2016

Denise Shaw was an absolutely amazing addition to our wedding planning process. She was organized, friendly, easy to work with and knew how to finalize every detail to a wedding. We were married in the Cleveland area and she knew many vendors and the best way to quickly contact all vendors at almost any time of the every of the day. On our wedding day she made sure that the timing and day ran smoothly with no issues known to myself or my husband. When something came up it was fixed within minutes. Denise was always on top of everything that was happening whether it be a piece of jewelry breaking, the claspe on a dress came undone etc (the list could go on). She had her kit ready to go to honestly fix anything. My husband and I had the most perfect wedding day and Denise was a large part of why the day was so smooth. She is definitely without a doubt a fabulous hard working wedding planner but a best friend. It is very difficult to not fall in love with her throughout the process, she will do anything to relieve your stress during wedding planning and the day of the event!! We highly recommend her as a wedding planner :)

Sent on 08/10/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

ABSOLUTELY the best! I really do not know what I would of done without her! We were able to enjoy our wedding and we did not have to worry about anything- it was so nice and it made our day so much more special! Throughout the process, she would help us with a timeline and what needed to be done and remind us of things so I did not have to worry I was forgetting something or not on time. She took care of all that for me and came to all my meetings. It was a tremendous experience I do not know what I would of done without her! HIGHLY RECOMMEND !

Sent on 07/20/2016

Denise has the expertise to solve any problem and to connect with each bride and groom individually. She helped my son and daughter-in-law bring together two visions into one fabulous event. She is currently working with my out-of-state daughter using Skype and productive, limited appointments.

Sent on 07/21/2016
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/02/2015

We hired Denise as our "Day of Coordinator" to help put our Cleveland wedding together when we arrived, since we planned it from our home in Florida. From the day we signed the contract she was there for me whenever I needed her! She was there for me when I visited before the wedding, went to my fitting to learn how to bustle my dress, was there for my decor appt, and so much more. She organized our big day and made sure the family knew where to go and when, ran the rehearsal efficiently and saved the day at 7:30am on our wedding day by finding an officiant because ours backed out! My husband didn't understand why we'd spend money on something like this, but on the wedding day he thanked me multiple times for the decision and said it TOTALLY made sense to him. Hands down the best planning decision that we made! Denise is amazing and she will remain a friend even now that the wedding is past.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Brian · Married on 07/18/2015

At first we were skeptical about the use of a wedding planner. We had already picked our vendors and thought we had everything set to go. My mother suggested meeting with Denise just to see if we thought her services were something we could use. After the first initial consult we realized how much work still needed to be done and selecting vendors was only the first step. Using Denise and Bride's Best Friend was the most important choice we made. From scheduling appointments to creating a detailed schedule of the days events, Denise will keep you sane and organized through the entire process. On our wedding day she took care of everything which allowed us to enjoy the day that we had been planning for over a year. I highly recommend using Denise at Bride's Best Friend, her services are well worth the investment.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Amy · Married on 06/14/2014

I hired Denise for my June Wedding in Cleveland. We hand a limited budget and she did fantastic keeping me in budget and letting me know what was okay to spend money on and where we could cut some cost out.
    Throughout the planning process Denise kept me on track and gave me great vendors to go and visit. I was planning the event from out of town so the weekends I was home she was very good about spending a lot of time with me to work on the wedding.
    The day of Denise was attentive to all my needs and made sure everything went smoothly. I never heard of any hiccups in the day even though I am sure there were some. She took care of everything.
    My husband was very nervous about spending money on a wedding planner when in his mind we did need one and was not sure if we got our money worth at first. I had no doubts from the beginning but it was nice to see after we attended a few wedding my husband would make comments about how smooth our coordinated our wedding was which we can attribute to Denise. After seeing other wedding planners and the way they handle weddings I still believe she is the best. In the end she is well worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Emily · Married on 05/24/2014

My wedding reception was held in my parents backyard a week after my destination wedding. I hired Denise to coordinate and run the event in order to take some of the stress off of my parents (any myself) since I was getting back from my honeymoon right before the reception. Denise was onsite for almost 16 hours the day of the reception and helped with everything from setup and coordinating vendors to making sure there was plenty of food available and all the trash was picked up. Everything went VERY smoothly and my whole family was able to just relax and enjoy the day. The whole experience was wonderful and I'm so thankful for all of her help. Highly recommend!!! :)

Sent on 05/26/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/28/2013

Denise Shaw planned every detail of our wedding flawlessly and her guidance, organization, and professionalism were invaluable throughout the wedding planning process. Her vendor referrals were absolutely superb - the quality and professionalism of each recommended vendor were enough to make Denise worth her weight in gold. Additionally, she managed every detail of the wedding weekend, allowing myself, my fiance and our families to enjoy the day without worry. Denise is undoubtedly one of the most talented, well-connected and professional wedding planners in Northeast Ohio. She was a pleasure to work with and I continue to be grateful for her help and friendship throughout my engagement/wedding!

Sent on 03/31/2014

I was three weeks from my wedding day when I had a panic attack thinking about who is going to lite the tea lights? I litterly googled "day of wedding coordinator", and the second one I clicked was "reduce wedding stress.com" my emailed consisted of pretty much was is described above.

Denise respond quite quickly and we had already made plans to meet that week. She insisted she come closer to me. We met at Starbucks and instantly hit it off. We talked about everything and I felt so comfortable with her. Good energy.
    She began knocking out questions and assisted me on staying on tasks to finalize everything!! Denise is full of wedding resources. Anything I haven't thought about yet, Denise had the suggestions. She accompanied me to my final run though with not only the cater but the dj as well. Above and beyond.

Well the day had come. I never thought I would be sipping champagne and not a care in the world. All thanks to Denise. She previewed the venue, had our limo stocked with sandwiches and beverages. She rushed up to tie my sash before our revival.
    We were enjoying our selfs so much before the wedding that Denise made sure we were on schedule. It was time. She put us in order and told us when to go. And she kept me breathing as I we as about to take my entrance.
    At the reception she continued to amazing me. Again keeping things moving along. Her work ethic and professionalism is above and beyond. She played a critical part in the biggest day of my life and I am so ever grateful to her!
    Jill

Sent on 03/17/2014

I'm happy to admit that Denise was the star of the entire day. I had little-to-no interest in planning a wedding and really didn't have the time to do so. From the first meeting with Denise, I knew everything was going to be just fine. She made arrangements for us to meet potential vendors, touched base with us afterwards (if she didn't attend with us) and helped us make the important decisions. As we got closer and closer to the actual wedding day, she really thought of everything. And I do mean, EVERYTHING. On the day of our wedding, there was no question of what was going to happen, when it was going to happen and who was going to make it happen - it was all spelled out for us and Denise had it under control. Our wedding was a wonderful and remarkably relaxing event and it would not have been possible without Denise. She is professional, attentive and FUN. Even if you DO want to plan your own wedding, consider reaching out to her - no detail is forgotten and you won't find yourself in a panic at the last minute. (With her help - we had everything completed with 2 weeks to spare! We honestly coasted into the wedding week/day and had time for naps on the day of the rehearsal dinner!!) You will not regret working with her!!

Sent on 03/27/2014

Katrinka · Married on 07/13/2013

Denise was a pleasure to work with from planning to the day of the wedding she was incredible. She made sure every detail was taken care of and made the day less stressful for all! I highly recommend Denise for your event planning needs. She is just awesome!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Jeff · Married on 02/23/2013

When we were planning our wedding my wife wanted to use a Wedding Planner to help plan our special day. Being a man I was apprehensive about hiring someone to help as it would be an added expense. Let me say it was the best decision we made. Because of Denise our Wedding was perfect and we never had to worry about anything...especially the day of the event. Denise was incognito the whole time and she just knew when we needed her as she would be right there. Not only do I recommend hiring a a Wedding Planner, I recommend you hiring Denise. You will definitely not be disappointed!

Rikki · Married on 10/27/2012

My wedding day couldn't have been more perfect! Denise was hired as my day-of-coordinator and the execution of the day was flawless. I didn't have to worry about a thing during the day and actually got to enjoy my day. Even though only hired as a day-of-coordinator, Denise helped me weeks in advance, with keeping me on track of deadlines, following up with vendors, meeting with my venue, and bringing up items I hadn't even though of! Denise is also very accommodating to your schedule. As with planning a wedding and having a full time job things can get a little hectic, but Denise was always willing to work around my schedule and was there for me whenever I needed her!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2012

Denise was fabulous to work with. My wedding day was truly the best day of my life!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Larissa · Married on 06/22/2012

Denise is an invaluable asset when planning a wedding. I live in Florida, and had my wedding in Ohio, and I could not have done it without her knowledge of venues and vendors. Denise kept me on track with the timeline during planning, which was great since I was a full-time student.

Once the actual wedding events started happening, Denise knew all the vendors (who loved her!), so making last minute details was easy and comfortable to discuss. Thank goodness we had Denise for the rehearsal, otherwise I think my bridal party would have been all over the place walking down the aisle! Everything was planned out for my bridal party the day of the wedding from times of arrival to various places to what we'd be eating for each meal before the reception. She also came equipped with an emergency toolkit of anything that you might need (sewing needles, hairspray, fake rings, etc). Denise subtly guided all of the goings-on the day of the wedding so that the jobs of my husband and I were to greet guests and enjoy ourselves. Even if you enjoy the event planning aspect of your wedding, believe me when I say you'll not want to be doing any of that the day of the wedding. You're going to have limited time to enjoy your guests and you'll be really thankful having Denise there to keep everything organized for you.

By the end of the festivities, all of my bridal party and some family and other guests could tell how well Denise had done keeping my wedding together and were raving about her. I couldn't recommend Denise highly enough!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Elisa · Married on 05/29/2011

Denise was a great help when I planned my wedding. I live in Cincinnati but grew up in the Cleveland area and wanted to get married up in Cleveland. I was very stressed about planning a wedding long distance so my husband to be suggested that we hire a wedding planner. That was the best decision that we made. She helped us identify the top 3 things that were important for my husband to be and myself so that we could decided where to splurge and where to cut back. It was great when we were interviewing vendors because I would come in to town for a weekend and she would have 3 cake designers and 3 floral designers scheduled and we would spend the day doing interviews. It was so efficient that we got all of the vendors locked in over a year before the wedding. The other thing that was so great about Denise was that on the day of the wedding I had no stress about things going wrong. I found out after that were some issues (like a wedding crasher) but Denise took care of everything without having to stress me out. I got to be a guest at my wedding and enjoy the day. I also still have people coming up to me telling us that was the best wedding that they have been to and it has been two years. We have since kept in touch and now she is planning my two sisters weddings this year (May 2014 and July 2014).

Sent on 03/24/2014

Kathy · Married on 12/03/2010

Denise was great!! We used her full services, which included help with the planning of our daughter's wedding, to making sure the actual day ran smoothly. Her knowledge and expertise of different venues were very helpful to us with our decision making. We felt confident that our daughter's wedding day would be perfect, knowing that Denise was there to make sure all of our wants and needs were met. We actually were relaxed and enjoyed the wedding and reception, while Denise took care of all the details...

Sent on 03/25/2014

Stephanie · Married on 11/26/2010

I don't have enough words to express my gratitude for all Denise did to make my wedding day wonderful. Having lost both parents she became more than a wedding planner. I have been fortunate enough to have Denise in my life for a very long time. It was a blessing to have her amazing skills, and work ethic to make my wedding and reception which was over 300 people, a huge success.

From start to finish, she is organized, punctual, dedicated, and professional truly meeting every expectation you set for her. If you are planning an event, the vendors she proposes are aligned to your needs. She handles everything with grace and kindness, making any event a memorable one.

I have also had the honor to attend many events she has planned. She pulled off a miracle at the Akron Agora, the transformation was magical. The hard work and attention to detail were noted in every aspect and detail of her daughter Erin's wedding there.

If you want a stress free, magical day, a day you can treasure because you enjoyed the moment from start to finish, I highly recommend you make Denise part of your event. She is a Straight A class act! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 04/02/2014

Sue · Married on 08/22/2009

Denise takes the reigns from start to finish to the level you want her to. She works with you and your budget. She is very experienced so all the small details you might not think of, she is prepared for and handles. Her presence at the wedding takes a huge weight off your shoulders and you can sit back and enjoy the day. Denise has experience is planning weddings of all shapes and sizes so she can offer a lot of creative advice. She is also prepared to handle delicate situations i.e. family members who don't get along or surprise guests who show up. She keeps tabs on all the vendors, as well as the Bridal Party,
    to ensure everyone is where they need to be on time,

Absolutely, hands down, we would hire her again in a heartbeat. We still rave about Denise and her wonderful service. On the wedding day we did not have a worry in the world.

Sent on 03/23/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/11/2009

I truly don't know what we would have done without Denise! Since my wedding venue was more of a "do it yourself" project, we needed her to help us see the big picture of what we wanted things to look like and then help us make it happen. I was finishing graduate school and teaching during most of the planning stages, so it was extremely beneficial to have someone so organized and task-oriented when getting things prepared. Additionally, we loved working with Denise because she is so charismatic and friendly. She made the day of a ton of fun, and we loved having her there for our special moment!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Lindsey · Married on 01/17/2009

Denise is truly an amazing person!! She helped my husband and I feel comfortable and stress free on our day! I don't know what we would have done without her! She covered every detail and if something went wrong we had no idea, she made our wedding perfect and special to us! Not only did Denise become bride's best friend, but she has maintained a relationship with us since the wedding!! I highly recommend her for an upcoming wedding!! Thank you Denise, we cherish every moment of that day and you had such a big part of it!
    Lindsey Wilder

Alison · Married on 11/15/2008

As soon as we got engaged we knew who we wanted. We've seen Bride's Best Friends work and the way she makes a special night beautiful and magical! I knew NOTHING about planning a wedding or even know where to start. As soon as we hired Denise she took the lead and made it a breeze! She took all of the hard work out of the planning and gave me amazing ideas. She knew what was popular and she knew how to get things done. I had a vision in my head and she executed it perfectly....better than I could have imagined. And on that day.. She DID IT ALL!! I had not a care in the world, all I had to do was show up and get married and enjoy my friends and family. Denise with Bride's Best Friend thinks of it all and covers everything in great detail. She has become more than my wedding planner through it all..she truly became a friend. Thank you Denise and Bride's Best Friend!!

Sent on 03/22/2014

Nancy · Married on 04/26/2008

Denise is awesome! She planned my daughter's wedding with such care and compassion that she felt like a friend (a very talented friend!). She helped with procuring vendors and attended to every detail making it an absolutely beautiful event. When the day of the wedding came she just took over everything so that we were able to enjoy the day with our daughter, family and friends. She is the BEST!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Meggan · Married on 11/17/2007

Denise,
    Was amazing as a wedding planner. She kept me on track and budget. She had a solution for every problem big or small. As an example a flowers girls dress got destroyed Denise went to store that night and found a replacement. The day of the event she is a seasoned pro it allows you to focus on the day and not the details. She is the best!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Hilary · Married on 10/27/2007

Denise was amazing during the planning of my wedding. She helped me create the wedding of my dreams. The day of the wedding she did everything!! She came completely prepared and even fixed a bridesmaids dress right before we walked down the aisle! I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 04/07/2015