Bridals by D Reviews

67 | Buffalo, NY

67 Reviews for Bridals by D

Bridals by D 1
Bridals by D 2

Great selection of dresses, great prices and great staff. I barely needed any alterations and neither did my maids, which I'm sure is a testament to their honesty and good "measuring." The few alterations I needed were fairly priced. My dress came in on the timeline they advised and looked amazing. Thanks so much!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

I was extremely satisfied with Bridals By D in my search for a dress. They were very professional and the dresses were very elegant and affordable. It was like a quaint NYC boutique inside with a very large selection of dresses.

I worked with Elaine and she was absolutely wonderful. She knew exactly what dresses to show me and you can tell she loves her job and definitely knows what she is doing. I really didn't have much of an idea walking into shops what I really wanted in a dress, but Elaine definitely helped make me make a great decision on what I was looking for. She was AMAZING!!!

I went to a couple of shops before here and the customer service was NOWHERE near what is was at Bridals By D. They also have the best most beautiful dresses you will find. I cant say that about a few other places I went to.

Sent on 03/13/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/05/2012

My dress was beautiful! I had no problems making appointments or getting my alterations done in time.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Stacey · Married on 09/29/2012

I truly enjoyed my experience at Bridals by "D". Sandy did an excellent job listening to my ideas and helped me to create my dream dress by choosing a line that prides itself on being able to make multiple changes to help you design your perfect dress. Sandy's patience and kindness were evident throughout the process. My dress arrived in the timeframe that it was promised and Rosa's alterations were perfect. Overall, a very good experience at Bridals by "D".

Sent on 10/27/2012
  • Lisa Marie

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2012

My sisters, mom and I went into Bridals by D after a disappointing appointment at another bridal salon. It was a Saturday and we did not have an appointment, but they were able to fit us in. We worked with Elaine and she was absolutely wonderful! She asked my budget right away (other places didn't do this, which was pretty annoying) and asked what I was looking for. She picked a dress for me that she said she thought would be great on me, and sure enough it ended up being the one! She was very friendly, patient, and nice to work with. Alterations are one flat cost for everything, which I really liked because I was able to budget for the alterations long before even knowing what all needed to be done. The alterations were done very well - my dress was absolutely beautiful and my bustle stayed up all night with no problems. I received so many compliments on my dress. I would definitely recommend Bridals by D!

Sent on 06/21/2012
  • Corine

Corine · Married on 11/12/2011

This shop was amazing! They found the exact dress that I wanted when I couldn't find it anywhere else. They did a great job with alterations and helping me find the perfect accessories for my dress. I used them for my bridesmaid dresses too. All the women in the shop were amazingly nice and helpful.
    If you live in western New York, you must use this dress shop!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Beth · Married on 08/20/2011

They were wonderful in helping me to determine exactly what I wanted and guiding me through several different dresses without wasting my time. Found my dream dress and it came in without any problems. They were able to fit the dress perfectly and it is a great value that alterations are one flat fee!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/02/2011

Elaine and Rosa are the sweetest and most helpful lladies! Elaine chose the dress I bought, and Rosa customized it exactly as I asked. The service by these ladies is outstanding!!! I loved my dress and veil so much!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Lindsay · Married on 05/21/2011

Let's face it, Buffalo doesn't demand the high prices for a wedding dress that someplace like Kleinfeld's in NYC might, but Bridals by D offered such a range of dresses and prices that if you wanted the most affordable dress in Buffalo, you could find it...but if you wanted the highest end dress in Buffalo, you could also find it.

I would like to mention Betty by name, as she spent the time with me to find my dress and was able to help me visualize what MY dress would look like with the sweetheart neckline built in. There is just something about the way she called me "honey" that made me feel easy about being in their store.

I would also like to mention Rosa, the seamstress, by name to thank her for not letting me make the mistake I thought I wanted to make. One of the things I am most proud of is my backside (something my husband is also fond of!) and I wanted to make sure that it was showcased in my wedding dress. After staring at yourself in the mirror in your wedding dress for more than an hour, you begin to make irrational decisions...so thank you Rosa for helping me make a rational decision that allowed me to actually sit on my wedding day in my dress (I had wanted to make it tighter and she wouldn't let me).

I highly recommend going to Bridals by D for the range of styles and prices. It is a great store to start in, but an ever greater store to finish in.

Sent on 06/02/2011

Stacy · Married on 05/14/2011

Denise (owner) and her staff were very hospitable and helpful. They actually picked my wedding dress out for me based on my style, shape and venue! They were very professional and had a variety of unique dresses to choose from at great prices.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Shannon · Married on 01/29/2011

Allowed me multiple visits before I picked one of the first dresses I tried on there, extremely helpful staff and quick appointment times. Loved it there, best quality dresses that I have seen in Buffalo.

Sent on 02/09/2011

Meghan · Married on 10/02/2010

Choosing a wedding dress is a really special event. Bridals by D recognizes this and has an amazing staff that really spends time with each bride. Sandy was my consultant and she really listened to what I wanted and we found a beautiful dress. My mom and my aunt were impressed with the service and dress selection as well.
    Bridals by D was also very accommodating with my fittings. I had to have surgery, so I need to push the fittings much later than I wanted, but they were very considerate of my needs. I recommend them to every bride I know.

Sent on 04/15/2012

Gina · Married on 07/30/2010

Bridals by D provided my wedding gown and also my veil. From the first time I walked in, they catered to me, and I hadn't even decided I was going to buy my dress there. Sandy helped me pick out my dress and she was wonderful. She spent as much time as I needed with all the dresses I put on. I enjoyed the salon because it wasn't cookie cutter and I felt like I mattered as a bride.

The alterations were a maximum $100. I liked this as I went back 4 times and once I paid my $100 I didn't need to pay anymore. Bridals by D prides itself on the fitting and I can assure you that my dress fit perfectly. I loved it and all the ladies at the salon. Now that the wedding is over, it is sad that it is just sitting on a bed in our house - it is that beautiful and I felt beautiful in it. Give them a shot - they aren't the biggest salon but they have great service and are truly wonderful to deal with.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Tamara · Married on 07/26/2008

Bridals by D was really good to me. I worked with Rosa, and she was wonderful. It was the first place I went to look, and I found the dress after only trying a few on. They have many dresses at many different price levels, and the price for getting the dress altered is worth the work that goes into it. Rosa was great to work with, she loves her job and she was very helpful and honest. She did a great job, I'd definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/09/2008

Kristina · Married on 07/05/2008

They say that when you try on your wedding dress, you just "know" the one for you. This is exactly what happened when I went to Bridals by D. I told them what I wanted, they chose 3 or 4 dresses, and as soon as I put it on, I knew it was for me. They helped me choose the perfect veil, I needed no alterations, and it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2010
  • W

Betsy · Married on 09/17/2005

this shop was amazing! They helped down to the very last detail to make my wedding day perfect. I have recommended them to everyone I know! They were perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2008

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

I was pleased to go to Bridals by D for my wedding gown. Betty helped me try on various gowns and I ended up choosing a Justin Alexander gown. Betty was attentive, kind, and honest, providing the best service out of all the bridal stores I shopped at. I did more research into the gown after putting down the deposit and realized the gown was a few seasons old and I could have paid a lower price, which is why I gave a 4.9. However, I was so pleased with the service that it makes up for it.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Jill · Married on 01/26/2013

I absolutely hated dress shopping until I got to Bridals by "D". Most places were so pushy and didn't really listen to what I did and did not want. I didn't like any dress I tried on.

Bridals by "D" changed everything though! I walked in and they were so easy going and not pushy at all! Elaine really listened to my likes and dislikes and pulled 5 dresses that I really LOVED! I couldn't believe it! She was so pleasant and very helpful. She didn't rush me even though I didn't have an appointment.

I went back there to look for my veil and she found the perfect one to match my dress and my style. I'm so thankful to this shop and to Elaine for such wonderful service :)

Sent on 03/19/2013

Teresa · Married on 05/21/2011

Great to work with. Elaine was always helpful and friendly. Rosa is a miracle worker when it comes to alterations. My dress was gorgeous! I delayed putting my dress order in and had to call a few times to check up its status as my wedding date came close and everyone was always very helpful. I just wished I could have gotten a call back rather than calling repeatedly. Other than that I would definitely recommend Bridals by D.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Aurelian · Married on 01/09/2016

Bridals by D is THE place to get your wedding dress if you are in the Western PA/ Downstate NY area! Don't be fooled by the storefront, the salon is much bigger than it appears from the outside. Denise really knows her stuff and she helped me pick out the most gorgeous possible dress I could have ever dreamed of. She carries a wide variety of price points. The biggest advantage to Bridals by D is that they do your measurements "hollow to hem," which means that they measure from your collar bone down to where you want the hem to fall. This is especially useful for petite brides like myself so that your dress maintains the original structure rather than just chopping off the bottom of the dress. Denise really gave me the personal attention I needed to find the perfect dress! Since I was an out of town bride, Denise worked with me to do both of my fittings in one weekend, which was a huge help! And don't get me started on her selection of veils and tiaras! They're all made in NYC. I had a cathedral length and a blusher and people couldn't stop talking about how beautiful they were after the ceremony! I give this salon five out of five for everything except professionalism because of the seamstress. During my first fitting, it was obvious that the dress needed several alterations (all normal) but the only thing offered to me was taking up the hem and then she tried to finish the appointment. In an already stressful situation, it was a blessing that my very detail-oriented mother was there to point out each place that needed to be adjusted. At the second fitting, everything fit perfectly! The seamstress is incredibly talented and I have no doubts about her ability, but just be aware you will need to be upfront about what changes you will want made.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Tamblyn · Married on 08/29/2015

I started off dress-shopping at David's Bridal, because I liked their prices and huge selection. However, the consultant there didn't listen to me at all, even when I kept trying to tell her things. It was a frustrating experience. A few days later, I went to Bridals by D, and had a wonderful experience. The shop was much smaller, and I they listened to what I was looking for. I fell in love with a dress there and bought it. I also used their tailoring service, which was easy and turned out beautifully. My grandma also bought her dress for my wedding there, and had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Nina · Married on 04/17/2010

Absolutely beautiful. Needed very few alterations, they sized me right. Great selection but very nice.

Sent on 04/23/2010

I had a wonderful experience picking out my dress with Betty's help at Bridals by D. It's a small shop but I felt like I received personal attention and tried on a great selection of dresses within my price range. I came in the first time with my future mother-in-law to narrow down the options, and the second time when my mom was able to come with us, Betty had me try on the 4 "finalists" in the perfect order; the last one I tried on was the clear winner. I docked a star for Value simply because I feel like I spent far too much on the veil, but hindsight is 20/20. Flexibility docked 1/2 star because they don't have early/mid-morning hours on Saturdays, so I was unable to show one of my bridesmaids and oldest friend the dress in person when she was in town for 24 hours. Otherwise, all good things. I go in for my first fitting in March 2014, for my late May 2014 wedding.

Sent on 02/24/2014

Alexandra · Married on 12/08/2018

The only Demetrios shop in Buffalo!

When I discovered that Bridals by D carried Demetrios dresses, I knew that I wouldn't walk into any other bridal salon! Denise, Sandy and the rest of the team were all very sweet and helpful throughout the entire process. They were willing to accomodate my crazy travel schedule by opening early for me and seeing me and my girls numerous times. She carries the best dresses in WNY and I would recommend her to anyone looking for their dream dress!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Valerie · Married on 05/30/2015

Found the perfect dress at Bridals by D made all the better by the service and work they put in to make the dress fit just right. Had all the tailoring done in house and they fit, cut off the train, and added straps all to my specifications that really made the dress my own. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/19/2015