BridalGal Reviews

93 | New York, NY

93 Reviews for BridalGal

Shanna · Married on 03/25/2017

I simply cannot say enough good things about my experience with Lily, THE "Bridal Gal"... I am SO incredibly grateful to have found her. I specifically contacted her after researching experienced makeup artists capable of airbrush coverage on the body (which is not very easy to find). I have scarring on my arms and chest that I normally do not expose on the daily but being a bridesmaid in my close friends wedding, I had no choice in the matter, plus I didn't want to hide behind a bolero/shawl anymore. As soon as I contacted Lily, she was informative, professional and willing to help make this situation easier for me! She never once judged, instead was dedicated to her craft and wanted me to truly feel my best! We had a trial run and from there we scheduled for the actual event. Lily was flexible and made sure we could have the airbrush coverage done the day of. I am still completely shocked at how much of a difference and improvement her work made. As we discussed prior to the event, the coverage stayed put the entire night of sweaty dancing (it's waterproof)! Because of her, I was able to expose my arms for he first time in years. I look back on photos that are now being shared by the bride and feel so much relief that I wasn't the one bridesmaid hiding behind a shawl but actually embracing myself... not only did Lily transform the appearance of my skin on my upper body, she gave me the most Glam wedding face makeup. She executed what I hoped for and I received endless compliments the entire night. Feeling comfortable in your own skin can be hard but Lily made me feel wonderful. Bridal Gal is destined for continued success!!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Shanna; I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your friend's wedding with no thought other than sharing with her the most happy day in her life. I saw the pain in your eyes about how you felt about your scars and I can honestly relate. I think we all have something we are not comfortable with or do not like about ourselves. You are a beautiful, very attractive and caring woman. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the day and feel and look beautiful. Your kind words touch me. Thank you allowing me the opportunity to share my passion and provide a little bit of happiness. You inspire me and make my work a lot more rewarding. If you are ever in need again, i would be more than happy to be there for you. Lilly

Emily · Married on 03/25/2017

Lilly did makeup for my mom, my sister and me on my wedding day. My cousins had used her previously for their weddings and recommended her. Lilly did an amazing job, we loved our makeup. The trial went great before we booked, I also met up with her prior to the wedding for her to shape my eyebrows and match my haircolor to the extensions at her office space. Lilly was always very flexible and accommodating and I appreciate how they come to you for the trial and on the wedding day. Karen did our hair and I was thrilled with my hair as well. Both my make up and hair lasted all night and the pictures came out great. I especially loved my eyelashes, she did individual lashes since we had enough time. I would definitely recommend. Thank you Lilly & Karen!

Sent on 04/24/2017

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Emily: Thank you so much for your kind words. Our clients and brides are our most precious and we try to do all we can to ensure you have an amazing beautiful day. I am so thrilled you loved your makeup and hair as well as your lovely fun family. We had a great time sharing with you your amazing day. Thank you for allowing us the honor to be your beauty team on such a happy day! Best wishes. Lilly Rivera, BRIDALGAL.

I booked Lily and Bridalgal Karen for my make up and hair and drapery services for my indian wedding! They were amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I've never felt so beautiful and confident before as I did on y wedding day thanks to them! Lily met met me at 5:45 am at my venue and stayed until my reception began at 8:00Pm! They were mindful of every strand of hair, smear of lipstick throughout the day and during our couples photoshoot! I looked flawless every second of the day! They joked with me, understood my comfort level and made me relaxed throughout the day! The way Karen pinned my heavy veil was amazing - despite a 2 hour ceremony nothing went amiss. Lily is the best! She works with passion and dedication and pays attention to every single little detail with make up! I have combination skin and she made me look flawless! The best !!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Wonderful Bride: Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a the heart felt review. It is our passion to ensure the happiness of our clients and make sure we do all we can to make your wedding day more beautiful. When you are happy we are too. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of your glorious day. Warmest regards, Lilly Rivera, BridalGal

Parin · Married on 08/20/2016

Lily is absolutely amazing! From the first phone call with her - she made me feel at ease and asked me about how I see myself as a bride and made sure that I was happy. She came to be with bridalgal Karen for hair to my home for a trial - I didn't have to do anything just be at home and made me look amazing and beautiful during the trial and on my wedding day! On my wedding day - our day started at 5am and from that moment till the end of the night - she was with me every step of way. My make up and hair were flawless and I mean flawless!!! Even during our first look - if a hair was out of place or needed more mistake or something smeared, it was fixed within seconds and I mean seconds! I cannot tell you how many amazing it was to work with Lily Rivera! She is absolutely the best. She is patient and very detail oriented and will take her time and make sure to get the look that you had imagined flawlessly!!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Parin: I am so sorry for this late response to your amazing review, I mean very sorry. I had been out of Wedding Wire for a while and I just got back an noticed your review. I am so touched by your kind words. Thank you. Our clients and brides are of outmost importance. After all you chose us to be part of your amazing day! And we want you to feel absolutely happy with one of the most fun parts of your wedding day. PAMPERING and your bridal look. Feeling happy and beautiful! I am so glad. We had an amazing time with you and remember every detail. Wishing you all the happiness and love. Lilly Rivera BRIDALGAL
  • Bhavana

Bhavana · Married on 08/15/2016

SUCH a wonderful experience! I had my wedding over a two day span and the first day required Lilly to come there by 4am. She was there on time and I was late getting up! Despite that she didn't get upset or get rude - she was just fun and funny and kept me calmo N the most important day of my life! Day 2 involved having to be changed from one hotel to another and she thought on her feet without even a hiccup! I feel terrible for being so disorganized but never once did Lilly act unprofessionally! I posted on fb saying - if I could go back and do my wedding again, I would do it if only to work w Lilly again! What a lovely sweet woman! A pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/09/2016

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Bhavana: Thank you for taking the time to write this warm and heartfelt review. I am so happy that I was able to be part of "lets make this happen not matter what team" because your wonderful friends and family helped to make sure all went well and we worked as a team! I am so thrilled you are happy and loved your looks. It is very important to me that our lovely brides are happy and that everything is perfect for you. It was my pleasure and thank you for having me be part of your beautiful wedding! Please keep in touch! My instagram page: bridalgal_lilly All my best, Lilly www.bridalgal.com

Nirupama · Married on 08/13/2016

It was a pleasure to work with Lilly, she was professional and willing to work with me on a very tight timeline. She is clearly a pro. She did a perfect job of my makeup so that it still looked flawless during a very, very hot day. She worked on my entire family and everything came out stunning.

Sent on 08/29/2016

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Nirupama: Thank you for your lovely testimonial. What a great event. We got a couple of your gorgeous pictures. I have one of you showing your beautiful face (a close up) stunning. I am so happy you loved your looks. It is very important to me that you are happy and feel and look beautiful as you certainly did. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your beautiful wedding. All our best, Lilly Rivera, www.brialgal.com

Puja · Married on 07/02/2016

Lily at Bridalgal is the absolute best for makeup! She is very professional and can cater to a variety of different brides. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my face!

Lilly did a beautiful job on makeup for my daughter's wedding. The bridal party was a diverse group of young women, from natural blondes to African Americans, and Lilly created besutiful results with everyone. She was punctual, patient, and pleasant. Because of photos etc we were under time pressure, and Lilly made a lovely group of girls look even more polished and elegant. She clearly knows her craft. We have returned to her for other events since the wedding and continue to be very happy. Lilly is experienced and professional.

michelle · Married on 06/28/2015

I came to Lilly desperate to get a birthmark on my shoulder covered for a wedding I was in. The birthmark is raised and about the size of a baseball cut in half. I had been to dermatologists, used dermablend and microskin and nothing compares to the coverage Lilly was able to provide. This woman is a TRUE ARTIST. Friends and family of mine could not believe how amazing my arm looked. I am so thankful to Lilly for increasing my self-esteem and confidence wearing my bridesmaid dress, knowing that people would not be staring at my birthmark. I have another wedding this November and will be going to Lilly again!!! She is amazing!

Shweta · Married on 06/20/2015

Lilly and her team are a dream come true! From the moment my mom and I went in for our hair and makeup trial, we knew we were in good hands! Like almost every other wedding, our wedding day was chaotic. However, Lilly and her team remained calm and relaxed and passed that positive energy on to me, my mom, mother in law, and sister in laws. Lily created the most natural, but radiant wedding look for me. For the reception, I wanted a ultra high glam look and Lilly delivered exactly that!! I truly felt so beautiful and received so many compliments! I still continue to receive many complaints on both my wedding and reception looks. Lena did an exceptional job on my hair - like we had discussed we did more of a traditional up-Do for the indian ceremony and a sleeked sexy hair do for the reception. Lilly and her team are great at listening to what exactly I wanted and made several great suggestions along the way. I can't wait to use bridalgals for my future events!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

BridalGal's reply:

It was such an honor to be part if this beautiful wedding. Thank you for having us share in this most wonderful time in your life. We loved working with you and your loving family. Hope that you keep in touch. And thank you soon much for all the referals. Your friends will be well taken care of. Wishing you all the very best and see you again soon.

Giselle · Married on 03/06/2015

My first meeting with LIlly was for a consultation at her New York Studio we talked about what I was looking for and she made me look beautiful I was so impress.I could not believe the transformation, I looked flawlessly natural yet my eyes where dramatic and smokey which is the look I was after and so hard to achieve, believe me I had tried other makeup artist and none could get the look I wanted. Lilly got the look immediately she knew what I wanted and achieve it beautifull. I hired Lilly on the spot to do the makeup for me and my wedding party.We needed a few makeup artist since we had a large party. LIlly and her team coordinated all the makeup for the event and everyone was so happy with how they looked. She made it easy for me to relax and enjoy the day without worrying. She is a true professional and a master of her skills.

• Y

Yael · Married on 11/28/2014

Lilly was amazing. Sweet and flexible and a real pro. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/19/2015

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Jael: It was such a pleasure working with you. I am honored that you chose BridalGal to be your beauty expert and that you came all the way from far to have me do your makeup and hair. I had a wonderful time working with you and seeing the happy look on your face after the makeup and hair was done. A very classic and fresh look suited you extremely well. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this testimonial. Best wishes to you and your husband. Lilly

Even though I did the trial twice, I was honestly extremely worried that on my wedding day someone would notice my tattoo coverup. My husbands family is very traditional and I can truly say they could have fainted if they saw my tattoo at the wedding. I mean you have 200 hundred plus guests looking at your back during the ceremony. I was searching all products, services and I was even debating on making a strap on my beautiful sweetheart dress from Kleinfelds by Henry and Michelle Roth .
    Lucky for me I found bridal gal. Amazingly Lillian went above and beyond on the day of my wedding. Not only was my entire tattoo completely covered but also my skin looked flawless. My bridesmaids who doesn't even have tattoos wanted to use this service for their special day just because they said My skin looks like Barbie's skin. Seeing the results that morning, I was able to walk down the aisle with confidence and no worries at all. The waterproof airbrush makeup didn't come off the whole night Which made me feel like I could fly!!!! I love bridal gal for saving me!!!!!! Girls gotta hide her secrets somehow :))

Sent on 11/23/2014

BridalGal's reply:

Hi: I am so happy you were so pleased....That tattoo was totally gone...And you went under cover, literally :-) Thank you so much for writing this lovely testimonial. It is very rewarding for me to hear that our brides are happy with their service. All my best, Lilly Rivera http://bridalgal.com

Christina · Married on 10/17/2014

Lilly was great. Every person in my bridal party absolutely loved her work. At our trial she was great, we tried a few different things and she was made me feel really comfortable. We had a lot of fun! The day of the wedding there were two things I was really worried about - hiding the dark circles under my eyes and my shiny oily skin. Lilly took care of both better than ANY makeup artist I have ever had. My skin looked perfect!! And it lasted all day and night. Lilly is so great and so talented!!! Thank youuuuuuuuu Lilly <3

PICK LILLY!!!!!

Sent on 01/24/2015

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Christina: Thank you for this lovely review. I am very touched. I am so glad you loved your look and gave me the opportunity to do your makeup. You looked stunning and the pictures say it all!!!!

Thank you for posting. We wish you all the best and happiness you deserve.

Warm Regards, Lilly Rivera http://bridalgal.com

ani · Married on 09/28/2014

Choose bridalgirl! You will be so happy with the outcome and you'll get exactly what you want!

Lilly gives you exactly what you want and with her professional input you get amazing make up results! Lily guides and says what works best with the dress and the hair and together you feel like a true princess. I certainly did!

Lilly is completely flexible and so was Karen who did my hair. Lilly was able to fit me in the day after my wedding for my engagement shoot. She's really accommodating and so easy to get along with.

As a bride you have plenty of things going off, and being very nervous Lily will make sure you enjoy the process and stop you worrying.

I couldn't have asked for a better make-up artist and Karen. This process throughout was absolutely amazing and brilliant. It was the best money well spent. Lilly’s prices are very reasonable compared to others. You are the number one client in Lilly’s eyes. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Bridalgirl you are amazing!!

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2014

Lilly did a FABULOUS job on my makeup for my engagement shoot! Not only is she extremely talented, but she goes above and beyond for her clients. She prepared my skin with the proper facial treatments leading up to the wedding, so my skin would be "picture perfect" :) The day of the shoot, she graciously accommodated my time frame given the busy wedding planning craziness, and I could not have been more pleased with my makeup! Lilly has a true professional eye for creating a look that will photograph well, and that's just what happened. I would HIGHLY recommend her for any photo bound bride!

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2014

Lilly gave me that perfect look for my engagement photo shoot! She understands that wedding time can be stressful, and she went above and beyond to put me at ease by doing my make up at my apartment in Hoboken, NJ, close to where we were shooting. Lilly also understands how to apply make up that will be captured on film. She did a FANTASTIC job! I could not have been more pleased with how my engagement photos turned out, and so much credit goes to this make up professional. Thank you so much Lilly!!

Nidhi · Married on 07/04/2014

Lily and Lena not only made me look and feel beautiful for my wedding but also kept me calm and relaxed as can be.

They were great! I highly recommend BridalGal!

Reshma · Married on 06/14/2014

The best decision I made when planning my wedding was having Lilly and Petra from BridalGal as my makeup and hair artists. After my initial consultation I knew immediately that having the calming nature of Lilly and Petra with me on my wedding day would be an absolute must. I have never looked so beautiful in my life as I did at all three of my different wedding events. My hair and make up was flawless and because of their fantastic work my pictures also came out beautifully. Lilly knows exactly what color palette and style suits your skin and your outfit and Petra was able to manipulate my long frizzy hair to look fabulous and most importantly stay in place. They did not hesitate to wake up at 3am to start getting me ready and were always ready to go for the next round. My mom, my bridesmaid and I thank you very much for everything. You two were beyond amazing and I wish I could have you both get me ready everyday! Thank you thank you thank you!

Monique · Married on 05/31/2014

Lilly did a great job on myself, my mom, and my mother-in-law for my wedding. I knew from my trial that we would be very happy with our glamorous wedding looks. Lilly came to the hotel at 5:30am and was able to make us look like we were well-rested. She is very professional but makes you feel so comfortable like a friend is doing your makeup (only better).

Sent on 06/10/2014

BridalGal's reply:

Hi Monique! THANK YOU, for such a lovely review. It was such a pleasure waking you GALS up. The laughter and the gorgeous smiles on your and your Mom and Mom in Law's face after getting ready was SO PRiCELESS!!!!! Thank you for allowing me to share in this wonderful time in your life. I am very much looking forward to seeing the professional photos. Please do share! All my best to you and your lovely family.

Debbie · Married on 05/30/2014

Thanks Lilly for making me look and feel beautiful on my Big Day!

Sent on 06/15/2014

BridalGal's reply:

Thank you Debbie it was such a pleasure working with you and with your family. What a great
    Experience. It was all my pleasure. I'm am so glad you loved your look. Happy for ever after :). All my best Lilly

Annie · Married on 05/25/2014

Lilly and team were amazing! My sister and I were so pleased with their attitude, attentiveness and expertise in hair and makeup. We felt like superstars that day. My sister couldn't be more happy in regard to how she felt and looked. Mom looked great as well and all she received were great compliments. Bridalgal is also AMAZING for facials, my skin looks great ever since I've been going to Lilly.

Sent on 06/03/2014

BridalGal's reply:

Thank you Annie! You and your family were such a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for your kind hospitality and love. I can't wait to see professional photos of you all!!!!!

Love and hugs, Lilly & Lena

She was great and so much fun to work with. She did an amazing job on myself and my entire bridal party. She was also accommodating when a bunch of additional family members wanted to add services at the last minute

Sent on 12/02/2013

BridalGal's reply:

Hi:Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure getting you all ready and dolled up. The girls were lovely, lively and loving. Great fun and wonderful energy. You all looked amazing as you can see from the photos taken.

I hope we can keep in touch for any future beauty needs and I would love to see pics. Everything looked AMAZING! Gorgeous wedding.
    With warm regards, Lilly Rivera, Pro Airbrush Makeup Artist, owner

Kruti · Married on 11/29/2013

BridalGal did an amazing job on my mom, sister-in-law and me for all 3 of my wedding events, they made me look breathtaking!

Sent on 12/05/2013

BridalGal's reply:

Dear Kruti:Thank you for taking the time to review our services
    I just wanted to clarify your star rating so I know if we missed the mark.

Value: We gave you the lowest possible rate due to your restricted budget and the quality and number of hours and services you requested. Did you not find that the low rate we provided was valuable?
    In addition, you added more hours to our already booked timing as per the contract (after the fact) and we did not increase the fee as well as were flexible to be there 3 hrs earlier than what was agreed also not adding to the cost. Was the value not satisfactory for the quality, number of services and added extra hours?

As to the low star rating on Flexibility:
    You requested we do an extra day after the agreement and contract was done, that day happened to be Thanksgiving and we had personal family commitments on that day. The hair stylist and myself changed our schedule around to accommodate yours. We all agreed if we could leave by 4:pm we would be able to accommodate your schedule. I also stayed past the 4:00pm mark and extra 1 hr and 30 minutes, to make sure you were all set and your lovely mom felt well taken care of. Therefore, I am also unsure of the low rating on flexibility.

Professionalism: We treat all of our clients with the utmost respect and customer service. If we did not provide that to you, please accept our apologies and let us know where we did not meet your expectations.

Your input is of great value to us to make improvements and meet and or exceed expectations. If we did not deliver such based on your view of developments, please accept our apologies. With kind and warm regards, Lilly Rivera,Owner, Pro Airbrush Makeup Artist, BridalGal