Bridal Mansion of Lisle Reviews

41 | Lisle, IL

41 Reviews for Bridal Mansion of Lisle

I had a great experience buying my wedding dress at Bridal Mansion. I was hesitant to go because I had seen some bad reviews online about the service and dresses not coming in on time - what I did not know is that those bad reviews were for the previous owners of the store. The current owners, Egle and her daughter Meg are wonderful! I actually found my dress at another store but ordered it through Bridal Mansion because it was closer to me and also $250 cheaper!!! They never have "blowout sales" because they always sell things at the lowest price anyway. My dress needed a lot of alterations and Egle did a fantastic job. These ladies were great to work with, everything was done right with plenty of time before the wedding. I also got my veil, jewelry, and 6 bridesmaid dresses from the store. Great place!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Migle · Married on 10/01/2012

Hello everyone, this is on behalf of Bridal Mansion of Lisle. We have read the reviews and complaints and sincerely apologize to everyone who has had a bad experience with our company in the past. We have recently come under new ownership and have been tying up loose ends and taking care of preexisting problems and issues. We are pleased to announce that all problems have been taken care of, with retraining of employees, a close watch of all pre existing orders and new ones, and elevated customer satisfaction. We ask you to not let previous mistakes that were not in our new owners control to sway your decision of coming in to see us, we are more than happy and willing to help you with any of your needs, if you give us another chance. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    The Owner and Staff of Bridal Mansion of Lisle

Sent on 10/04/2012
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 09/29/2012

I bought and altered my wedding gown here. The gowns are reasonably priced and they have a good range for being a small shop. They changed ownership before my alterations, but the transition at least appeared smooth because everything went without a hitch for me. The price of alterations seemed a little high (I didn't need much done, just hem and slightly taken in around the top of the bust), but since then Ive heard of higher priced alterations elsewhere, so Id say they are probably fair.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2012

I am so happy I decided to check out what they had to offer. My dress was beautiful :)

Sent on 05/02/2012

veronica · Married on 08/22/2010

prompt, inexpensive, beautiful

Sent on 08/25/2010

Mary Ann · Married on 11/10/2009

I have to say, first, is that I am the mother of the bride. We are at the very beginning stages of wedding planning and as far as the Bridal Mansion goes, I was highly impressed. I first called for a specific dress and they assisted me over the phone with the nicest associate. (No holding or voicemails) Then on Tuesday of this week we had our appointment. My daughter, was nervous, and our bridal consultant Margie was fantastic. Whe was knowledgeable, helpful, and made us feel at home. She immediately knew what my daughter was looking for and after about 5 dresses she found the most beautiful dress. I would love to thank Margie and the bridal mansion for making this experience for us exactly what we dreamed of. We are going to order the bridemaids gowns there as well, by doing so we were offered the bridal gown at a discount. The variety at this boutique is extensive for the bride as well as the as for the bridemaids. The consultant offered a wide variety of options and knowledge to assist us in our journey!! I thank them with all my heart and look forward to working with them in the future, especially Margie!! Mary Ann

Sent on 11/12/2009

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2009

I found the dress of my dreams in less than an hour. I only tried on 7 dresses before finding the one for me - and for a LOT less than we were planning on spending. I can't even tell you how many compliments I got on the day of my wedding because of the dress! I am so happy we chose the Bridal Mansion!

Sent on 10/28/2009

Meghann · Married on 07/07/2007

the bridal mansion is wonderful! From my first appointment, to the final fitting, I always felt that my time there was important. They are an appointment only place, so I had a consultant with me in the fitting room, helping me get dressed so that my mother could relax and get a great first impression of each dress. Nancy listened to all of my likes and dislikes and helped pick out dresses that fit that description. In addition to purchasing my bridal gown, I also purchased the bridesmaid dresses here. 3 of my 4 bridesmaids were able to purchase their gowns, and the bridal mansion was very flexible in allowing me to pre-pick tops (I had two piece dresses and each girl picked her own top), and only show the girls those tops. (My maid of honor lives in SC so she got her dress at a shop there that handled the same line). They even did all the alterations CHEAPLY! ($200 for the bridal gown, less that $100 for most of the dresses.) It was an overall fantastic experience! The price below is for my dress and alterations and 3 bridesmaid dresses and alterations.

Sent on 11/07/2007

Madie · Married on 03/19/2010

After a bit of searching, we found the right dress for the right price.I also appreciated that the store was so well kept and orderly. Sometimes bridal stores can feel a little cramped! Also, all the display dresses were in great shape.

Sent on 05/11/2010

kristen · Married on 02/27/2009

I found my dress in less than an hour at the Bridal Mansion in Lisle, it was my dream dress, it cost right around what I wanted to spend and I bought it off the rack and their alterations lady altered it in less than a week. It was great! :)

Sent on 06/08/2009

Marilyn · Married on 02/12/2010

Sent on 05/03/2010

Julie · Married on 08/14/2009

This is the perfect bridal shop. I found the dress of my dreams here and the prices are outstanding. I had a $5,000 dollar dress budget and ended up spending $1000! And again, this for the dress of my dreams. I went all around Chicago and the suburbs and this was the place. The women here really know their stuff.

Sent on 01/27/2010

Joyce · Married on 05/10/2008

Bridal Mansion has a GREAT selection of dresses for a great price...including designer bridal gowns you can't find at Davids or House of Brides! The staff is great. We had an issue with one of the bridesmaids dresses, and they worked it out for us no problem! highly recommended! They just dont have great hours as some other places.

Sent on 06/30/2008
  • Toni

Toni · Married on 05/18/2013

Loved my wedding dress and so did all my guests. Got a ton of compliments!

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2010

Bridal Manson was great! I happened to be walking near the shop with my mom and we just wanted to go in and look and make an appt for another day. When we walked in the lady said she had some time in between appts and would let me try some stuff on. She listened to what I wanted and nailed it on the first dress! The staff was always wonderful and nice. The only mishap I had was when my veil was supposed to come in (which are made by a contracted vendor) it was not ready. I was picking it up for my hair trial and instead of just saying sorry they actually let me borrow the veil from the store to take for my hair trial. They were more than accommodating and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/28/2010

Cathy · Married on 09/19/2010

3.5

I shopped a few places for my wedding dress. The service received from Margie and Jane at the Bridal Mansion (& Ruth my seamstress) was top notch! The quality of dresses was wonderful, the selection of dresses was not overwhelming yet enough to pick from and the prices were very competitive.

Margie listened to me and what I liked/didn't like about different dresses. She pulled certain styles I wanted to try and then found other dresses she thought I'd like based on my reactions/comments.

I was shopping with my parents, teenage daughter and maid of honor - Margie and Jane listened and attended to each of them.

I did call once, left a message a message and didin't hear back. It wasn't anything urgent - a more timely call back would have been appreciated. That's my only negative!

I also bought my veil from Bridal Mansioni and when I went for my final dress fitting, I hated my veil. It was pretty, but just not me. Margie worked with me and really wanted me to be able to wear a veil I liked. We discussed the look I thought might fit my personality better and she had a new veil for me that was just perfect the day I picked up my dress.

I appreiciated the professional opinions Margie had - I certainly didn't look great in everything and she was tactfully honest about that - I like that. I don't need to hear "you look beautiful" in everything - that's way too pushy salesperson for me.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Marie · Married on 01/07/2010

Very professional and great sales !They have beautiful dresses there... After going to several places, I found my dress there, and it was not hard to fall in love with it... Really nice place to pick your dress and very friendly people...

Sent on 04/22/2010

Sara · Married on 07/03/2010

3.5

I was waited on immediately as a walk in customer and they had a very nice selection of beautiful, affordable gowns.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Liza · Married on 12/30/2007

They have a wonderful selection with many unique dress that cannot be found elsewhere. They also have a nice selection of bridesmaids dresses. And they are flexible with arranging fittings and anything else that you need.

Sent on 02/27/2008

Carly · Married on 10/23/2010

4.2
      3.5

I had a mostly positive experience there. At my first fitting, I felt pretty rushed - I had the last appointment of the day, and I understand that they wanted to close, but I had to wait 15 minutes past my appointment time to be helped, so I felt that I should be allowed 15 extra minutes at the end.
    They have a pretty good dress selection – enough to have choices, but not too many to be overwhelmed. I LOVED my dress! And their prices are pretty good.
    My delivery date kept getting pushed back – which I understand is not entirely their fault, but frustrating nonetheless.
    When I got the dress, there was a tiny snag which couldn’t be fixed and the dress was too small and too short. Fortunately, their alterations lady (Ruth) was amazing, and made the dress perfect – if it wasn’t for Ruth, I would have been really upset.
    Overall, I would recommend them, but don't expect perfection.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Jenna · Married on 07/29/2007

4.2
      3.0

The shop is a bit crowded, and the sales people are a bit pushy, but in the end they found the perfect gown for me and were very accomodating. Excellent price for the services, and they threw in the veil for free! The alterations seamstress they recommended also did a great job.

Sent on 07/23/2008
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 07/23/2010

3.0

I loved my dress I purchased. I wasn't impressed by the sales team but the dress selection was great and affordable and the seamstress was excellent.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Sara · Married on 09/20/2008

3.5

Everyone at the Bridal Mansion was so friendly and helpful. I came back on my third visit expecting to decide on one dress I had tried on at a previous appointment when Sharon told me she had a new dress that had just come in that day she wanted me to try on. That was the dress. It was so beautiful and so perfect for me. The staff was also very accomodating with my bridesmaids and my mother. It was also very nice that they recommended two wonderful seamstresses who would meet with us at the store for alterations. I highly recommend the Bridal Mansion. The store may not be huge, but the service is totally worth it! And let me tell you, they definetly have a wonderful selection packed into that store!

Sent on 10/19/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/14/2012

2.0
      3.0

The first dressed I ordered from this place came back wrong. Allure just did not create the same dress. It was a nightmare but Bridal Mansion let me pick out another dress and do an exchange. There was even money left over that they let me keep to purchase more items from the store. (They could have just done an even exchange no matter what)
    They didn't always return my call in a timely fashion and sometimes were not on time for appointments but Jen, the sales girl was AMAZING!!!

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • Z

Jill · Married on 03/29/2008

3.0

A great shop with excellent personal service. Margie was my saleswoman, and was fantastic. I didn't know what I was looking for when I came in - I just knew a couple of styles that I definitely DIDN'T want. Margie let me peruse the hundreds of dresses at my leisure and pull whatever I wanted off the racks. After two dresses we had found THE ONE, but they had to have it special-ordered. I debated and considered and reconsidered for several weeks, coming back several times to try on the dress before ordering it. The entire staff was always patient and very kind. Price wasn't the lowest on the market, but they did negotiate a bit when I mentioned that the sticker price was out of my budget, and we were able to agree on a price within my range. Alterations were quick and easy - Ruth is extremely skilled at sewing, and created the most beautiful over-bustle for me. Alterations are $$, but they are worth it; fast and accurate. The dress fit like a glove and looked beautiful.

Sent on 04/18/2008