Bridal Elegance Reviews

110 Reviews for Bridal Elegance

1 User photo

Bridal Elegance 1

Kayla Carlton · Getting married on 06/22/2019

Amazing selection with amazing staff!

Bridal Elegance not only has a beautiful selection but the staff is so helpful and caring! I instantly felt like they had my best interest in mind and were genuinely excited to help me find a bridal gown (and bridesmaids dresses for my girls) that fit my vision and would make everyone feel beautiful! We specifically worked with Wendy who was AMAZING and was extremely willing to answer questions and help us find what we were looking for. I would definitely recommend them for help on your special day!

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2018

I found my bridesmaid dresses at this bouquet for my wedding! Everyone was very friendly and helpful and they have an excellent selection of dresses! Bridesmaids only had to pay half when ordering and the other half when the dresses came in. Hey have the option to ship dresses for those out of town and also did alterations in their boutique for my matron of honor.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Bridal Elegance 2

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Kayla, thank you so much for your 5 star rating. There is no greater compliment than a positive review! We are honored that you picked us to be part of your special day! Congratulations on your Wedding and we can't wait to see pictures -Cassandra and The Bridal Elegance Team
  • Mrs.Henderson2b

Sharon · Married on 06/16/2018

When I say I had THE best experience with Bridal Elegance I mean it! They are the most professional and courteous people. My Consultant Amanda was knowledgeable and oh so nice and wasn’t pushy. Mary, the owner, was an absolute doll! I bought my dress off the rack and ordered my bridesmaids dresses through them as well. A wonderful experience! I am highly recommending them. They will take good care of you!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Sharon, thank you so much for your 5 star rating. There is no greater compliment than a positive review! We are honored that you picked us to be part of your special day! The new owner, Kristi Williams will continue to provide the same great experience to every bride at Bridal Elegance. Congratulations on your Wedding and we can't wait to see pictures

Audrey · Married on 05/19/2018

I had the best experience with Bridal Elegance! I was able to get an appointment last minute, I stayed within my budget and found my dream dress! Mary was patient, helpful, knowledgeable and all around wonderful to work with. I showed her a few pictures of dresses I liked then we went through a few racks together picking some possibilities and she grabbed a few more for me as well. I loved almost EVERY dress I tried on. They were great quality, beautiful and within budget! The dress I fell in love with was a little too low cut and Mary even sewed a bit more lace on free of charge. The store had the dresses organized by style (super helpful if you know what you're looking for), the dressing room had a fan (which felt amazing as you get pretty warm trying on a lot of wedding dresses) and all the staff was very nice and professional. I would definitely recommend Bridal Elegance, it made the process of finding a wedding dress fun and stress free.

Jaime · Married on 04/28/2018

The ladies at Bridal Elegance were fantastic! I purchased my dress at a shop in DC that did not offer alterations. Fortunately, Bridal Elegance was recommended to me and I visited to have my dress shortened, bustle and sash sewn on, straps shortened and and several other minor things. The dress fit like a glove once Mary was done with it! She was so helpful and patient in showing my mom how to bustle the dress as well. We were so happy with the service and quality of work that my mom ended up taking her MOB dress to Bridal Elegance for alterations also! They were so kind and professional and I really felt at ease leaving my dress in their hands. Fabulous experience with the ladies at Bridal Elegance!

• Alexa

Alexa · Married on 04/08/2018

I can't help but express my happiness about the experience at Bridal Elegance!!! My consultant was extremely knowledgeable and knew exactly how to complete the look for me to get a snapshot of how I would look on my wedding day! There was a good range of price points including sample sales and discounted/discontinued dresses available. I ended up finding THE ONE at a price under my budget! They even let me come back a few hours later to try the dress back on to show my sister! Highly, highly recommend!

Ashley · Married on 01/13/2018

I grew up in Virginia but have since moved away years ago and am currently living abroad, so I knew my wedding dress shopping experience would be tricky. During my trips home to see my family, they were spent with strict timelines littered with wedding dress appointments. I must have tried on 100 dresses and I finally felt like giving up because I was convinced my dream dress didn't exist. Bridal Elegance turned things around for me. I think i only tried on 2 or 3 dresses when I found THE one. Lightweight and easy just like my personality, and within my price range. The tricky part was the fitting since I was head back abroad in a week. Somehow, after the dress came in Mary pulled some strings and I went in for a fitting on a Wednesday and the alterations were complete by Sunday (two days before I was scheduled to depart the U.S.). When she told me she would make this happen, I have to be honest, I really didn't believe her. I thought perhaps she was just being nice, but she is good on her word and she delivered. I'm not getting married until January but it feels amazing knowing that my dress fits exactly the way I want it to and it's all thanks to Mary and her team for making it happen. On a personal note, both Bridal Elegance stylists and Mary are great people with an awesome sense of humor. I feel bad I can't remember the stylist who helped me but I remember she wasn't one of those sappy wedding dress stylists. She was straightforward and if I didn't like something she was supportive and helpful in terms of finding the dress that I was looking for. Other shops I went to were a bit more pushy and weren't really listening to me or my budget needs. I also appreciated Mary's hardworking spirit to coordinate my alterations in record time. Now my biggest challenge is not gaining or losing too much weight between now and the wedding date ;)

Anne · Married on 10/29/2017

My daughter and I had a wonderful experience at Bridal Elegance, and I truly can't say enough about it! The store is lovely, spacious and comfortable. Mary and the staff are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and kind. They offered suggestions about details which would never have occurred to us but which made a huge impact. Throughout our visit, they put us at ease, helped us have fun, and left us confident that the gowns will be perfect!

Molly · Married on 10/14/2017

The wedding is over, and my dress is now hanging; however, the memories are still vivid. On my husband and I’s special day, I felt like a princess….like the belle of the ball….and much thanks goes to Mary, Trinh and the lovely ladies at Bridal Elegance. The entire process was such a beautiful experience, and one that will stick with me forever. The majority of my time was spent with Mary, and what a beautiful person to share this experience with. Mary was extremely personable. I remember calling one day after purchasing my gown, and I wasn’t sure whom I was speaking with, but as soon as I identified myself, Mary immediately remembered me. All my interactions with Mary mirrored that one. When I walked into the bridal shop to follow-up on bridesmaid dresses or alterations, Mary always met me with a warm smile and a lovely interaction. During this beautiful experience, I thought of Mary as my friend. I remember going for my final fitting, and Mary asking me how I was going to do my hair. Originally, I thought about having an up-do, but when seeing myself in the dress with my hair down, Mary, my mom, and I thought it would be best to keep it down naturally. I remember Mary helping me pin up some strands of hair to add more volume to the top. In the end, I decided to wear my naturally curly hair down, and it was one of the best decisions. Thanks Mary for such a beautiful experience. It was a joy working with you, and I look forward to stopping by to show you pictures.

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

I seriously love this place! They were amazing to work with! As a plus size bride, I was super nervous that I wouldn't be able to find a dress that would fit and flatter me. They have a great selection at Bridal Elegance and were so patient with me as I tried on many dresses. I loved coming back for fittings because they made me feel so beautiful. They listened to what I wanted and made it happen flawlessly! I felt SO beautiful on my wedding day because of the amazing work they did on my dress. The employees are great and the owner is amazing! Such a great place!

• F

FATIMA M · Married on 09/03/2017

My mom and I have used bridal elegance for several occasions, including my wedding, and I have always been happy with the customer service and selection.

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

The dresses are so beautiful and affordable... I first went to David's Bridal because I was on a budget but did not feel like a bride at all there.... it smelled like pee and was dirty with harsh lighting and torn up dresses. After David's my friend said she bought her dress from Bridal Elegance and so I decided to go by. This is were a budget bride feels like a million bucks. The salon is beautiful and like what you see in the movies. The staff is tremendously helpful and kind and have an eye for what you need. Candice was helping me and was just the sweetest! I was that challenging bride that is incredibly indecisive and tried on probably every dress in the store, going over my appointment time with each visit, but the staff never once made me feel rushed or silly for going back and forth. When I finally chose my dress the ladies at the store were just as happy for me as my bridesmaids and mother was. They remembered me each time I went back to look at my dress and let me try it on whenever I wanted (I ordered it a size down and was working to fit into it) I had all the alterations done in store and the seamstress was very patient with me and was open to any suggestions or questions I had. We ordered my mom's dress in a color they did not have in store, but the company offered, and it came back not looking like what she had imagined. The manager refunded our money and did everything she could to help my mom find something else. They were so understanding and wonderful and I highly recommend paying them a visit! I know we'll be back very soon when my sister's man gives her the ring next month!

Brianna · Married on 05/28/2017

Searching for a wedding dress was one of the hardest things I had to do for my wedding. I wanted a dress I was in love with but I am so indecisive. I went to three different shops looking for a wedding dress. Out of all three shops, Bridal Elegance made me feel the most relaxed. They had a lot of dresses and were patient with me. I took some of my family with me when I was trying on wedding dresses, and I loved how they let them pick out dresses for me. The other two places I went too did not even let me look for myself. They made me just tell them what I wanted or what I envisioned, but when you are a indecisive person sometimes that does not work. The consultant I worked with was very nice and actually was the one who picked out the dress I choose to wear on my wedding day. She was very observant to what I was saying I liked and did not like as I was trying on other dresses and found me a dress that looked great on me. With all that being said, I would highly recommend Bridal Elegance for future brides!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Briana - thank you so much for the wonderful review! You were a joy to work with too!

Lexi · Married on 10/01/2016

I have nothing but great things to say about Bridal Elegance. I went into the store knowing that I wanted to try on a particular dress. Candace was amazing and helped me try on many different styles of dresses and saved that dress for last. It made me feel so much more confident that I was making the right decision since she had me try on so many styles before I tried on “The” dress. She was so friendly, knowledgeable & such a pleasure to work with. As I continued to come into the store for alterations, Candace was always there with her warm smile and friendly hellos. When it comes to alterations, Mary was amazing. She is so kind and so good at what she does! I even had a whoopsie moment when I forgot to eat prior to a fitting and almost passed out. Mary to the rescue! She gave me snacks & sat me in front of a fan as she finished pinning my dress as I was sitting. She made several alterations to my dress until it was absolutely perfect. I wish I knew everyone’s name in the store because everyone I encountered was great. Excellent customer service! I have zero complaints what so ever and would recommend Bridal Elegance to everyone I know.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Lexi, your fabulous review made us smile from ear-to-ear! We pride ourselves in making our brides look and feel terrific on their wedding day and we are glad we had an opportunity to play a part in such a wonderful moment in your life! All the best from your friends at Bridal Elegance!

Kassidy · Married on 09/10/2016

I can not explain how Grateful I am for Bridal Elegance! These girls are angels and a lifesaver! I bought my dress from them and fell in love with it right away. The quality of the dresses at Bridal Elegance are far more better than from some of the national chains. I lived over an hour away and decided to let someone else close to home do my alterations, BIG MISTAKE! I called bridal elegance less than 2 weeks out from my wedding and they saw the nightmare I was in and help right on the spot! Mary took my dress on her day off to the best seamstress she knew and they talked it over and they managed to fix my dress back to it original state. It absolutely blew my mind and I felt beautiful again!! So note to all of the future brides out there even if it means driving the extra mile or spending that extra penny DO IT!! Take it back to have alterations done here at bridal elegance! I cannot thank Mary, Trihn, Bridal Elegance team and the seamstress enough! They work fast and efficient to help you make your dream into a fairytale!!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thanks Kassidy! You are awesome and your great review means so much to us!

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2016

JUST WOW ---- My story goes like this. Girl sees dress, girl falls in love with dress, girl books appointment at a salon that carries dress, stylist pulls it plus some other style dresses, stylist *highly encourages* bride to try any style her family pulled, stylist knows she has fallen for another dress, bride ends up picking a dress COMPLETELY opposite than her original love. Candace at Bridal Elegance knew the moment I stepped into my dress, that I was completely smitten. SHE knew it before I knew it. And I couldn't be more thrilled she encouraged me the way she did because I truly found my dream gown. Maybe I watched one too many episodes of 'Say Yes to the Dress' but I've always known that I didn't want to use a big box retailer for my wedding dress. Having to share my appointment with 5 other brides & not having someone give a professional input was everything I didn't want in my appointment. This boutique has the large store dress options with the intimate appointment feel that I was looking for. Each appointment I went in for it was like I was walking in the door to old friends just ready to catch up on life. This is 100% a family environment and they welcome you into it with open arms. I won't have a need for another wedding dress purchase, but I will whole heartedly recommend them to anyone who may be looking for any type of bridal / bridesmaid / accessories purchases!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are overjoyed that you had such an amazing at Bridal Elegance! You were a fantastic bride to work with all throughout your shopping and tailoring process. We wish you and you husband a lifetime of happiness!

I found my dress at bridal elegance! Everyone there was so helpful and would show you different ways you could alter the dress to the dress of your dreams and prices are affordable! I highly recommend checking them out!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Jenn · Married on 05/21/2016

Bridal Elegance did an amazing job at making dress shopping a once in a lifetime experience. I worked with Candice, and I would recommend her for all brides! I walked in, and I immediately felt welcomed with no pressure. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted, and Candice really helped my vision come through. Because this was my first time dress shopping, I was afraid to commit by just looking at one store. I checked out a few other stores, and the customer service and quality of Bridal Elegance completely surpassed all the other stores. I was welcomed back (after shopping around at other stores). They made time for me to try on my dress one more time. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with my dress.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Jenn for the wonderful review! Your compliments really mean a lot to us!

Emily · Married on 04/29/2016

I found my dress at Bridal Elegance after visiting another store. Candance was so helpful and friendly and I found the perfect dress for me! She made sure to make sure I was comfortable with my budget and helped me pick dresses that matched my inspiration. Although I won't get my dress for 6 months I know the process will be easy and great! thanks Bridal Elegance!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for the fantastic review!

elizabeth · Married on 01/09/2016

I originally came to Bridal Elegance to get alterations done on a wedding dress I had purchased from a shop that had a going out of business sale. As I was leaving after receiving my quote, my eye caught hold of a beautiful gown that I just had to try on!
    They let me try it on without any issue and I just couldn't take it off! I knew right then that it was the dress for me! They did not give me any pressure to buy their gown and gave me honest opinions on both dresses and told me that I had to be the one to make the final decision if I was going to purchase the new gown.
    The owner even told me to go home and sleep on it before making the final decision and to call them in the morning. I already knew my decision when leaving the store that evening and could not wait to call them back in the am to purchase the gown!
    The gown was stunning and everyone there was so sweet and helpful. They did an amazing job on the alterations as well!
    I could have not looked more beautiful for my wedding! I received so many compliments on how unique and gorgeous my gown was.

Thank you Bridal Elegance for my perfect wedding dress!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Oh Elizabeth - what a wonderful review! We really appreciate your kind words!

Debbie · Married on 11/07/2015

I am the mother of the bride and my daughter and a few friends thought we would be begin shopping, just to look at a few styles and narrow down what Ashlee would want. After 3 dresses, Candance pulled one with all the qualities that Ashlee would like. She tried it on and we all got teary but Ashlee was not there yet. A strapless dress was not what she wanted. It was suggested that we could add a chiffon strap using the fabric to match the dress. So we did a mock of the straps and we all fell in love with the dress with the new straps. Ashlee thought they would be really simple. Well they matched the folds in the waistband of dress exactly, and looked like the dress came with them all along. I ordered 2 yards of chiffon to make a veil to match the color of the dress exactly as it was not your usual ivory, blush or white dress. It was champagne colored. I even asked for help on which beading to use on the ends of the veil and everyone there was very helpful. It was a pleasure to work with everyone and the dress arrived in record time. The prices are the best in town and you do not need to rob a bank to get a beautiful wedding gown of your dreams. If you start your dress shopping at Bridal Elegance, you will not go to another bridal salon. Plus they are open on Sunday. On the day of her wedding, everyone loved her dress and said how much it looked like her.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Hi Debbie! We absolutely loved working with you and your daughter, and we're so glad her dress was a hit at her wedding. We know she looked gorgeous!

I had an amazing experience at bridal elegance! Trinh, Mary, and their staff are wonderful, very helpful, and go above and beyond. I just went to take a look and ended up buying my wedding dress and picking out my bridesmaids dresses all in the same day! They were amazing through the whole process! I even received a hand written thank you note from them. I wasn't just another customer, they genuinely care. I can't thank bridal elegance enough!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review!

Andrea · Married on 10/03/2015

After looking at numerous other shops I went to Bridal Elegance. Everyone was so pleasant to work with, didn't push me over my budget and presented the options I was looking for. I personally suggest any bride/ wedding party to make a visit to Bridal Elegance in Richmond Va.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Andrea for the kind words!

Krystal · Married on 09/19/2015

I have been very pleased with Bridal Elegance. The entire staff is amazing and very helpful. I went in one day just to browse for my dress and bought it that day! I had no intention of buying that day and even cancelled and appointment I had scheduled after. I spoke with the owner and she was even able to get me a swatch of my fabric (and mailed it to Virginia Beach for me!). I would definitely recommend them to any bride or bridesmaid.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thank you Krystal for the kind words and wonderful compliments!

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

I was pretty apprehensive and intimidated by the whole dress-shopping experience (I was so afraid I wouldn't find "the one"!) If I could give Bridal Elegance more than 5 stars, I absolutely would. This was the first store I visited while shopping for my wedding dress. Needless to say, I ended up canceling my other appointments at nearby stores, because once I walked through the door at Bridal Elegance, I did not need to look any further. Everyone on the staff was friendly, welcoming, and professional. The store is pretty and intimate, unlike the major chain bridal stores. There were only one or two other brides shopping during my appointment, which I loved. I was lucky enough to have Tara helping me and she was wonderful. From the moment I arrived with my mom, grandmother, and bridesmaids, she made us all feel comfortable. She really listened to understand the look I was going for and was positive and upbeat, never pushy. The selection at the store was amazing! She was able to pull several dresses that I loved, including the one I ended up choosing. My other grandmother was in the hospital while I was dress shopping and it was really important for me to have her with us; we FaceTimed her from the store and Tara didn't rush us at all, even though getting her opinions via FaceTime took a bit longer. I knew I had found my dress when my grandmother loved it too! Ordering was a breeze and the staff kept me updated and on top of my appointments for fittings (super helpful in the midst of wedding planning!) Mary, the owner, helped me choose a beautiful belt and veil which were both absolutely perfect with the dress. The alterations were perfect - I got a French bustle (which stayed intact through a long night of dancing) and had my dress let out a bit. I always looked forward to going in and having my fittings; Mary and the staff really celebrate the whole wedding dress experience with you and make you feel special. I 100% recommend Bridal Elegance to everyone!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Bridal Elegance's reply:

Thanks Jessica! What a wonderful review - you just made our Friday!