Bridal Artistry Reviews

229 | Washington, DC

229 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Elise · Married on 12/22/2013

Ky did my makeup and Mandy did my hair for my wedding. Both were easy to work with during my trial and on my wedding day. Most importantly, both Ky and Mandy did a fabulous job on my wedding day and really listened to what I wanted. I looked awesome. Mandy also came back during my reception for a hair and makeup touch up, which we had pre-planned because I had a costume change. I greatly appreciate the flexibility. I also emailed a handful of times and everyone (Barbara, Ky, Mandy) were very responsive.

I took off half a star for two reasons:
    -Ky was late for my makeup both times I met her (trial and wedding day). I had already read that Ky ran late in other people's reviews so I left plenty of buffer time, and it didn't bother me.
    -Mandy seemed a little frustrated during the trial when I didn't like the hair styles she did. For my wedding, I actually went with the first hair style she picked during the trial. Mandy has a good eye and was correct about what would look good; I just wish she had been a little more sympathetic. On the day of the wedding, her attitude was fabulous so she may have just been having a bad day when I met her for the trial.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Helene · Married on 08/10/2013

My entire bridal party looked amazing!!! The artists really take their time on each person whether they are doing hair or make up. We got so many compliments on how we looked. It was awesome how they traveled to us and made our day much easier to coordinate. My hair and make up looked just like, if not better than my trial. My artists (Shaune and Sonia) helped me to relax and have fun! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/14/2013
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/18/2013

The first thing that attracted me to Bridal Artistry was their ability to do onsite hair and makeup. Sonia Kasbarian was our hair stylist and Shaune Hayes was our makeup artist, and they came onsite to Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg for us. Sonia did an amazing job on each of my 6 bridesmaids as well as myself. She requested a picture of what each girl wanted, and then did their hair with her own spin on the picture they showed. Each girl's hair turned out even better than the picture, and everyone was extremely happy with their hair!

I can't say enough good things about Shaune - every single one of us looked amazing, thanks to her. We all gave her a vague idea of what we wanted and then she worked her magic. She was very sweet and personable, and every girl looked stunning. She made sure each girl was comfortable with her makeup, which was not an easy task for us - we girls who are used to wearing a lot of makeup every day, and one who had never worn any before.

Both Sonia and Shaune arrived on time and finished on time, and we never felt like we were rushed through anything. I would absolutely recommend Bridal Artistry to anyone looking for onsite hair and makeup, especially Shaune and Sonia!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Jeannette · Married on 11/03/2012

Mandy (hair) and Brie (make-up) were the stylists for our wedding (the bride, bridesmaids, and MOB), and we can't say enough great things about them. Both girls met us at our hotel the morning of the wedding—they showed up on time, were very professional, and were amazing at making sure everyone looked beautiful for the wedding. We got married in Leesburg, and most salons I found were the same price (or higher) than hiring stylists from Bridal Artistry, so it was definitely worth it to have the two girls come directly to our hotel room to get ready. Would definitely recommend Mandy and Brie to anyone!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Ky from Bridal Artistry was fantastic! I have never had make up look as good as I did on my wedding day, I could not have been happier with her!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/02/2010

I booked Ky through Bridal Artistry for both my engagement session and wedding and was very pleased both times. Ky made my makeup look GREAT for the e-session and the wedding was similar. She did makeup for 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and me and everybody just looked gorgeous. People's makeup really stayed pretty well too. I really love how Ky had such an eye for color and really seemed to want to spend so much time making us all look beautiful!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2010

I loved Pia and Jacinda. The trial was easy to schedule and they took notes and pictures to make sure things looked the same on my wedding day. My hair and makeup looked great and lasted the entire day. They also provided a touch up kit. While I probably could have saved money by going to a local salon, it was worth it to me to have someone come to the venue. One less thing to stress over. I'd use them again!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

Working with Barbara and Ky was so great. They were very flexible with my schedule. I ended up meeting with them 3 times. Once, for the trial run, then for my bridal portraits, and then again for the actual wedding day. Ky was great with all my bridesmaids and their crazy hair style requests. She came to our wedding venue with more than enough time to get my 4 bridesmaids maid up, my mother and mother in law and myself. Barbra did my make up and my maid of honors make up. I've never felt more beautiful, nor did I think my maid of honor looked more beautiful. I loved the make up Barbra used so much that I ended up purchasing it off the internet. Although the price may seem high depending on what your budget is for beauty, but they were so worth it!!! One of my bridesmaids is planning on getting married in 2010. She has already told me that she would like Barbra and Ky to do her hair and make up once she finally gets a weeding date set.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2008

Barbara was so nice and fun to work with. She really took everything I had to say at the trial into account and then used her expertise to make my skin look amazing. I have been told on other occasions that my skin color is hard to match well as it is very olive (with a lot of yellow undertone) but she had no problem what so ever! I would recommend her to anyone! The best part is that she was able to travel to our hotel and you get a full size lipstick and powder compact to do your own touch ups throughout the day!

Sent on 10/30/2008

Kristen · Married on 10/11/2008

Barbara did a great job!

Sent on 11/20/2008

Abigail · Married on 11/12/2016

Bridal Artistry was wonderful to work with. They were very prompt and clear with their communication and very flexible with scheduling my trial. I wanted my mom to join me for my hair and makeup trial and they accommodated her travel plans with an early Sunday morning appointment. Then - she unexpectedly changed her plans and they were happy to do an even EARLIER weekend morning appointment!

On the day of the team was great. Ky did my hair (along with 5 bridesmaids!) and I loved it!. Stephanie did my mom's hair and she looked great. Pia did my makeup and gave me the natural look that I was looking for. Laura also helped with bridesmaids' make-up and made sure they all looked beautiful. She listened to their ideas, but also made sure that they complemented my natural look. The team kept me calm on the day of and made sure that we all had a great time getting ready. They worked quickly but did a great job! Thanks!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Abigail -- We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of our services and our team members who served your wedding party! I know that Pia, Ky, Laura & Stephanie were so happy to hear that you loved the looks they created and their special care for your needs. We try so hard to be flexible and keep in mind the many pressures and details a bride deals with on her Big Day... we love knowing it is appreciated! All the best to you newlyweds ~

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

I had a wonderful experience with the Bridal Artistry team! Barbara, Ky and two of their assistants were able to get all 9 of my bridesmaids, plus two mothers, hair and makeup done before taking pictures! All of the girls still talk about how much they loved their hair and makeup- that it was the best they have ever had for wedding up-dos. The girls chose their own hairstyles, and I felt the stylists were able to capture each girls unique look. The pictures turned out gorgeous! They also loved the lipstick that came along with the makeup. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/08/2015

I used Bridal Artistry for my hair and makeup on my wedding day. Norma Rios was awesome. I do not know anything about hair and makeup and Norma was able to make some suggestions based off what I liked in photos and from the dress I would be wearing. We had a dry run session about a month prior which was super helpful to nail down the look I would be going for. On the day of the wedding Norma came to the house (it was even an early start at 6:30AM!) and did an awesome job. We were even able to pin in some fresh flowers at the last minute. She was even able to accommodate doing my sister's hair perfectly with short notice. My husband loved the look and was totally surprised! While the cost is slightly high, it's totally worth it on the big day. I would definitely recommend Bridal Artistry and Norma Rios anytime.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Great service from them, both during the hair and make up trial and the wedding day. The cost for bridesmaids/mothers is acceptable and average. The cost for the bride, I think, was above average. I would still recommend them.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/26/2014

Ky and Jacinda did my hair, my mom's hair and the hair for all my maids. They were fantastic. All the girls looked amazing and I think they felt amazing as well. My mother, a very hard woman to please, kept saying that Ky performed a miracle. Suzanne did our make up and she obviously loves what she does. The make up stood the test of tears, sweat and time. It was quite a treat for me and everyone with me.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Kelly · Married on 03/15/2014

I worked with Pia and Norma. Both were excellent. One bridesmaid was unhappy with her hairstyle, but not much was done by Norma to fix it. That said, she fit right in and was very comfortable to hang out with on wedding day. The makeup was great, too! The only thing I didn't like was that I forgot to pay the remainder of the contract (and was never reminded) so I had to pay day of, which I did not realize. It was a bit stressful to search for a checkbook in my dress. That said, this was arguably my fault for not re-reading the contract about when payment was due.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2013

Everyone at Bridal Artistry were great to work with. Barbara, the owner, was so responsive. I had Pia for make-up and Norma for hair. Both did a fantastic job! My make-up looked great the entire day. I kept getting compliments and questions on "how do you still look amazing?" My hair was just as good. I'm so thankful for doing a trial run a month or so before the wedding, because I learned that my hair falls down quite easily. I relayed this to Norma and she did a style that would stay better, but I didn't like it as much. So, Norma said no problem I'll redo it - hours before the wedding. She was able to recreate the original trial run style AND make it stay all day and night.

They also did hair for my maid of honor, bridesmaid, mother and mother in law. And make-up for my maid of honor. Everyone looked so beautiful! Plus, it was SO convenient having them come to our hotel - which makes any wedding day a lot less stressful.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Anna · Married on 03/02/2013

The initial price was a bit of a shock to me but I really had a great experience. Ky did hair for the bridal party and me. Suzanne did make up for the bridal party, mother of the groom, and me. My initial trial for hair went really well. Ky worked with the pictures I brought but I ended up choosing a style she put together at the end. I didn't have a great vision of what I wanted for my make up. I was still a bit concerned with my look after the first trial. Suzanne offered to do another trial before the wedding to make sure I was comfortable at no extra charge. She did a great job!

On the wedding day, everyone's hair and make up turned out great. I absolutely loved my hair and make up. They were great to work with and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Danielle · Married on 01/25/2013

I used Bridal Artistry for my hair and makeup. Barbara did an amazing job on not only myself but my bridal party who made up many different shades and colors. They all really loved their makeup and the fact that they received the lip color for touch ups. Everyone looked amazing. My hair came out exactly as I wanted it to. The trial was easy and helpful. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/14/2013

Barbara did make up for me and my bridesmaids and she did an excellent job. I received so many compliments. Mandy did a wonderful job on my hair especially considering I had changed it from what I asked for during the trial.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Stephanie · Married on 04/03/2011

Out of vendors in the DC area, Bridal Artistry provided the highest value for the cost. The makeup artists and stylists were prompt, friendly, professional and most importantly, did a wonderful job. My entire family and bridal party were pleased with the services they received. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my wedding hair and makeup. Thank you!

Sent on 04/29/2011

Cathy · Married on 05/22/2010

Barbara was fantastic. They were able to do an initial makeup/hair consultation to make sure my look was consistent and made sure I brought a picture of my dress and the colors of my wedding. On the day of, Barbara did all of the bridal party's makeup. Kai was over an hour late coming in to do the hair because she had hit traffic, but surprisingly I was ok with that. Kai did finally arrive before we had to leave and she did my hair fantastically and ended up doing my mom and my mom in law for gratis and insisted I not pay for them, even though I was ok with doing so. Would I recommend them again? Certainly. =)

Sent on 12/27/2010

Liz · Married on 10/10/2009

Perfect! Barbara did an absolutely perfect job with my makeup and that of my five bridesmaids. She was wonderful to work with, friendly and fun on the wedding day, but also organized and on top of everything.

Sonia went above and beyond to give me the most elegant hairdo I could ever dream of. She is an expert on all hair types -- my hair is almost too curly so she straightened it; one of my bridesmaid has wavy hair, so she re-curled it to give her a beautiful and bouncy half updo. And, like Barbara, was so much fun to work with on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Halleh · Married on 04/26/2008

Barbara is fantastic - a combination of high professionalism and care and kindness. She was extremely flexible to make sure I was comfortable with my makeup and hair at the trial session and did a second one (with no cost to me) since we ran out of time in the first session.

I initially wanted to do my makeup myself since I know how to do makeup but am glad that I decided to ask Barbara as I felt so relaxed and pampered having her do my makeup. She did a great job and was very responsive to my feedback, too.

Ky, who was the hair stylist working with her was also very responsive and flexible and did a beautiful job. They both made me start off the day very calmly and beautifully!

Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/08/2008

Katherine · Married on 03/29/2008

Barbara was wonderful to work with and a calm and professional presence on a hectic day! The makeup was beautiful - natural as we had planned. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/11/2008