Bridal Artistry Reviews

229 | Washington, DC

229 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Erica · Married on 10/25/2008

Barbara is a miracle worker! I have never felt so pretty in my entire life! She is amazing!

Sent on 11/11/2008

Alison · Married on 10/12/2008

Barbara was wonderful to work with. I don't wear a lot of make up in my everyday life, and she made me look natural while still giving me that extra something for my wedding day. She was willing to come out to the ceremony site, and did all my bridesmaids as well. They all looked great! Barbara was very responsive to any email I sent her, and did exactly what I wanted! I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 11/12/2008

Kenrick · Married on 08/31/2008

Barbara is extremely professional, kind, and patient. I was extremely satisifed with her services.
    She arrived early on the day of my wedding, and applied my makeup, my mother-in-law's, and my own mother, who arrived late and Barbara was patient enough to wait for her.
    Everyone said that I looked beautiful and gorgeous, so I was really happy to hear all the compliments. Barbara's price is very fair and there weren't any hidden costs. I highly recommend Barbara to do your makeup.

Sent on 09/16/2008

Kathleen · Married on 08/19/2008

One of the best decisions I made in planning my wedding was choosing Bridal Artistry to do the makeup for me and my bridal party. I especially loved that Barbara Hill did such a great job responding to the specific needs of everyone in my party. She took the time to listen to and understand the look that each person desired, and everyone was so happy with the way their makeup looked, especially me! I am still receiving compliments from friends and family about how beautiful my makeup looked that day and in the pictures!

It is easy to see that Barbara Hill has so much experience with weddings. She really understands the needs of the bride, and works very hard to help brides and their wedding parties achieve the look they want for their wedding.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Joanna · Married on 08/16/2008

I was confident and assured that my make up as well as the make up for my mom and bridal party was going to be be exceptional-- and natural after the trial with Barbara! She was very personable as well as professional and did a comprehensive trial to ensure that my make up complemented the tone and style of my wedding! Another make up artist was used for my bridal party and I again was confident the associate was going to be great as well! Thank you so much Bridal Artistry! I found out about you by word of mouth and will definitely pass along your information to the next Bride to Be!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Jen · Married on 07/26/2008

Barbara Hill is WONDERFUL! I was amazed at how she transformed me from an average girl to a beautiful woman! Everyone gushed over how beautiful I looked on my wedding day. :) And, my response was "It's amazing what a good make up artist can do, eh?" She does a fantastic job with make up, but what I loved the most about her was how comfortable she made me feel! From the moment I met her, Barbara was warm and caring. She accomodated me in every way and helped to make me feel extra special on my day! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone interested in looking and feeling EXTRAORDINARY! :)

Sent on 01/30/2009

Pilar · Married on 06/14/2008

Barbara does a very comprehensive consultation and is responsive to your preferences. She does excellent work and is very soothing to have around on the big day!

Sent on 08/18/2008

Bayyinah · Married on 06/06/2008

Barbara was exceptional. She used her expertise and talent to help me truly feel beautiful on my wedding day. She is a genuinely beautiful person, and I am extremely thankful to have worked with her.

Sent on 07/10/2008

Yichen · Married on 05/31/2008

Barbara is very professional and flexible with her clients. She was also very responsive with me. Whenever I had questions I sent her emails, she always replied me within about one hour. I was very happy with her service.

Sent on 07/30/2008

Mariceli · Married on 05/03/2008

My make up artist was Pia Maria. She did an amazing job for all of us. We started with a trial, I don't wear make up at all and I wanted a simple look for the wedding. She started with a natural look, and then added more color as I indicated. We came up with a very sofisticated natural look that lasted the entire day. I only needed to add more lipstick during the reception. She was very professional, arrived on time, and finished with all 7 of us with time to spare. We love her. I highly recommend her for your wedding day or for any other event.

Sent on 05/08/2008

Mary · Married on 10/20/2007

Barbara Hill was wonderful to work with for my wedding. She did a trial at her house for me about 5 months before my wedding. She was so great - I talked about the natural look I wanted, but how I wanted my eyes to come out in my photos. She is big into using natural light in her studio and it worked well since I had an outdoor fall wedding. She took my dress, colors and flowers into consideration when selecting eye color to compliment the 'feel' of our day.

The day of our wedding, she showed up early to do our makeup. She did my makeup and two of my bridesmaids and everyone came out looking fantastic! She was so nice too - one of my bridesmaid did her own makeup, but Barbara was nice enough to give her a few tips on her eyeshadow. I thought that was above and beyond!

I would recommend Barbara Hill to all brides!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2007

Barbara Hill of Bridal Artistry is amazing and gifted. She can look at you and know in a second what your colors are and what make-up to use and how to use it. Plus her make-up is so natural and light you don't even feel like you're wearing anything, yet when you look in a mirror, you can't get over how amazing you look. I just really enjoyed using Bridal Artistry. It was worth every penny. Plus she set me up with her partner who does hair (Hair by Diane), who was bubbly and fun and she did a terrific job. She knew I was self-conscious about certain features and that didn't phase her the least. She just made sure I was happy and comfortable and she pulled it off. They also worked through my 8 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, a grandmother and two aunts efficiently and with ease. My wedding party looked stellar! Bridal Artistry books up fast so get them early!

Sent on 10/30/2007

Marissa · Married on 06/10/2007

I highly recommend Bridal Artistry for your wedding make-up needs. Barbara was super nice and her professionalism and attention to detail was impressive. She selected make-up colors and styles that I otherwise would not have known could work so well for me. I loved that she gave me lip color and powder foundation so that I could do touch ups throughout my wedding day (although Barbara did such an amazing job that I only needed a little lip color after I ate). In addition, rather than just covering up or adding enhancements, Barbara really brought out my natural beauty and made me feel like a beautiful bride!

Sent on 10/22/2007

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2007

Barbara is awesome. She does excellent work, made me look better than I ever have, and completely relaxes you. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/19/2007

Tonya · Married on 03/24/2007

I can not say enough great things about Barbara from Bridal Artistry! She was exceptional. I flew in from California for a trial run before the wedding and my plane was delayed. She not only waited for me to arrive at my appointment several hours late, but she took her time and did not make me feel rushed when I finally go there. She is extremely professional. She doesn't make-up your face the way SHE wants you to look, instead she listens to you and makes you look the way YOU want.
    On the day of the wedding, she was very prompt and quick to make things happen. She has a great calming effect for a nervous bride! As for your budget, she will definately not break the bank. Not only does she put your trial payment towards the wedding charges, she also gave me a complimentary compact of pressed powder and a lipstick that she used so I could do touch-ups during the day.
    I've worked in the make-up industry, and she is definately tops in my book. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/11/2007

Allison · Married on 12/09/2006

I had this vision of how I would look on my wedding day (classic, elegant, sophisticated, stunning.) Barbara Hill from Bridal Artistry accomplished this and more! I never thought I would look that amazing! She knew what I wanted and made it happen. I highly recoomend her to any bride, bridesmaid, mother, anyone! She is amazing!

Sent on 02/16/2007

Kathina · Married on 12/09/2006

Barbara was outstanding! She provided the consultation and demonstrated how and what she would do on the wedding day. Everyone commented on how beautiful I was and I thought to myself, "thank goodness for my parents and Barbara"! She went above and beyond what I expected. I have nothing but praise for her. She's the best!

Sent on 02/19/2007

Kathy · Married on 11/11/2006

Barbara Hill was great! She fit me in at the last minute for a trial makeup session. I was very impressed with her work and the quality of the makeup she used! On my wedding day she was there and she not only made me sooooo beautiful, as well as my sister, she touched up everyone in the wedding party, she gave the jr. bridesmaid girls lip color and made them feel sooo special! I would recommend Ms. Hill over and over! Thanks Barbara for the wonderful work!

Sent on 02/20/2007

Blair · Married on 10/21/2006

Barbara and her team provided an amazing service to my bridal party on the big day. Everyone loved their hair and make up. Barbara was very professional and made the experience a calm one for me which I definitely needed! I would recommend Barbara and her team to any bride. She really provide the enhanced natural look I was going for and made the day that much more complete. We had a great time with her!

Sent on 02/20/2007

Katie · Married on 06/17/2006

Barbara did my makeup - as well as makeup for my entire wedding party - on my wedding day in June 2006. She traveled to the location of my wedding - Chevy Chase, MD - and arrived on time for a very early morning session (starting at 8AM for my 12:30 wedding). On my wedding day, my friends, family, and I found her to be fun and relaxed to work with. Prior to my wedding, I did a trial run with her for my makeup. She was great about working with me on the kind of look I wanted for my wedding day, and asked questions about the style of my dress, my personal tastes for makeup, etc. She took a lot of notes, so that the style we decided on that day was exactly the way she did my makeup on my wedding day. On my wedding day itself, I had broken out above my eyebrows (a bad reaction to some waxing that I had 2 days before). I was so concerned, but you can't even tell in my pictures. She did a great job of covering it up! Barbara and her team are a joy to work with and I would highly recommend her for your wedding day makeup - or any other formal event!

Sent on 03/29/2007

Natalie · Married on 04/29/2006

Bridal Artistry provided myself and my bridal party with the most beautiful and natural make-up and did so in a very professional and caring manner. The make-up was tastefully and artistically applied using materials that were appropriate for those with sensitive skin. And above all, Barbara Hill of Bridal Artistry was kind and sincere enhancing the entire experience!

Sent on 06/22/2007

Marjorie · Married on 05/26/2018

My entire experience with Bridal Artistry was wonderful! Barbara was very responsive and helpful in working to coordinate both my hair & makeup trial, and day-of hair & makeup services for both me and several women in my family. Jacinda did both my hair and makeup -- she's fantastic!! I really enjoyed my trial with her -- she even gave me four different (great!) hairstyle options to choose from/noodle on between my trial and my wedding day and she took pictures of each hair style with my phone so that I could refer back to them while deciding. My hair & makeup turned out great on my wedding day, thanks to Jacinda! Jacinda also did makeup for another family member, and did a gorgeous job with her, too. Stephanie did hair for my sister and mother-in-law -- they were both so happy with their hair styles! My sister nearly started jumping up and down when she saw what a great job Steph did on her hair. :) Thank you, Bridal Artistry, for helping make my wedding day so great!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Marjorie! Your words are music to our ears and I am so glad to hear that you all loved the looks created for your wedding day celebration. Jacinda & Stephanie are awesome and always aim to please you with special touches of TLC.... Wishing you newlyweds much joy walking through life together ~ Barbara

Dan · Married on 02/20/2016

(Clarification: Groom Dan has this Wedding Wire profile, but this review was written by the bride)

I waited perhaps a bit too late to start searching for hair and makeup artists, and I was overwhelmed by the options. I contacted Bridal Artistry, along with a few other vendors, about 2 1/2 months before my wedding. Barbara was the most responsive person of those that I contacted, and her positive attitude, along with the beautiful photos on her website, won me over.

A main reason I chose Bridal Artistry was that Barbara's photos showed beautiful and unique brides. I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day, just better! I did not want to be airbrushed into oblivion. Barbara took the time to listen to what I wanted and used colors that were complementary to my complexion and to my wedding colors. I got so many compliments on the day, and it's all thanks to Barbara! She also did the makeup for my 2 bridesmaids and my mother, all of whom have very different skin tones and makeup experience, and everyone looked beautiful.

Hairstylist Mandy did our hair as well, and everyone's styles held up through most of the night. Both Barbara and Mandy came to our hotel at no extra charge, which was wonderful; I really appreciated not having to get everyone to a salon. We have fabulous photos thanks to these two!

One thing I will note is that Barbara's studio (for trial sessions) is not metro-accessible. Making the drive or hitching a ride to Fairfax is worth it!

Sent on 05/02/2016

I have no hesitation in recommending Bridal Artistry. Not only are they a team of super talented, professional and organized beauty artists, they are super fun to be around, which is exactly what you need on such an important day. The ease of plugging into this network for both my hair & makeup needs for myself and the bridal party made things so simple. Jacinda and Norma came onsite to the venue which made for a very simple and stress-free getting ready environment. I am so pleased with both my wedding look in-person as well as my wedding photos. Loved my beauty pit-crew!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

I know very little about hair and makeup, so finding a professional was very important for my big day. I'm so glad we found Bridal Artistry! Barbara was very responsive, replying to my first email within a few hours. The trial was informative and we found what I liked. Stephanie did my hair, and she totally nailed what I wanted. Both ladies were so flexible -- they both ended up doing my mother's hair/makeup and Stephanie ALSO did my sister-in-law! We loved those ladies and I would recommend both Barbara and Stephanie to anyone looking for hair and/or makeup vendors.

Sent on 09/04/2015