Bridal Artistry Reviews

227 | Washington, DC

227 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Dawn (makeup) and Stephanie (hair) were amazing! Myself and all my bridesmaids were picture perfect beautiful for my wedding day! From outside ceremony pictures to nighttime reception and under the stars dancing my hair and makeup stayed as perfect as my walk down the isle and all the pictures came out amazing! It was wnderful working with these fun and talented women. I appreciate their contribution to making my wedding day perfect and recommend their services to any other bride!

Sent on 11/10/2013

I worked with Barbara for my bridal makeup and Mandy for my bridal hair, and I could not have been happier! Barbara did an absolutely amazing job on my makeup - she listened closely to what I had in mind, offered her own professional opinion, and went to work. She is easy to talk to, and is really an expert at what she does. I think a good makeup job is high on the priority list of every bride, as you want to look your best, and Barbara did not disappoint. I'm hoping to figure out another special occasion to have her do my makeup again! She also did my younger sister's makeup, and provided good feedback on the type of makeup she uses, as my sister has very sensitive skin. I was very thankful for her patience and caring demeanor.

Mandy did my hair, and all I had to do was show her a picture and she got it right on the first try. I was a little hesitant about the "poof" to give my hair a little volume/height, but she explained that it would look great in pictures, took a picture for me to show me herself...and she was right! She also styled both of my sister's hair, and they looked amazing! Mandy was easy to hang out with, and very easy to work with. I 100% would recommend Bridal Artistry to future brides - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Sara · Married on 08/10/2013

Mandy and Barbara were amazing! They did my hair/makeup, my mom's hair and makeup, my maid of honor's hair and makeup and Mandy also did my flower girl's hair. They did an amazing job and we all looked fabulous! Thanks ladies!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Sara · Married on 08/06/2013

The Best Choice I made!

First let me start by telling you a little bit about my needs: I was arranging a intimate wedding in DC from London,UK. This posed a few complications. First I was only going to be in DC for a week before my wedding and 4 months before my wedding. Needless to say having a trial 4 months before when my dress wasn't even in yet would have been pointless. After explaining all this to Barbara, she made it possible for me to have my trial and then have her for the wedding a week later. I had Barbara for make up and Ky for hair.

Next to the details of the trial, we discussed colours of dresses and flowers, and then decided on a soft eye and dramatic red lip. Barbara's skill is amazing. Then Ky looked at the pictures of the hair styles I liked and came up with a perfect style. Both Barbara and Ky listened to what I wanted and the ideas that I had and taking all that in to consideration made sure that I had the perfect look. You know that feeling you get when you try on THE DRESS and know, well I had that after looking in the mirror at my wedding look. It's like they took the idea in my head and made it a reality!

Bridal Artistry are a team second to none, and while I was lucky to have Barbara herself, I can tell that no one on her team wouldn't be there if they weren't up to her high standards. When there was a little hiccup with my powder and lipstick accidentally going back with Barbara in her case, she turn right around and again and dropped it off, not actually that I ended up needing it until 6 or so in the evening, (I had a morning ceremony and lunch reception) my face was flawless in all the picture and has garnered many compliments, the main one from my husband who was literally slack jawed for at least 90 seconds when he first saw me.

Thank you Barbara and Ky for adding to my special day and making it even more amazing.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Barbara and Ky, and their teams were the wonderful ladies responsible for the bride/bridal party hair and make up. The trial went very smoothly a few weeks before the wedding, and both Barbara and Ky did a great job of presenting options and documenting everything they did.

The getting ready process was a bit hectic unfortunately, but it was not their fault at all. The timeline we originally had planned for was cut short a half hour. Even with that time restraint, they did a beautiful job on all of the bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom, grandmothers, etc.

I've already recommended them to other brides in the area, and loved the way I looked on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2013

Bridal Artistry is amazing! Barbara is fantastic and so easy to work with. I would highly recommend her services. Shaunda did a fantastic job on my hair. I couldn't be happier with the level of service I was provided by Bridal Artistry!

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • bittsey

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2013

I absolutely LOVED the make-up that Barbara did for my wedding! After we finished the trial I knew that I was in good hands, but the make-up was absolutely flawless on the day of!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Eliana · Married on 06/15/2013

Amazing people amazing job. My wedding was at noon and the reception was at 5 pm. So I needed a makeup and a hair style that will last all day long. Jacinda did my hair and my bridesmaids hair. We absolutly love it, it last all day and all night. Our hair was done at 10 am and it last until 3 am when I went back to the hotel and take it out. Thanks so much for such a wonderful work.
    Audrey did my make up and I receive so many compliments about it. I cry at the ceremony and I cry at the reception and my makeup never got ruined. My eyes were so stunning. I really love it. I will absolutly recommend them to anyone else and I will get them if I have another important event in my life where I need makeup and hair, thanks so much girls.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Kate · Married on 06/08/2013

Barbara and Mandy did an amazing job on hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids. Mandy made sure that everyone both loved, and felt comfortable with their hairstyles and did a great job of accommodating everyone's requests. Barbara was wonderful and both made us look flawless, without looking overdone, and talked us through what she was doing and the best ways to do makeup going forward. Overall it was a stress free, wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jackie · Married on 06/01/2013

The ladies at bridal artistry made us look so pretty, they were all so sweet and professional working with our large group. They arrived on time at the hotel and they quickly started working on us, and they even stayed a little later than expected just to make sure that we all looked perfect. Thank you Norma, Suzanne and the rest of the ladies at bridal artistry.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Bridal Artistry was great. We got so many compliments on our hair and makeup. And it was so nice having one company handle both hair and makeup AND come to me. Highly recommend Bridal Artistry.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2013

We worked with Barbara, Ky and Norma from Bridal Artistry and they did an amazing job on the hair and make-up for me, my bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom. I initially made contact with Barbara and she was very responsive. I had a great hair and make-up trial with Ky and Barbara and I felt they really understood the look I was going for (elegant, classic, and not overly made-up). I liked that I did not feel pressured to wear more make-up than I am comfortable in. On the day Barbara, Ky and Norma came to my house to get everyone ready. They made all the girls look absolutely beautiful and were really great working off of photos they all brought. They had a very calm demeanor, but still worked right to schedule which made the whole day really relaxing and enjoyable for all of us! We started everything at 10 am and the wedding did not start until 5 pm, but everyone still looked gorgeous by the time the ceremony started. I was very pleased with how my hair and make-up held throughout the entire evening. Everything looks beautiful in the photographs. I would highly recommend the Bridal Artistry team!

Sent on 06/22/2013

I had a perfect experience with Bridal Artistry. My trail consultation with Audrey Lee (make-up) and Norma Rios (hair) completely eased my nerves. I am not a girly girl and do not enjoy the idea of tons of make-up and hair spray. They listened to my ideas and gave suggestions on how to improve my vision while allowing me to look and feel like myself. They took detailed notes and photos from the meeting to have for the wedding day.

They were able to replicate the look on the day flawlessly. They were easy going and willing to make any adjustments that were needed. They were also able to help my three bridesmaids find the hair and make-up looks that worked best for them. We all couldn't be happier with the result and the photos from the day prove their work was superb.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Bridal Artistry did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup for my March 2013 wedding. Norma created a beautiful updo. Shaune is a highly skilled makeup artist who made me look amazing for the big day! I also had a trial with these ladies that went very well. I would recommend Bridal Artistry to anyone looking for on-site makeup and hair services.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Victoria · Married on 03/16/2013

Norma from Bridal Artistry was AMAZING!! Everybody was so impressed with how good my makeup and hair looked. I'm not a conceited person by any means, but I looked so beautiful! The makeup was done so well, that it looked very natural and not overdone. The hair was so pretty - not "prom" looking, and nothing that made me look too old, or that I was trying to look too young - it was just PERFECT! I will admit, I was hesitant and nervous about trying out a make up artist, because you don't know what you will get - I have ended up looking clownish before in the past. But Norma was absolutely perfect. Thank goodness I had a trial date, so I met with her and we tried out different hair styles/makeup. The first hair style she did for me, I wasn't crazy about and was worried she would make me look too "old". Then she said, "let me try something else" - and I was floored with how beautiful it looked. She re-created the look perfectly on the day of the wedding. Both hair and makeup were stunning. I love looking at all my pictures!

Sent on 04/14/2013

I called Bridal Artistry a week before my tiny family-only wedding, and Barbara called me back immediately. Given the short timeframe, there was no time for a trial session, but Barbara was more than willing to work with me. I emailed her photos from her website with looks that I admired, along with a photo of myself, and she made it happen! She gave me the exact natural-but-better look I wanted, which turned out perfectly in the photos. Also importantly, Barbara's personal, easy-going style was perfect on the day-of -- in fact, I was sorry to see her go! I would recommend her in an instant.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Barbara and Mandy were fantastic! Not only were they both very personable, they were very responsive to our wedding party's request in doing our make up and hair. in both the initial consultation and on the day of the wedding. They are both extremely professional and talented and made us all look gorgeous on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Susan · Married on 10/20/2012

My wedding party looked so elegant! Audrey did a wonderful job! I was worried she'd have trouble with my fair completion or overdoing the pretty-but-natural look I so much wanted, but she finessed it all, including great eye makeup. I also appreciated all the time she took during the practice session to make sure I was satisfied with everything. My bridesmaids and my mom were so happy with the result. I also appreciated that she came to our venue the day of, and we got compacts & lip glosses to do our own touch ups as the night wore on. Definitely a recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Ali · Married on 10/20/2012

Wonderful experience! We worked with Barbara Hill (the owner- makeup) and Ky (hair) and they were incredible! I was scheduled for a practice a couple of months out and they did an amazing job and I was really looking forward to seeing how it all came together on the wedding day! We had a mix of the 5 bridesmaids, a cousin, myself, and my mother getting different things done. Everyone who had their hair done had ideas of what they wanted, Ky was able to do exactly that and everyone was thrilled that none of us had issues with hair falling out of place/etc the Entire night! Barbara did makeup for myself, mother, and a couple of the bridesmaids- and I have to say that I Have Never had such a fabulous makeup job! Everyone who didn't get theirs done mentioned later in the night if they had known how well it was going to turn out, that they would've done it too. They were extremely professional, easy to work with, on time, and did an amazing job. I would Highly recommend them to anyone for a special event!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2012

After looking at a few places and talking with some salons I thought having someone come to my hotel to do my hair and makeup was out of the question but they were amazing. Barbara did an amazing job on my makeup and I loved that she gave me a compact and lipstick that were the same shades that she used. It made the whole day so much less stressful having them come to me. Norma did an amazing job with my hair and was very patient while we tried my hairpiece in a couple of different spots. All in all, AMAZING!!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2012

Barbara & Ky from Bridal Artistry were fabulous! Both were super friendly and professional in the lead up to the wedding and the big day itself.

Both my mom and sister were thrilled with their make-up and Barbara did an excellent job! I hardly needed to touch my own make-up all day; it seemed to stay perfectly in place and the added extra of a lip gloss as part of the package was perfect!

Since the wedding sooo many people commented on my hair! I had two hair trials with Ky prior to the big day and both times she was creative and 100% accommodating when I made suggestions. My mom has practically shown everyone in my home town back in England the pictures from the wedding day and I can't tell you how many have commented on my hair Ky!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2012

I absolutely loved having Bridal Artistry share my special day with my friends and family. I simply cannot tell you how spectacular they are as people and how professional they are as artists. They are incredibly talented, kind and very calm. I loved my trial and my makeup on my wedding day was flawless. My mother, sister and my friend all looked breathtakingly beautiful. Call them!!!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Tina · Married on 07/30/2012

Long-time neighbors gave me, my matron of honor, and my mother the gift of Bridal Artistry for my wedding day. What a wonderful gift!! Barbara, together with hair stylist Ky, were absolute delights to work with. During the bridal trial, they each nailed my look on the first try. Granted, I had no preconceived notions about what I wanted -- other than natural looking makeup and my hair up off my neck in anticipation of the heat. But they each knew how to accentuate my natural features perfectly -- and yes, thanks to their handiwork, the groom was blown away with my beauty on our wedding day!!

Barbara and Ky also took great care of my mother, who is ailing. With only slight touch up for her hair and a lipstick, she looked fantastic!! Barbara has such a great sense of color, she found the right colors for foundation, blush, eye liner, lipstick, etc, immediately -- for me and my sister. My 13-year old niece was welcome during the bridal trial and day of activities. I usually don't wear makeup and was concerned about how it would feel. The makeup never felt heavy or greasy. My skin had no reaction to it in the following days. It came off easily with soap and water -- and yet stayed on looking fresh after a full day in the heat of the summer sun. As a bonus, we each got to keep a lipstick - and I learned that we can order the artist-quality makeup directly from Barbara's website at anytime (it's not available in stores). Barbara works out of her home for the trials and then came to us on the day of the wedding. She truly goes the extra mile. When I got a flat tire at the bridal trial, she and her husband kept me calm and assisted me in putting on the spare so that I could go get a new tire! What great people!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2012

Brie (makeup) and Stephanie (hair) did a wonderful job! They were very flexible for the trial and helpful since I did not know exactly what I wanted. Stephanie tried a few options with my hair, which was extremely helpful. Everyone enjoyed them on the wedding day and was happy with their hair and makeup. They were also very responsive before the wedding and answered any questions I had. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Christine · Married on 07/14/2012

AMAZING!!!! I never like the way my hair and makeup looks when someone else does it and I LOVED Bridal Artisty. A friend of mine used them the year before and she looked amazing even in a heat wave, so I knew I wanted them, but they really exceeded my expectations. Mandy who did my makeup was unbelievable, it looked so gorgouse. Sonia did my hair and it was stunnning. She did this great lift on the top which gave my chin great definition. My mother and sister liked it all so much they decided to have thier hair and makeup too. We couldn't have been happier!!!

Sent on 09/08/2012