Bridal Artistry Reviews

227 | Washington, DC

227 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Tisha · Married on 08/22/2015

Bridal Artistry was a great choice! Hair and makeup are so important that day and both were flawless that day and after seeing my photos I couldn't have been happier!! I worked with Mandy for hair and Tanesha for makeup. Both were able to duplicate the pictures and examples for me and my 6 bridesmaid with time to spare the day of the wedding. Mandy is incredibly talented and adds great finishing touches and attention to detail to her styles. Tanesha was great to work with too. I typically don't wear a lot of makeup and Tanesha was very patient with me as we worked to find the right style of makeup for the big day! The makeup looked flawless and it lasted the entire night through the after-party even after tearing up during the ceremony and sweating on the dance floor! Go with Bridal Artistry and I highly recommend the team I worked with for my wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2015

I don't live in the DC area, but my wedding was in DC, so meeting with any of my wedding vendors was tricky, since I also work round the clock and don't have much of a vacation allowance. Bridal Artistry worked around my schedule to help set up the trial hair/makeup session. The person who did my hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair, Mandy, is very talented. She also talked me out of reducing my makeup -- I had first looked at my bridal makeup under very harsh light -- which turned out to be a good call. Based on my trial with her, she also helped me figure out what kind of hair/makeup to have -- I wasn't really sure how to describe what I wanted since I'm very low key with hair and makeup (little to no makeup unless for special occasions and I never do my hair). My main concern was that I didn't want to (1) look like a different person and shock my spouse-to-be; and (2) look different in person than would appear in the photos (there's this idea that you need much more makeup so you show up in the photos, but I think if you go with an unskilled artist, your guests will be able to see all of the powder and makeup on your skin when they are standing next to you).

I chose this vendor almost entirely based off of the WeddingWire reviews, since I initially balked at the price. At the end, though, I think it really was worth it, since this is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, and you're photographed so much on your wedding day. My spouse and I chose to reduce other areas of our budget instead.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Allison · Married on 06/06/2015

I could not have loved Barb and her team more-- I was lucky enough to live down the street from Barb's home growing up so it was an easy decision! She is knowledage, professional and so sweet. Myself, my mother and my 5 bridesmaids all looked STUNNING. Stephaine *who did my hair* is adorable and fun, she did exactly what I wanted and I looked incredible. The rest of the Bridal Artistry team was so professional and talented, I could not believe how flawless they made all of us look! :) Thank you all so much!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015
  • Lyn

Lyn · Married on 05/24/2015

We loved working with Bridal Artistry!! It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end! They worked with my schedule since I was planning the wedding from out of town to arrange my trial the week before the wedding. They came out to my Leesburg venue and had the all of the hair and makeup done for 8 women, including myself, done in 3.5 hours. We worked with Barbara, Ky Washington, and Jacinda Mosby. They were so much fun to work with and just kept everything so calm and fun for the day of the wedding. I had a blast talking to them and trusted them fully. Everyone looked so beautiful and received tons of compliments on their hair and makeup. My makeup and hair lasted the entire day and remained perfect even when I pulled out the veil. My hair is oily, pin straight, and frizzy but Jacinda created volume and style. I can't recommend them enough!!!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

Norma did my hair (updo) for my wedding on March 21, 2015 as well as several of the bridesmaid's hair. Stephanie did hair for the mother of the bride, grandmother of the bride and a few bridesmaids. Norma is AWESOME and does an amazing job with hair, particularly updos. Stephanie did an amazing job as well and everyone received compliments on how good their hair looked.

Bridal hair is $275 which includes the pre-wedding consultation and on-site styling/veil placement and hair for bridesmaids/MOBs/grandmas etc. is $90 and $90 for makeup.

My hair was exactly what I wanted and the bridesmaid's hair all looked wonderful. Norma also kept everything ahead of schedule and is extremely efficient. I highly recommend Bridal Artistry for your wedding day.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Vanessa · Married on 02/14/2015

Hair and makeup are such important services to get right on your wedding day, and Bridal Artistry did not disappoint. Barbara and her team worked tirelessly to perfect hair, makeup, and fake lash application on site for myself, 12 bridesmaids, and our moms/grandmas. I was able to do a pre-trial about two months out, and Barbara and her hairstylist, Ky Washington, worked with me for two hours to test what worked and what didn't, and took meticulous notes and lots of photos to make sure this guide could be referenced on the big day to take the guess work out of everything. Barbara is extremely organized, and she created an afternoon schedule for me that outlined which ladies were with her team members to keep everyone on track. Barbara is also incredibly kind, smart, and great at communicating via phone and e-mail. I was able to take away a powder and lipstick for touch ups that day, and all of my bridesmaids also received a lip color to take with them. The makeup look flawless, and nothing was caked on or runny throughout the event. I felt beautiful and exceptional thanks to Bridal Artistry, and I highly recommend hiring the team if you want to look your best on your big day.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Meaghan · Married on 12/13/2014

Mandy, Audrey and Norma were amazing!! I felt incredibly beautiful on my wedding day and all 7 of my bridal party members were stunning! The hair and makeup lasted all night and we all received many compliments. Mandy and Audrey were so patient and flexible with my trials and really helped me to look my very best on my wedding day. I highly recommend them to any bride getting married in the DC area.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Julie · Married on 11/13/2014

I highly recommend Bridal Artistry for both hair and make-up services on your wedding day. Barbara is extremely responsive. I always received responses to my e-mails within hours of e-mailing her.

Norma did my hair and make-up on my wedding day and did a superb job. She was professional, on time, personable, and made some last minute adjustments when I decided I wanted something a little bit different than we had previously discussed. She listened to what I wanted and delivered.

You will not regret your decision to hire Bridal Artistry (specifically Norma).

Sent on 12/06/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2014

Barbara and her team are awesome! She is very responsive to emails and questions and shows up when she needs to be. Very easy to work with and definitely work fast. Including myself, there were 7 ladies that needed hair and makeup done and we started at a nice time and everyone was done on time which was incredible. I didn't have to worry about anything because they had everything covered which was nice for me to relax on the big day. All of my girls came out beautifully with hair and makeup. Barbara and her team were so awesome and friendly.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/11/2014

I used Bridal Artistry for both my hair and makeup. Also hair for 3 of my bridesmaids and my flower girl. Ky did our hair and I loved it. During our trial I realized that she had actually styled my hair when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's June wedding! I knew I was in good hands. There were some last minute changes to bridesmaids and who was having their hair done, but Ky was very flexible and such a pleasure to work with. Loved all the styles she created! Barbara was wonderful and did a great job with my makeup. Kept it natural looking yet dramatic enough for a wedding. It lasted all night! I didn't touch up until the after party! Both Barbara and Ky were very professional and arrived promptly and were always easy to reach. The entire bridal party was finished ahead of time which made me and the photographer very happy! I would highly recommend Barbara and her team.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Leah · Married on 10/10/2014

Barbara did my make-up, and was very flexible when I wanted to change it up the week of the wedding. I ended up looking great, as did my maid of honor and my mom. My make-up lasted the whole night, even after all of the dancing.

Ky did my hair and it was perfect. I again also thought my sister and mom looked awesome. We did not do my trial run with extensions, but when I brought them to the day of the wedding she was able to work them in no problem.

Thank you Barbara and Ky, you made me feel beautiful for my big day!

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • I

Islen · Married on 09/06/2014

I loved working with Barbara! Both her and the hair stylist were very professional. I had no idea what look I wanted for my wedding, but they came up with a look that I absolutely loved! They were very punctual the day of the wedding (very early) and were able to get the job done in the allotted time. Barbara brought extra assistants to help out for the short and early period of time. I was able to communicate with her throughout the whole time period before the wedding and she was quick to respond. Everybody in the wedding party loved their look! I would definitely recommend Bridal Artistry!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2014

I used Bridal Artistry for both hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids and they did a fantastic job! Norma did my hair and makeup and was absolutely wonderful about adjusting what she did on the day-of based off of my comments from the trials and even comments I emailed her afterwards! I had added makeup services on at the last minute (I was originally just going to use them for hair) and she took the effort to find another make up artist, Mandy, who could come in and help. That definitely saved us a few hours!

Everyone looked great and even after going through a two-hour photo session before the ceremony in 90-degree VA humidity we still looked awesome for the ceremony! (Would recommend having a makeup-savvy friend on hand the day-of for inevitable touchups though!) Can't thank Norma and Mandy enough for making the beauty-aspect of the most photographed day of my life painless for me and my bridesmaids!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Joriana · Married on 08/16/2014

Barbara did my makeup on my wedding day and it was absolutely fantastic. I'm a wedding photographer, so I've seen tons of different makeup artists but Barbara was the one I decided to go with for my big day. Her knowledge of makeup and her professionalism stood out amongst all the others. I can't thank Barbara enough not only for doing such an amazing job, but for allowing me to look back on all my wedding images with such fondness -- not an eyelash was out of place and I have her to thank for that!

Next, I have to thank and recommend Shaunda Jenkins, who did my hair on my wedding day. Having had my hair professionally styled by her, I wish I could afford her to do my hair every day. My hair is super fine and flat. But on my wedding day, it had tons of volume that looked so amazing and lasted all day. I can't say enough good things about Shaunda.

If you're looking for an amazing team of beauty artists, you need look no further!

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/20/2014

I contacted Barbara on EXTREMELY short notice as a bridesmaid for my friend wedding. She was very accommodating of my very last minute requests. She sent Mandy to work with us. Mandy turned up perfectly on time with all her equipment in order and was ready to go in minutes. She had an excellent sense of humor and she probably had a hard time doing my make up because we were laughing so much and having such a good time! I felt like she was an old friend. I also could see that she adjusted her jokes and conversation for each person she was working on so everyone felt comfortable. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

Barbara arranged for a great group of stylists (Ky, Norma, Shaunda and Stephanie) to cover hair and make-up at my wedding on May 17, 2014. They were punctual, creative and were able to accommodate all of the requests from my bridesmaids.

Ky and Shaunda did my trial a few weeks before the wedding. They talked me through the entire process to get a feel for my style and desires for the perfect wedding look.

I would recommend this group to anyone - especially large groups that need to stay on a timeline. I had nine individuals to be styled by 12:30pm which was no small task. The crew started at 8am (actually a little before to set-up) and were non-stop until the entire group was ready to walk out the door.

Sent on 06/22/2014

I chose Bridal Artistry after interviewing a number of bridal hair and makeup services and the experience with them was wonderful. Barbara (the owner) was very friendly and she answered all my questions upfront in a timely manner. I felt the process and costs were laid out very clearly from the very beginning and they were very competitive compare to the other options on the market.

I was assigned to Mandy Hollinger for my hair and makeup. Working with Mandy has been a real delight. When it comes to hair and makeup she is definitely an ARTIST. She is extremely talented, very detailed oriented (which I loved), and very passionate about her work and her clients. We had first my hair trial and later we worked on my makeup together. During both trials I felt she was listening and paying attention to how I was envisioning myself on my wedding day. We experimented something unconventional for a bridal look, which turned out to be fantastic. In my everyday life I am not a “makeup friendly” person, but she was able to put together an impeccable look, apparently simple and elegant with an interesting touch of originality. She was able to create a look that was perfect for me focusing on highlighting my personal characteristics. I definitely did not feel just like a bride, I felt like THE BRIDE. The rest of the bridal party was really pleased with her service too. Everybody felt they got the perfect look based not only on their preferences, but also on their individual features.

I highly recommend Bridal Artistry for their services and for brides looking for a unique, tailored and special look, I strongly recommend asking for Mandy!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Monica · Married on 03/08/2014

Audrey and Mandy from Bridal Artistry are amazing!!! Both are very professional and talented women who truly cared about making me look and feel beautiful. Audrey provided make up service to not only myself, but 2 mothers, and 3 bridesmaids. She truly took us to another level and the make up stayed on all day and night! Mandy provided hair styling services to 8 people and made sure that we were all happy with the final outcome. She is extremely flexible and allowed me to add styling services for the groom just days before the wedding day. I wish I could have seen her use the flatiron on him!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Emma · Married on 12/31/2013

Barbara and Mandy were wonderful! I felt so beautiful, and my makeup and hair stayed together wonderfully all night (even after being outside in the winter wind, and dancing for hours). I really appreciated Barbara and Mandy's talent, professionalism, and personalities - they were so great with my group, especially with several ladies who were a bit reluctant to get their hair and makeup done. Thank you!

Sent on 01/03/2014

I absolutley loved KY and Barbara! These two were amazing. From the consultation to the day of the wedding was fabulous. KY was on time, I wasn't. I was running late all day that day. When I got in the chair, it was amazing. KY went right to work and had me finished by 4pm. KY came to you anywhere you needed her and she is amazing stylist. I can't thank them enough for making me feel the most beautiful!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Suzanne (makeup) and Sonia (hair) both did amazing work!!! We were SO happy with everyone's hair and makeup. Everyone looked gorgeous and both the makeup and hair lasted through some pretty serious partying!

Both of these ladies (along with their assistants) made preparation for my wedding go smoothly and on-time. It was an absolutely perfect evening!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2013

Bridal Artistry was wonderful! The trial process was easy and I left knowing that I would be in excellent hands on my big day. I had Audrey as my makeup artist and Shaunda for hair. They were prompt, professional, and everyone looked absolutely amazing when they were finished working their magic! It was a lovely experience working with them and I highly recommend them both!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Carey · Married on 10/19/2013

So I got on this bandwagon a little late and had trouble finding hair and makeup people. Brides, book this early! However, Bridal Artistry was able to move some things around to accommodate myself, my 4 bridesmaid and my mother and we all looked INCREDIBLE. My hairdresser, Sonia, is a master and each and every curl on my head looked beautiful. Allison did my makeup and made me look beautiful but not "done up" - it was natural and yet showed beautifully in pictures. They are world class professionals and I was so thankful to have them.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jenny · Married on 10/19/2013

Barbara (makeup) and Norma (hair) from Bridal Artistry did a great job on my wedding day! When I did my trial with them, they took special care to note what I was looking for and what we had decided for the big day. However, a few weeks before, I decided to make a few alterations; they were very accommodating and reassuring, and were able to provide their expert opinions. The day of, everything turned out wonderfully. Barbara especially was very flexible and responsive, and I’m so glad that I could count on her and Norma to make my look perfect. My mother decided the day of that she wanted to get her hair done, and Norma was flexible enough to stay a little longer than planned to include her. Thanks to Bridal Artistry for their wonderful work!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Cathy · Married on 10/05/2013

I had a wonderful experience using Bridal Artistry. My trial took place in April where Mandy tried a couple of hair styles to see what I would like best and Suzanne did a great job of giving me a natural look since I don’t usually wear make-up. Both took multiple pictures so they could recreate the look for my big day. We had a great line of communication. They both were always on top of responding to my emails. On the day of my wedding, they both showed up on their scheduled time which is a huge plus because time is so important on that day. Just as Suzanne was finishing with make-up, Mandy was right there to start with hair. Both of them gave me opportunities to check myself in the mirror to make sure I loved everything, and I did. When I saw the photos from that day, I was amazed at how I looked. I felt like the most beautiful person in the world. The hair and make-up lasted all day through a 90 degree outdoor wedding and reception. I would absolutely recommend both of them. Professional, talented, easy to talk to, listened well, and just great women. Thank you so much ladies!

Sent on 10/10/2013