Bridal Artistry Reviews

227 | Washington, DC

227 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Lauren · Married on 12/16/2017

I first worked with Bridal Artistry as a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding in Nov 2016, and asked for so many of her vendor recommendations as I began planning my own wedding. I had thought Ky did a wonderful job with my hair in my friend’s wedding, and asked for her by name. Barbara was quick and responsive over emails the whole time , and Ky was available for our day. The day of the trial, we also discovered a bit by chance that Laura (makeup) had worked my friend’s wedding, too!

Ky spent a lot of time asking questions during the trial: I had a few photos, and she was able to get me to describe what I liked and didn’t among the different ones. We landed on the perfect look on the first try, and didn’t need a single change. Laura was spot on with what I wanted from makeup: nothing over the top, but clearly better than my every day!

The day of went wonderfully for myself, and five bridesmaids (plus a blowout for my mother in law). Everyone looked stunning and the styles held through the very last dance.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Lauren, for taking a precious minute to write a glowing review for our team as we start a New Year!! We really appreciate your kind words for Ky & Laura, who both do fabulous work! Glad to know you had a wonderful December wedding day and the looks lasted through the whole evening.
    Wishing you newlyweds a great 2018 and beyond in life's journey.... Blessings~

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2017

Mandy and Pia were the best! They were on time, managed their time well, very professional and fun, gave each girl exactly what they wanted, and made us all look INCREDIBLE. Mandy was really flexible with the last minute change in my hair accessory and made it look even better than the trial. I received so many compliments on my makeup and so did the mother of the bride who was particularly worried about being too made up. Love this team!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Wow, Hannah! So glad that Pia & Mandy were on point for yours and everyone else's needs on the wedding day! They are both super talented and great to work with. We would love to see some pics of your Big Day. Thank you for taking a moment to write such a great review for our team. Much appreciated!

Julie · Married on 09/30/2017

I had a great experience working with Pia and Stephanie from Bridal Artistry for hair and makeup. They did an amazing job for me, my bridesmaids, and the mothers – everyone looked fantastic and the hair and makeup lasted well throughout the day. They are both so nice to work with and were very responsive.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Julie, for grabbing a minute to write a great review for Stephanie & Pia! They are pretty amazing artists! We always appreciate the feedback and working with wonderful brides like you.... Hope you will send along your gallery of photos when they are available online. Blessings to you newlyweds ~
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

Viking Braids!!

It was difficult to find an expert in Viking braiding, but I did!! Steph at Bridal Artistry did an amazing job with my hair!!! I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a sophisticated or complicated hairstyle for their wedding. She was unbelievable!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Lisa ~ We are so glad you called us to create the perfect hair style for your Viking-themed wedding! Stephanie did a spectacular job and we truly appreciate you writing such a wonderful review for her + posting the additional pics. What great wedding day memories!

Megan · Married on 08/12/2017

I had a great experience with Bridal Artistry. I loved my hair and makeup and thought Ky and Laura catered to my vision perfectly!! I also appreciated the ease of adding an additional hairstylist to accommodate our large group. Thank you for making out day great!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Megan ~ We so appreciate your kind words for Laura & Ky's styling skills and professionalism, and thanks for taking the time to write a review! Wishing you a happy holiday season as newlyweds ~

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2017

Bridal Artistry did a great job on the hair and makeup for my wedding which included myself, 4 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers. My hair and makeup turned out exactly as we discussed at the trial and it looked amazing! They set up everything at our hotel and they were on time and finished according to schedule. I also liked that everyone got a tube of their lipstick or lipgloss color to reapply throughout the night.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Hi Jennifer ~ We really appreciate you taking the time to review our makeup & hair services for your wedding day! You really looked amazing - so we hope to see some of the pics when they are available... I think our team is unique in giving full-size prestige lip colors to those getting makeup, so glad you appreciated the perk! Our best wishes to your mom, who did so much of the planning, and congratulations to you newlyweds ~
    Barbara

Arion · Married on 07/22/2017

I spent A LOT of time researching bridal hair/makeup before I chose Bridal Artistry and they are by far the best out there.

I'll start by saying that I have A LOT of hair and I'm always apprehensive when it comes to having it styled by someone because I know how overwhelming it can be. When it came time for my hair and makeup trial Norma was able to tame my mane like the pro she is. She had no problem getting my hair to do exactly what I wanted it to do! Sondra was my makeup artist and she was able to create the exact look I was going for and took the time to mix a few different shades of foundation to get my exact shade of incredibly pale!

On the day of the wedding Norma and Sondra both arrived to my house 10 minutes early and got to work immediately. I have hair and make-up done for my brides maids and the mothers of the bride and groom and everything was perfect. I even changed up my hair and make-up slightly from my trials and both artist perfectly captured my vision of what I wanted. Everyone looked gorgeous the entire day and both hair and make-up held up in the July heat!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Arion, for writing a really thoughtful review!! Norma & Sondra are truly amazing professionals and, seeing the pics of your wedding day, I know you were an absolutely gorgeous bride! It was such a pleasure to work with you on creating your custom bridal look, and warms our hearts that you loved it so much.
    Wishing much happiness to you newlyweds ~ Barbara

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I used Barbara and Jacinda from Bridal Artistry for my wedding hair and make-up and they were both wonderful! Barbara was very responsive through the entire process and easy-to work with. We set-up a hair and makeup trial a few weeks before the wedding where I was able to see the entire look and make changes before the actual wedding day which I found to be very helpful.

On the wedding day, Barbara and Jacinda both traveled to our getting ready location and provided hair and make-up for myself, 8 bridesmaids, my mother, and the groom’s mother. Jacinda was able to perfectly replicate the hair designs that the bridal party had brought pictures of and made each girl’s look unique. Barbara listened to what everybody wanted and provided make-up that did not look too heavy but was very pretty and lasted all night long.

Both Barbara and Jacinda were professional, easy-going, and helped to make our getting ready experience even more fun! I would highly recommend using Bridal Artistry for your entire wedding party’s hair and make-up needs.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! It was such fun getting everyone "beautified" for your Big Day! You and your family were so very gracious and a dream to work with. Loved the happy moment when you all were jumping on the backyard trampoline to test your hairstyles... so glad they passed the test! Be sure to send us the pic gallery. Wishing you every joy on your life's journey together ~

Shannon · Married on 06/10/2017

I did not have a wedding party so I only needed hair and makeup for myself. There are so many companies out there I had trouble picking one - what tipped the scale for me with Bridal Artistry was that they were willing to commit to a trial date AND my wedding date at the time of booking. I wanted to do my trial on a day that I had to attend a black tie wedding, so I could truly try out the "wear" of the look - and not just go home from the trial all glammed up for my pajamas! I was matched up with Norma who did both hair and makeup. It was beautiful - I felt like a rockstar. Every email was answered promptly and scheduling was a breeze. My wedding day hair of makeup looked exactly like what we'd tried out! The styling was careful and executed beautifully. Norma always made sure I was comfortable and felt like the most beautiful version of myself!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our services! Norma deserves the praises, since she is not only a skillful artist/stylist but a wonderful person who cares very much about her clients feeling comfortable with their looks. Thank you so much for your glowing review! All best wishes to you both ~

Jen · Married on 05/27/2017

I was really pleased with Barbara and Norma from Bridal Artistry for makeup and hair. The ability for me to do a trial on the weekend was nice. They both understood my non-expert description of what I was looking for and were very receptive to feedback as well as gave helpful advice/tips for how to prepare my skin and hair for the big day. They also did hair and makeup for my maid of honor and hair for my mom.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Jen! We are so glad you are still so happy with your bridal look on your Memorial Weekend wedding this past Spring! We really loved working with you and your family on the Big Day and wish you newlyweds a great start to your married life together!

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2017

I can't recommend Barbara and Bridal Artistry enough! Barbara did the makeup for my sister's wedding and I knew when I got married, I would use Barbara too. So when I got married this May, I gave her a call. My usual style is the more "natural" look and I almost never wear makeup. Barbara was able to beautifully enhance my face, giving me a very clean, and stunning wedding face that was the perfect amount of makeup. I also used Stephanie, from her team, for my hair. She was so fun and helped me to create perfect, natural, wedding hair. Stephanie and Barbara were so skilled, easy to work with, and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. Thank you so much, Stephanie and Barbara!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Jessica! You & your sister were special fun for us to "beautify" on the wedding day. What a great family you have! Stephanie & I appreciate your kind words and wish the very best of all to you newlyweds on life's adventure together!! Barbara

Christina · Married on 03/25/2017

I have been in several weddings that used Bridal Artistry for both hair and makeup, so it was a no-brainer to have them do mine when I got married. Barbara was great in coordinating everything. Stephanie did my hair and Pia did my makeup, both are amazing. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair, but showed Stephanie some ideas and she ran with it — I ended up loving the hair-style she did for me and the make-up that Pia did looked great as well. My bridesmaids looked gorgeous and were really happy with everything as well — we had two over stylists come and help, as we had about 9 people needing hair and make-up. I highly recommend Barbara's team. They do beautiful work and got everything done with time to spare before pictures.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

What an awesome review, Christina! We are so appreciative of your comments. We all work very hard to make sure each bride feels like she is so specially cared for on her Big Day and are so glad to hear that we could do that for you! Much happiness to you newlyweds ~

Christina · Married on 03/18/2017

Barbara and Kai from Bridal Artistry were amazing, both in terms of their bang up job of making me look glamorous and their great personalities! Barbara nailed exactly the glamorous but not over-done make up look I wanted, we had discussed how to change it after the trial and she really listened to my feedback. Kai was great with my up-do, it was beautiful and a little loose but lasted the entire night. Both had good suggestions based on extensive experience and were fun to work with the day of the ceremony. Highly recommended to other brides!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Awww, thank you so much, Christina! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. Loved working with you and making your bridal vision happen on your special day! All best wishes to you both ~

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2016

Barbara and Jacinda were awesome they even got my mother in law into hair and makeup which she was nervous about but these ladies did amazing job for my wedding

Sent on 12/09/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Awww, thank you, Stephanie! Both your mom and mother-in-law were great -- ladies who don't really do much makeup but were very willing to do for your wedding day. We did our "natural best" and they felt really comfortable, I see! We had a lot of fun with you and your group. Send us your photo gallery when you can. Congratulations!!

I'm very glad I chose Bridal Artistry for my wedding party. I worked specifically with Ky and Jacinda who were fantastic! I scheduled a trial and they both asked many questions and tried a few looks before I chose a final look. I was concerned about my curly hair that tends to get frizzy when brushed and about my ivory skin color that looks orange with too much bronzer. However, I had nothing to worry about! They listened to my concerns and everything looked AMAZING for the big day. They also had a larger group of girls to work with (6 bridesmaids, 2 moms and the bride) but they stuck closely to the schedule and everyone looked fantastic!! Only positive things to say!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and much appreciated review of our hair & makeup team for your wedding! Ky & Jacinda are both AMAZING, I agree! So glad you enjoyed their work and we would love to get a peak at the photo gallery, if that's possible ~ All best wishes...
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/06/2016

Barbara and Norma did a great job on me and my family members. I normally do not wear a lot of makeup and did not really know what would look good, but Barbara created a look that was very natural but still looked right for the event. Norma also did a great job on my hair. I have very thick wavy hair that she made into a great braided look. My mom also got her hair and makeup done and it looked amazing. My mom sent some pictures of what she wanted for her hair and Norma came up with something that was just what she was looking for. I recommend Barbara and her team very highly. After going to the hair/makeup trial, I was very assured that it would look great on the big day and it did.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We are so grateful that you took the time to write such a detailed review for us! We count it a privilege to be there on your special day to create the look that makes you happy and confident. You and your mom were wonderful and Norma & I loved being a part of your wedding day team!

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

I had a great experience working with Norma from Bridal Artistry for my hair and makeup. The trial and day of both went smoothly and Norma was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. Booking was easy and the pricing and terms were clear from the beginning. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Katie! Norma is amazingly talented and we are so glad you were a happy and beautiful bride on your Big Day! Would love to see your pics when the photo gallery is available. All best wishes ~

Kelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

Barbara and her team were truly amazing. They did they hair and makeup for me, my six bridesmaids, and my mom all at my venue. They made the whole experience fun and trouble free. All my ladies and I were very happy with how our hair and makeup were done and the fact that it held up for the entire day and night! They are more than worth the price and I would choose them again with no hesitation! I high suggest Barbara and her team!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our services, Kelsey!
    We had a lot of fun getting you all ready for the wedding and are so glad you loved the looks! Norma & I appreciate your kind words!!

Jenna · Married on 09/17/2016

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Barbara and her team (Sondra-makeup & Norma- hair). From the beginning, they were always responsive to my emails and really put me at ease. On the day of my wedding, Sondra showed up early and the rest of the day was a breeze and stress-free from there. Hair and makeup was done for over 10 women with different complexions, styles, etc and they worked with each of them to ensure they liked their final product. For my hair and makeup, Norma and Barbara knocked it out of the park! Highly recommend this team!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Jenna, for your kind words! We absolutely loved working with you, your mom, and the wedding party. Large groups are somewhat of a specialty with our team, and everyone in your group was a gem! You were stunning, for sure !!

Christina · Married on 09/04/2016

I chose Bridal Artistry based on the recommendation of two friends who also used them for their Virginia weddings. Although I now live in Colorado, Barbara was very accommodating and fit me in for a consultation when I was back in town a couple of months before our wedding.

When I arrived at Stone Tower for our wedding on 09.04.16 Barbara and her team were already there! They were extremely professional and did an amazing job on hair/makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, flower girls and Mother in Law. Everyone looked amazing from call time to the end of the night. I would definitely recommend them if you want a flawless look and a professional team to take care of you on your big day!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Christina ~ You are so welcome! Mandy, Stephanie and I absolutely loved working with your fun ladies and what a perfect wedding day at the Stone Tower Winery! You looked amazing and we enjoyed the getting ready time so much. All best wishes to you newlyweds!

Not to brag, but I looked STUNNING on my wedding day, and it was all thanks to Audrey (make-up artist) and Norma (hair stylist). In addition to myself, Audrey and Norma effortlessly, professionally, and efficiently provided onsite hair and makeup for 4 bridesmaids and my mother. We all looked beautiful and were very pleased with the results. My makeup and hair did not budge or smear during a full day of happy tears and sweat from dancing.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Kathryn · Married on 10/17/2015

I went to a different company first and had a bad experience with a make up trial so I was kind of hesitant to do it again. But it couldn't have been any different. Right away, Barbara made me feel so much better. She listened to my request to have natural make up done, so I didn't feel uncomfortable. By the end of my trial, I knew that I'd be going with Bridal Artistry.

The team came to my hotel and spent all day working on me, the moms, and the bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful! They all looked like natural beauties and I could tell they were all so happy with their looks. Barbara and Saata did the flawless makeup and they even gave everyone their lip color to keep so they could touch up as needed throughout the night. Norma was the hairstylist and she did everyone's hair herself. Everyone did something different but each hairstyle was perfect. My hair held up well even after dancing all night.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

I worked with Barbara Hill at Bridal Artistry to get connected to the hairstylist (Ky) and makeup artist (Pia) for my wedding. Barbara called me just a few minutes after I submitted an inquiry online (that's some good service!) and I was immediately impressed with her professionalism and I knew her team would do a great job for my wedding. We went to Ky's home studio in VA for the trial and Pia joined as well to do the makeup piece. They were both total pros - they were able to see what i had pinned on pinterest and helped me visualize my style from there. They were open to adjustments and feedback from two of my lively bridesmaids who joined me for the trial. On the day of my wedding, they arrived to the hotel suite on time and got to work on the hair for me and 4 bridesmaids and makeup for me, the bridesmaids, and the moms. They followed the tight timeline for the day perfectly while remaining very chill and laid back, which is the perfect vibe for the getting ready time before a wedding. I was absolutely thrilled with my hair and makeup and that of my bridesmaids too and the mother of bride and mother of the groom looked stunning as well.

And not only was the hair and makeup great - but it stayed together in some stressful situations. Our entire wedding party got stuff in an elevator right before the ceremony! The temperature was rising as the minutes ticked on, but my hair and makeup held firm and there are some fun photos for prove it!

Sent on 12/24/2015

From the start, I knew I was getting a quality experience with Barbara and her team. Barbara was always very quick to respond to my emails and she set me and my bridesmaids up with Ky Washington and Audrey Lee. I wanted to schedule my hair and makeup trial around my engagement photos and I asked for the date somewhat last minute. Her team was able to fulfill my request and me and one of my bridesmaids had a great time at Ky's very cute in-home studio.

On the day of my wedding, everyone arrived exactly on time and finished on time as well. My bridesmaids aren't really hair and makeup people so they didn't know what they wanted done, but both Ky and Audrey worked with them to figure out a look. I would definitely recommend Bridal Artistry to anyone else looking for a high quality and reliable company for their wedding day.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Bridal Artistry was a dream come true. They were very quick to respond, and extremely professional. When I came for my trial run, I was breaking out from the wedding stress, and they even provided me with a trial set of face cleanser. It did wonders - the first cleanser that has worked instantly on my face - and my face was clear as can be by the wedding day. They did a beautiful, tasteful job for my wedding day - I received so many compliments on the makeup specifically. I was so pleased with how it turned out and on top of that, I purchased more of the face cleanser and still use it! Barbara was not only professional but very friendly, I enjoyed talking to her while she did my makeup. I am so, so glad I went with them. I am now recommending them to all of my engaged friends!

Sent on 12/13/2015