Briana Autran Photography Reviews

27 | Asheville, NC

27 Reviews for Briana Autran Photography

Breana · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Briana is incredible! My partner and I are not typically affectionate around other people, and the day of our photo shoot was the first time that we met Briana so we were worried about looking stiff in our photos. The second we met Briana that changed. She instantly made us both feel so comfortable, we laughed the whole time. Another great skill she posses is the ability to think of random cute little ways to make you smile while she is taking the photos, for example, she would say "Okay now Will, whisper to Breana the first thing that came to your mind the first time you looked at her.", which then would lead to me sincerely smiling and feeling so much love throughout the entire shoot. Getting our photos taken was one of the highlights of my year. I recommend her to any one that I know, she is the best/kindest photographer I know.

• W

Will · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Briana is such a wonderful human being. I reached out to her while planning to propose to my girlfriend, and within a few hours she was committed to driving all the way to Traverse City from her home in Asheville, NC to take our engagement photos. The pictures turned out more beautifully than I could have imagined, and the experience was so fun and light-hearted. She really knows how to make a couple feel special (: Here are just a few examples (had to be under 10 megabytes to post).

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • caigso

Clara · Married on 10/25/2019

Wonderful Experience! Highly Recommend!

My husband and I were thrilled to work with Briana and Matt for our Engagement and Wedding photos. Briana instantly made us feel comfortable during our engagement photo shoot, and brought tons of amazing ideas for unique and creative poses that would best highlight us and our connection in the beautiful natural surroundings. Additionally, Briana is probably the best person on Earth to have around you during your Wedding Day. She has an amazing calming presence and truly helped both of us feel at ease, centered, and able to focus on the special moments! Like me, Briana appreciates the details, and was wonderful and receptive to all the little things I wanted to capture. Working with her was a breeze and she was timely and responsive to all our many emails. She also is adventurous, creative, and was able to adapt to a venue change on the day of our wedding due to rain! I cannot thank her enough for her time and efforts, not to mention her incredible talent and skill. I truly believe her work is something special, and all our family and friends have been blown away by the beauty of the photos. I would recommend her as highly as possible, and we cannot wait to work with her again in the future to capture more of the special milestones of our relationship!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly Recommend!

Briana is simply the best at what she does! My fiancé and I could not be happier with how our engagement photos turned out! She knows the most scenic, hidden spots around Asheville, and her creativity is outstanding! Briana and her assistant, Matt, were extremely accommodating, and really made the experience stress-free. I highly recommend Briana Autran Photography!!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/01/2019

Professional, Easy, Gorgeous Work

I was drawn to Briana's style and immediately booked her for our intimate Asheville wedding at the Blue Ridge Parkway. We didn't know where exactly, so she was happy to suggest a couple places off the BRP that fit our vibe. I do not live in AVL, so while we had talked on the phone and through email/WW at length, I realized it may be a little awkward to meet her the second before we get married. Very last minute, she excitedly agreed to meet for a drink the day before the wedding and brought her partner, Matt, who would be helping her the day of. We 4 hit it off and it made for a comfortable following day. Briana was very professional and helped us be comfortable in front of the camera. We just got our pictures back after 3 weeks (we only had 3 hour time slot) and they are gorgeous. I can't say enough good thing about Briana's work.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Jennifer · Married on 11/23/2018

Amazing!!!

My family and I wanted to hire a photographer for family portraits as well as candid captures on the horse property my parents live. Briana was an absolute pleasure to work with and our photos will be forever cherished. My husband and I got married prior to us finding her and if I could go back, I would of most definitely had her for our wedding photographer. You will not go wrong hiring her. She listens and helps position for the perfect shots and I will without question hire her again in the future 😁

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 11/10/2018

Laid-back, flexible, affordable, and BEAUTIFUL photos

From the beginning, Briana was a dream to work with. She catered to our budget, was flexible with our timeline, and offered to help so much along the way. As we got closer the the wedding, she gave us tips and offered to help compile our timeline. She even offered to bring us coffee the morning of the wedding!

My husband and I are usually fairly stiff and awkward when we have our photos taken, and Briana made it so easy to relax and take natural-looking pictures. What we have been shown so far has been beautiful, and we can't wait to see the rest. Her and her teammate were wonderful the entire wedding, and we would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning Mountaintop Elopement Photos

Briana is absolutely amazing. We had a destination wedding in Asheville and I will say I was initially nervous hiring vendors I knew I would not meet until right before our wedding day. Briana was recommended by the wedding coordinator at our venue. I looked at a few photographer's work, but hers struck me as the most genuine and honest, showing the true emotions of the bride and groom, the rich /lush colors of outdoor Asheville (a beauty on its own) and just a natural easiness that you don't see a lot in formal photography. Based on this, I selected her as our photographer and she was an absolute dream to work with. Briana spent a lot of time talking to us on the phone and via email and text to help us coordinate the perfect time/location/schedule for our elopement style ceremony. She made the time to meet with me twice in person when I was in Asheville taking care of wedding business and aside from being an extremely talented photographer, she is a very kind soul who is a pleasure to get to know. We planned to do mountaintop sunrise ceremony photos and the weather ended up being less than ideal, so she rolled with the punches, putting together new plans so we would still get amazing photos. And we did! The photos were true expressions of how happy my husband and I were on the day. They were not overly posed, just beautiful, natural and lifelike. Briana makes you so comfortable during the photo process and that comfort shows in her work product. I would highly recommend hiring Briana to shoot your wedding/engagement photos and I am so happy we were connected with her.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Abby · Married on 07/21/2018

Briana is such a delight to be around. She brings her love for the environment into her work with a sort of mindful photography. This attention to detail is so helpful especially in wedding photography! She’s so passionate about what she does it spills through into the photos. She was also really patient when giving us direction on posing during the shoot. Our photos look amazing, just breathtaking! I’ll definitely have her do more in the future.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Briana is an 11/10. The quality of her work speaks for itself and she is an absolute gem to be around! She was the perfect choice for our engagement/wedding photographer.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2018

Briana was incredible to work with! We are so happy we had her capture our wedding day. She brought so much passion, love, and good vibes to such an unforgettably HOT, crazy, and special day. At times, the day was a bit chaotic, but Briana helped keep things moving and was just so helpful through it all. She even helped me pin my flowers in my hair. My husband and I don't necessarily feel comfortable getting our photo taken, but she made it all feel so natural and easy. She has a true talent with making people feel at ease and capturing all the beauty and emotions of the day. She was truly great to work with and such a genuinely kind soul. I recommend her to everyone! We would love to work with her in the future for family photos! Thanks for capturing our day Briana!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Celeste · Married on 06/16/2018

have had Briana take my family, engagement, boudoir, and wedding pictures. I will use her for all my future endeavors. I recommend her for any type of pictures you are looking to have done. She is very easy going but gives her honest opinion. Brianas pictures are flawless. During my wedding, I emphasized that I didn't like my arms. I recieved all off my proofs back and my arms look AMAZING! Her work speaks for itself. I cannot thank her enough for the beautiful pictures that I will forever enjoy.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Nichole · Married on 05/03/2018

I don't even know where to start! Briana was an absolute pleasure to have capture our big day. We had a destination style elopement atop Pisgah Mountain and we are thrilled we had Briana there to hike up that mountain with us! She was so easy to work with and gave us good direction for posed shots and more importantly captured the natural, candid spirit of our day. She was very patient an kind from start to finish, and really fit into our day...she was like an extension of our family. Thank you again Briana, we're so happy we had you there to share in our day as we took those steps towards our next adventure!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Maci Stewart · Married on 11/25/2017

FANTASTIC photographer!

Briana photographed my wedding, and I can honestly say if I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t want to work with anyone else but her! She works very efficiently while also having a relaxing demeanor that kept the wedding day nerves at bay. :) Our November wedding day was quite cold, and she was able to get stunning group photos quickly so that we didn’t have to stay outside for too long.
    In addition, her ability to capture candids is phenomenal! Nearly all of our wedding guests were photographed with their dates/families/on the dance floor so that they all had keepsake photos to remember our special day by as well.
    Briana’s work is professional, and her photos turn out absolutely stunning and elegant. Highly reccomend to anyone!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jayne · Married on 11/10/2017

Where do I start? Briana was single-handedly the best decision I made (regarding vendors and details) on my wedding day. She spent months getting to know my (now) husband and I. We live in Chicago but I was born and raised in Michigan. When she was living in Michigan, Briana even made a trip to my moms house in Michigan and spent time getting to know my family and had lunch with us. She wanted to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted. She showed me picture options and asked me which lighting style I liked and let me pick out some of my favorite poses. She flew to Mexico to capture our wedding in cancun. The pictures are UNREAL. I get compliments on the photos all the time. What stuck out to me the most though.. was when I would text Briana for months after the wedding and bother her! She never acted like it was an inconvenience-- I would ask her to change a black & white photo to a color photo and she did it, in the same day- every time. She has become so much more than a photographer to me- she is a friend. I could not recommend her anymore. She was the calming presence on your wedding day that every bride deserves. I cannot wait to work with her for many years to come. I promise you will NOT be disappointed. Also-- her boyfriend Matt is an added bonus to any photo session. They are the cutest!!!!

Brittney · Married on 10/27/2017

Briana is the best! She’s fun and outgoing, has great ideas and is excited about her job. She’s got amazing experience and her work speaks for itself.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kam · event on: 10/24/2017

Briana was so amazing with our family photo shoot! We had a tired and cold toddler who was fussy the whole time but she was so patient and worked her magic - you would have thought our toddler was having the time of his life in her photos :) she captured some special moments of us and we were so pleased with her candid shots. Her style is so deep and organic, it’s exactly what we wanted and Briana absolutely delivers. Will hire her again!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Abbie · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I hired Briana shortly after standing up in a wedding that she photographed. We were so impressed with her work, personality and attentiveness that we knew we had to book her for our own wedding (we didn't even meet with anyone else!).

Briana is honestly INCREDIBLE. By far, she was one of my favorite wedding vendors. She has such a warm personality and it really makes a measurable difference on the big day. I've heard from a lot of friends that often times, wedding photographers can be intrusive and can waste a lot of your time posing your loved ones. But, Briana was the exact opposite of this. She basically let the day unfold naturally and captured the most real and candid moments of our wedding.

Not only was she a pleasure to work with day-of, but the product that she delivered to us was AMAZING. My husband, family, friends, and I were all amazed at how well our photos turned out. We loved them (and our engagement photos) so much, that we have a huge gallery wall exclusively for Briana's work in our home. We absolutely adore her!

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

Briana shot my wedding and I have the most gorgeous photos from the most important day of my life. She makes you feel very comfortable and beautiful being in front of the camera. I highly recommend her services and I will definitely be using her for our family Photos when my husband and I have children in the future.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

Briana is such a special soul, so creative and an amazing communicator. Her eye for photography is something that is so rare. Unbelievable style, very unique and her instructive lighthearted comfort during photography gave my husband and I the ability to really be ourselves in front of a camera. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. Our engagement photos were everything we wanted. She then travel thousands of miles for our elopement to the virgin islands and captured such memorable moments to take back home with us. That we were able to share with our friends and family.
    Briana Then came to our reception party and proceeded to make an impression on all of our guests as she photographed our loved ones enjoying each other’s company. It all shows through the photos that she took.
    Every dollar that I spent having Briana photograph me and my husband was a dollar well spent. We look forward to our family photo session this summer and also for a lifetime worth of photographs yet to be taken by Briana. We will be life long clients of hers for sure!

• Emily

Emily Mccormick · Married on 07/01/2017

Absolute perfection in every picture

My husband and I had hired Briana to do anniversary pictures for our one year anniversary. Words could not express how much we loved these pictures. She was so easy and fun to work with, laid back and overall fantastic to be around. She made the whole photo shoot from start to finish so carefree and fun, we didn’t have one picture that we didn’t like. Our anniversary pictures far outweigh our wedding and engagement pictures (those were not done by Briana, sadly) and had I known of her then, there would not have been a doubt in my mind we would have hired her.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • CHELSEA

CHELSEA · Married on 11/26/2016

I could not be more happy with how our photos turned out. She turns your photos into art, she is truly talented and you will for sure want to display her work!! Also she is a sweetheart and easy to work with!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Marisa · Married on 09/25/2016

Briana is a dream to work with. She’s thoughtful, genuine, and just all around talented in creating beautiful photos.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Brookelynn · Married on 08/27/2016

Briana is an incredible photographer. My husband and I had our engagement, wedding and maternity photos taken with her and have loved all of them. She is most definitely our forever photographer! Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is such a genuine kind soul. I recommend her every time someone, especially brides, is looking for a photographer. If you are looking for a down to earth photographer who makes you feel confident in front of the camera, Briana is your girl!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Vincent · Married on 05/21/2016

She is very flexible when it comes to creative direction and took amazing photos for our engagement and wedding. We thought she did so great, we recommended her to my brother and his wife for their Engagement and Wedding. She did a great job for both weddings! 5/5 would recommend!

Sent on 01/23/2018