Brian Kwan Photography Reviews

Brian Kwan Photography 5
Brian Kwan Photography 6
Brian Kwan Photography 7

ashley · Getting married on 06/15/2019

My fiancé and I got our engagement photos done by Brian and we were very nervous! We are definitely not used to getting our photos taken and especially not in this way, however Brian made the experience so easy going and really allowed us to feel more relaxed. I love how authentic our photos turned out and also the amount of photos we were able to choose from. Some of my favorite photos from our session are the ones where we are really laughing and being ourselves. Brian also has a way with editing the photos that make all of the colors play off of each other so well and turn out beautiful. I will be definitely booking Brian when our date gets closer.

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Brian Kwan Photography 8

Lani Young · Married on 09/29/2018

Fun, Friendly & Talented Photographer!

From the very beginning it was fun and comfortable to work with Brian. He accommodated our busy schedules, was incredibly professional and answered our dozens of questions with empathy and great guidance. During the wedding, Brian was great to work with. He listened to us and respected our wishes and captured great photos! Our family and wedding party loved working with him too. We'd absolutely recommend him to anyone in the future!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Wedding Photos Ever

Brian Kwan did an outstanding job photographing our wedding! He was so great to work with; flexible, nice, and professional. We absolutely loved his ability to capture candid shots, as well as posed ones. 5/5; we would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Brian Kwan Photography 9
    Brian Kwan Photography 10

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Caitlyn! Loved photographing your Colorado mountain wedding. It was truly a privilege, and it's weddings like yours that make me glad I do what I do. :)

Basmah · Married on 07/01/2018

Brian was recommended to me from a good friend who used him for her engagement photos, and I'm so glad she did! Brian is amazing! Not only did the engagement photos turn out stunningly gorgeous, but Brian was incredibly flexible with scheduling. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Adelle Moxness · Married on 06/10/2018

Brian will serve you AMAZINGLY well! :-)

After having conducted a thorough search for a photographer for our wedding, the outstanding quality of Brian's work, and his great prices stood out. As a result, the decision about who to hire was an easy one. Moreover, from the outset, he provided helpful tips, along with a customized timeline, which made planning for our wedding significantly easier than it otherwise would have been. Furthermore, throughout the entire process, Brian responded quickly, was easygoing and an excellent communicator, and provided peace and flexibility. Finally, Brian's user-friendly website has enabled, and is enabling us to access high-quality digital images, and produce first-class prints. Genuinely, Brian Kwan Photography is amazing!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Brian Kwan Photography 11

Ben · Married on 09/16/2017

Brian was amazing. His turnaround time for our photos was truly above and beyond. The photos we got from our welcome party and the wedding we're truly amazing, different, artsy and everything we imagined.
    Would definitely recommend Brian for all your photo needs.
    He is super personable and made us feel very comfortable while taking pictures.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Ben! You and Karen were so laid back and fun all at the same time. Highly recommend you as a married couple ;)

Crystal · Married on 07/18/2017

Brain is amazing. We had an elopement planned at the Garden of the Gods. It decided to rain! How awful, right? Brian told me to be courageous and do whatever I wanted. We did it in the rain. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Brian got pictures and was even excited about doing it in the rain.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/17/2017

Brian went above and beyond for our wedding. He completely exceeded our expectations. I would recommend him to anyone I know!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Hwa · Married on 06/10/2017

This review is long overdue... Out of all the vendors I've worked with for my wedding last year, Brian was by far the most professional and friendly. I was an out-of-town bride, but Brian coordinated with me seamlessly by phone calls and emails. He arrived on time, ready to work, and everything went on schedule for my wedding. Thank you, Brian.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Hwa it was fun celebrating you two. Thanks for trusting me to be part of such an important part of your lives! Your words mean a lot!

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

We couldn't be happier with the photos Brian captured! He immediately puts you at ease so the photos look incredibly natural. He listens so well and is somehow always perfectly located to photograph all the special moments of the day. Highly skilled and a great eye! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Brian Kwan Photography 12
    Brian Kwan Photography 13
    Brian Kwan Photography 14

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Jen! Loved photographing you two and looking forward to our paths crossing again :)

Hannah · Married on 03/25/2017

Brian is amazing! Not only is he super personable and professional, but his photography is outstanding! We looked at a lot of photographers in the area (my now husband has very high standards when it comes to photography) and Brian is one of the best in photo quality, price point, good/easy to work with, etc. He works hard for his money and it was 100% money well spent on our part! We ended up with more "favorites" than we know what to do with! Thank you Brian for giving us the most precious wedding gift by capturing the weekend perfectly and helping us save and cherish those moments forever.!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Hannah. I loved photographing you and Jon in stunning Colorado and can't wait to see you guys again to give yall a hug.

Amber · Married on 12/03/2016

Brian was a dream to work with - both our engagement and wedding photos came out gorgeous, and he has an easy going demeanor that puts all at ease, including a nervous groom. He quietly captured so many moments throughout our day, and also captured the beautiful winter evening look I was hoping for. He was responsive and held to timelines, which is so nice for a stressed bride. Professional, talented, and just plain nice!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Amber. Your Winter wedding in Denver was so neat- how cool that you got to get married in a beautiful mansion like that. I really enjoyed photographing you and Jeff all over Colorado!

Rachel · Married on 11/26/2016

We highly recommend working with Brian. He is extremely professional, timely, and kind. He made us feel so at ease, which is a miracle because taking SO MANY pictures can be quite awkward. But the absolute best part was our pictures. They were EVEN BETTER than we thought! We booked Brian knowing he'd be great because he has an artists eye and really focuses on natural, candid photos and interactions. Not only were our pictures absolutely stunning, but they painted a picture of our wedding that we didn't necessarily get to see in all the hustle and bustle. Brian is absolutely worth every penny and more!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Rachel. Your mountain wedding was beautiful and I was glad to be part of the celebration! Congratulations again :)

Brian is an incredible photographer with a good mix of professional and fun. He was a perfect fit for our wedding. Great with details, flexible with my family, captured the moment!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Austin- your Denver wedding rocked. Hope to bump into you again in the future!

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Brian Kwan is a 5/5 in our eyes for every possible category! My husband and I had met Brian at a trade show in DT Denver this past February after we got engaged. We immediately were drawn to his professionalism, amazing photos/editing, and his personality. We really wanted someone to capture every aspect of our wedding day as it was happening, not as staged photos throughout the day. We had 2 photographers (he hired out this awesome woman named Kate Thomas as his second photographer for the day) and they did such an outstanding job! They captured the most perfect candid photos of us, our family, & our friends! I could not have imagined any other photographer capturing our day. Not only did he capture our wedding day, he also drove all the way up from CO Springs to meet us in Rocky Mountain National Park for a snowy, mountain, outdoorsy wildlife engagement shoot! He's so accommodating, professional, and goes through every detail of the day with you. I literally didn't even notice that we had photographers at our wedding (until we had to do family photos)...but they just did their thing and did it perfectly. I highly recommend Brian Kwan Photography for any couple looking for a fun and professional photographer! We got our engagement pictures within 2 weeks and our wedding pictures edited and released within a month! Could not be more thankful for hiring him to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer. Your Boulder wedding was spectacular and what a party bus! Congrats again!

brittney · Married on 09/03/2016

Brian was a great wedding photographer! He was so helpful and supportive throughout the planning process- he went beyond my expectations with answering questions and even giving advice on other parts of the wedding day. On the day of Brian was amazing! He managed to be everywhere but never was intrusive or in the way but still managed to capture so many special moments. Brian captured the emotion of our day and our families were talking about how great he was and how much they enjoyed having him there. I love our wedding pictures and am so happy with his work!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Brittney! I loved photographing you and Luke- what a beautiful wedding. The outdoor Colorado mountains looked pretty good too! Hope your first Christmas as a married couple rocks :)

There really isn't enough time, or just the right words to describe the unbelievable experience we had working with Brian Kwan. So, if you want the Reader's Digest version of this review, here it is: stop everything that you are doing, call him immediately and do whatever you can to book him. But seriously. From the start, Brian was constantly and unwaveringly professional, responsive, and helpful. He responded almost immediately to any email or question I had. He made himself available to talk via phone or skype, which was especially important to us because we were planning our wedding from afar. And he provided us with detailed information about the entire process right up front. Beyond all of those things, however, Brian demonstrated a real genuine earnestness to do good work for us. Right away, it was clear to me that Brian was an artist who truly cares about his work, rather than just someone who photographs weddings to make money. This was really demonstrated by his approach to shooting weddings: he attended our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, pre-wedding getting ready, the ceremony, and almost the entire reception all for a price that I found to be extremely reasonable.
    Working with Brian the day before and the day of the wedding was also a wonderful experience. He was unobtrusive, but also checked in with me and my husband when appropriate. He was extremely organized and prepared for many different shots and scenarios. And was entirely a calming energy that helped me relax and not worry if the pictures would turn out great. Needless to say, the final products are simply stunning. He captured every single image that we requested, and used his artistry to create images that we couldn't have imagined ourselves, but that will hang on our walls for generations. Other people have said in their reviews of Brian that booking him was the single best decision they made in the entire wedding process, and I simply couldn't agree more.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Annemarie- photographing you and Bryan was so much fun :) Thanks so much for the privilege and the kind words! Pumped that you get to fill your new house with some photos from your beautiful Mining Exchange wedding!

Eric · Married on 07/02/2016

One of the best, if not the best, photographer in the Springs. He was naturally accommodating to all of our needs on our special day. Despite our limited time-frame and budget, he made it happen and did a spectacular job. He incorporates a unique artistic style that truly captures the moment. We knew from our first meeting that he was the perfect wedding photographer for us. To this day, we are still friends with Brian, though our wedding photo shoot was months ago. You can't go wrong with Brian as your photographer!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Eric. I really appreciate the kind words, and it was truly an honor photographing your Cheyenne Mountain ceremony!

Julie and Elliot · Married on 06/18/2016

We were thoroughly impressed with Brian every step of the way. Brian first spent a considerable about of time getting to know us and our personality. Then he laid out the exact steps we would go through to prepare for the wedding. He provided us with a clear timeline, and always promptly answered our questions. As the wedding approached, he made sure to check in if there was anything we needed. Brian was with us during the rehearsal dinner and took beautiful pictures of the evening. The next day he planned out the day to the minute to make sure we had every picture we could possibly want. He captured the funniest moments of the reception as well as the most endearing. At the end, Brian delivered over 1000 quality photos that were beyond expectations!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Brian Kwan Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Julie and Elliot. You two are the best, our paths need to cross again sometime soon!

Anna · Married on 03/19/2016

If you are looking for a photographer that will capture your wedding in a way that makes you fall back into the photo every time you look at it, Brian Kwan is the clear choice. I was amazed at his passion for making our vision come to life. He met with us several times to set up a timeline, clarify our wants, and work to make it ALL possible. Plus, he is just a joy to having around on the big day! I am laughing in about 90% of all the photos and much of that was due to how comfortable Brian makes you feel. In addition to the uniqueness and ease of his photos, he is the true example of a professional. The return of the photos completely exceeded my expectations! The only thing that slowed the process of having the completed product was me! I can't express how thankful I am that Brian was the photographer that captured Our wedding day but I am so thankful for his gift!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Connor · Married on 01/09/2016

If you are like my now wife and I we wanted to have pictures be the most beautiful part. However we didn't want it to take forever because our photographer was slow. Brian is fast, amazingly respectful, and professional. He also showed up on time to every event and well dressed to boot! We absolutely recommend him for any wedding out there.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2015

Brian's photography is amazing, and he is a wonderful person as well. His pictures are very well composed, slightly artistic, and capture the moment beautifully. He was so unbelievably helpful for the wedding and was so kind to the family and kids. I can't express my pleasure with his service enough.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Molly · Married on 08/29/2015

Brian took our engagement photos in Colorado and wedding photos in Maine and is truly incredible. He captures both small (my grandmother arriving to get her hair done) and huge (first look! first kiss!) moments beautifully and we're thrilled with our collection of photos from our wedding day. He is patient and efficient, so we finished lots of family photos in a short amount of time during cocktail hour. He also has a gift for making people feel welcome. Our family and friends loved talking to Brian throughout the weekend and appreciated his kindness as much as his photography talent.

Brian, you're simply the best!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Brian's photography had a huge impact on the overall success, ease, and joy of our wedding. He is very personable and met with us a few times before the big day to get to know us. He was always organized and calm, which was a blessing in the midst of wedding planning craziness! He captured so many amazing moments on our wedding day, yet we could hardly even tell he was there when he was taking photos. He even came to our rehearsal dinner and captured those moments! The photos are beautiful, and I'm so thankful to have such amazing memories of an amazing day. I would recommend Brian to anyone!

Sent on 10/19/2015
  • F

Fiona · Married on 07/11/2015

Brian was amazing & was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding! Although we got married in California, we chose to work with Brian because he offers tremendous value & is such an amazing person to work with. As he says himself, he is a Type A person with a Type B personality - this means that he is super organized & our timeline was adhered to perfectly both on the day of & in terms of his promised production deadlines, but he is a very low-key person to work with. He is a calming presence & made the whole photography process fun & stress-free. He edits & returns photos to you faster than any of the photographers my friends have worked with - I can tell you that when the post-wedding blues sets in, getting your photos back quickly is a HUGE plus.

One thing that we loved about Brian is that we never felt nickel & dimed when working with him. While many photographers have wedding packages that force you to choose exactly how many hours of coverage you want (or pay a lot extra for full coverage), Brian is there with you for the whole weekend. He shoots your rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, which is a great way for people to get comfortable with him & for him to get to see the vibe of your wedding weekend, and then offers to shoot up to 17 HOURS on your wedding day. For us, he shot for 14 hours so we have everything from bridesmaid breakfast to sparkler exit documented.

Brian is also very flexible and a great listener. He shoots gorgeous weddings with more of a rustic, natural feel (which is fitting, given all of Colorado's natural beauty!) but he totally nailed it on both our engagement photos and wedding photos when we said that we wanted a more crisp, vibrant feel.

We were thrilled with our photos & Brian is really the kind of person you just want to be friends with. You'll love working with him & getting to know him. We know we felt truly lucky to have the opportunity. Thanks Brian!

Sent on 09/11/2015