Brett Hickman Photographers Reviews

Brett Hickman Photographers 1
Brett Hickman Photographers 2
Brett Hickman Photographers 3

emily · Married on 09/06/2013

Brett succeeded all my expectations I had with wedding photographers. My husband and I were comfortable from the start with Brett. With Brett's creative eye there is no need to worry on your big day because the photos will be absolutely amazing! You would be crazy to not have Brett shoot your big day! I just got my photos and relived the whole day with tears of happiness. His photos really show the love between each other, family & friends! Brett we can't thank you enough!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Natalie · Married on 08/23/2013

This review is long overdue, but I knew that I had to write it, as it is well deserved. My husband and I were married in August of 2013 at Laguna Presbyterian Church followed by a reception at the St. Regis Monarch Bay. Our wedding planner gave us several photographer recommendations. After contacting and interviewing just about all of them, I was confident that Brett Hickman was the best choice. He was just as professional as he was enthusiastic, and was able to connect with the vision my husband and I had for our wedding. He was an excellent listener, very organized and a genuinely lovely, affable person.

I can honestly say that, of all of our vendors (who were all fantastic, by the way) and wedding-related decisions, Brett was the best choice that we made. We had quite the multi-cultural wedding, with bridesmaids and groomsmen from England, New Zealand, Dubai… And guests from just about every corner of the world! Yet, it took Brett and his assistants no time at all to make everyone feel completely comfortable. He engaged everyone and succeeded in making mine and my husband’s post-ceremony photography session exciting and enjoyable!

He went so far above and beyond what he was hired to do. He coordinated brilliantly with the other vendors, namely our planner, stayed longer than we had asked him to on his own accord and at no extra cost, and came up with the most gorgeous, creative spots and angles for photos.

After our wedding, he was very efficient about following up, giving us a preview and having our 900-some photos ready in a timely manner, all of which were absolutely stunning. He didn’t miss a thing! Truly, we could not have hoped for better. And to this day, we still enjoy flipping through all of the amazing photos that help us relive every bit of our special day!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Janine · Married on 08/09/2013

Brett is by far the most creative, professional, and genuine photographer. He has amazing ideas for engagement and wedding scenery, and is really in tune with the perfect lighting and moments to capture. Despite his full schedule, he always manages to communicate in a timely fashion. Brett is the real deal. He's genuine to all his clients and makes them feel comfortable. My husband and I, like most couples, are not accustomed to having professional photos taken. Brett truly made us look and feel natural through his photography. We received our edited wedding photos, and our family and friends are in awe of how beautiful the completed project turned out. These photos are what will remind us of our special day for years to come, and we could not be happier.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Julia · Married on 08/04/2013

Brett was SO spectacular, and the photos were wonderful! I am so incredibly satisfied with Brett's work and I highly recommend him. He was friendly, positive, and helpful in getting the best possible photographs. He definitely knows what he's doing and how to work with light. He was responsive to my requests but also made sure that he got shots I hadn't thought of. He was worth every penny. THANKS BRETT!!!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Nancy · Married on 07/27/2013

By far the best photographer you can find in Orange County! Brett is easy to work it, friendly, and provides the best customer service ever. Everyone at our wedding raved about our engagement book which he overnighted 2 days prior to our wedding and it was a total surprise.
    The day of our wedding Brett and his assistant Nick did a fabulous job capturing every moment of our wedding. We were running late towards the end of the night and Brett's time was up however, he stayed to make sure he captured some shots of our guest dancing!
    Thanks Brett and Nick for doing such an amazing job with our wedding pictures!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Marybeth · Married on 07/05/2013

Brett photographed our daughters wedding in July. He was wonderful to work with, very professional and the pictures he took were amazing! I would highly recommend him to any bride; you will be very pleased with the results.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Working with Brett was a great experience both personally and professionally. Brett is outgoing, creative, consistent, responsive, friendly, professional, attentive- basically everything that you want in a wedding photographer! Brett not only takes beautiful photos, but he also captures who you are and gives great personality to the photos. I highly recommend Brett Hickman Photographers for engagment shoots, weddings, and other events alike.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Shea · Married on 06/01/2013

I am so thankful that my cousin referred us to Brett. The second that my now wife and I met him for our consultation we knew that he was the only choice when it came to our wedding photographer. Not only was he professional in every way, but he was accommodating to our every need, even when we didn't quite know what we wanted. His ability to think on his feet and adjust to changes was a pleasant surprise. When our engagement photo location was closed due to the rain, Brett quickly thought of a new and, in our opinion, better location that was absolutely perfect. He could have pushed for a reschedule, but instead worked it into an amazing photo shoot. After that day we had determined that we will be using Brett for all our major photography needs. Thank you Brett for everything!!!!- Shea and Laura Tupy

Sent on 07/14/2013

Mary · Married on 05/05/2013

I'm a portrait photographer and when my daughter announced her engagement, my first thought was to see if Brett Hickman was available! Not only did she and her fiance totally enjoy their engagement session with Brett, he was willing to hike in to a remote area to take the pictures. Now that's a photographer who loves his work. The pictures were stunning.
    Before the wedding Brett sent very helpful forms to fill out concerning locations, contact info and our wish list so that on the actually day, which flew by, he and his assistant managed to capture all the details we wanted! And I highly recommend a "first look" before the ceremony. It is an incredibly intimate moment for the bride and groom, and then all the bridal party and family portraits are taken without rushing. Brett created art pieces we are going to treasure for a lifetime!
    There are many so called "wedding photographers" now days, Brett is the real thing; blending technical skills, professionalism, personality and an artist's eye.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Bri · Married on 05/05/2013

Brett Hickman Photographers are AMAZING! My mother is in the photography business, so I have known and worked with a lot of photographers, and Brett is definitely one of the best! Number one, the quality of the photographs is amazing. Brett (and his assistant for our wedding, Nick) definitely have a classic skill that is not easy to come by. They were both creative in their approach and willing to take risks, while still making sure to capture the traditional images that will be treasured in generations to come. The photographers were fun to work with and easy going, we never felt pressured or rushed and they made sure to capture everything that was important to me. Secondly, they have AMAZINGLY fast turn around. All of my images arrived to me (in a beautifully packaged zip drive) ONE WEEK after my wedding! Some of you may not realize just how unheard of that is, some photographers will make you wait a month before you see a single image, MOST will make you wait upwards of four months. This reason alone would be enough to make me hire Brett again and suggest him to all of my friends. But the reasons of why I would recommend Brett Hickman Photographers are endless: the quality of the images was impeccable, the ease of communication, the flexibility that he had to work with my crazy schedule, his relaxed but professional attitude, I could go on forever! Hire them! You will not regret it...they are definitely trustworthy when it comes to capturing one of the most special days of your life.

Sent on 05/18/2013

Diana · Married on 02/17/2013

Brett and his team were so exceptional as wedding photographers. We had them use one of the hours in our package to photograph our rehearsal dinner, and it really made the event complete. His quality of vision was extraordinary, he didn't make us jump up an down, but rather takes extra care to get that signature shot. He is patient and not pushy. Quick and knows what he wants, so there is no time wasted. The shots captured at our wedding are priceless and everyone has remarked how great the images are, how all the special moments were captured.

Now we have a thumb drive with everything on it, albums on the way and everything is set. He is quick with his production which was so excellent. We were able to see shots of our special day so early on Facebook, and we were able to share them with all our family and friends.

Brett, thank you for everything. You and your team are an amazing set of photographers and we were so lucky to snatch you up as "our" photographer on such short notice :)

All the best to you,
    Gunnar and Diana McClellan
    Married Feb 17, 2013

Sent on 03/24/2013

Alexandra · Married on 11/25/2012

Brett did an above and beyond fantastic job for our wedding! From the very beginning he was extremely professional and met with us to discuss everything we were looking for in our photographs. He was always available with any questions we had! On the day of the wedding, he was AWESOME! He has a very artistic eye and will do whatever it takes to get the shot he envisioned. I had emailed him prior to the day that my girlfriends and I wanted to take a shot of the cover for the movie Bridesmaids, he had the photo ready to go and delegated who would be doing what pose! The photo looks spot on! As it was Christmas time, there were a bunch of Christmas lights at the venue, Brett pulled us aside at one point because the fog had just rolled in and he took the most amazing shot with the fog rolling in and the lights behind us! It is now our Christmas/Thank you card photo! We would recommend Brett to anyone and everyone that needs professional photography. We will def. be using him in the future!

Sent on 12/09/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2012

Brett Hickman is the most amazing photographer that I have ever seen. I live in Arizona and I got married in California, out of all of the vendors that I dealt with Brett was the easiest to get ahold of and the most accomidating. His prices were the best that I have found for the quality of work that you get. He took into consideration everything my husband and I wanted and nailed it. On the day of the wedding he was prompt and with a smile on his face. During the wedding I did not even know he was even there but captured every special moment that we needed. I can't say enough good things about Brett and his team of photographers.

Sent on 11/07/2012

I would recommend Brett Hickman's photography to anyone. Every bride I have ever known has some negative comment to say about their wedding photos, but I honestly don't. Not only did Brett's pictures wow myself and my husband, but friends and family were raving about them as well. Brett made the picture process the day of the wedding fun and he knew when we were getting tired and needed a break. We will remember our wedding through the our pictures for the rest of my life and I git exactly what I wanted. Besides being an excellent photographer, Brett is an awesome guy and he will be getting our family's business for years to come.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Mairim · Married on 09/08/2012

Brett did an amazing job at photographing our wedding! We could not have been more impressed with the breadth of images he provided which completely captured the joy of our day. There were so many beautiful photos that it's impossible for us to even select a favorite! Not to mention, we have received countless compliments on our photos! Brett was also incredibly easy to work with. He did such a great job of making my husband and I feel at ease and relaxed during our engagement shoot and during our posed shots on our wedding day. Without a doubt, Brett is the BEST photographer!!!!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Corey · Married on 08/03/2012

Brett Hickman is hands down, the BEST photographer out there. He is so devoted to what he does and goes to great lengths to capture the beautiful, special moments. We knew right away when we met him that he was the guy for us. He is so laid-back, and made us feel very comfortable. He's enthusiastic about photography and you can just tell that he has such love and passion for what he does. He takes his time and cares about his clients. He made our engagement session and wedding day experience so much fun. I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job than Brett. Our engagement photos were unbelievable and he even captured our two year old surfing! That was an amazing gift for our son, who will have those pictures forever. Brett did an amazing job shooting our wedding, taking over a thousand wonderful pics. All the pictures were absolutely beautiful and he was able to photograph every wonderful moment and the overall mood of the whole day. Brett didn't treat us like we were clients, he treated us like friends which is why our experience with him made our wedding extra special. He goes above and beyond for his clients and we hope our friendship with him continues for a very long time. We can say with complete confidence that he will be our photographer for the rest our lives.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2012

Brett was an amazing photographer! My husband and I are both camera shy, so we are not fond of getting our picture taken. However, Brett's personality and skill made us not only comfortable but we actually enjoyed getting our picture taken. He did our wedding and our engagement photos. For the engagement photos I did not wear make-up, but he was great at capturing the light so I did not look washed out in the photos. He is great at using his surroundings to his benefit. He also is good at changing up the background and poses so you don't have a million of the same or similar photos. At our wedding, in the first set of our photos we were tense because we had just become husband and wife and we were still taking it in. So Brett let us know we don't have to take them at that moment we can go eat and dance then come back and take more pictures. He is great at reading his subjects and helping them to become relaxed to take the best photos possible. I gave him 5 out of 5 stars because he hits everyone. His photos are beautiful and full of depth. He pays attention to you and his surroundings. If you need time he gives you time if it is available. If you tell him you have insecurities about yourself he pays attention. He is an amazing photographer and I would definitely recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Natalie · Married on 07/14/2012

Brett Hickman was early, shot everything we wanted, he was polite to us and guests, and everyone was impressed with him. The pictures came out amazing and we could not be happier.

Sent on 11/11/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2012

Brett Hickman is by far the most talented photographer I've seen. We chose him to photograph our wedding because of his ability to capture moments making viewers feel as if they were there! He captured my Brother In Law and Sister In Laws Wedding in St Lucia so beautifully and perfectly that it was impossible for me to find anyone else who could match his talent. Our Wedding photos are the most important thing to us especially since we opted to not have a videographer record our magical day. With his creative eye and fun personality, the most important day of your life can be relived every time you go back and see the photos through the eyes of his camera lens. I highly recommend him to everyone I meet who is looking for a photographer. We'll never use anyone else again!

Sent on 09/04/2013
  • Greg

Greg · Married on 03/25/2012

Brett captured our wedding perfectly! I could not have dreamed of a better photographer for our wedding. From the Engagement session to the end of the wedding day and beyond, Brett was wonderful. He is extremely professional yet knows how to have a good time. He is willing to go above and beyond the expectations of his clients. We will be contacting Brett in the future for additional photo shoots. I believe that we have found a photographer for life. Thank you Brett!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Jenn · Married on 11/21/2011

Brett Hickman embodies talent and genius with simply stunning imagery. He documented our quiet wedding 3000 miles away on the island of St Lucia and captured every moment. We are so grateful to be able to share with our loved ones everything that made this day so special. We loved working with him so much, that as a wedding gift to my brother and sister-in-law we had him shoot their wedding seven months later. He is the real deal and I couldn't recommend him more.

The cake gets eaten, flowers die, people don't remember the food, but photos are forever. This is one investment and expense that knowing how important it was I would have paid double.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Jenny · Married on 07/22/2007

Brett is the best photographer, hands down!!! He captures the moments that are so priceless and powerful that you can't even put them into words! We will be using Brett time and time again and can't thank him enough for our beautiful photos that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 03/15/2013

Janelle · Married on 02/28/2014

Until getting in contract with Brett, our attempts to find a wedding photographer were disheartening. Several photographers that I spoke with were either charging outrageous prices or were just kind of snotty.

Brett was great from the first time that we contacted him. He has always been professional and personable; but more importantly he is clearly enthusiastic about what he does and the art of it. Exhibit A: At one point during our engagement shoot, he stepped back down a slope and stumbled backwards (luckily without incident) all because he was trying to get one specific angle of a shot.

During our wedding, he and his assistant were great. They were there capturing all the wonderful moments but were not the least bit intrusive. We just saw the final photos last week and they are gorgeous. Brett took advantage of our rainy wedding day to allow our wedding colors to really pop against the backgrounds. As a final flourish, he sends you all the images on an USB drive in this nice wooden box.

The only reason that this isn't a 5-star review are minor things like some miscommunication about a meeting time. We'd hire him as out photographer again in a heart beat.

Sent on 04/09/2014

We are so excited to work with Brett. We could tell from meeting with him that he really focuses on getting great lighting, which can make or break a photo. He is very easy going and flexible. I definitely recommend that you check him out!

Sent on 09/20/2015