Breaux Vineyards Reviews

50 | Purcellville, VA

50 Reviews for Breaux Vineyards

Heather · Married on 04/15/2016

Out of all our wedding vendors, working with Breaux was the easiest! Staff were so accommodating, helpful, easy going and kind. Every wedding picture turned out beautiful, there were so many great shots across the Vineyard, archways, beautiful sunset pictures and among all the beautiful decor. Because of the natural beauty we hardly needed decorations for our reception, and the wine is out of this world good! Visiting wedding guests took a wine tour and learned more about VA wine. We have aging grandparents so the wheelchair ramp was important to us also, to have enough bathroom stalls so that our wedding guests would not be standing in line all night and in the event our caterers needed to cook anything Breaux has a gourmet kitchen so everything could be reheated and or prepared on site.. Everything turned out so perfect at Breaux! We highly recommend it!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Hi Heather,
    Thank you so much for those kind words about Breaux and our staff! The Events team really appreciates your comments! Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us as well! That also means a lot to us! Making our couples happy, with an easy going approach is what we strive to do and we are so glad we were able to do that for you and your husband! We are so pleased your guests were able to do a wine tour and enjoy our wines! Please feel free to share with us any photos of your special day! We will be happy to give credit to your photographer and mention you in any use of the photos! Thanks again for your kind words and for holding your wedding here with us! Please feel free to visit us! Congratulations on your wedding! ~ Events Team, Breaux Vineyards

Kristen · Married on 09/25/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with the service provided by Breaux. The staff was extremely responsive and timely to our questions/requests and the setting was absolutely gorgeous. We could not have asked for a better experience! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you, Kristen, for your review and congratulations on your marriage! It was such a joy working with you and all of the fabulous vendors you chose for your special day. We look forward to seeing you and Jeramie back at Breaux again sometime soon.
    Cheers, The Events Team at Breaux Vineyards

Breaux Vineyards was the perfect setting for our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. From the moment my daughter walked into the Acadia Room, she knew this was the place she wanted to get married. The Acadia Room is very elegant with a fireplace, hardwood floors, crystal chandeliers, and a wall of windows looking out over the beautiful hill and vineyards. There is a pretty bride's room and a pub-like private tasting room for the groomsmen to hang out in. The setting is so private and peaceful.
    As there was a 90% chance of thunderstorms, the coordinator Kathleen, developed a rain plan for us which fortunately we did not have to use. She went the extra mile for us so that my daughter would not be disappointed. The clouds and mist in the hills were magical and we were even blessed with an awe inspiring sunset!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations again on your daughter’s marriage. We are so honored that you chose Breaux Vineyards, we hope that Breaux holds a special place in your heart, and that you continue to come back often to visit. Best of luck to your daughter & her husband!

Kelsey · Married on 09/12/2015

Pros:
    -Our wedding at Breaux Vineyards was absolutely stunning
    -The views of the mountains and vines are gorgeous, the environment is peaceful
    -Hire a good photographer, and you're golden
    -In my opinion, late summer is the best time of year because the vines are full
    -The venue is relatively new, clean and in excellent condition
    -The wine is delicious! If you run out during the reception, they let you purchase additional cases

Things to consider:
    -There is no rain backup plan, other than renting a tent which can get expensive
    -The venue is not close to hotels, so I would recommend providing transportation for guests to and from the venue
    -There could be straggling vineyard visitors on a nice day, depending on what time you start your ceremony

Sent on 04/24/2016

Traci · Married on 10/18/2014

I LOVE BREAUX! We were recently married there and could not be happy with how everything turned out. We had tons of compliments from our guests about how beautiful our venue was and how it was the BEST wedding they had ever attended. We picked the fall so we could be surrounded by the beautiful hills, covered in the gorgeous fall colors. It was breathtaking!

Our planning process started over a year ago and we loved working with Regan, Kathleen and Jen. They were so patient and accommodating. I am forever grateful that they put up with me and all of my questions. They are the consummate professionals, but also know how to make their guests feel relaxed. WE LOVE THEM!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Roger · Married on 09/21/2013

I would highly recommend Breaux Vineyards as just a fabulous venue for a wedding. The location has spectacular vistas and their new reception room is amazing. Their wines are some of the best we have ever tasted and all our guests confirmed this. The event staff were just great to work with and helped us through the entire experience. We would no reservations in recommending Breuax Vineyards to anyone looking for an amazing location to host their wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Roger & Susan,

Thank you for the kind review! It was great working with you all and being a part of your special day. It was lovely to see you over the weekend, and I am looking forward to seeing you here in the future! Can't wait to see pictures!

Reagan Morris
    Events Manager

Cassandra · Married on 09/24/2011

This place has the best scenic view!!! We were helped by Reagan Morris, and she was the best help with all the wedding planning we did!!! Worth all the money!

Sent on 10/01/2011

Jon · Married on 09/17/2011

Seeing as how Breaux Vineyards is consistently voted the best winery in Virginia, I don't think I need to sell how absolutely beautiful their property is out in Purcellville. The moment we saw it, we knew we wanted to get married there. And that's where the staff came in.

We worked with Reagan Morris who was wonderful to work with. Although we had a wedding planner, Reagan was the point person at Breaux who contracted with the tent company and did everything else behind the scenes. She was responsive, friendly, and very competent in everything she did for us.

On our big day, everything went smoothly. They were actually in the middle of harvest but they managed to keep the area looking beautiful and since it was cold, they opened up the tasting room so folks could warm up a bit. We have nothing but great things to say about Breaux Vineyards and Reagan!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Emily · Married on 10/25/2010

We had our wedding here on 9/25/10 and the staff was amazing. We worked with Reagan Morris to set up our day, and she was great. She had a lot of good suggestions when it came to choosing wine and even stopped us from making a few not so good decisions. At one point, we wanted to have a wine tasting during cocktail hour - and instead of just saying ok (and adding another few hundred dollars to the bill) she told us about her experiences and how most times people are more interested in mingling outside than coming inside to do the tastings. In the end, I'm really happy that we took her advice.

Ok - but more about the venue.....It is stunning. Absolutely stunning. You'll pay a little more than smaller vineyards, but its worth it for the pictures that you'll have. The staff is very friendly and will negotiate with their preferred vendors to get you a good deal on tent rentals (though, you don't HAVE to use their vendors).

Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend taking a look when deciding where to hold your vineyard wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Heather · Married on 08/31/2008

The setting was perfect, the wine delicious, and the quality of service was unbelievable. This is by far the best vineyard in northern Virginia for a wedding. Jennifer Blosser, Regan and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job creating a beautiful, elegant, and gracious atmosphere. We never imagined our wedding would turn out so perfectly-- and there is no way we would have been able to do it without Breaux Vineyards. They helped us work through all the details and were always a step ahead of us. We are so, so glad that we picked Breaux Vineyards for our wedding.

Sent on 09/28/2008

Heather and Brian,

Thank you for your review! It was such a pleasure working with you and being a part of your special day. I hope to see you again soon! Best wishes to you as you begin this new chapter of life together.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer

Carrie · Married on 09/10/2016

What can I say about Breaux! The venue is absolutely stunning and was the perfect scenery for our wedding day. We could not be happier with our choice to get married at Breaux Vineyards! Reagan was wonderfully accommodating and helped us every step of the way. Thank you Breaux!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Hi Carrie,
    Thank you so much! It was absolutely a pleasure to work with you on your special day. I have seen a few of your pictures and they turned out absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you at Breaux in the future, please say hello next time you are out here.
    Thank you again! Cheers!

Nina · Married on 04/27/2019

A perfect day

We had an absolutely picture perfect wedding, thanks in large part to Whitney and the Breaux team.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Congratulations Nina & Randall!!! It was truly a beautiful day and I had so much fun working with such a sweet couple. Wishing you many years of love and happiness and hope that newly wed feeling lasts a lifetime. Hope to see you back here again soon! ~Whitney

Elizabeth · Married on 05/01/2010

We searched a number of in vineyards in Northern Virginia for our wedding ceremony and reception and none was as beautiful as Breaux. With Breaux you are right next to vines, and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The sunset is gorgeous! Our guests kept commenting that it felt like a fairy tale wedding because of the setting - it was magical.

The wine tasting building and patio are available for use during the reception. The building is beautiful - designed in a tuscan style - really creates a great atmosphere. Being able to use Breaux's patio furniture for the cocktail hour reduces your need for extra catering-related costs like tables and chairs.

The wine is good, but not the best I've had in Virginia. That said, certainly not the worst. We did a wine tasting during the cocktail hour and our guests said they had a good time with that.

The Breaux Staff - particularly the folks you interact with to plan the wedding - were very kind and helpful. They have lots of experience and though we did not have problems on our day, they seemed to be the kind of people that would go out of their way to try to help if something unexpected happened.

The downsides to the venue are:
    1. The lack of a "getting ready" area and restrooms for guests -- The wedding party got ready at the hotel (in Reston) and drove to Breaux (which is about a 45 minute drive) dressed in their tuxes and dresses. I got ready, but didn't put the dress on until we arrived at Breaux - we used the Bottling Room - which is where they hide the bride until the ceremony.
    Re: the restrooms - only the bridal party is allowed to use the Breaux restrooms in the tasting room. All other guests have to use the restroom trailer we rented.

I heard that they are looking into building a facility for weddings that would take care of these issues.

2. Other Vendor Costs -- though the Breaux Venue Price seemed reasonable for the location -- it lacks facilities to handle a medium to large size wedding - so everything has to be brought in. Restroom trailers, Tent, catering company complete with tables, linens, dishes, etc. All of this adds up. Our budget for the wedding more than doubled primarily because we didn't realize how much these other costs would be. If we had known, we probably would have chosen a different venue because we wouldn't have been able to stomach the True Cost of choosing Breaux. That said, ignorance can be bliss, and I'm glad we had our wedding at Breaux -- it was beautiful and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. Thankfully, God provided the extra money we needed to cover the additional cost.

Sent on 09/18/2010
  • auccello

Amy · Married on 10/24/2009

Breaux Vineyards was absolutely exceptional! The site was gorgeous, the wine delicious and the services that they provided were outstanding. Reagan was so attentive and helped me to locate all of the details that I needed to truly make this a magical evening for everyone. The value for money is worth it and the site is exceptional. They provided whatever we asked for and took care of our friends and family as if they were their own. I couldn't recommend a more stunning location and fabulous team; and the wine was what brought us there in the first place!

Sent on 04/22/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married here on October 10th. We knew we wanted a vineyard wedding and looked at a ton in the Northern VA area. Most of the vineyards we looked at were a little too rustic for what we had in mind... until we got to Breaux. As soon as you pull up to their property, the views are breathtaking. They were doing construction on their new tasting room which finished before our wedding and the space is gorgeous. The wedding receptions are held in the Grand Acadia ballroom and it has hardwood floors and beautiful chandeliers- exactly what we were looking for as we wanted a more elegant vineyard wedding.

It was always easy for us to get in touch with our contact at Breaux (Kathleen) and she was always very helpful with any questions I had.

When it came time for the big day - it was definitely tough trying to get everything in place in time for our ceremony start time. They only allow you to come to the venue 2 hours prior to the ceremony whether it's the wedding party trying to get ready or vendors trying to set up. Due to the time crunch I wasn't able to get certain photos out of the way before the ceremony and I could tell the vendors were struggling to get everything in place. It worked out though! Just a little stressful. The only other complaint I have was that in the middle of the reception my husband was told him and his groomsmen had to get all of their belongings out of the lock and key room (Where they got ready- another room near the reception space). We were unaware of this and it was in the midst of when we were trying to do our cake cutting. It would have been nice to know ahead of time so he didn't have to miss any of the reception.

Overall, Breaux is a beautiful venue. Everyone that works there is so professional and helpful.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you, Liz, for taking the time to write a review about your beautiful wedding at Breaux Vineyards. We are so glad you chose Breaux out of all of the vineyard venues you looked at in the area. It was a pleasure working with you all throughout your planning process, and a good experience to get to work with new vendors you chose who had never worked at Breaux before. I’m sorry to hear you felt rushed during the set-up before your ceremony, but I am sure your vendors had everything in place before your guests arrived, making the event seem seamless to those attending. I apologize that you were unaware of the rental period of the room for the groomsmen, I had no idea you were interrupted to remove your items from this area, especially during your cake cutting! Our staff is here overseeing the site during the event, which is why we stay behind the scenes during your wedding, so you can fully enjoy the evening with your friends and family. Again, I apologize if this caused any stress or confusion, which is the last thing we want for our couples.
    Thank you for the kind words about the staff and venue here at Breaux Vineyards, we really enjoyed working with you and your vendors, and hope to continue to see you and Matthew at Breaux again soon!
  • Melissa

Melissa L. · Married on 03/03/2019

Breaux Vineyards was the perfect venue for our wedding!

Breaux Vineyards was the perfect venue for our wedding! The venue was beautiful and the event planning staff was knowledgeable and professional. We loved the combination of indoor and outdoor space and it felt like we were getting married in Tuscany.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Melissa & Brandon, Congratulations again on your wedding celebration! It was such a pleasure working with the two of you and being a part of your big day. Wishing you many years of love, laughter and memories that will last you a lifetime. Best Wishes, Whitney

3.0

I got married here in September and it was picture perfect. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue and vineyard were. The weather was perfect, which really helped. We have absolutely stunning photos from the day. Many venues that are this picturesque don't allow you to bring your own catering in, but Breaux does so that was one of the key reasons we chose them because I wanted something scenic but we we were also picky about food. Kathleen was responsive and helpful throughout the process.

My main piece of constructive feedback is that I wish they didn't nickel and dime you when you want to add extra time. We ended up not adding a lot of extra time to our contract because it was pricey, and arriving 1.5 hours before the ceremony began. I felt extremely rushed which made the beginning of our time there stressful and we missed out on taking key photos. So my main piece of advice to anyone looking to book a wedding here would be to either negotiate for extra time or just pay the additional cost to add it.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your review about your beautiful wedding at Breaux Vineyards! We are so pleased to hear that you felt your event was picture perfect, and so glad you had wonderful weather, as well. We appreciate your kind words about our events staff, and glad you enjoyed the flexibility of working with new vendors at our site. I appreciate you offering your advice to future brides so they understand adding more time might be beneficial to them, depending on their timeline and needs. We hope that Breaux always holds a special place in your heart, and you look back on your beautiful photos and reminisce about the amazing memories you created here! We hope to see you back at Breaux again sometime soon.
    Cheers,
    Events Team at Breaux Vineyards

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

My wedding a Breaux Vineyards was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony location is surrounded by vines and has a backdrop of mountains, and we transitioned into a beautiful ballroom with huge windows that overlook the same view for the reception. Even the rooms for the bridal party and groomsmen to get ready are picturesque. Our guests raved about the gorgeous location and thought the wine was delicious. You have to serve wine from the vineyard, but there are so many options it was easy to find what we wanted, and doing a few wine tastings was a lot of fun!

You do have to hire a coordinator as part of your contract. Breaux has a list of preferred vendors for catering and coordinator, but approved the coordinator I had hired who was not on their list. You have a short window of time for setup and cleanup, but it didn't seem to be an issue for the other vendors. If you can have your wedding at Breaux Vineyards I would recommend it wholeheartedly!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Hi Melissa,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I very much appreciate all of the kind comments about the site. It was a pleasure working with you and all of your vendors. I had never had the opportunity to work with Jessica from JEM events before, she was incredible and I hope to work with her again soon. I’m so happy that Breaux Vineyards will forever hold special memories for you. I look forward to seeing you all on future visits. Thank you again, and Cheers~ Reagan Morris Events Manager

Overall we had a great experience working with Breaux. Their event coordinators Reagan and Kathleen were amazing and they met with us whenever we needed it. The day turned out wonderful.

However, the original ceremony site we were supposed to use was unavailable. Construction was supposed to be finished by December and as of our day in April it was nowhere near complete. This created a lot of stress for me. Breaux was flexible in allowing us to use any other ceremony site for the wedding, but other than that did not try to make any concessions for our original ceremony site being unavailable.

It would have been nice, if the vineyard offered us something to compensate for undue stress and frustration this caused; as it felt like I did not get everything (the ceremony site) that I had paid for.

Sent on 05/18/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2013

4.2
      3.0

Breaux is absolutely beautiful. It was our dream venue, and it's definitely popular, so book early! We had a date picked out, but it was already booked by the time we visited almost a year in advance. We loved the venue so much though that we changed our date so that we could still have our wedding there.
    Reagan is the events manager and main contact for weddings. She's very nice, but can be a little slow in responding to emails. Overall, she did a great job, addressed all of our concerns and questions, and was flexible, which we appreciated.
    They've just recently built a new building that allows you to have the reception indoors - it's a much better value than having to go through renting a tent, etc., and the room is really gorgeous. We also had our rehearsal dinner there, just in the room below the new reception room, and it was perfect for the occasion.
    Overall, definitely recommend Breaux for weddings and for the wine!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Linnie · Married on 06/11/2011

3.0

This location is beautiful!! The wine is delicious and the service was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this vendor and venue! The only negative that I can mention is that the price was fairly steep for a four hour event- but the outcome was AMAZING.

Sent on 06/21/2011

3.0

I had my reception at Breaux Vineyards in September. The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful (it also helped that we had near perfect weather). The tables, chairs, etc. that come with the venue rental were really nice. Kathleen was great to work with - very responsive to any questions I had via email or phone. Originally the communication was pretty bad but once Kathleen took over as our main contact things went smoothly. The venue is pretty pricy but definitely worth it. Our guests still talk about how breathtaking the views were - from inside the Acadia room as well as outside during cocktail hour. I would recommend Breaux to anyone who wants the "Napa Valley" look in Northern Virginia.

Sent on 10/06/2014
  • User3311968 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      3.0

By far the prettiest winery in NoVa! The grounds and buildings are gorgeous (especially the new events building, The Acadia, where we had our reception). The vineyard sits in a valley with hills of vines as a backdrop for our ceremony. It was stunning. Reagan and team were a pleasure to work with as well. The wine is also very, very good. Breaux is a little pricey but completely worth it, in my opinion!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Rebekah · Married on 10/13/2013

3.2
      2.0

Breaux is definitely a BEAUTIFUL venue and the new reception hall is GORGEOUS. Best of all they have really great wine that is enjoyable and that your guests will appreciate. All of our guests were amazed and the setting really gives you a true high-end vineyard feel. However, this is what you're pay for and that's it.
    The staff was friendly, and accommodating to our visits and walk-through, but it is worth noting that overall the event rules and time frames are very strict. If you have great vendors (like we did) you can make it work and it will be beautiful, but it's not without effort and flexibility on your part, because they stick closely to their contract and rules. You will have to work within the confines of their restrictions on everything from the time of your event, to where you can have it, to what chairs you can use, to where you can drink, to where your guests can hang out, to what time your vendors can arrive, what time you have to leave by, where you can take pictures, rain/weather/backup options, getting a coordinator, getting insurance, childcare, and what type of furniture you can or cannot bring onto the property.
    They do include the use of their reception hall tables and they give you a discount on wine purchased from them and there is no minimum, but those are about the only "extra" perks you get from them.
    This is not your laid back vineyard, but if you're willing to work with their rules, you can have a gorgeous event that your guests will enjoy and we did.

Sent on 11/13/2013

1.6
      1.0
      2.5
      1.0
      2.0

Beautiful venue and grounds but the staff was immature and difficult to work with. The venue is stunning but it doesn't seem that there was a vision in place when designing the new reception area - there was no where to hang your coats, we had to beg them to allow us to use the downstairs bar area for the guys to get ready - their initial solution was in the refrigerator, things that should have be obvious...weren't. They were very inflexible and poor at communicating until our date got closer - seems like such a waste of an amazing location.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Breaux Vineyards's reply:

I’m so sorry you weren’t 100% pleased with your wedding experience at Breaux Vineyards. We take pride in our personal, responsive service to each bride, so I am very sorry that you didn’t feel that you received this treatment. I’m so happy, though, that you appreciated our beautiful location- it is a truly special spot. Often, our brides choose to rent the downstairs bar area, called the “Cork & Key,” as an area for grooms to get ready, but of course this isn’t mandatory and many of our couples choose not to rent the additional area and the grooms prepare off-site. Of course, if this isn’t feasible for a couple we try to come up with other creative options for them, including our production areas; I’m sorry that the ideas we had didn’t work for you.

I would love to hear any additional concerns you may have, so if you are willing to get in touch, I would love to hear from you to discuss your experience at events@breauxvineyards.com. Our goal is for every couple to have the best possible experience here at Breaux, so anything we can do to be sure we learn from your experience and give our future brides and grooms the service they are looking for would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for the feedback!