BreakThrough Entertainment Reviews

BreakThrough Entertainment 5
BreakThrough Entertainment 6
BreakThrough Entertainment 7

Mike · Married on 05/25/2014

Dj Naps at Breakthrough Ent. was the best part of our wedding. Even throughout the planning process the DJ was very professional and easy to work with. Very accommodating to our needs and the wedding night was perfect. I definitely recommend the up-lighting as well..

Sent on 10/14/2014

When my now Husband and I set out to find a DJ for our wedding last October, we knew exactly what we wanted- Someone who could mix all kinds of music together to keep everyone on the dance floor all night. We got exactly that and more with Dave Pescrillo (DJ Jestyr)! Everyone had a great time (even some of my co-workers' husbands who usually hate going to weddings) and Dave was a HUGE part of that! He even got my Grandmother on the dance floor! Dave was very organized and coordinated with the event manager at the reception hall to keep everything moving smoothly. Dave was well worth the cost and I will definitely be recommending Dave and Breakthrough Entertainment to all my engaged friends!

Sent on 03/22/2014
  • User4693282 · event on 11/30/2013

I had already put a retainer down with another company to DJ my Son's Bar Mitzvah. My son and I then attended a Bar Mitzvah in which Breakthrough Entertainment provided the music and MC. That following Monday I contacted Adam at Breakthrough and let my original choice know we would not need their services.
    After working with Adam and Mike I cannot believe how awesome they made my sons day (and on short notice too)! They did everything we asked and then some. The night was unforgettable and everyone loved their photo booth. I recommend their services to anyone who wants an awesome party!

Sent on 01/13/2015

I only have positive things to say. DJ Angel is good at what he does. He is very professional and responsive to the wants and needs of the bride and groom. He met with the bride and groom and parents of the bride twice prior to the wedding to make sure he was responsive to what we wanted - and on wedding day everyting went as hoped for. I would recommend Angel and BreakThrough with no reservations whatsoever!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Dan · Married on 10/05/2013

Im writing this with 100% honesty. hiring Breakthrough Entertainment for our wedding was THE best option we could have chosen.

My family is not a party type family and I was nervous no one would be dancing...well DJ Sweet took care of that. The dance floor was non-stop. it was unbelievable.

I can with 100% certainly recommend DJ Sweet to anyone and I will be to friends and family.

Thanks guys, honestly very very happy

Dan and Heather Salamone

Sent on 10/14/2013

shannon · Married on 09/28/2013

Angel was the best money I spent on my wedding.. He made sure that everything was in order and was EXTREMELY organized.. He is very creative as well and offered a ton of suggestions.. He also opened his scheduled to staying a hour extra. You will NOT be disappointed

Sent on 10/03/2013

Dina · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough about Dave Pescrillo (DJ Jestyr) and Breakthrough Entertainment. Music at a wedding makes the party and Dave went above and beyond for my 80's/90's party animal guests. The dance floor was never empty which is a mark of a great wedding. He was great with my requests to remove standard wedding fare (chicken dance be gone..) and mixed great tracks together instead of playing all songs in their entirety. My goal was a club vibe and he delivered. Breakthrough also delivered with fantastic pink uplighting for the reception and even helped me in a pickle when I needed an Amp and Microphone for our ceremony! They took the stress out of the entire planning process and made our guests feel like they were at an exclusive party. I love Breakthrough and Dave and I would HIGHLY recommend them for any of your events. Best Rochester has to offer - don't go for standard wedding DJ's - Make your big day exclusive. Thank you Breakthrough!

Sent on 12/13/2013

C · Married on 09/21/2013

This dude flat out kilt it! Great music...great atmosphere. I highly recommend his services. "You are now watching the throne, don't let me into my zone, Don't let me into my zone (I’m definitely in my zone)"

Sent on 09/24/2013

Tim · Married on 09/21/2013

Made the wedding!!! Turned an awesome wedding into an Epic experience for all!!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Geoff · Married on 09/21/2013

I have been to a lot of weddings but never have been to one where the DJ kept people on the dance floor. The mix of music was played out perfectly. I highly recommend using this DJ for any event that you want your guests to have the time of their lives.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

Dave was the DJ for our wedding and it was absolutly amazing. We threw so much at him at the last minute and he took it on like a champ and did exactly what we ask him to do. We got married at a baseball stadium and he did the music for our ceremony and reception. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ, once he got the music/party started no one wanted to stop dancing. If we had any other DJ our wedding woul not have been the same. He mixed old school music with new school and made it his own, every age group loved him. At the end of the night i couldn't tell you how many people were asking about him and where we found him. If we ever need a DJ for any event he is the ONLY person i would call.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Mike · Married on 08/31/2013

Out of all the decisions that come with planning a large wedding, the easiest and smartest thing we did was hire Mike to be our DJ. He was in constant communication with us and made sure every detail was attended to on our wedding day. If we could give him more than 5 stars we would. If you want to have a hassle free reception with the best mix of music you'll ever hear that'll keep people dancing literally all night long..then you need to hire DJ Naps. Great Job Mike!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Jeff · Married on 08/24/2013

Breakthrough Entertainment delivered on every level for our wedding! Mike aka DJ Naps kept the dance floor filled from start to finish (literally). BTE went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our music and wedding day was customized to our needs and for that piece of mind I would have paid double.

Mike (the owner) is professional, organized, musically gifted and all around just a great guy. From country to hip-hop, young or old (just ask my parents) they know how to keep the party going. If you live in Upstate NY and need a DJ service your only call needs to be to BreakThrough Entertainment!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Brynn · Married on 08/17/2013

DJ Naps came highly recommended from our photographer so we felt so lucky to book him for our big day. From the beginning, Mike was energetic, responsive, and professional. He really understood that we wanted a party of a lifetime and he gave us just that! We gave him an idea of the music/vibe we wanted and trusted Mike to just do his thing- which he did perfectly. He totally understood us and was also able to feel the crowd and play songs that really got everyone going. This was a non-stop dance party. Our reception went 1.5 hrs longer than average and even at the last song, EVERYONE was still there and on the dance floor. I mean over 100 people that were dancing from start to finish. Even my grandparents who normally leave every event right after dinner! The bartender said he had never seen a reception like ours and we received a lot of compliments from guests that we had the best DJ they had ever seen/heard. Mike is not only a great DJ but a great advocate for the bride and groom and what they really want. The reception ran so smoothly and I know hat was due to Mike 's wonderful timing, preparation, and awareness- I felt like he was part wedding planner, making sure everything was timed perfectly and executed just right. He made us feel so special and for that we are so grateful! DJ NAPS is what made the difference at our reception, making it an unforgettable night! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Melinda & Corey · Married on 08/03/2013

We cannot say enough positive things about DJ Naps. Talk about incredible talent. From the very beginning, we knew we had lucked out with him. He paid incredible attention to detail, understanding exactly what we were looking for at our wedding. He even took the time to make a special trip to our venue to see exactly what the setup was so that he could make sure he put on the best show for us. The entertainment went all night, and he even played an hour longer than he had planned! Our friends and family are still raving about how amazing he was. He coordinated the music to fit each part of the wedding so perfectly: cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. The owners of the Country Club stated that they had never seen a party quite like that before, and it was all thanks to DJ Naps. I would highly recommend him to anyone for their wedding, or any event in general. I can promise you, his service is priceless. You don't just get a DJ here. You get someone who truly loves what he does.. and provides the best experience for you!!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Mike was the DJ at our wedding at was absolutely amazing!! Everyone I have seen since the wedding has asked who are DJ was because they loved the music so much. I would recommend them to anyone, everything was perfect!!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Lisa · Married on 07/26/2013

Our DJ, Adam, was absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond for us throughout the planning process, and just knocked it out of the park on the day of the wedding. He really knew how to read the crowd and kept everyone dancing all night! I had so many people come up to me throughout the reception and afterwards to say how impressed they were by the music and his style. Most importantly, Adam is obviously very talented at what he does and passionate about his work -- he truly is NOT your average wedding DJ. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose these guys again in a heartbeat! Thanks so much for an amazing day!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Lori · Married on 07/12/2013

I had seen Angel DJ another wedding and I knew from my experience that day that I wanted him to be ours someday... I can't even begin to say enough good things about Angel. He was so helpful even from the moment we hired him. We were given a planning spreadsheet and tons of great information around wedding music. When we gave him the spreadsheet he confirmed the songs we wanted and also confirmed the pronunciation of names of the entire wedding party. He even pointed us in the direction of a fantastic photographer and helped us burn a slide show to play during the wedding! The day of the wedding he exceeded our expectations in every single way. When someone tried to change the order of the entrances, he checked with us first. He played every song I wanted and at the perfect times. He completely 'got the party started'. He had people dancing that I didn't even know would dance (ie my 87 year old grandmother... on a table... to MJ:). I can't begin to tell you how many people have asked me about him since, and said it was the best music at a wedding they have ever been to. I would hire Angel again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Maria · Married on 07/06/2013

Angel was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. He performed a superb job for our daughter's Quinceañera party. Our guest were dancing the entire night as they enjoyed the DJ and music experience. Thank you for making a memorable night for our family and friends.

Sent on 09/23/2013

We just got back from our honeymoon and wanted to share what a wonderful job DJ SWEET did at our wedding. Everyone old and young were out on the dance floor all night, and all of our families and friends keep raving about the great music and good time they had at our wedding. I knew Chris would do a good job, and he kept everyone entertained all night long with the fabulous music. We are thrilled DJ Sweet and Breakthrough Entertainment were part of our special day!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Scott · Married on 03/16/2013

DJ A.Live did an amazing job for us! He & DJ Naps met with us twice to discuss our expectations and to ensure we were getting what we wanted. We provided DJ A.Live with a list of a few dozen songs and left it to his expertise to fill in the music for the rest of our night in order to build up the mood appropriately, and wow, did he come through for us! Completely professional, friendly, and eager to make sure you're getting what you want for your event's music, we absolutely recommend Breakthrough Entertainment & DJ A.Live. We're still getting compliments from our guests, weeks later!

Sent on 04/26/2013

Randy · Married on 12/01/2012

We were married two days ago. We used Breakthrough Entertainment. Mike went above and beyond what a DJ had to do. He made sure he taylored everything to our liking and was quite open to our musical tastes. The event flowed so smoothly. The dance floor was PACKED during the reception. The music never stopped and was totally upbeat the whole time. You will not go wrong if you book with Mike. The next morning many of our guests commented on how great the DJ was and how much they enjoyed the music. Definitely worth it!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2012

We loved Adam at BreakThrough Entertainment! He was fun to work with and he gave us great ideas leading up to our big day. We definitely recommended Adam and BreakThrough to all of our friends and family that are planning weddings!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Rhianna · Married on 11/03/2012

Dave was always available to take a call or answer a question when I needed him. For my ceremony, I really wanted something special to play for my husband that wasn't traditional and he did an amazing job timing it and putting it together for me. Our reception was amazing, the energy that he has that he plays thru his music kept everyone moving all night and it was never a dull moment. I have the pleasure of also knowing Dave outside of the wedding scene and have been to a lot of the events that he DJ's and again, never a dull moment. He knows how to read a crowd and accommodates everyone and their taste. If you are looking for something new and exciting for your event and nothing boring or traditional, Dave is your man.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/21/2012

Dear Dave,

Mike and I just wanted to let you know how incredibly happy we were to have you as the DJ at our wedding this past October.  You were so easy to work with, and so accommodating to our needs.  We loved being able to meet with you via FaceTime to finalize things, with our non-traditional work schedules it was a lifesaver.  But, the ultimate reason is that you gave us an incredible wedding ceremony and reception.  We didn't know how we were going to handle the ceremony music and you saved the day and it was wonderful for our short ceremony at the gazebo at the reception.   You gave us, and our guests an amazing time! You read the crowd so well and kept the energy going all night long.   People who don't usually dance we out there the whole night.  We didn't want it to end, and we received so many compliments about what an amazing reception we had and what an awesome time the guests had -- and we know a big part is thanks to you.   I would, and have, recommend you to others getting married.

Michelle and Michael Lansing