Brantwyn Estate Reviews

35 | Wilmington, DE

35 Reviews for Brantwyn Estate

Anne · Married on 04/20/2013

I chose Brantwyn because we would have the entire estate and not have to share our venue with others like you do at the country club or hotel. Also, the catering, cake and alcohol was included which makes life easier when planning (the cake was amazing!). The catering is done by the same folks who do the hotel and country club, yet Brantwyn is much less expensive so that made it a more economical choice too. We had 100 guests and didn't even use some of the dining rooms or outside areas (it's large but can be made more intimate...Bonus!) There are rooms that can be used for guests who want to be a part of the action without being next to the band which is good too! There are tons of rooms upstairs for a kids room with a babysitter and the bridal dressing area and bath are huge! We did the ceremony and reception here and it was a perfect venue for us. Give them a look!
    Anne & John, Wilmington, DE

Sent on 07/25/2013

B · Married on 06/25/2011

We had a June Wedding at Brantwyn Estate and it was a beautiful wedding. The facility and setting is unique and gorgeous. The ceremony was in the beautiful lower garden and the cocktail hour in the upper garden and with food served inside in the beautiful house. The professionalism of the Banquet Supervisor who handle both the ceremony and reception was the highest quality I have seen and I have been involved in planning many events. The staff was also professional and responsive. The food was outstanding. Many guest where from the DC and NYC area and all comment on what a great setting it was and that the service and food were outstanding and all much better than what they had seen at many weddings they attended in these areas.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Meg · Married on 06/22/2014

Brantwyn was a perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. Katie M. that showed us the property was helpful with options and ideas. The event supervisor Monika coordinated the day so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 07/14/2014

We were married at the end of August at the Brantwyn Estate. We had both ceremony and reception on site. I loved it! Such a unique venue for those who don't want the Ballroom/Reception Hall feel. Our photographers fell in love with all the photogenic scenery. Also they provide everything making it less stressful in having to organize a lot of vendors. Their pricing was also very reasonable and flexible for our budget. We splurged where we wanted and controlled costs in other areas.

I had started working with Lindsay for our ceremony and reception at the Brantwyn Estate, but 30 days out she notified me she was leaving her position and handing me off to another coordinator, Katie. MAJOR FREAK OUT. That is not something you want to hear a month out from your special day. Katie was great, she and I meet that same week and actually moved forward in finalizing a lot of little details. Kudos for Katie for stepping up big time.

I would definitely recommend the Brantwyn Estate and the Dupont Staff.

Sent on 09/16/2015

My wedding was held at Brantwyn. The gardens surrounding the mansion are beautiful, and made for wonderful pictures. I was worried about the wedding being broken up into separate rooms, but as long as your guest count is under 70, everyone will fit into 1 room. For a day time wedding, it was beautiful! The only gripe I had was with the cake decoration. You get a hotel DuPont cake with your package at Brantwyn. I was charged $175 for 4 large sugar flowers I wanted on the cake. They provided me with sugar flowers 1/4 of the size I asked for, and provided a picture of, and looking back at the pictures, I believe I only got 3 flowers. We felt ripped off. But, other than the cake, Harry the coordinator was wonderful, as was the food!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Susan · Married on 06/12/2011

We had our reception at the Brantwyn Estate and everything was gorgeous. I've received many compliments on the venue and the food, which was absolutely delicious. Our banquet captain was OK, but everyone else we worked with to prepare for the reception was fantastic! It's a gorgeous setting and I only wish we could have partied until the next day.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Our wedding was on the smaller side, so the Brantwyn was the perfect setting for our reception. The team makes it easy with one stop shopping from linens to the cake! We had a few small requests and they were willing to work with us. Great venue for the value, just make sure you follow up with your Captain. Ours made a few small mistakes, but nothing that ruined the night!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding was 9/9/17 at Brantwyn and it was absolutely perfect. From our first meeting with Diane to the day after when we went to gather our things - every single employee we encountered was a pleasure to work with. Jim was our captain the day of the wedding and I cannot say enough about him. He was responsive, accommodating and made everything run smoothly. If I had to do it all over again, I would without a doubt choose Brantwyn as our venue, a million times over. It was stunningly beautiful and all of our guests raved about the food!! The scenery, the food, the cake, the staff - everything was top notch!! Thank you ALL for making our day so special!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Brantwyn Estate's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Best wishes! Diane

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2009

We had our ceremony and reception at Brantwyn Estate. Overall, we very much enjoyed the day and were pleased with the venue. However, there were definitely a few glitches. They didn't seem to have enough wait staff available and many guests commented on the how long it took to serve dinner. Also recommend going to another vendor for the wedding cake (their cake designs are very old fashioned).

Sent on 11/24/2009

Nancy · Married on 03/11/2017

We had an absolutely beautiful reception at Brantwyn Estate - everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. Catering was on their game - our guests raved about the food - there was plenty and it was delicious. The service - both for food and bar plus taking care of our guests was outstanding! I would recommend Brantwyn to anyone for their wedding reception.

Sent on 06/27/2017