Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers Reviews

Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 6
Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 7

Marybeth · Married on 07/21/2019

Beautiful flowers, lovely people

I can't say enough about Laura and Carol of Brambles and Bittersweet. From my first meeting with Carol, I could tell she understood my vision. I loved their floral designs and commitment to sustainability. They worked within my very modest budget to ensure we had beautiful flowers and came up with creative ideas that never even occurred to me. Our wedding ended being on one of the hottest days of the summer. We were all worried about the viability of the flowers given the heat and the fact that we were using the ceremony flowers as centerpieces for the reception. It wasn't an issue. The flowers held up beautifully and many people commented on how pretty the arrangements and bouquets were. If you're looking for a florist in the Mystic area, Carol and Laura receive my highest recommendation. They are wonderful people and extremely talented florists!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 13
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 14

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Highly Reccommend!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Brambles and Bittersweet! We worked with Carol and Laura and they were amazing. They are super knowledgable and realistic about the kinds of flowers we wanted and could use for the wedding based on the time of year. Carol was able to incorporate all of my favorite flowers and we got endless compliments on the bouquets, centerpieces and boutonnieres. She was so creative and went above and beyond for everything! I highly, highly recommend them and was so trilled to use an amazing local florist!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Yael

Yael · Married on 08/24/2018

Amazing locally-sourced florist with a creative eye

When searching for a florist for our August wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, it was really important for us to find someone who would source locally grown, seasonal florals throughout our wedding. The venue is already so gorgeous that we did not feel we needed a ton of decoration, but rather flowers to compliment the natural beauty of the space. I was not tied to a specific type of flower, but rather gave some broad instruction (ie, colors, loosely gathered sort of feel, natural) and wanted to find an expert who would bring that to life. Carol and Laura embraced our vision and did such a fantastic job with our wedding. I would choose Brambles and Bittersweet again and again. We also had a pretty limited budget, and they were able to work with us to create stunning and creative centerpieces using painted wine bottles I provided (which other florists said couldn't be done), breathtaking bouquets and boutonnieres, and a simple but perfect loose foliage treatment of our chuppah. They were excellent communicators and perfect day-of vendors (Laura showed up early to help the men pin their boutonnieres). I gave Carol permission to cut up my mom's veil and use it to decorate my bouquet, and she did such a beautiful job with that. I also absolutely loved that Carol coordinated the donation of our centerpieces to a local rehab center in Mystic after our wedding. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Ali · Married on 07/06/2018

I loved my experience working with Laura and Carol! I knew I wanted to work with them ten minutes into our first meeting. They are so sweet and so knowledgeable on what they do. I didn't really know what I wanted for my wedding. After mentioning different flowers and colors I liked, Laura and Carol created the most amazing vision for my wedding! I then changed my mind ten more times leading up to the day and Laura somehow completely understood what I was picturing in my head and made it come alive. We also wanted a chuppah but were not sue how to execute it. They offered to decorate the chuppah and provided linens. They also knew how windy it was at my venue and put me at ease when they said they knew exactly what to do to keep the chuppah in place. Working with Laura and Carol made the wedding planning process so much easier and I am very thankful for that! I highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Alana · Married on 08/12/2017

Carol and Laura were amazing to work with! I knew nothing about flowers and only had one picture of how I would like my bouquet to look. Otherwise after describing what kind of wedding vibes we were going for they were able to make our vision a reality. Carol is incredibly creative and brought to us ideas we could have never thought of even after hours of internet searching. The guys boutonnieres received so many compliments! They were a really unique design that we had never seen before. Also, our mothers did not want the typical corsage so Carol came up with these adorable succulent rings and bracelets. The moms were very happy! I cannot say enough good things about Brambles and Bittersweet. Thank you for making our event absolutely beautiful!!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 15
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 16
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 17
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 18
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 19
    Brambles and Bittersweet Wedding Flowers 20

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

Carol was absolutely amazing to work with for my wedding. She is a true artist and perfectly captured the organic, woodland theme of the wedding. The flowers she sourced and the materials she foraged were absolutely perfect. From the beautiful centerpieces to the show-stopping mantles to the bouquets and boutonnieres, every single element looked incredible. She created a magical winter woodland wonderland for me, transforming the space, and I cannot thank her enough. She and her assistant also set everything up incredibly efficiently on the big day. She was just an absolute dream to work with, from start to finish. Incredibly easy-going, she put me at ease from our first phone conversation. Every time we spoke, I felt like I was catching up with an old friend. I could not have asked for a better experience. You will not be disappointed if you work with Carol; she will take your vision and run with it, creating works of art beyond your wildest imagination.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Alison · Married on 07/03/2016

Carol was AMAZING! She reminded me of a neighbor of mine growing up, so upon meeting her, I instantly loved her. I will admit, I didn't look very hard elsewhere, and flowers were more important to me than they are to many brides. But she's creative and passionate, and her style seems in many ways to match mine. I fully trusted her vision, and she did not disappoint. She was the first person to greet me when I arrived at my wedding venue, with kind words and joy and my beautiful bouquet. It was her creativity meeting everything I had requested. It was clear she had listened to everything I had thrown at her in terms of ideas. Just upon visiting her website you will see how incredibly talented and passionate Carol is regarding what she does. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased! She added to the magic of our wedding day, and it was perfect.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Barbara · Married on 10/11/2015

Carol, the owner of Brambles and Bittersweet, is an absolutely wonderful lady with incredible knowledge about flowers and organic horticulture. I didn't really have anything specific in mind with regard to what type of flowers I wanted for my wedding; I just knew that I wanted a bridesmaid bouquet, two ceremony arrangements, corsages, and boutonnieres, and that my colors were navy blue and ivory. I was planning my wedding from out of state, and Carol set aside some time to meet with my mother and I when we took a very brief trip up to CT to visit the venue, caterer, and other venues. It was clear that she had a ton of knowledge and a great vision, so I trusted her to come up with something spectacular. She did not disappoint! The flowers were gorgeous, and she arranged for delivery and pick-up for a minimal fee. The price was great and the service was impeccable. I'm so glad that I chose Carol rather than a standard brick-and-mortar florist.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Erika · Married on 06/08/2014

A few weeks before my wedding, my original florist went out of business, so I was rushed to find a new one. After asking around, I was recommended to Brambles and Bittersweet. About three weeks before our wedding, I met with and hired them to do the flowers for our June wedding. I was honestly just happy to find someone available for our date willing to take it on in such a short amount of time, but on the day of the wedding I was stunned by how beautiful the arrangements were! They were perfect, and exactly what I had wanted and envisioned. She was very nice and great to work with. She answered calls and emails in a timely fashion and was always very professional. I would HIGHLY recommend her, especially if you like arrangements that look less stuffy and more natural.

Sent on 07/16/2014

c · Married on 05/24/2014

Carol provided exceptional service, with an artistic talent that is out of this world. I told her what colors I wanted, and gave her free reign in design, using her own gardens for supply. I received so many compliments on the table lay out. She was truly a joy to work with.

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • User4219365 · 2+ years ago

I have never been a big flowers person and had never thought of them as being an important part of my wedding day. However, Carol Mann's expertise made my wedding flowers one of my favorite things on our special day. This was no small feat considering that we got married in February (in a blizzard!), and we were planning the wedding several hours from our ceremony location, so could not meet in person frequently.

We were able to meet Carol once (she took us on a walking tour of her nursery to brainstorm), and she immediately got our taste and added her professional vision to it. The rest of our planning was done on email, by phone, and Pinterest. Most of our arrangements were made up of local, organic succulents and flowers from Carol's land, which made for beautiful, natural bouquets, corsages, ceremony arrangements, and boutonnieres.

Despite the 6+ inches of snow, Carol delivered the flowers on time and efficiently, set them up with little to no oversight, and everything looked beautiful. She was also very proactive and responsive, for instance she provided advice on what color succulents would work best on the cake (and they were all organic so there was no fear of any pesticides).

I would recommend Carol to anyone looking for a fantastic florist in the Mystic/Stonington area. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Laura · Married on 10/13/2013

I absolutely love this company! Carol thought of everything that I hadn't. I set high demand and her unwavering persistence and style was precisely what we were looking for. Organic and sustainable is the theme behind this wonderful local florist. From initial consultation up to the delivery, we felt confident and comfortable that her interpretation of our vision would be realized, and it was. Delivery was prompt and accurate with clear instruction and we opted for additional set up. Everything seemed seamless. We were married in an outdoor ceremony and the aisle chairs were lined with gorgeous dahlias in the rich colors of fall, there were two stunning, large size spray arrangements set as the alter (Carol's idea) which were absolutely perfect. Bouquets for bridesmaids, family corsages and boutonnières, and groomsmen's boutonnières were perfectly suited to match. The bridal bouquet had accents that tied it all together and it was superb! The reception hall was filled with fantastic arrangements that incorporated all of the tones and nuances we discussed. It was so much more than I could imagine! We even had flowers on our cake. Everyone was so impressed with the elegance and sophistication of the arrangements. We couldn't be more pleased with our choice of Brambles & Bittersweet

Sent on 01/14/2014

Brambles and Bittersweet is run by Carol who owns a local and sustainable farm that doesn't use harsh pesticides and chemicals. Let me just say working with Carol is the way to go. She is so SWEET and accommodating and the value is incredible. So I went back and forth with several florists, thought about doing the whole wedding DYI and ordering wholesale...you name it I thought of it...everything was out of my budget or seemed like way too much work. I already purchased my centerpieces and I was just looking for a florist to do the flowers, I must have had an initial consult with over 10 other florists. When I heard about Carol she was a god-send. Not only is her business green and locally owned, but she does a beautiful job at a great price. Our wedding was at Harkness Memorial State Park and she is not usually one of their vendors and even the staff there commented on how gorgeous the flowers were.

Carol made a complete custom package for me. She designed my bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, corsages and the boutonnieres. Then for our centerpieces she delivered the flowers a day a head of time and we did them DIY. The arrangements came out gorgeous! Word of caution though: because Carol doesn't use harsh pesticides if you do DIY I'd arrange them outside and take an opportunity to search the flowers for small spiders. We found maybe about 10 little bugs, nothing horrifying but surely not something you'd want to bring to the dinner table. Carol also inspects the flowers she arranges so if you don't do it DIY Carol takes care of any insects.

I had an old bridal tiara that was a family that I didn't want to wear. When I didn't want to wear the tiara on my wedding day my parents were pretty disappointed so Carol was able to put the tiara in my bridal bouquet and made a beautiful design around it. She has an eye for elegance and style, I would definitely recommend her for any event!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Working with Carol for my wedding was so easy. I showed her a few photos and she was able to pull together beautiful flowers that matched my vision. My mom and I had gathered blue pitchers for all of the tables at the reception and Carol was very receptive to the idea. She worked with us to make sure the arrangements looked great in all the various shapes and sizes of the "vases." I also loved that the flowers were locally grown. I would highly recommend working with Carol for whenever you need flowers.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Renee · Married on 07/22/2017

Carol was wonderful to work with for my wedding flowers. She took my picture inspirations and gave me recommendations for the perfect in-season flowers to use. She was very responsive and professional, the flowers were gorgeous and perfect. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Emilie · Married on 07/09/2016

Absolutely outstanding - a talented, creative and very professional florist. They provided us with an amazingly beautiful set of arrangements for both the church and our reception as well as gorgeous bouquets for the bride and her attendants. Thank you for helping make our day even more special!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Holly · Married on 06/21/2014

I was very excited when I found Brambles and Bittersweet. The thought that I could have organic, locally grown flowers was surprising. I was thrilled. And Carol really knows her stuff when it comes to flowers! When certain flowers were unavailable a couple days before my wedding (there was one particular flower that we needed to order from a wholesaler), Carol was able to find a similar replacement in her own garden that turned out beautifully. Carol was very flexible as well. I had made some additions to my order just a few weeks before the wedding and not only was she able to fulfill my requests, but they were done beautifully. I still can not believe how gorgeous the bouquets turned out for my bridesmaids and I. They were stunning. I would hire Carol again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/11/2014

jody · Married on 06/13/2015

3.5
      3.5

I found out about Carol through a friend who used her for her wedding, and I am very pleased we used her for our wedding. She truly has a passion for what she does, and her arrangements of her local organic flowers were beautiful! I loved the bouquets and centerpieces she made for us, and she allowed me to rent her candelabras and bowls so I didn't have to find them elsewhere. She worked within my budget and executed exactly what I was looking for. Everyone was complimenting the stunning arrangements, and were anxiously taking them home when I gave them out at the end of the night!

Sent on 07/10/2015